Terror Threat Update

From ABC:

On the tenth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2011, terror attacks, the U.S. intelligence and law enforcement apparatus continued a feverish, around-the-clock effort to find evidence to corroborate an unfolding terror plot. (But) as (0f) early Sunday morning, none was in hand.

However, the picture authorities were working (on) had been fleshed out substantially since … intelligence from Afghanistan arrived Wednesday.

Authorities now believe, like several self-radicalized American jihadists before them, that the Sept. 11 anniversary plotters journey to jihad began in the U.S., took them to the Afghanistan-Pakistan region in July and had them, according to the CIA informant whose information is the hard bottom of the case, return to the U.S. on Aug. 31 or Sept. 1 to carry out an anniversary bomb plot.

So far, no new intelligence has come in to support or discount the informant account coming in from overseas…

So far, so good for today…but today also isn’t over.  This is the revised threat – Americans who have turned traitor after having been propagandized in to thinking that the source of the problem is the United States rather than the Islamo-fascists.  If they are American citizens then they will, of course, fit right in…unless they do something overt, no one will really be able to tell who is the Jihadist.  Makes it very hard to run them down.

Let’s just hope our intelligence, special forces and law enforcement people are at the top of their form…and that they get the breaks.

38 thoughts on “Terror Threat Update

1. neocon1 September 11, 2011 / 3:34 pm

Our enemy from within.

2. Amazona September 11, 2011 / 3:49 pm

I think we might be approaching a serious discussion on the definition of the word “religion” and its relationship to an ideology which seems to be primarily political in nature but with an element of what has traditionally been considered religion—that is, a belief in a Supreme Being and a dogma related to our relationship to that Being.

I personally define “religion” as the pursuit of spiritual enlightenment and redemption. I know some religions do not have a God figure as such, and some do not focus on redemption, or salvation, as much as on enlightenment. But in general I cannot think of any religion which does not base itself on these basic concepts, semantics notwithstanding.

Except for Islam, which appears to be primarily motivated by the ideals of conquest and world domination. The intermingling of politics and spirituality make it very hard to define Islam, but our problem here in this country is that the political aspect of Islam is free to recruit and indoctrinate people into a distinctly anti-American movement under the protection of freedom of worship.

Without the prayer aspect, radical Islam would not be tolerated in this country. The preaching of destruction of this nation would not be allowed, and the schools which teach this overtly anti-American sentiment, as well as practical methods of achieving its goals, would be recognized as treasonous and dealt with accordingly.

I don’t see how we can continue to avoid the problem of virulently anti-American groups preaching and training virulently anti-American activists in the destruction of our country, just because they hide behind the religious aspect of the movement.

it is a very touchy subject but I just don’t see how we can avoid dealing with it, sooner rather than later, as more and more Americans are recruited, indoctrinated and trained in a philosophy antithetical to our very existence as a nation.

3. casper September 11, 2011 / 4:55 pm

I see a couple of problems with your post.

First this:

“Amendment 1 – Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof”

I’m not a Muslim, I’m a Christian, and I certainly don’t agree with many parts of their belief system, however I do believe that they have the right to worship as they believe, just as I do.

As for Muslim beliefs, you can start with these:

None of which I find a threat to our country. Yes there are Muslims that would like to see our country fail, but that can also be said of some Christian groups. That’s not a good enough reason to attack an entire religion.

• Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 5:26 pm

Thier religion gives them the right to kill non muslims. Do you want me quote the sura and versa for you casper? Worship as they believe? They believe they have the right to either enslave non muslims, kill non muslims, or force non muslims to convert.

I’ll pass.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 5:31 pm

There have been a number of Christians who believed they had the right to kill or enslave non Christians. That doesn’t make all Christians bad.

• Mark Edward Noonan September 11, 2011 / 5:40 pm

“Have been”, not “are”….difference.

• Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 5:40 pm

I’ll start you off with just a couple of the milder versus.

