Liberal Fascists on Parade

Example 1 comes from The New Republic:

…To solve the serious problems facing our country, we need to minimize the harm from legislative inertia by relying more on automatic policies and depoliticized commissions for certain policy decisions. In other words, radical as it sounds, we need to counter the gridlock of our political institutions by making them a bit less democratic… – Peter Orszag, former Obama Administration OMB Director

Example 2 come from the News Observer:

You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. The one good thing about Raleigh is that for so many years we worked across party lines. It’s a little bit more contentious now but it’s not impossible to try to do what’s right in this state. You want people who don’t worry about the next election. – Governor Bev Perdue (D-NC)

There are two fundamental reasons, I think, for this:

1.  Democrats are very worried they are going to get clobbered next year, so not having elections or transferring power to non-elective bodies (which Obama can appoint prior to be booted) is a means for them to retain power no matter what the voters want.

2.  Liberals, by their actions, show an inborn contempt for the people of the United States.  In President Obama’s exquisite phrasing we, the people,  are a collection of knuckle-dragging morons who bitterly cling to guns and the Bible (I guess I’m only a half-moron – I still don’t own a gun, but I am ever more fiercely clinging to my Bible.  In fact, I just read the Gospel of Mark today…).  We are not whom our liberals want to have to consult in matters of policy.  We are tiresome.  We just get in the way.  If we would just do as we’re told, all would be well..liberals would be rich and in charge and enjoying a lavish, taxpayer-funded lifestyle while the rest of us would be poor…but equally poor, so its all good.

To me, this is ultimately just one more sign of a Ruling Class growing more worried and desperate.  We’ll see how things come out – but I think that we, the people, can look forward with confidence to 2012…they’re on the run.

13 thoughts on “Liberal Fascists on Parade

1. Green Mountain Boy September 28, 2011 / 2:13 pm

Are any of you surprised that the donkyrats are saying this stuff. Hasn’t this been the objective of the progressive movement since Jan 13, 1913? Remember this. Rember this especially when someone with an (R) behind thier name says we need to work with the other side and compromise.

2. raging bull September 28, 2011 / 2:45 pm

ole bev is toast here in NC. i know a lot of the hardest right and the hardest left and none of them want her back. i’ve never heard anyone say they like her or support her. she’ll lose in a land slide next year. her gubernatorial tenure was a disaster from day one.

• neocon1 September 28, 2011 / 3:12 pm

Insanity leading to war.

GMB
      AMEN to that.
      I was paid to KILL commies.

• dbschmidt September 28, 2011 / 8:08 pm

No worries. Gov. Perdue rode coattails in and she will ride them out as well. So much better for the Great State of North Carolina.

3. J. R. Babcock September 28, 2011 / 3:12 pm

Not lookin’ too good for the D’rats.

One of the Democratic party’s leading pollsters released a survey of 60 Republican-held battleground districts today painting an ominous picture for Congressional Democrats in 2012. The poll shows Democratic House candidates faring worse than they did in the 2010 midterms, being dragged down by an unpopular president who would lose to both Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Mitt Romney.

• neocon1 September 28, 2011 / 3:14 pm

hell barney fife could beat Ochimpy.

• Green Mountain Boy September 28, 2011 / 3:20 pm

Is Mr.Fife running? I have some money for hin if he is. 🙂

• neocon1 September 28, 2011 / 3:34 pm

Yup
        and a LOT more experience than the POS had.

4. Green Mountain Boy September 28, 2011 / 3:54 pm

“Mollycoddling” lol, sounds like my dad! I still every time i see this.

• neocon1 September 28, 2011 / 4:04 pm

Alabama state Sen. Scott Beason apologizes for calling black people ‘aborigines.’

R-Gardendale, apologizes at a news conference at the Gardendale Civic Center for using the word “aborigine” to describe black people. (The Birmingham News/Tamika Moore)

MONTGOMERY — Sen. Scott Beason, R-Gardendale, on Tuesday apologized for a comment he made referring to black people as “aborigines.”

Beason in a press conference said he was sorry for the remark, calling it both inappropriate and “careless and unnecessary.”

But some senators said Beason’s apology is inadequate and that he should step down as chairman of the powerful Senate Rules Committee.

Funny NO cries for maxine waters, wrangle, etc etc etc etc etc etc to step down or quit.

doesnt he know this ISNT Australia???
      jeez louise.

5. Green Mountain Boy September 28, 2011 / 4:27 pm

R are held to different standards. If you skin color is non caucasion and you are on the progressive side you can say and do want you want. Except it. It is the way it is. 😦

6. Cluster September 28, 2011 / 5:38 pm

I think this entire liberal movement is coming apart at the seams.

• J. R. Babcock September 28, 2011 / 5:49 pm

Col. Hannibal Smith, The A Team: “I love it when a plan comes together.”