Open Thread

We must stop playing this game with them.

Bernie Sanders is a White Supremacist. Eventually, every non-insane person will realize that you can’t be woke enough. That’s when we win.

Portland has discovered that allowing Antifa to run riot for a year kinda sucks.

The guys at the Lincoln Project are pretty much what you expected them to be. We must keep in mind that for decades, these people were the real leaders of the GOP. Now we know that some of the accusations against “us” were true because these garbage people were our face to the world. I am so glad they unmasked themselves and are no longer part of us.

The MSM is now reporting what a lousy job Cuomo has been doing in NY regarding ‘Rona. This, I suspect, is Team Harris making sure Cuomo doesn’t run for the Democrat nomination in 2024.

We’re supposed to get hair-on-fire about the coup in Myanmar. Democracy is under attack! Well, it is a Democracy which brutally forced into exile about 740,000 Rohingya Muslims. I’m not sure I want us propping up a “Democracy” which does that sort of thing. I’m also just sick and tired of Imperial America. Its none of our business. The people of Myanmar have my prayers for peace, freedom and prosperity and I hope they are able to work out their problems. Without us.

Florida never went into the massive lockdowns and they are doing very well – and their economy isn’t crushed. The lunatic Democrat attacks on Governor DeSantis are because they fear this man running against Kamala. You know – the lady installed as VP. Who couldn’t even make it out of the Iowa Caucuses.

48 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. Amazona February 2, 2021 / 10:52 am

The FBI’s Campaign Against Some Rightwing Groups Looks Exactly Like J. Edgar Hoover’s COINTELPRO Scandal

1.) Will someone PLEASE define “rightwing” as used by the Agenda Media? Because it looks like it is just a catchall phrase for “bad people we want to associate with the Right”. Is there any kind of metric for being “rightwing” that is associated with a political philosophy based on the Constitution?

2.) Isn’t it interesting to see that the FBI has always been corrupt?

3.) Isn’t it obvious that we need a new Church Commission? Not a feeble impotent charade of an investigation, such as the Barr/Durham fiasco, but a real investigation?

• Retired Spook February 2, 2021 / 11:42 am

but a real investigation?

Not likely as long as Democrats have even nominal control of the White House and both houses of Congress. In the absence of a government investigation, which would always be suspect no matter which side conducted it, I’d love to see a group of investigative journalists get together and do a thorough investigation. Trump declassified thousands of pages of ammunition for such an investigation. John Solomon was on one of the Fox evening shows last week, and talked about what a treasure trove of info is available. I’d love to see him get together with Sara Carter, Kimberly Strassel, Sharyl Attkisson and Lara Logan, just to name a few, and go wherever the available information leads them. It’s the best way I can think of to cripple he Harris/Biden administration. I don’t even care, at this point, whose ox is gored.

• Amazona February 2, 2021 / 12:40 pm

Spook, I think this is a great idea. The only thing it needs is a communication medium to get the results out to the public. That might be where Trump comes in.

• Retired Spook February 2, 2021 / 4:19 pm

That might be where Trump comes in.

Currently I don’t believe a media platform exists that could get the information out to a significant portion of the general population. If not Trump, who?

As I mentioned the other day, I’m reading 1984 — again. The parallels to present day are terrifying. We cannot become a society where one ideological group can control the past, present, future, language, media, education and government.

• Amazona February 2, 2021 / 8:55 pm

We do have some media outlets focusing on productions. I don’t know what Glenn Beck is doing with the studio he bought in Dallas, but I do know the Daily Wire is working on entertainment productions, just released a highly regarded film called “Run, Hide, Fight” and is clearly working on that aspect of communications, A couple of prominent film makers are getting involved with this kind of thing. I think it comes down to a platform, which I believe Trump could provide.

The thing about reaching “a significant portion of the general population.” is that at the beginning we don’t need a “a significant portion of the general population”, just a few. A few who will talk about what they have seen and heard. Even if they talk about it scornfully, people will be curious. And if information is provided that the Agenda Media finds offensive at least it will be out there, getting attention and getting talked about. I think audiences will build, if we just provide a consistent platform of material that is sometimes entertaining, sometimes serious and always thought provoking.

Think of an hour long show about “1984” in which a theme of the book is discussed and then a video clip of a current example is shown.

