All Foam, No Beer

Current speculation is that it is Pawlenty as the VP, who wasn’t my first choice, but a good choice nonetheless. He is a two term Governor from a very blue state, will wipe the floor with Biden in the debate, is qualified to be President on day one, and while he is the only “DC outsider” amongst the serious contenders, he does bring a mixed record as Governor of Minnesota. I did have concerns with his initial support of Cap & Trade although he did back away from that position, liberals call it evolving, and I do respect a politician who will admit when they are wrong, but other than that, Pawlenty is pretty solid on every other issue. He did govern conservatively and left the State of Minnesota with a surplus. His free-market position on Health Care is the right position to take and it does depart from that of Romney’s Mass. plan, but keep in mind, the health care plan in Mass. was largely driven by the Democratically controlled legislature in that state. He also has the right position on tax reform, is strong on defense, and has some good ideas on Welfare reform, so all in all, Pawlenty is a conservative I could get behind.

However, my first choice is still Rubio, in that I believe Rubio does represent the future, is very conservative, is extremely articulate, has a certain panache, and would rally an Hispanic base, but he is young and Romney may not feel that he could step into the Presidency if needed on day one. And keep in mind, the Democrats nominated a less experienced Senator in 2008, who did win and as we all know, that didn’t turn out so well, so I will get behind Pawlenty if in fact that is who Romney selects. Besides, Pawlenty did just come out with one of the best lines on Obama that I have heard in a while – all foam, no beer.

Who do you like?

68 thoughts on “All Foam, No Beer

1. GMB August 8, 2012 / 3:35 pm

king putt the first and queen “arugula” moochelle must go. Please let the world know if don’t plan on voting because Mitt picks the wrong guy for vp.

• neocon1 August 8, 2012 / 5:00 pm

I like Allen West,

Rub-eo was among my first choice until the tra von debacle where he let thugs come into HIS state, rampage, rable rouse, threaten, and put hits out on our citizens while he sat in the corner SILENT like bark on the obama er osama take down.

I e mailed him with my disgust and got a thank for your concern respond.
      UGH!!

• Cluster August 8, 2012 / 5:25 pm

Neocon,

What should he have done?

• neocon1 August 8, 2012 / 5:32 pm

He should have stood up for the state of Fla,
        he should have put pressure on the Governor,
        he should have denounced the racist howls of chicago mobs, and terrorists with loud speakers screeching for the lynching of one of his constituents
        he should have called for the state police and state AG to put out arrest warrants for solicitation of murder against the black panthers.
        he should have done a lot.
        Instead he did nothing.

And Christie Makes Four
        OOH PULEASE…..Nooooooooooo

• Cluster August 8, 2012 / 5:41 pm

The Trayvon incident was, and is a police matter, period. The liberals tried to make it a political issue and it rightfully bit them on the ass – so I don’t blame Rubio for staying out of the fray.

• neocon1 August 8, 2012 / 6:05 pm

It was a LOCAL police matter and they cleared zimmerman.
        Not until howling mobs ascended to Florida incited riot, threatened our citizens and invoked a hit on one of our citizens did things change.
        The DOJ intervened in a LOCAL matter, the state over rode the local police and prosecutor and put a state appointed political hack lackey as an “independent” council…it was then a state matter, one of his constituents and he should have at least spoken up.
        I feel the same way towards our GOP governor political COWARDS.

PS
        I dont think it bit the libs anywhere, they ramrodded 2nd degree murder charges, got his bail raised tenfold and his wife is facing perjury charges in a biased hand picked “judge’s” kangaroo court.
        I should “lose” that badly every day. 🙂

• GMB August 8, 2012 / 6:25 pm

I agree with Neo. Rubeo and Walkers lack of any response to the lynching call shows their cowardice. It tells me that they are not ready to fight for freedom and are willing to work the collectivists.

You are either advancing the cause of the collectivists or the cause of freedom. There is very little room left for the middle, very little room left for those who don’t want to rock the boat.

Soon you will have to choose. Start rocking the boat or be the captain of a sinking boat.

• Cluster August 8, 2012 / 6:32 pm

In my opinion, the only person who possibly should have said something was Governor Scott, and that would have been to say that the democrats and liberals should be ashamed of themselves for interfering with a police matter by attempting to turn the incident into a political one.

