Obama, in an interview that aired Sunday, gave himself “a good solid B-plus” grade for his first year in office.
Speaking with fellow Chicagoan Oprah Winfrey, the president claimed progress on economic and international fronts.
Obama said the only thing that stands in the way of giving himself a better grade is the fact that some elements of his agenda — health care reform and putting more Americans to work — remain undone.
“The biggest burden on me right now is that economic growth has happened, but job growth has not happened,” Obama told Winfrey on the ABC special.
Now, let’s be serious now. Obama can’t honestly believe he deserve that grade, even by left wing standards.
Let’s just consider the following.
- Several of his nominees have had to withdraw due to tax problems.
- Giitmo will not be closed in the timetable he promised.
- Unemployment has gone up to double-digits despite his promise the stimulus would keep it below 8%
- Despite majorities in both Houses of Congress, he can’t get his health care plan passed
- His approval ratings have declined at a historically fast rate, and are below 50% with Rasmussen and Gallup.
- Republicans won governorships in New Jersey and Virginia, two states Obama won last year.
Okay, I could go on… but you get the idea… Obama has been destroying the economy, his image, and his party. I can’t possibly explain how he thinks he deserve a B+ as a grade.
So, let’s put it to you guys… what grade would you give Obama for his first year?