Out and About on a Thursday

Everyone enjoy their Christmas?  You atheists just enjoy your Wednesday?

The trouble with doing an “Obama’s Biggest Lie” piece is that there are too many to choose from.  Reason bucks the general trend and asserts that Obama’s biggest whopper is his insistence that he “welcomes” a debate about the NSA spying on the American people.

Even when ObamaCare works, it still sucks – New Mexico’s exchange is working quite well.  Only problem is that they’ve signed up a mere 291 people.  This is the actually the biggest problem for ObamaCare – no matter how you slice and dice it, not enough people are signing up.  And while we don’t have hard data on it, early indicators as that those signing up are heavily skewed towards “old/sick” rather than “young/healthy”…and the prices being quoted are based upon the assumption that there will be enough “young/healthy” to subsidize the insurance costs of the “old/sick”.  It ain’t happening.  Catastrophe awaits.  Does anyone want to take bets on whether the Obama Administration will ever penalize someone for not signing up?  Remember, when you do that, you’re penalizing a voter…a voter that Hillary’s gonna need in 2016.   Repeal and replace is the only way forward – but Obama is too proud to admit it.

Can you say “stock market bubble”, boys and girls?  Twitter is allegedly worth $40 billion.  By the way, the asking price for this blog is $9,567,435.97.

Life imitates jokes:  seems that investing in canned goods and shotguns is actual financial advice.

Spot the racist: white guy plays “knock out” game, gets charged with a hate crime.  Appears that the criminal’s plan was to see if a white man hitting a black man would make national news.  Well, it did.  But, seriously, who is the racist: the guy playing the knock out game, or liberals in the Justice Department who have ignored similar attacks but leaped on this because it was a white on black crime?

Another liberal claims the GOP is the white man’s party.  So far, Mia Love, Bobby Jindal, Tim Scott, Allen West, Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez, Brian Sandoval, Herman Cain, Ben Carson, Jennifer Carroll, Janice Rogers Brown, Alveda King, Condoleeza Rice, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Mario Diaz-Balart could not be reached for comment.

People out there are really starting to hate Jews and everything they stand for.  Yet another salvo in the war against circumcision.  They claim its about health – but as its been going on for 3,500 or so years without any major mishaps, we know what it is really about: Jews do it, and liberals are starting to dislike Jews quite a lot.

From Sixth Form Poet:

I just put something that isn’t a glove into the glove compartment and I’ve never felt so alive.

Enjoy your day!

12 thoughts on “Out and About on a Thursday

1. bardolf2 December 26, 2013 / 6:04 pm

“An Antarctic climate research expedition, led by climate researcher Chris Turney of the University of New South Wales, has become trapped in heavy ice near the coast of Antarctica. The captain has issued a distress call and three nearby icebreaker ships are on their way to the rescue. According to Turney’s web site, the purpose of the expedition is ‘to discover and communicate the environmental changes taking place in the south.'”

• Amazona December 26, 2013 / 9:28 pm

I am so glad you posted this. I heard about it today and thought about commenting on it.

I wonder if “environmental changes” include faster freezing and more ice than anticipated.

But hey, kudos to the guy for actually being willing to go down there and see for himself what was going on, after all the reports of record antarctic ice build-ups, instead of relying on those flawed computer models.

• GMB December 28, 2013 / 3:39 am

Just read somewhere that the Icebreaker sent to get him out got stuck in ice too. Is it the day after tomorrow yet?

• Amazona December 28, 2013 / 10:45 am

1. Enviro ship got stuck
        2. Icebreaker rescue ship got stuck
        3. Number 2 icebreaker ship, sent to rescue enviro ship and first icebreaker, got stuck
        4. All hopes pinned on Icebreaker # 3

I don’t think the NYC library is in danger yet but Buenos Aires might be getting nervous……….

2. dougq December 27, 2013 / 12:53 pm

” By the way, the asking price for this blog is $9,567,435.97.”

So, if I was to buy this blog would that mean I could go around saying that I own Mark Noonan? Very tempting indeed, very tempting indeed. Say, how much is that in bitcoin, like 5 or 6? I guess if we wait long enough it will be.

• M. Noonan December 27, 2013 / 1:26 pm

The bitcoin price will be adjusted for global economic collapse reasons.