I think the democrats further dug their political grave in Florida by their actions in this case, and when liberals are digging their graves, you allow them to dig and get out of the way.

• neocon1 August 8, 2012 / 6:54 pm

Cluster

jacka$$ and Sharpton won big time.
        The state police should have arrested the NBPP terrorist.
        the governor should have let the local sheriff and prosecutor handle it, and threatened the MOFO’s JJ and as with arrest for inciting a riot.

I will back NEITHER of these GOP cowards ever again.
        the hole the donks dug were graves for scotts and rube-eo’s political careers, not for the donks. they took home the GOLD!

I live not far away and believe me there are a LOT of PO’d pubbies at these two over this lynching and capitulation.
        Do you think the same would have happened in Arizona in Sheriff Joe’s jurisdiction?
        Nuff said…..

2. 6206j August 8, 2012 / 5:40 pm

I think Paul Ryan is the best choice for Mittens. When the mediscare comes and it’s coming Ryan is the best person to articulate his own plan which Mittens has already all but endorsed. Rich Lowry has a good write up @ politco. T-Paw is just too lame.

• neocon1 August 8, 2012 / 7:31 pm

Paul Ryan would also be a good choice.

GMB – Cluster, what do you think of West?

• neocon1 August 8, 2012 / 7:36 pm

mittens tax = smoke screen for corrupt chicago criminal enterprise led by bark barry Ubama

Did Eric Holder Commit Perjury in Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case?
        Watchdog Publishes Some Revealing Documents

“It is becoming increasingly clear that the leadership of the Justice Department, including Attorney General Holder, has a problem with truth.”

REALLY??
        how about the WHOLE CPUSA/donk party??

• GMB August 8, 2012 / 7:38 pm

My honest opinion of Alan West? ACU rating a barely acceptable 88%, Club for Growth a miserable 64% rating. Has voted with Boehner on every single issue.

In my opinion, the money I sent his way in 2010 was a waste. I will not repeat the mistake, again in my opinion, in 2012

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 8:59 pm

Regarding Holder–do you think the Lefty Lemmings would CARE if he were to be proved to have committed perjury?

The Obama ad calling Romney a murderer has been proved to be one lie after another and it is still running, and the lemmings are loving it.

Speaking of Obama ads, one is running a lot here in Colorado, one I call Fluke Returns. A whiny female whimpers that this is such a “SCARY TIME TO BE A WOMAN” because Romney is running.

Now, Western women tend to be a little tougher than the East Coast and Left Coast Liberals, so I have to wonder who decided this is the best way to appeal to us. The ad is so annoying, and so reminiscent of the Fluke fluke, I change channels as soon as I hear that whiny voice.

3. bozo August 8, 2012 / 8:04 pm

Had a creepy experience recently in a Flagship airport lounge when Darth Cheney himself walked by, apparently returning from a week of DC hobnobbing. No smiles. Hey, he’s up and about and looking pretty good. Maybe Mitts should enlist him to find a VP…

Willy may just have to settle for Gov Bob, since not too many others want the gig. Bob’s done after one term in Virginia so he’s looking for a new job (and we know how tough that is in this market), he’s a southerner to Mitts “Thurston Howell” Bostonian vibe, and VA unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country, so he could take credit for that.

• Cluster August 8, 2012 / 8:14 pm

I could only wish that Cheney would come back. He would, and did, make an outstanding VP.

Neocon,

I just don’t know enough about West, but what I have heard from him I like. However, he is a rookie and if Romney reaches into the Congressional pool it should definitely be Ryan. Besides, I don’t recall West being very vocal on the Zimmerman issue either, I could be wrong.

• GMB August 8, 2012 / 8:22 pm

You must be under the impression that calling him “Darth Cheney” is an insult. It is not. I forgive you though, any old bozo could make that mistake.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 8:35 pm

I love how the rabidly radical Left tries to insult Cheney by commenting on his demeanor. As for “creepy” I’m guessing that anyone who sees freakzo looking back at him in the mirror every morning has to be pretty immune to being creeped out so I dismiss his silly effort at snark as just another silly effort at snark—what he does in place of actual political commentary.