• dbschmidt February 3, 2021 / 7:40 pm

You might not want to do this but I did back in Miami when, and still am, a nothing. Go to the local FBI office and request any and all documents the FBI has on you. They hem and haw plus there are tons of paperwork to fill out and some three months later I found out there was an entire file they had on me. Joe Average. No civilian matters, no military matters but they still felt the need to keep a file on me.

• ricorun February 8, 2021 / 12:06 pm

amazon: Because it looks like it is just a catchall phrase for “bad people we want to associate with the Right”.

By that definition, antifa is rightwing. I KNEW IT!!!

• Amazona February 8, 2021 / 5:22 pm

The grating sound of your inane tittering is audible even at this distance. You are certainly smug in your assumption of being funny. But then on the Left all one has to do is IDENTIFY as a comedian to be considered a comedian, as we see with Kathy Griffin and Samantha Bee, so I guess if you identify as funny you’ll fit right in. It’s just that simpering quality to your snark that is so off-putting.

• ricorun February 8, 2021 / 7:35 pm

amazon: It’s just that simpering quality to your snark that is so off-putting.

Awwww….

• ricorun February 8, 2021 / 7:36 pm

😉

2. Amazona February 2, 2021 / 10:55 am

I think Mitch McConnell has just put to bed the theory that he is a conservative. When he saw how much support Trump had, he suddenly became a Trump supporter. Now he is free to let his RINO out, as he feeds the anti-Republican sentiment of the rabid Left and actively works to undermine what is supposedly his own party.

• ricorun February 8, 2021 / 4:11 pm

amazon: I think Mitch McConnell has just put to bed the theory that he is a conservative.

What ideas has he espoused that are anti-conservative? As far as I can tell, the only thing he said that you don’t like is that he came out against Trump. And Trump is hardly conservative. He’s far more of a populist than a conservative. And an authoritarian. That is really why McConnell has his panties in a bunch. Way back when (i.e., during the 2016 primaries) you actually knew that. So did a lot of people here. The fact is, you have changed, not McConnell.

• Amazona February 8, 2021 / 5:19 pm

Oh, blah blah blah.

But OK, I’ll play. By what metric is Trump not a conservative? What is your definition of conservative? What is your definition of “populist” and why are the two not compatible? What conservative values has McConnell shown?

Instead of just regurgitating pap fed to you by your Agenda Media talking heads, do try to step aside from silly Identity Politics and talk about facts. One way we can tell you are taking your talking points from the Agenda Media is your comment that Trump is “an authoritarian”.

And if you really do remember what I said about Trump during the primaries, you remember that I said I was not at all concerned about Trump as a president, just as a candidate, because I was afraid he would not be able to overcome the kind of history you Libs would focus on and screech to high heaven about.

• ricorun February 8, 2021 / 7:07 pm

amazon: By what metric is Trump not a conservative?

I’m afraid you must have read my question wrong. The topic I was addressing was the one you brought up: Mitch McConnell’s conservatism. I asked in what sense is he (McConnell) anti-conservative. Because the only thing I can think of that might rankle conservatives about McConnell (not all of them, of course, just the Trump sycophants) is that he finally refused to play ball with Trump anymore. That is neither conservative nor anti-conservative, as far as I can tell. It’s just the right thing to do. And the thing that finally pushed him away was the lie about massive election fraud and the consequent insurgency perpetrated against the Capitol. If those things didn’t happen I’m pretty sure you’d still be fine with Mr. McConnell. In particular, I would hope that true conservatives would never tolerate lies about massive election fraud, and especially wouldn’t tolerate insurrection against the government they served — which apparently included the judiciary at multiple levels and jurisdictions both federal and state, much of law enforcement (including but not limited to the FBI and CIA), as well as government personnel in general who are just trying to do their job. Mr. McConnell certainly doesn’t. He could be accused of a lot of things, but that is not one of them. So really, if not what I just surmised, what is it about McConnell that has your panties in such a wad?

• Amazona February 8, 2021 / 8:25 pm

What you said: Trump is hardly conservative. He’s far more of a populist than a conservative. And an authoritarian And as usual you ducked my questions.

As for what you so coyly refer to as the lie about massive election fraudMcConnell knew there was massive election fraud but when it was clear that there was no political benefit to admitting it and possible suck-up points for flipping to the Dem side he did so. What McConnell did had nothing at all to do with integrity, or election fraud or any such thing. What McConnell did was abjectly appeal to his new masters for forgiveness, and the bone he brought them to buy his way into their good graces was a gratuitous attack on President Trump.