Qur’an (5:51) – “O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Qur’an 2:191: And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

Please show me equivilent versus in the bible.

Hint; you can’t.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 5:53 pm

“Mark Edward Noonan
        September 11, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

“Have been”, not “are”….difference.”

Ann Coulter said “We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.”

Numerous posters on this site have suggested we should nuke Muslim cities. i don’t see much difference.

• Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 5:58 pm

casper is a lost cause. He will defend islam until the rest of us are dead. Then it will be his turn. Yes casper all those liberal beliefs like abortion, and open homosexuality are prohibited by islam. Those are death penalty offense in islamic law.

But as casper has obseved, muslims have the right to worship as they please.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 6:09 pm

I personally find many of beliefs of Muslims as backward and just plain wrong. My belief in the freedom of religion doesn’t mean I have the same religious beliefs as the members of all religions.

• Mark Edward Noonan September 11, 2011 / 6:21 pm

I believe that Coulter said that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11…I wanted bloody vengeance back then, too…but my growing Christian faith forbids any such thoughts here in 2011…I pity the people who do those things, worrying they will ruin themselves in the life of the world to come.

Things are different between Christians and Muslims. Period.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 6:32 pm

“Things are different between Christians and Muslims. Period.”

Things are different between some Christians and some Muslims. You don’t speak for everyone.

4. casper September 11, 2011 / 6:11 pm

I also defend your right to believe what you wish to believe.

• Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 6:21 pm

It’s not what I believe, it ‘s what I have witnessed. Close to two years seving in Iraq, I got to see sharia law up close and personal. But, you are the expert. You read it on a webste or in a book somewhere.

Machmud down the street will cut your throat the minute his imam tells him too.

Happy Day :)

• casper September 11, 2011 / 6:30 pm

My two daughters served a combined three years in Iraq and didn’t come back with the same religious hatred that you have. i’ve also had several former students and student’s parents serve multiple tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan who came back without the hatred so I’m guessing that their experiences were different than yours.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 6:47 pm

Both my daughters deployed to Iraq shortly after the invasion. Both were stationed at the airport before any of the bases were built. My younger daughter spent her second tour guarding female interpreters. Her boyfriend ran convoys his first tour and an Iraqi prison his second. He managed to pick up a Bronze Star while there. I don’t doubt you were there or that you had the experiences you claim. Just that theirs were different and that they have a different take.

5. Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 6:35 pm

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”
    – Omar Ahmad, chairman and cofounder of CAIR

Your daughters? where were they. Locked safe and secure at Camp Victory? Camp Doha? Were they out on the ground with the rest of us. I was a Military Policeman walking a beat in the green zone in the bad old days before the surge.

I was there. You are only relating anecdotal references from somebody else. A standard lib operating procedure.

6. Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 6:52 pm

Casper, between you and bomber mitch, is there anything you two are not an expert on?

• casper September 11, 2011 / 7:03 pm

I don’t claim to be an “expert” on anything, but I do read a lot and I listen to people. The real “experts” on this blog are people like Mark and Amazona.

7. Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 7:06 pm

Talking about freedom of speech. Well here is what the islamics think about it.

So much for that constitutional right. What other rights do you want to give away?

• casper September 11, 2011 / 7:12 pm

Green Mountain Boy
      September 11, 2011 at 7:06 pm #
      “Talking about freedom of speech. Well here is what the islamics think about it.”

No, that’s what one person thinks. he doesn’t represent the opinions of all Muslims anymore than a single Christian leader represents the opinions of all Christians.

• Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 7:17 pm

LOL Casper you are so naive. That is the opinion of cair, oic, and virtually all of the official islamic orginizations in the United States.

One hint here though. If you ever hear someone loudly scream allahuackbar, hit the ground as fast as you can.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 7:29 pm

“Thats ok though. You just keep thinking good thoughts. Maybe you will outlast the rest of us. It will be slavery but maybe you will be alive.”