3. GMB December 27, 2013 / 3:14 pm

Mark,

At this point in time and if the political situation in D.C. continues as it in the past few months, I see a pretty good chance of the Republicans increasing their majority in the HoR and a very good chance of gaining a majority in the Senate. 52 or 53 Republicans after the 14 elections.

My question to you is, do you think it would give the Republican Party any, don’t take offense here but I have no better word, backbone to stand up to the current President and stand for any conservative values.

Or is the Republican Party just going in a direction that they will not turn back from?

• M. Noonan December 27, 2013 / 4:30 pm

GMB,

I’m not sure – at least 1/3 of the Congressional GOP is entirely craven…like most of the Democrats, they are just in it for the perks of power…the money, the ability to live large, the ability to dodge the law, that sort of thing. But I think that if we keep pumping in the TEA Partiers, we can eventually get an actual House and Senate majority committed to reform – of course, we’ll need a President who wants to reform, as well. But, one step at a time. I just hope we can increase the good guys and girls in 2014 – and if we can get a Senate majority, that would be good, as well (our internal battle if we do that will be between the TEA Party and the RINOs over disposing of the remainder of the filibuster rules…the RINOs will not only want to retain what Reid left, but return to the old ways…I say, what is done is done, and getting rid of the filibuster means we can start to reform without having to pay any attention to Congressional Democrats).

• dbschmidt December 27, 2013 / 8:48 pm

Here is where I believe the olde boys club (including women CongressCritters of course) of the House and Senate have grown too comfortable with the ability to go along to get along while enriching themselves quite handsomely. I am not for term limits; however, since the education system as well as “popular” media, MSM and several other factors have reduced the attention span of the average person to 30 seconds–it has become near impossible to awaken the average voter. The dumbing down of America is nearly complete and I am about ready to let those that have no interest in their own interest to become part of the collective. I will still try to turn them back to the light being the square peg in a round hole world that I am.

I would have to say that GMB’s question is the standard answer in reverse–the one where 10% of the folks ruin it for the 90%. With Congress as a whole–I believe 90% of them have drunk the kool-aid and we would be doing good if 10% of the young blood can save us from ourselves. We do have to plod forward and smartly to get good folks into office and by good I mean those that believe in the Constitution as it was written and appended. We need to educate the folks what their real options are. Not this crap both sides make up out of whole cloth and feed them in 30 second sound bites.

• Amazona December 27, 2013 / 11:30 pm

If you are asking if we can get enough Republicans to stand up to Obama and the RRL because it is the right thing to do, I’d say don’t hold your breath.

However, if you are wondering if Republican squishies and leftish establishment types can be scared into doing the right thing after seeing what has happened to their fellow squishies, I’d say there is a pretty good chance of that.

The only thing is, it would depend on us doing our job, too. The Contract With America didn’t just fall apart because the young guns elected to make changes all became corrupted, it was because they were sent off to Washington and then those who elected them figured their job was done and went off in other directions.

This is a job that will require dedication and perseverance and fortitude and energy and keeping our eyes on the ball back here at home, after we sent our representatives into battle in DC .

• Amazona December 27, 2013 / 11:51 pm

And that includes keeping the pitchforks sharp, to keep those TEA Party types in line and remind them of how they got to DC in the first place.

4. Mark Moser December 29, 2013 / 8:40 pm

I think well see gains in both houses. Now real change is unlikely. However, maybe we will be able to buy 9mm ammo again in 2014 if we can get a republican president elected. A friend of mine just came back from Afghanistan and is an Capitan in the army. I was surprised to find out he only had one clip of 9mm for his side arm in the 18 months he was there, because the Army can’t get it either. Homeland apparently has a corner on the purchaser’s market. I feel safer already, not! What are they going to do with all that ammo? I’d guess shoot Tea Partiers.

As for the white 27 year-old moron from Texas, who hit the seventy year old black man, it is a hate crime, because I hate stupidity. Yea, there may be a disparity in the way a white man is charge when playing this game, but I’m not going to defend this idiot. Put them all away for life or just this one white guy. I’m OK with that, because it’s a start and society is one man up on the game. I’ve seen this man’s character and we don’t need him on streets in any color. I’d have shot him in the act myself if I could buy any ammo.