There was no consequent insurgency. There was no “insurgency” whatsoever. There was no “insurgency” against the government, or the Capitol, though I’m not sure there could be an “insurgency” against a building. (That’s the problem with recklessly tossing around important words inappropriately. Pretty soon they don’t mean anything at all.) There was a quite reasonable demand for a full investigation into the massive amount of hard cold evidence of voter fraud, and after the courts refused to get involved the only option was to lobby for a DELAY in counting the “certified” votes for ten days to mount such an investigation. There are lies, no doubt about that, but they are lies about an alleged “insurgency” and about denying election fraud. As I said, the real issue is why distracting from the question of what is behind the panic regarding a true investigation is so important the trollerverse is out in force squealing about anything and everything that might shift attention away from it.

You obediently babble on about this ever-increasing scope of terrifying dangerous INSURGENCY which you now claim is a rebellion against the government they served — which apparently included the judiciary at multiple levels and jurisdictions both federal and state, much of law enforcement (including but not limited to the FBI and CIA), as well as government personnel in general Oh my! So many targets of these big bad insurgency-types! Who knew? Those wily Wepubwicans, never letting on for all these years that they were really vicious violent overthrow-the-gummint types while having all those cheerful peaceful rallies and following all the rules.

The thing is, even you know this is total BS. When the many verified examples of election chicanery started to surface, the Right, as usual, did not riot, did not get violent, but merely started to work through the processes in the system to try to correct what was wrong. The howling Left actually claimed that following the processes outlined in the Constitution for addressing things like this were “attacks on democracy” and “an existential threat to democracy” and examples of “domestic terrorism”. The one single thing that veered even a little bit outside the processes was that one episode, instigated by Leftist agitators and now blamed on the very people who had never engaged in any such thing in the past. And it really had more in common with an exuberant crowd rushing onto the field after a big game win than a real riot. (Or maybe the Right just isn’t as good at rioting as the Left: No one brought bottles of frozen water, or lasers to try to blind LEOs, or any of the typical Leftist riot gear. And it’s not like they didn’t have plenty of examples of what real overthrow-the-government riots look like, not after the Marxist anti-government parades where the rioters screamed their intent to “burn it (the government) down”. I guess they just weren’t paying attention.

Or they just got overly excited and caught up in the crowd. I looked at the faces of the people there and most didn’t look angry or determined. They were laughing and smiling. Man, what a bunch of bad rioters!

As for the really creepy eeeeuwww factor of you dwelling on the condition of my panties, while this may be a pretty good example of your proclivities please try to keep them to yourself.

3. Retired Spook February 2, 2021 / 10:58 am

Now that McConnell has come out against Marjorie Taylor Greene all the liberals who hate us will…keep hating us.

I think what many on the Left don’t realize, actually I’m sure they don’t, is that, in terms of kook beliefs, we look at them the same what they look at Marjorie Taylor Greene. I know nothing about Congress woman Greene other than what I’ve read, and, as I said in the previous thread, I don’t believe much of anything I read. What I do know is that I have seen Leftists say on video that gender is fluid, that Donald Trump was a Russian agent, that we only have 10 years left to save the planet (we’re on the 4th iteration of that since the early 80’s) from AGW/climate change, that a fetus is not human, that we must treat illegal aliens better than our own citizens, etc., so don’t talk to me about fringe beliefs. If Marjorie Taylor Green takes her constitutional oath seriously and believes that the Federal Government should be limited in power and scope, I don’t much care what else she believes.

• Amazona February 2, 2021 / 12:38 pm

Exactly. But if we start electing, and supporting, politicians based on their actual political philosophies the Left will fall by the wayside, because the actual political philosophy of the Left, when stripped bare of its platitudes and promises, is stark and scary and will not get much support even from politically illiterate Americans.

4. Amazona February 2, 2021 / 1:05 pm

The disturbance at the Capitol in January has been used as the justification for a nationwide escalation of oppressive military and law enforcement powers.

Social media posts before the riot about an armed revolution or even storming the Capitol would have been too vague to charge, legal experts said. But now, once the disturbance has been recast not even just as a “riot” but as an “insurrection”, as an “attempted coup”, as an actual effort to “overturn the government”, as a riot of such size and danger it has to stand as a warning of the sinister power and intent of “the Right”, naturally all elements of law enforcement must be brought to bear.

