Ditzy Debbie – The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Debbie Wasserman Shultz might be the best thing that Republicans have going for them right now.  The more that this brainless twit flaps her gums, the more inane her comments seem to become. Hopefully her baseless hysteric ignorance will be a turnoff to the voters of this nation.

In some ways I feel for her … she does have a rather difficult job: defending the obAMATEUR and his failed policies. You need to know that many, if not most, Democrats don’t much like Obama either; but he’s theirs and they have to live with the ugly person they brought to the dance. But on the other hand, you get the feeling that this woman truly believes the things that she is saying. If so, she is one of the most ignorant people in public service in this country. But .. that goes hand-in-hand with being a Democrat. Remember that being called a “democrat” used to be an insult. It meant one who panders to the mindless whims of the masses. Ditzy Debbie is most assuredly a democrat. I guess that’s OK, though, if you believe that to be your road to power.

Just when you thought she had hit some sort of ignoranus peak, she comes out with this unbelievably partisan quote:

“We need to make sure that we tone things down, particularly in light of the Tucson tragedy from a year ago, where my very good friend, Gabby Giffords — who is doing really well, by the way, — [was shot]. The discourse in America, the discourse in Congress in particular . . . has really changed, I’ll tell you. I hesitate to place blame, but I have noticed it take a very precipitous turn towards edginess and lack of civility with the growth of the Tea Party movement.”

Yes!  Those Tea Partiers are out of control with their riot like actions, squatting on public land, crapping on police cars, etc. etc. OH WAIT!  Those are the actions of her and her party’s beloved Occupy Anywhere for Anything lunatics. You know the Occupy groups that her pResident and her party had orgasms over and try to paint them as a mainstream movement.  Their uncivil behavior was beyond contempt but her regurgitation of dumbed down talking points against the Tea Party fits to the pandering to the ignorant masses, the drones.  Occutards left their occupied sites full of trash .. and sometimes dead bodies. Tea Partiers always cleaned up. And I’m still waiting to see the a picture of a Tea Partier taking a crap on a police car. Edginess? Lack of Civility? That’s the occupiers, not the Tea Partiers.

That wasn’t all she had to say. She goes on to say, “when [the tea party] disagree with you on an issue, you’re not just wrong, you’re a liar.” Now I don’t use the word “liar” lightly. Someone is lying only if they know what they are saying is untrue at the time they say it. I’ve highlighted, the many occasions, her inaccurate statements about Barack Obama’s economy. Does she know that she is full of donkeysqueeze at the time she is spouting off or is she just ignorant?

As if that previous quote from Ditzy Debbie wasn’t enough, now she has something to say about our tax code. You’ll appreciate this.

There is nothing wrong with doing well. It’s a goal we all inspire to. And we want everybody in America to do well. But we shouldn’t have our tax policy exclusively focused on helping people already doing well do better. In America we should target our tax policy towards people who want to be lifted up.”

First of all, half of Americans don’t even pay income taxes! For those who do, but find themselves at the bottom of the scale, it is not the job of the tax code to “lift people up.” Not to mention the fact that the earned income tax credit has become one of the federal government’s largest programs for lower-income taxpayers. Consider the following:

• The EITC has grown in cost from $4.4 billion in 1990, to $26.1 billion in 2000, and to an estimated $44.9 billion in 2011.

• The CTC was enacted in 1997, and then its cost rose from $0.8 billion in 2000 to an estimated $22.9 billion in 2011.

If anything, Debbie Wasserman Shultz should be outrage by the $4.2 billion in refundable tax credits given to illegal aliens just last year alone! Meanwhile, those who are doing well are carrying more of the burden than ever. The figure fluctuates between 37 and 40% — that is the percentage of income taxes paid by the top 1% of taxpayers. Meanwhile, they are earning around 20% of the income.

There is no doubt that our tax code is riddled with loopholes; clearly you know my opinion of our tax code. But to claim that our tax code “exclusively” helps those who are doing better and needs to target people to “lift them up” is such a misguided view of things. This is a prime example of how politicians view our tax code as another means of legislation and a way to buy votes. Is it any wonder why they will fight so vigorously to defend it when challenged with ideas like the FairTax or the 999 Plan?