After all, just look at what he has to offer here—-a snide comment about Cheney’s appearance, a whine about him not smiling, a snide comment about freaky’s guess that he had been “hobnobbing” in DC, and an infantile slur on Romney that managed to mix in class envy with his spite and malice.

Vintage freakzo and all we ever expect from him.

4. Amazona August 8, 2012 / 8:30 pm

Now don’t get all defensive here, this is a legitimate question.

What would West bring to the table?

I like him, I like him a lot, but as GMB pointed out he doesn’t have a great conservative record, and his political experience is less than Barry had when he entered the race last time around.

As for Rubio (and yes, that IS how you spell it) he’s a superstar. I’ve seen him speak and he is dynamic and charismatic on top of having excellent conservative creds. Your reaction to his non-involvement in the Zimmerman mess is a matter of personal opinion, and as the locals were already dropping trou and grabbing ankles for the rabble I’m not sure what he could have done.

My concern about Rubio is the natural born citizen thing. We made a big fuss about it and it would be hypocritical to suddenly clam up and look the other way. We either think something or we don’t. I for one think the issue has to be settled once and for all before we enter another child of a non-citizen in a presidential election.

Ryan would be a good choice and I hate to see us lowering ourselves to the Lib level and judging a candidate on his superficial appeal. T-Paw has grown up a lot and comes across a lot better than he did four years ago, and he is a very impressive prospect. I don’t know anything about Portman but out and about today I heard talk radio calls from people who saw him speak in Denver today and they were very impressed.

• Canadian Observer August 9, 2012 / 7:12 am

“My concern about Rubio is the natural born citizen thing. We made a big fuss about it and it would be hypocritical to suddenly clam up and look the other way. We either think something or we don’t.”…Amazona

Well said, Amazona.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 7:26 am

co

stay in the upstairs closet fool.

• Amazona August 9, 2012 / 11:05 am

The thing is, CO, that the majority of people have done absolutely no research on the subject and don’t even understand that there is legitimate debate on whether a native born citizen is the same as a natural born citizen. There is also the fact that if Rubio were, for example, ask for a legal ruling on the matter, the outcome would affect Obama as well.

It’s a very complicated and sensitive subject.

Let’s say Romney picks Rubio as his VP. Then what?

1. The election goes forward with a commitment to immediately address the question after the election, so if the term were to be officially and legally defined as the offspring of citizens either Obama or Rubio would have to step down, meaning either Biden would take over as president or Romney would have to appoint a new VP.

2. The election goes forward without any reference to the issue and the nation faces yet another term or two with a possibly ineligible officer either in the White House or one step away from it.

3. Rubio asks the Supreme Court for an immediate ruling, as Bush did in 2000, putting the Court in the position of either ruling that birth in the United States is all that is needed to qualify as a natural born citizen or that at least the father must have been a citizen at the time of the candidate’s birth. If the latter were to be the ruling, then the entire election would be thrown into chaos as both Obama and Rubio would be disqualified.

It’s a mess and furthermore it is a mess that should not exist. We should have seen the problem being compounded and instead of just sweeping it under the rug for fear of being called racist we should have pressed for some kind of official ruling BEFORE OBAMA WAS ELECTED.

It was the responsibility of the Democratic Party to go to any lengths necessary to make sure their candidate was legally eligible, and now it is the responsibility of the GOP to do the same thing. But now the issue is compounded because now it would be seen as Dirty Politics to try to unseat Obama.

It’s now a Catch-22.

The only way to avoid it is to NOT select Rubio, let the election move forward without this being an issue, and then immediately afterward when Obama is a private citizen and can’t be affected by the outcome press for a legal ruling.

If the ruling is that a native born citizen is the same as a natural born citizen, then Rubio is in a great position to succeed Romney as President in 2020.

We let the mob rule of the RRL drown out serious and legitimate questioning of a serious and legitimate issue and now here we are, with the original problem doubled.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 7:39 am

Ama

What would West bring to the table?

1. he is black
      2. fmr military,
      3. expert on islam
      4. expert on terrorism.
      5. NO one is less experienced than barry ( 🙂 )
      6. he is a good attack dog.
      7. he is a US citizen
      8. he is from Fla.
      9. he serves Chick Fil-A to racists…….

• Amazona August 9, 2012 / 11:07 am

I find 2, 3, and 4 to be legitimate qualifications.