In other words, the occupation of the Capitol building on January 6 is the gift that keeps on giving to the tyrants who have come out of the shadows to officially take over the nation. It doesn’t matter that there was never any message related to taking over the government and that the event, when seen through clearer eyes, was more like a drunken brawl than an insurrection, it’s the semantics that count. It doesn’t matter than actual calls for overthrowing the government through violence were tolerated by Democrat officials as openly Marxist marchers demanded that the government be “burned to the ground” because these demands were made by Leftists and were therefore tolerated and defended.

In rhetoric much like that of the Pandemic Panic, suppression of free speech and draconian crackdowns on what used to be considered obnoxious but not truly threatening are presented to us as necessary for our own good, as determined by the elites who are now flexing their muscles and letting us know just what life is going to be like now that they are officially in charge.

Worried about the vast power and scope of federal agencies using that power to spy on American citizens? But, we are told, that is nothing compared to the existential threat of nutters mouthing off on Twitter. Concerned that the Thought Police are now a real thing, under this new regime, and that people can and will be punished for having the “wrong” political beliefs? Why worry about that when there are are obnoxious people saying obnoxious things on social media? Finding it ominous and sinister to have our nation’s capital visually defined by heavily armed military personnel in images calling to mind similar images in various Communist capitals is now merely proof of both believing in white supremacy and being a domestic terrorist.

5. Amazona February 2, 2021 / 1:12 pm

Two F.B.I. agents were fatally shot and three others were injured while serving a warrant in South Florida, the bureau said.

The agents were serving a warrant related to a case involving violent crimes against children.

Clearly the agents should have brought a couple of social workers with them.

• dbschmidt February 3, 2021 / 7:44 pm

Didn’t work so well the first time either…this was down the street from where I lived.
      On the morning of April 11, 1986—25 years ago today—one of the deadliest and most violent shoot-outs in FBI history unfolded just outside of the city of Miami.

FBI agents were leading a massive manhunt for two violent bank robbers—later identified as Michael Lee Platt and William Russell Matix—who were known for using high-caliber firearms and stolen cars. They had murdered several people since the previous October, and Miami police and the FBI were closing in on them.

God Bless those that serve.

6. Retired Spook February 3, 2021 / 1:20 pm

Great article at The Epoch Times about Antifa.

• Amazona February 3, 2021 / 2:17 pm

Antifa remade the definition of fascism for its own use

This is a classic tactic of the Left. Whoever controls the language controls the narrative: Whoever controls the narrative controls perceived reality

7. Amazona February 3, 2021 / 2:52 pm

Regarding the trolls who screeched interminably that all of Trump’s election lawsuits had been lost after the courts examined the evidence, this chart might be helpful in pointing out that either (1) they are liars or (2) they have been parroting lies told to them.

It is a link in an excellent article about the history and results of election lawsuits.

It’s beyond exasperating to keep hearing the cacophony of chicanery about the 2020 Presidential election-related lawsuits.

The Left’s message to the public is that there were no consequential 2020 Presidential election malfeasance, irregularities or illegalities — supposedly because the courts objectively and thoroughly investigated those claims, and ruled them to be unfounded.

Neither element of that assertion is even remotely true.

• Retired Spook February 3, 2021 / 6:10 pm

One of the comments we heard back in November was, “well Trump/the GOP should have sued “before” the election. Turns out they did — 10 times.

It’s good to see that some of the suits are still active. The goal at this point, IMO, is to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

• Amazona February 3, 2021 / 9:55 pm

The goal at this point, IMO, is to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

And, I might add, to keep the heat on so there is a little less smug conviction that they got completely away with it this time.

There is so much resentment just bubbling up in people who aren’t usually outspoken about politics. Today in my local motorcycle shop people kept coming to the service desk from other areas to chime in when the service manager brought up politics—and I, of course, had to respond. (They liked my reference to our Vice President as Kammy Mattressback.) I think even someone as dense and out of touch as Uncle Badfinger has to feel a little awkward knowing that fully half of the country think he is not a legitimate president.

8. Jeremiah February 3, 2021 / 5:42 pm

Can you believe they are actually voting to strip Mrs. Greene of her committee assignments? It’s starting to look a lot more like a dictatorship everyday.

• Amazona February 3, 2021 / 9:58 pm

Every day, in every way, we are plunging toward the abyss of totalitarianism.