While we are at it, here other moments, brought to you by Debbie Wasserman Shultz.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz Dodges Question About Obama’s Responsibility For Solyndra

DNC Chief Wasserman Schultz Stumped When Asked About Obama’s “One-Term Proposition” Promise…

Again this woman is either a complete ignoramus or a habitual liar.  She spews the mindless talking points so well and the dumbed down lefty drones eat it all up.  Some of them posted here and you can read their statements verbatim.

197 thoughts on “Ditzy Debbie – The Gift That Keeps on Giving

1. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 6:32 pm

That link gives both sides of Mitt’s views on government spending. So down to 159 posts.

2. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 6:40 pm

Mitt pro assualt weapons ban.

But perhaps the most significant gun legislation Romney signed as governor was a 2004 measure instituting a permanent ban on assault weapons. The Legislature mirrored the law after the federal assault weapons ban, which was set to expire. According to activists at the time, the bill made Massachusetts the first state to enact its own such ban, and Romney hailed the move. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,” he was quoted as saying. “They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
    –Boston Globe, 01/14/07

Mitt con assault weapons ban.

“And so we signed that in Massachusetts, and I said I’d — I would would support that at the federal level, just as the president said he would. It did not pass at the federal level. I do not believe we need new legislation. I do not support any new legislation of an assault weapon ban nature, including that against semiautomatic weapons. I instead believe that we have laws in place that, if they’re implemented and enforced, will provide the protection and the safety of the American people. But I do not support any new legislation, and I do support the right of individuals to bear arms, whether for hunting purposes or for protection purposes or any other reasons. That’s the right that people have.”
    –Mitt Romney, Florida Atlantic University debate, 01/24/08

78 issues to go. 😛

3. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 6:43 pm

Afgan troop withdrawal timetable.

Pro

The generals actually concur with the idea that we should bring down the surge troops, and ultimately by 2014, take our footprint — our large combat footprint out of Afghanistan, that’s something with which I concur.
    –Mitt Romney, Morning Joe, 09/28/11

Con

Romney praised the decision to send additional troops to Afghanistan, but criticized President Obama’s announcement of when troops will withdraw. ‘The Taliban may not have watches, but they do have calendars,’ Romney said.
    –Boston Globe, 06/03/11

77 issues to go. Having fun yet?

• Count d'Haricots January 13, 2012 / 7:40 pm

was it necessary to your point to reverse the dates?

It’s bad policy to announce a total troop withdrawal date in June, but not a change in “combat footprint” as the Generals on the field recommended.

4. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 6:58 pm

This has got to be the best flip flop ever.

Mitt Romney on flip flopping.

“I’m a strong believer in stating your position and not wavering.”
    –Mitt Romney, speaking to NARAL, Los Angeles Times, 2002

“I changed my position.”
    –Life News, 03/10/10

You got to love Mitt! He has come squarely down on both sides of the fence on just about every issue you can name.

I think i’ll save some for other threads just to annoy Count and Cluster. Or maybe I won’t 🙂

• Count d'Haricots January 13, 2012 / 7:32 pm

WOW, what a hypocrite!

That’s why I Never say Never or something.

5. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 7:11 pm

Just one more. I cant resist.

Mitt and the minumum wage.

Pro

Questioned by ABC newsman Sam Donaldson, Romney said, “I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation. I think the minimum wage is a good thing to have in our economy and I think it ought to be updated. We’ve had some inflation since the time it was set at $ 4.25 in April 1991, so I think an inflationary increase is appropriate.”
    –RedState, 12/16/06

Con

“I have spent hours reading a wide array of reviews on the minimum wage and it’s impact on the economy, and there’s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs, and the loss of jobs is at the entry level,” Romney said.
    –Boston Globe, 07/25/06
    Clearly this a man for all seasons and all situations. MItt the used political position salesman. Pro or con, he’s got them all.

• Count d'Haricots January 13, 2012 / 7:30 pm

“inflationary increase is appropriate” and “raising the minimum wage excessively” are mutually exclusive.

Stop reading or just desperate to make an invalid point?

Try again. e anti-capitalist Mitt.

6. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 7:24 pm

I just can’t help myself. Here is another.

Cap and trade.

For

“This is a great thing for the Commonwealth,” Romney said, his strongest endorsement of the pact to date. ”We can effectively create incentives to help stimulate a sector of the economy and at the same time not kill jobs.” […]

“I’m convinced it is good business,” Romney said.
    –Boston Globe, “Romney favors [cap and trade] pact among states,” 11/08/05

Against.

