Newt Beats Obama in New Poll

A new Rasmussen poll show Newt Gingrich beating Obama with Likely Voters.

The Newt Gingrich surge has moved him to the top of the polls in Iowa, big gains in New Hampshire and now a two-point edge over President Obama in a hypothetical general election match-up.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters finds Gingrich attracting 45% of the vote while President Obama earns support from 43%. Six percent (6%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

And for those of you still on the fence, here’s 11 reasons why Newt will be the GOP nominee.

About these ads

99 thoughts on “Newt Beats Obama in New Poll

1. Cluster December 1, 2011 / 11:08 am

Is it true that Gingrich has said some contradictory things in the past? Oh my – well we better forget him then.

And raising tax RATES accomplishes NOTHING, but James really isn’t interested in accomplishing anything. Politics is a sport to him

• Green Mountain Boy December 1, 2011 / 11:11 am

I have already forgotten him but thanks for the suggestion. :)

• Cluster December 1, 2011 / 11:24 am

Good thinking – maybe if that gift-to-conservatism and purist Sarah Palin was more interested in representing conservatives, she would run for POTUS, rather than cashing in on her celebrity

• Green Mountain Boy December 1, 2011 / 11:48 am

Nice try although I am not taking the bait. Say what ever you will about me, my politics, and my preferred candidates. i am not bothered by it.

Have a nice day Cluster. Its beautifully cold outside today. I think it is time to plant those frozen peas now. :P

• Cluster December 1, 2011 / 12:30 pm

I didn’t say anything about you – I said something about a person that you hold high on a pedestal, that I don’t think actually belongs there. Sarah seems to be more interested in Sarah than anything else.

• Sunny December 1, 2011 / 12:47 pm

Really – donkeyrat? You need to do a better job of reading.

Former Arapahoe County Sheriff Patrick J. Sullivan Jr. was arrested in Colorado on Wednesday for allegedly trying to exchange methamphetamines for sex with a man. He was a widely respected law enforcement figure.

The former Republican sheriff is currently being held at the Patrick J. Sullivan Jr. Detention Facility, which was named in his honor.

• Green Mountain Boy December 1, 2011 / 1:35 pm

Good point though Sunny. The link that brought to the article misidentified himas a (d) in fact but not in name. I stand by my mistake as being fake but accurate. :)

2. dennis December 1, 2011 / 5:07 pm
    • Cluster December 1, 2011 / 6:27 pm

Newt 2012! Sounds to me like Ron Paul has weak understanding of what hypocrisy is.

– Being paid as an advisor to Freddie mac is not “taking money”
      – Engaging in the climate change debate is not compromising any conservative values – in fact quite the opposite, we need to take this issue away from liberals who distort it
      – I also don’t want “right wing engineering of health care”

So you guys can trash Newt all you want, rational, mature voters wont buy into your drama queen tactics.

• Green Mountain Boy December 1, 2011 / 7:02 pm

Drama queen tactics? You mean like when Newt called the Ryan economic plan “right wing social engeneering”?

This should be interesting.

• neocon1 December 2, 2011 / 8:15 am

At this point we have to face reality sucks but true. We will have mittens or newt to run against O or Hitlery.

I have to vote AGAINST marxist socialism, traitors, and tyranny.