On the other hand, people are starting to catch on. Today, in addition to the motorcycle shop ad hoc political discussion a doctor, who loved my mask of the day:

WON’T BLOCK BIG SMOKE PARTICLES
      WILL BLOCK TINY VIRUS PARTICLES
      BECAUSE SCIENCE

said he has a mask that says “This mask is BS”. Yes, a doctor.

• Amazona February 3, 2021 / 10:11 pm

re: moving toward totalitarianism:

DOD Uses Witch-hunt for Extremists to Set the Stage for a Purge of Conservatives from the Military

• Jeremiah February 3, 2021 / 10:44 pm

Doctors know the real science behind germs.🦠 A person would have to live without oxygen to keep the germs out. And we know that’s not possible, because our brains have to have oxygen to function. Our immune systems seems to do better when it is challenged on an everyday basis, as we are constantly exposed to bacteria, viruses, and multitudes of fungal spores. Did you know fungal spores travel in the wind for thousands of miles. A mushroom in Denmark could dropping spores and if the wind is just right they can make it all the way to the United States, and if landing on a suitable substrate, with proper temperature and moisture, will produce more mushrooms 🍄 Those little spores they get caught up in that wind and fly like a bird, risking their lives for thousands of miles from home.

Life is a risk every day, we take a risk with everything we do, we take a risk when we walk through the house in the dark of stumping a toe, or a shin. We take risk when we drive a vehicle, we take a risk when we go to work. There is risk in everything. But, what would life be without taking risks? How would humankind prosper without risk? How would we make advances in science and medicine without risk? How would we have the technology we have today without the associated risks that come with that technology? How would people make money on the stock market without taking the risk?

In the larger sense, freedom allows us to take the risks, and for so many it has allowed them to be very successful. Albeit, some don’t make it, but it provides for a good learning experience in pursuing further career paths.

By denying people those opportunities is a grave injustice to humanity. In so doing the government has a population that drops to its knees with outstretched hands in compliance to unjust laws. That’s why the saying goes, “you don’t know what you had, until you’ve lost it.”

That being said, if all we can do is write letters and vote, then we’ve lost. A hard reality to accept in many ways. Or, a hard pillow to swallow, as they say.

• Amazona February 4, 2021 / 10:33 am

You are right about our immune systems. They are designed to be exposed to various pathogens day in and day out, and this is how they become immune to most of them. Filtering the air we breathe, even as imperfectly as the masks do filter, limits our exposure to different pathogens and as result our immune systems become less vigorous.

Masking is bad on so many levels. This is one of them. To be strong and healthy, we have to work with our immune systems, not against them. In addition to weakening our immune systems, masking is corroding our social systems. We now have people even further divided, as those who fervently believe that masks are saving lives are angry and resentful at those who don’t agree, thinking of them as selfish indifferent to human suffering and even as potential murderers. This distrust and resentment and deep-seated conviction that people who don’t accept masking as a necessary safety measure are essentially morally deficient is going to continue even when/if Big Brother decides to drop the charade.

The single biggest and most easily identifiable characteristic of a Leftist move to take over the country is its incessant splintering of our society into subgroups and then inciting conflict among them.

9. dbschmidt February 3, 2021 / 7:55 pm

Well, I am happy today and heading back to get some more perspective…been watching/listening to a new to me YouTube channel with the likes of Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell among others. Added that to my PragerU and Hillsdale links which I support. There will be a time when we are the only truth for those willing to listen.

Not saying a violent overthrow is in the future but now that (an article I did not read) China Labels Myanmar Coup as a ‘Cabinet Reshuffle’ ~ maybe we will need to do the same. The FBI already has a file–don’t need insurrection added before I get cleared again. 😀

Apparently, because it has all but disappeared from “history” is what the Dems are trying to do by making the middle class dependent on government is not much different than what they did to get the Appalachian mountain folk on welfare using “free” seeds (FireFox book series might be a last resource but good reading nonetheless)

Now I am off to explore reason and common sense which is not at all common again. Good starting point (After I listen to Crosby, Stills & Nash “Hello Darkness after Gleen Beck this morning) would be;

Walter Williams: Suffer no Fools

• Jeremiah February 4, 2021 / 8:18 pm

That was a good documentary. Thanks for sharing.

10. dbschmidt February 3, 2021 / 7:55 pm

Oh Crap…Didn’t know it would do that !!!