5. casper August 8, 2012 / 8:35 pm

I think Pawlenty would be a great choice. Lots of positives and no real baggage.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 8:37 pm

But where does he stand on the threat of veterans as domestic terrorists? This seemed like a pretty important issue for you earlier.

• GMB August 8, 2012 / 9:32 pm

First paragraph. (U) Key findings. Lets give you some key words. “No evidence…” May be gaining recruits….”

Yes all true. And Martians MAY be planning an invasion of earth. Should we not prepare for that too?

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 10:41 pm

No, casper, the report you referred to is the report in your link.

I cut and pasted your comment so the link is what you gave.

As for what I “…object too (sic) ” I object to everything in it, including the postscript suggesting that the theme of dangerous veterans be revisited in light of the Sikh temple shootings. That is, in the report YOU cited and linked to. I didn’t read the new one you are trying to substitute for your link——I glanced at it enough to know it is not the one in your link.

Back to the link YOU cited: This IS what you suggested might explain, to the Indian Foreign Minister, the problem of increasing violence directed at minority religions.

It’s right there, cappy, plain to see. This effort to rewrite history and claim you were referring to something else is horribly dishonest, even for you.

“Perhaps this would help him understand our problem.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 10:56 pm

“The report that I referred to was commissioned by the Bush Administration. You can find it here:”

Hmmmm—April 2009, multiple references to “right-wing extremists” and commissioned by the Bush administration?

• GMB August 8, 2012 / 11:13 pm

Casper, I have no proof that you are building a neutron bomb on your kitchen table. However it is a very serious accusation that I think DHS should investigate.

You could be building one.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 8:48 pm

Remember this?

Submitted on 2012/08/06 at 7:49 pm
      “Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna criticized the U.S. for failed policies and a growing trend of violent incidents against religious minorities.”

Perhaps this would help him understand our problem.

Your suggestion was that we use the insane hate-based ramblings of a moron who believes the Sikh temple shootings call for revisiting Napolitano’s claim that returning veterans post a danger to the country to explain to the Foreign Minister of India why we are experiencing violence toward religious minorities—remember? Just two days ago you were suggesting that this rant on the Daily Kos would help him “understand our problem”—-and the rant was how Boehner and others should apologize for demanding an apology for Janet’s slur against veterans because a veteran killed some people.

Step up, cappy, and defend this position.

• Cluster August 8, 2012 / 9:31 pm

Liberals are famous for their BIG paint brushes. They love to take isolated incidences and brand an entire demographic based on that incident. This is just another one of those instances. The tea party is their main victim of this tactic. And expanding on that tendency, look at the Affordable Health Care Act. Less than 13% of the population is without health insurance, and many by choice, yet liberals designed a program that impacts 100% of the population based on that 13%. I guess it would make too much sense to address just the 13%.

• casper August 8, 2012 / 10:03 pm

cluster,
        The number of Americans without health insurance is almost 50 million.

Also the report that I linked to doesn’t target an entire demographic. It talks about how extremist groups are targeting certain groups with their propaganda and the threat those groups and those they are targeting could pose.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 10:46 pm

casper, of that alleged “50 million” how many are already covered by some kind of health care plan?

You make it sound as if 50 million people are without any kind of health care coverage, yet college students are usually covered for most health problems through their school tuition, the seriously poor get free health care, etc.

And what do you suggest be done about the uninsured?

And how does your idea comply with the Constitutionally delegated powers of the federal government?

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 10:59 pm

“It talks about how extremist groups are targeting certain groups with their propaganda and the threat those groups and those they are targeting could pose.”

Uh, no. This April 2009 report talks about right-wing extremist groups .

It’s right there in the title, next to the date of the study, which was four months after The One We Have All Been Waiting For was inaugurated.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 7:29 am

catspuke

thirty million ILLEGAL THIEVES….50 million no ins, = a LIE from the beginning.

• Cluster August 9, 2012 / 8:25 am

Casper,

The 50 million number includes illegals, and we shouldn’t count them right? I hope you say right. Secondly, 13% of 300 million people is 39 million people so our numbers are not too far off right? Now strip away the people that go without insurance by choice, and you have approx 30 million people, or 10% of the population of which the democrats decided to adversely impact 100% to impose their belief that the other 10% couldn’t live without their plan. Got it?