Well as you know, there were a number of places in the primary campaign where I disagreed with John McCain, and his cap and trade proposal was one of them. If you want to negotiate with someone and you feel it’s important to bring down global CO2 emissions then China has to be part of the picture. And if we go out there and put a burden on our own industry and they don’t put a burden on theirs, why you’ll just kill jobs here.
    –Mitt Romney, radio appearance with Glenn Beck, 11/03/08

Romney also said a 2003 McCain-Lieberman energy cap-and-trade bill would have increased energy costs for the average Florida family of four by $1,000.
    –USA Today, 01/28/11

• Count d'Haricots January 13, 2012 / 7:35 pm

Cap and Trade was a Milton Friedman idea that turned out to be wrong. Like abortion I’m glad he changed his position., we all did.

Why not just declare as a dimocrat socialist and come out of the shadows; you’ll feel better about yourself.

• Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 7:44 pm

Do you really want to get into a flame war? I am more than willing?

• Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 7:45 pm

You are the one supporting and making excuses for aman that clearly only believes that he wants to be president and will say or do anything to get it.

Just come out and declare yourself a fascist. You will feel better about yourself.

• Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 8:23 pm

Again where did I say anything of the sort? These are Mitt’s words not mine. Maybe you should ask him what he meant. Then I’ll ask him what he meant. Lets see if we don’t get two differnt answers.

• Count d'Haricots January 13, 2012 / 8:53 pm

So, your story now is that you never wrote this:

While referring to these two perfectly consistent statements;

so I think an inflationary increase is appropriate.

and

You never wrote that these two statements represent a “flip-flop”?

Just like every other so-called “example” of yours is nothing more than the selective editing to reinforce your unqualified emotional belief rather than discussing the real issues. Just a posing an absurd hypothetical, you ask and I ask scenario.

You queried “Which Mitt are you voting for? The capitalist Mitt or the anti-capitalist Mitt?” And then offered no substance whatsoever to support your thesis that an anti-capitalist Mitt could be produced; further denying that you ever wrote such a thing.

I expect the libiots to make such hit-and-run pronouncements then scurry back to their Pitchfork lair and congratulate themselves on their cleverness; but I expect anyone on the right side to man up and prove it or admit they’re buying into the Media’s agenda to take down anyone that can defeat their Socialist Agenda.

If you’re going to play in the dirt with their toys you have to be prepared to answer for the damage you cause.

Fortunately, by declaring yourself beyond the electoral process; not voting for either candidate, your position is irrelevant.

• Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 10:18 pm

You claim to be a smart person. Your post reek with sarcasm and distaste to those you consider inferior. You have this ability to ignore facts that don’t fit your narraitve.

I am posting Romneys own words. These are the words that the donkyrats will use against Romney. These are not my opinions but Romneys words.

He is as changeable as the weather. He is no better than barky. He can not be trusted with this country because you don’t know where he will take it.

You trust him, I do not.

With me trust is earned not given. He has given no reason why he should be trusted.

• Amazona January 15, 2012 / 1:07 pm

Count—so now you’re a “fascist”? Not too long ago Mountain Boy Green was calling me “Comrade”.

While he’s flailing around sneering at those he deems so less than perfect, we’ll be electing a candidate who can and will undo as much of the Obama fiasco as possible.

And I’m sure that Boy Mountain Green will still be snarling and spitting his outrage at the election of someone he finds unacceptable, calling us all names, inventing stupid names for whoever is on his most recent hit list, and preening over the imagined moral superiority of refusing to vote for someone he has declared unfit.

I would not call GBM “far right” as much as “far too impressed with himself”.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

7. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 7:48 pm

Had any luck remembering the tail number of your OS-2? Liar or murderer. Not much of a choice there is it?

8. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 8:10 pm

Which Mitt Romney do you belive?

This one?

“I support the subsidy of ethanol,” he told an Iowa voter. “I believe ethanol is an important part of our energy solution for this country.” Iowa leads the nation in the production of corn, a main source of ethanol.
    –Wall Street Journal

Or this one?