• dbschmidt February 3, 2021 / 8:01 pm

“Time to Choose” YouTube channel while it lasts.

• Amazona February 4, 2021 / 12:16 pm

Buying a couple of those 24/7 informercial channels would let a conservative news movement run things like this, and Prager U, and the Sowell interview, and maybe even that brilliant movie “The Lives of Others” that no one will watch, run them in a continuous loop till they have reached a lot of people. On the other channel we could have real news shows and entertainment.

11. dbschmidt February 3, 2021 / 9:27 pm

Well, another day of education and more to go. I did find out because I do the work of “reporters” that don’t that Hello Darkness” has been attributed to a friend of Simon — Sanford “Sandy” Greenberg– who went blind during their time together. I am all for giving credit where credit is due.

Good night all and I hope we all have a great awaking in the morning.

12. Amazona February 4, 2021 / 12:11 pm

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.

(emphasis mine) C.S. Lewis

• Amazona February 4, 2021 / 7:49 pm

“I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education.”

Thomas Jefferson, Letter to W. C. Jarvis, September 28, 1820

• Retired Spook February 4, 2021 / 8:03 pm

Instead, our schools largely inform ignorance through education.

13. Retired Spook February 4, 2021 / 6:02 pm

Well, it didn’t take them very long.

A BILL

To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition

If this doesn’t cause some rural Democrats to change parties, I don’t know what will.

• Amazona February 4, 2021 / 7:44 pm

It’s going to be hard to get people to change identities. That is one reason the Left focuses so intently on identities. But I think if we start talking about consolidating power in the hands of a few elites, hammer the phrase “elites” and get people thinking about how if power is shifted to them it has to come from somewhere and where it comes from is that it is taken from us we can start a subtle shift in perception. That is the kind of thing that gets people to look at something other than the identity aspect.

I really think this is a powerful concept. People in this country have an inherent distrust of the elite class, and we need to use that distrust. We need to use phrases like “ruling class” and “elites” and “consolidation of power” and contrast it all with state sovereignty and keeping power closer to home and in the hands of the citizens and not the career politician ruling class elites. We need to relate the current shift toward tyranny to two things: Our Revolution, which was based on the determination to never again be under the rule of a monarchy or aristocracy or ruling class, and toward realizing its common ground with infamous tyrants in history and the miseries they imposed on their people.

When we talk about the possibility of people like Manchin switching sides we need to approach them the same way—why are they Democrats? If it is based on issues then it comes down not to the issues themselves but to where they are resolved—at the state or federal levels. If it is about policies like immigration and so on, ditto. We need to keep hammering home the fact that to be a Democrat is to openly be in favor of a massively powerful Central Authority leaving very little control to the states or to the people. I think if Dem politicians are pressed to come down on one side or another on this concept many will find it hard to admit that they are in favor of consolidation of power and imposition of the details of life by a few elites.

• Amazona February 4, 2021 / 8:02 pm

“It is not by the consolidation or concentration of powers, but by their distribution that good government is effected.”

Thomas Jefferson

Let’s leave the heavy-handed lecturing and scolding to the Left and just start putting ideas like this into the public domain to implant themselves into the consciousness of the people. Let’s use GOP funds to put statements like this on billboards around the country. This, and the 10th Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I have shown the 10th Amendment to people who have thought it a great idea and asked where I found it. “In the Constitution? Really?”

Let’s just get these basic ideas out there. Let’s fund thousands of 10-second TV ads with a great voice like James Earl Jones or Tom Selleck merely making these statements while the text is on the screen, superimposed over an American flag.

People are much happier with conclusions they feel they have arrived at on their own, and these conclusions have a lot more influence and power over their actions than anything spoon-fed to them or lectured to them.

14. Amazona February 4, 2021 / 8:31 pm

• Amazona February 4, 2021 / 8:34 pm

I don’t know if potential invaders are warned off Southern California because of Navy Seals or aquatic mammals which can, in fact, be very aggressive. I think my favorite is “Florida Man” but then I do try to follow updates on Florida Man sightings. I’m disappointed no area got a Sasquatch warning.

15. Amazona February 4, 2021 / 8:51 pm

16. ricorun February 8, 2021 / 12:08 pm

Mark: Now that McConnell has come out against Majorie Taylor Greene all the liberals who hate us will…keep hating us.

How do you feel about Mitch McConnell these days?