That’s what I mean by a big paint brush.

6. GMB August 8, 2012 / 8:47 pm

This is what I know. There are silent millions out there who are not voting for Mitt and who ever he picks for VP.

As long as king putt and queen mooch are shown the exit on Jan 20, 2013 we will be happy. Besides anyone would make a better VP than jar jar biden.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 8:52 pm

“There are silent millions out there who are not voting for Mitt and who ever he picks for VP. ”

If they are refusing to vote for Romney because they prefer a massive and bloated and uber-powerful central State over a small-government Constitutional government, then they SHOULDN’T vote for him.

If they are just sulking because they wanted a different GOP candidate then my response to them can’t be printed here but it involves the horse they rode in on.

I’d like to think that there are not actually MILLIONS of infantile pouters who will run the risk of another four years of Barry and the Dreamers just because they didn’t get their own way, but you seem to know about these people so I bow to your greater experience with them.

• GMB August 8, 2012 / 9:04 pm

I think maybe a translation error here. I did not mean we are not voting. We are voting for Mitt to vote against the current occupant of the Oval Office.

That is what I meant to say. I do apologize If I gave a different impression.

• Amazona August 8, 2012 / 10:52 pm

Glad to hear it, GMB. As a horse owner I didn’t like that horse part anyway but needed a clue to the first part of the statement.

For the Greater Good and all………

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 7:30 am

for God and country flush the POS.

Psalm 109:8

7. Cluster August 9, 2012 / 8:32 am

ROTFL!

(CNSNews.com)- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) told a recent gathering of the Women’s Political Committee that the spirits of suffragists Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Alice Paul spoke to her at the White House.

Nancy, I have no doubt that you have voices in your head. I have suspected that for a long time.

• tiredoflibbs August 9, 2012 / 8:36 am

She spoke to SBA at the same time Hillary spoke to Elanor Roosevelt.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 9:07 am

not only are these Morons Fn crazy, they are dangerous.

8. GMB August 9, 2012 / 9:38 am

“We hear from PAIN the forker who was killed in the American civil war…..must be a donk thingy…LOL”

Was he/she/it a Union or a confederate? I got some questions that he/she/it might be able to answer. Also I have some genuine confederate cash I would like to exchange for some Union Gold.

Can you help me there corporal?

9. Raging Bull August 9, 2012 / 10:08 am

does it really matter who the VP is? really? i mean, zerobama picked biden and he still won…lol

i say this only because the person picked will be have something wrong with them and the left will go on the attack.

pawlenty: another boring WHITE guy…ditto for mcdonnell and portman

west: was only picked because of he is black, oh and he’s an uncle tom.

rubio: a hispanic? really? doesn’t he know who the enemy is? does romney think that he can bring in our latino votes?

rice: black woman = shameless pandering. plus…BUSH BUSH BUSH

paul ryan: wants to throw grandma off the cliff. draconian cuts. wackjob wingnut who wants kids and women to starve.

haley: eastern sarah palin?

bottom line is, the VP selection could not waver my support. while romney may not have been the first choice for some (me included), when going up against the ZERO, he’s awesome. zerobama is soooooo bad he makes romney look sooooo great!!!!

• GMB August 9, 2012 / 10:54 am

Spot on Raging Bull. It does not matter who Mitt picks as VP, the donks are going to slam them anyway.

Who cares.

Even the most inexperienced repub is more qualified to be vp than jar jar biden.

Whoever Mitt picks should not matter much to us either.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 1:08 pm

I agree but West has some other good things going for him.
        I out lined above some agree some dont,

West being a popular Fla son simply helps mitt win a toss up state with a large number of delegates.

Being black helps the GOP by placing a minority on the ticket ending the good ole white boy accusations.

Being natural born American helps with the problem C0 presented.

and he is 1000 times better than bark the dog eater, plugs biden the dumbest thing since, klintoon, carter, johnson, piglowsey, reid, ooh hell the whole damned CPUSA=donks.

🙂

• GMB August 9, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Neo, I agree with on West for VP. I think he would make a much better national candidate than a rep for any state. In my opinion, he does talk the talk, the walk? not so much.

Again, I am not voting for Mitt because of any VP selection.

putt and mooch must go.

I now return you to your normally scheduled doldrums.