Wow, how predictable. If I don’t agree with you I’m going to become a slave? Sorry, it’s not going to happen. I won’t be a slave to anyone.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 7:18 pm

BTW, i disagree with Imam Rauf on this I believe freedom of speech should apply to everyone.

8. Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 7:26 pm

LOL again. It does not matter what you or I think. Get real here. You claim to be a teacher so maybe you should bone up un the subject matter.

For your convience I will state it for you again. This is what is in the future. They have stated it time and time again. I believe them. You obviously do not.

– Omar Ahmad, chairman and cofounder of CAIR

9. casper September 11, 2011 / 7:34 pm

– Omar Ahmad, chairman and cofounder of CAIR”

Couldn’t you say the same about Christianity?

• Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 7:41 pm

“Couldn’t you say the same about Christianity?” Oh my. And no you can not.
      Please provide some evidence of any christian denomination actively working for a christian theocracy. please provide any evidence at all of moral equivalancy.

“And I don’t claim to be a teacher. I am a teacher and I refuse to teach to teach children to hate.” Nor will you teach them the truth.

Teach them what sharia law is all about. I dare you. It is not pretty.

10. casper September 11, 2011 / 7:46 pm

Thank you for your service. I don’t have direct knowledge of what you went through in Iraq, but I do know the toll it took it took on your family. I honor you and all those like you who served.

11. Green Mountain Boy September 11, 2011 / 7:59 pm

Don’t thank me. It was my duty. If you want to thank me, teach your kids about sharia law. Teach them the truth about it. I doubt that you would because sharia law governs every little aspect of the muslims daily life. It would compete with you leftist agenda to do the same thing.

• casper September 11, 2011 / 8:06 pm

When I teach students about Islam we look at a number issues, including sharia law.

• dbschmidt September 12, 2011 / 12:39 am

Shit GMB,

I seriously doubt Casper teaches or even relates any of the real facts and beliefs surrounding the founding of this country to any of his students. He is free to believe whatever he wants right up to becoming a slave under Islam but I, for one, will not join him or his ilk.

• neocon1 September 12, 2011 / 6:58 am

I suspect we will be fighting them along with their islamic masters, who after using them will do away with them.

• neocon1 September 12, 2011 / 7:00 am

Im sure a HEAVY lesson on sharia law.
        WHY would you “teach” on this?
        is it in the curriculum?
        reference what books you use, study guides?
        do your superiors know what you are doing?

12. RetiredSpook September 11, 2011 / 11:12 pm

A round-up of financial headlines for the coming week:

Stocks in Asia fall sharply as investors
    Sell out of Europe-exposed firms and

India’s central bank, which has raised interest rates 11 times since March 2010, is expected to add another half-point in its attempt to control heavy inflation.

Cabinet approves measure as part of steps necessary to continue to receive bailout aid.

Looks to me as though the terrorist attack was a success.

• neocon1 September 12, 2011 / 6:56 am

you are debating an idiot with catspuke.
      He CLAIMS to be a Christian yet follows none of it’s tenants.
      More like a killer tiller, hypocrite who thinks sitting in a pew and tossing a buck in the basket fulfills his duty.
      You are so correct, a couple of REMF’s coming home with “war” stories what a joke………you gotta love it.

My niece was an army MP she is 5′ 9″ she was staying with us for a while, I had to be in my early 40’s.
      We were talking one day and she was bragging about how tough she was, I laughed and she didnt like it. so we decided to tussle she found out what it was like fighting a man out of an MP uniform.
      Needless to say I put her down and had her tapping out in less than 30 seconds.
      We repeated this a couple of weeks later with same results….LOL
      I am now her favorite uncle.
      Semper Fi

13. Green Mountain Boy September 12, 2011 / 9:40 am

You have to try. Debate that is. I knew as soon as he said that they were staioned at the airport they were remf’s. Oh well, does not matter in the end. The world will be whatever it will be.

Happy Day :)

• neocon1 September 12, 2011 / 1:33 pm

. I knew as soon as he said that they were DAUGHTERS staioned at the airport they were remf’s.