Poll: GOP Holds 7 Point Lead in “Generic” Ballot

From Rasmussen:

…A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate, while 37% would choose the Democrat instead. The GOP’s lead is up five points from a week ago, the first full week survey since Congress and the president agreed on a spending cuts deal to raise the federal debt ceiling. Last week’s two-point gap was the narrowest lead Republicans had held since mid-May.

Republicans have led on the Generic Congressional Ballot every week since June 2009, leading by as much as 12 points and as little as two…

Liberals were happy with a Gallup poll of adults last week showing a 7 point Democrat lead…but a poll of likely voters is always better, and from what I can tell the Gallup sample was heavily over-weighted for Democrats.  Got to keep one thing in mind as we approach the House contest in 2012:  if the Democrats win, it means Nancy Pelosi is back in the Speaker’s chair…this will always motivate GOPers and GOP-leaners and discourage Democrats and Democrat-leaners.  And this is over and above the advantage the GOP will gain out of re-districting…people just don’t like Nancy Pelosi and other than corrupt hacks and fools, no one wants her holding the gavel, again.

Additionally, this poll continues to show something astounding – a long-term GOP lead in voter support on the Congressional level.  In all my life, I’ve never seen anything like it.  I put it entirely down to just how much TEA Party is injected in to the GOP…the more TEA, the more support.  The only thing which could really ensure a GOP Congressional loss next year is if we ditched the TEA Party.  Always remember that the Democrats want the GOP to break with the TEA Party because the Democrat leaders know that the TEA Party is where the GOP strength is.  Pelosi and Reid want more Specter, less Rubio…and which do you think will propel the GOP to victory?

That all said, don’t get cocky, GOPers…we’ve a long, hard fight in front of us and we have to be fully prepared if the Democrats choose to lie, cheat and steal their way to victory.  Ready to counter it, ready to overcome the pain and anger we’ll feel when they dump the refuse on us.  Get ready for the political fight of your life – something you’ll tell your grand children about.

15 thoughts on “Poll: GOP Holds 7 Point Lead in “Generic” Ballot

1. Green Mountain Boy August 16, 2011 / 2:58 am

“I’m not going to vary my speech and my vision for the American people based upon the political winds of the day,”

Lets play name that repub candidate. Sorry folks. Mr Negative again. If this is our “front runner” then………………DOOM!!!……………….awaits.

2. dbschmidt August 16, 2011 / 3:12 am

Doom is four more years of our current Carter with an attitude. The only time we are somewhat safe is when he is on vacation or in-between bus stops on them shiny $1.1 M dollar buses. I still like Cain because I believe he is doing this for the good of the country over himself for the most part but then again real answers do not make good sound bites and lead to the death of Fred Thompson last go-round.

• neocon1 August 16, 2011 / 3:25 am

db
      cain flushed all his chances by backtracking and apologizing to the muslems.
      he is essentially through.
      to bad though, I used to support him.

• Green Mountain Boy August 16, 2011 / 3:26 am

I like Herman Cain too. Just wish he had not apologized for telling the truth about muzzies. The person I am quoting is not Herman Cain. The person I am quoting is not fit to shine Hermans shoes. The person I am quoting does not even see the irony of his own statement. The person im am quoting is not in this for the American People. The person I am quoting is in this for himself.
      The person I am quoting has flipped flopped as much as john effnn kerry.

And finally the person I am quoting will be no better for The United States than the person we have now.

In my opinion.

Everyone else of couse are free to state thier opinions and act accordingly on them.

• neocon1 August 16, 2011 / 4:01 am

GMB

what have you got against Texas??

• neocon1 August 16, 2011 / 4:02 am

PS
        my dogs poop is better than the POS what we have now.
        surely you cant meal ALL of that..

• Green Mountain Boy August 16, 2011 / 11:25 am

I have got nothing against Texas. Except fotr thr fact that it is too hot there. Who do you think I was talking about? Rick Perry?

• neocon1 August 16, 2011 / 5:26 pm

ahh the mittens

the one with the giant L tattood on his forehead.
        he wont make it stick a fork in him he is done.
        Perry has all but buried them.

3. neocon1 August 16, 2011 / 3:13 am

48% pay no federal taxes, while 53% pay only 3% of all taxes.
    the donk plantation is flourishing and we wonder why we are a divided country??

• larrysinclair99 August 16, 2011 / 4:49 am

Thank you neocon – the voice of wisdom!

• neocon1 August 16, 2011 / 6:44 am

larry

how is the book coming?
        have you and barry hooked up lately?

• bardolf August 16, 2011 / 9:31 pm

GMB

I’m sure you’ll be able to find one of Perry’s spinmeisters to explain the following:

Shortly after his previous company declared bankruptcy in 2008, a guy named David Nance started up a new venture, Convergen LifeSciences Inc. He himself invested only $1,000 in Convergen, but was able to get the company off the ground with a $4.5 million investment from a venture capital fund.

Venture capital folks usually prefer founders to have a wee bit more skin in the game than that, but this was a very special venture fund: the Emerging Technology Fund, a $200 million fund created by Rick Perry to invest taxpayer money in Texas startup companies. And David Nance was a very special founder: he had donated more than $100,000 to Perry’s campaigns over the previous decade. So even though a regional panel turned down Nance’s original application, when he appealed to a statewide advisory committee his application was approved unanimously.

• Luckee August 17, 2011 / 11:10 pm

Was Convergen any more successful or profitable than any other group which has received government funds? Like acorn for example. What are the data on the result of the investment?