😛

• Amazona August 9, 2012 / 6:21 pm

Speaking of the Latino vote—I’m still waiting for “Holder Lied, Mexicans Died” headlines and bumper stickers.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 1:11 pm

raging bull

LOL

10. dbschmidt August 9, 2012 / 10:28 am

It doesn’t matter who Romney picks as VP but I would prefer Rubio. Ryan is needed where he is now. We would have to get a definitive answer to the “Natural born” issue but the same could be said of Jindal. From what I understand, Rubio would fair better than West in pulling Florida into the win column even though I like both.

Nevertheless, anyone would be a better pick than Biden and as I have said before “I will take the Mormon over the Moron” any day of the week.

11. GMB August 9, 2012 / 11:29 am

I am looking forward to Jan 20, 2013. The very moment barky is no longer POTUS, the dailey body counts will begin again, the homeless will magically re-appear, cindy shehan and the anti-war left will be back in the news. GITMO will become an issue again.

I am sure I have missed tons of stuff so please, feel free to add to the list. Lets keep track and see how long it takes for the leftys to start screaming again.

• Amazona August 9, 2012 / 6:20 pm

Don’t forget how the unemployment figures will skyrocket as suddenly they start counting all the people who have fallen off the unemployment rolls, as well as college students and part-time retirees. I’ll bet that Romney will be credited for a huge spike in unemployment figures within his first month in office.

12. Chrissy Ann August 9, 2012 / 11:57 am

My pick is Ryan. The MAN is SMART! Not bad to look at either.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 1:12 pm

I said that about Saaaarahhh also LOL

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 3:34 pm

RB

I PAID him to knock out piglowsey…good job Allen

WOW the donks are scared SHIITE less of him, why else spend the money?

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 3:45 pm

they leave no doubt how low this disgusting party has fallen.
        right into the pit of hell.

The American Sunrise PAC is responsible for the video. The group was incidentally founded by the father of Congressman West’s general election opponent, Democrat Patrick Murphy, who has funneled $250,000 into the PAC.

• neocon1 August 9, 2012 / 3:48 pm

interesting comment……

“Now, don’t get us wrong: Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) would be an excellent choice if Romney is looking to fire up the conservative base. But he makes our list on the opposite end of “good.”

An incredibly strong fiscal conservative, Rep. Ryan is a leading voice in the war against wasteful government spending, a major proponent of tax and entitlement reform, and he’s an unabashed champion of free market principles. He is also the chair of the House Budget Committee, meaning he is deeply involved in drafting and promoting the Republican Party’s long-term strategies to balance the budget and reduce the deficit.

And this is exactly why we’d hate to see him get the VP nod.

Why would any conservative want to see him give up this incredibly important and influential post for one John Adams correctly referred to as both “laborious” and “wholly insignificant“?

No. Leave Rep. Ryan where he is. He’s needed there.

• Amazona August 9, 2012 / 6:15 pm

neo, good comment on Ryan. I can’t say I disagree. I riled up some folks here a few months ago when I disagreed with the attitude that the presidency is the only really important office and this is where we need to focus our energies.

I agree, we MUST have a new president, but it is refreshing to see someone point out the importance of a Representative like Ryan.

As important as the presidency is, I get a little nervous when it appears that there isn’t much attention paid to the governorships and Congressional positions. Remember the 1994 Congress, which was strong enough to pressure a recalcitrant Liberal president into going along with some of its bills, even signing (finally!) the Welfare Reform bill after a few vetoes.

Much as I like Pence I admire his position that he thinks he can be more effective as governor of Indiana or in the House.

I’d like Rubio to stay in the Senate for now, where he has a good chance at becoming a real powerhouse there, and where his leadership qualities can be developed, setting him up for a 2020 run at the White House.

We need strong leadership in both houses of Congress–without it the presidency is going to have a rough run.

• Amazona August 9, 2012 / 6:18 pm

Yes, Bull and neo, the Left are really telegraphing their fears, aren’t they? They seem to see West as a real threat, and with good reason. It’s funny to see them sharpening the knives for all-out attacks on him. What I wonder is, how will this sit with Floridians, who like him, and with black voters who might not like the racial overtones of the Dem attacks?

And just how, exactly, is he supposedly getting rich from these attacks on these white women?