Global Warming Hoax Update

From James Taylor of Forbes:

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth’s atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA’s Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models…

Which is, of course, entirely unsurprising.  But we should also keep one thing in mind – this past ten years has been the first time we’ve ever gathered in a systemic manner data on the global climate.  In other words, only just now are we developing sufficient information to test climate theories.  For all we know, maybe the world really is warming up – but it could also be relatively stable, or even cooling.  Until we have sufficient data, we simply will not know.

But that didn’t stop con artists like Al Gore and the rest of the global warming alarmists.  There was money to be made and power to be seized and, so, with their “settled science” they set about scaring the world and raking in the bucks.  We really should see  if there is any way we can criminally prosecute Gore and the rest over this – or at least work up a class action civil suit to get back from them all the money they’ve made off this scam.

This has been one of the most shameful things ever done – a gigantic mis-allocation of resources which could have been used to genuinely improve the environment.  Think of all the species protection, reforestation, clean up and other environmental actions which could have been done with the money thrown down the global warming rat hole.  Learn the lesson of this – never trust anyone who comes to you with an end of the world theory…anyone who says we’ve got “X” number of years to fix things in the environment or we’ll all die is a con artist, plain and simple.

11 thoughts on “Global Warming Hoax Update

1. Retired Spook July 29, 2011 / 6:27 pm

Depending, though, on whether or not this gets wide dissemination (something I’m not holding my breath on) in the MSM, this has the potential to be a game changer. Of course I thought the same thing after the ClimateGate email scandal 18 months ago. I got a chuckle the other day, when I mentioned that and Thomas said that that had all been “rebuked”. I think he meant “debunked”, but the misuse of the word was kind of humorous. Plus there are a number of Leftists who actually do think that, just because they “rebuke” something, it has been debunked.

I would have never guessed, back in the late 80’s, that the Left could keep this charade going for 25 years, particularly given the dishonest cloud under which it was launched in 1988. But just about the time I think it’s finally going to die, we get a hot summer like this one, and it gains new life. I think the public is becoming increasingly weary of the issue, and, if you ask the typical AGW alarmist believer what they’re doing in their personal lives to help combat the crisis, you mostly get deer-in-the-headlights looks. Most believers, I’m sure, prefer that the issue be addressed by bureaucrats using OPM.

• Taly d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) July 29, 2011 / 6:46 pm

Spook,

I hasten to remind you that the principal federal wildlife biologist that claimed that global warming was drowning polar bears, and would most certainly bring about their extinction has been suspended pending an investigation into scientific misconduct, possibly over the veracity of the polar-scare claim.

To whom will the alarmists turn now when they want to generate sympathy from the mindless lemmings? Will they still produce those tear-jerker photos of polar bears drifting out to sea, unable to swim because of my 4.5 Liter V-8?

• Russell C July 29, 2011 / 7:35 pm

Spook,

Regarding the MSM, I believe they can only take so much of this stuff and others like the current ‘dead polar bear’ flap, before they start smelling blood in the water. I mentioned this specific possibility in my article over at American Thinker as a conclusion about another troubling facet of global warming, see: “Warmist Mantra Wearing Out” http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/05/warmist_mantra_wearing_out.html

• neocon1 July 30, 2011 / 10:38 am

love the AT I go there daily

but but I thought we were going into an ice age?
        OH wait that was 25 years ago…….things are different now….. 🙂

2. Retired Spook July 29, 2011 / 8:13 pm

Russell,

Nice to have a visit from someone at American Thinker. I visit AT at least a couple times a week. And I agree with the last sentence in your linked article: “It’s only a matter of time.” It’s way past time, IMHO. I can’t think of any other global scam of this magnitude that was carried on for a quarter century.

3. Count d'Haricots July 29, 2011 / 9:13 pm

Keynesian Economics works?

• MontyBurns July 31, 2011 / 10:17 pm

““I can’t think of any other global scam of this magnitude that was carried on for a quarter century””

Supply side economics

4. Green Mountain Boy July 29, 2011 / 9:22 pm

According to owl bore’s death clock, we have 4 years, 5 months, and 28 days until DOOOOOMMMM! We are all dommed I tell ya. Anybody made thier plans for an end of the world party yet?

• Mark Noonan July 29, 2011 / 9:52 pm

GMB,

Yeah, it’s at Al’s beachfront mansion…

• Retired Spook July 29, 2011 / 10:59 pm

Mark,

Remember 5-6 years ago when we had global warming threads with 150 comments? The times they are a changin’.

• neocon1 July 30, 2011 / 10:39 am

spook
        The times they are a changin’.

sssst Yeah Maannnnnnnn