Mitt Romney declined Thursday to commit to specific federal measures to support farmers or ethanol producers. […]

“I’m not running for office based on making promises of handing out money,” he said, in response to a question about federal farm programs. “And you’re not looking for that, but I don’t want to suggest, ‘Hey, I have money for everything. More money for schools, new projects, economic development, more money for farmers.’ We’re going to have to live within our means.
    –Des Moines Register, 10/20/11

9. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 8:20 pm

Is this the true Mitt?

“Hillary Clinton is very much right, it does take a village, and we are a village and we need to work together in a non-skeptical, no-finger-pointing way.”
    –Mitt Romney, Boston Globe, 03/01/98

Or is this the true Mitt?

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, also a candidate for president, is wrong when she says “it takes a village” to raise a child.

“I think it’s time for us to recognize every child deserves a mother and a father,” Romney said during a speech to New Hampshire Republicans this weekend in Newbury.
    –Associated Press, 04/17/07

My name is Mitt Romney and I am here to tell you the truth. What ever truth you may want to hear.

10. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 8:27 pm

Mitt on the capital gains tax.

Position 1

In 1996, Mitt Romney spent $50,000 to run ads against Steve Forbes flat tax plan, saying he “will not support a specific proposal unless it taxes investment income.” Romney’s ads asserted that the Forbes plan to eliminate taxes on dividends, interest and investment profit and institute a 17% tax on wages would result in huge tax cuts for the “Kennedys, Rockefellers, and Forbes.” “It’s a tax cut for fat cats!” the ads argued.
    –Boston Globe, 01/21/96

Position 2

Speaking at a GOP dinner in Sarasota, Florida Mitt Romney told the audience, “I believe the tax on capital gains should be zero.”
    –Bradenton Herald, 04/24/07

11. Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 8:40 pm

Does anyone think barky and dws are not going to take advantage of all this garbage against Romney? They will have a field day with it. When Mitt says he is against something they will be able to trot out the video or printed transcript when he was for it and it will stick with the public.

This is the most electable repub that could be found? Please don’t make me laugh.

12. Russ January 13, 2012 / 8:47 pm

With the South Carolina primary coming up, nobody can say South Carolina isn’t conservative. The most recent poll, 1/11 – 1/12, from America Research Group has, among likely Republican primary preference: Mitt Romney at 29%, Newt Gingrich at 25%, Ron Paul at 20%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 7% and Jon Huntsman at 1%.

Breaking down the numbers, among party preference of likely voters, Republicans [R.] (79%) and independents [I.] (21%) it brakes down as: Romney 29% (R.) – 27% (I.), Gingrich 29% (R.) – 12% (I.), Paul 18% (R.) – 29% (I.), Perry 8% (R.) – 11% (I.), Santorum 7% (R.) – 8% (I.) and Huntsman 1% (R.) – 3% (I.).

Among Tea Party Supporters [T] (47%) and those not/undecided [N] (53%), it breaks down like this: Romney 24% (T) – 33% (N), Gingrich 28% (T) – 23% (N), Paul 20% (T) – 21% (N), Perry 9% (T) – 8% (N), Santorum 11% (T) – 3% (N), Huntsman 0% (T) – 3% (N)

Among Evangelical Christians [C.] (56%) and not/undecided [N.] (44%): Romney 13% (C.) – 48% (N.), Gingrich 40% (C.) – 7% (N.), Paul 10% (C.) – 33% (N.), Perry 15% (C.) – 1% (N.), Santorum 12% (C.) – 1% (N.), Huntsman 0% (C.) – 3% (N.)

Sample Size was 600 telephone interviews among random sample of likely Republican primary voters living in South Carolina (476 Republican, 120 independents, 4 Democrats).

I know this is just one poll but any thoughts?

13. bardolf January 13, 2012 / 8:56 pm

From August 2011 B4V

President Barack Obama is closely matched against each of four possible Republican opponents when registered voters are asked whom they would support if the 2012 presidential election were held today. Mitt Romney leads Obama by two percentage points, 48% to 46%, Rick Perry and Obama are tied at 47%, and Obama edges out Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann by two and four points, respectively. When you’re going to have to dog fight with Ron Paul to retain the Presidency, you are really dealing with “anyone but Obama” as the prime choice for 2012. Its getting so that we could nominate a ham sandwich and win. Exit question: what does Obama do to change the dynamic? – Mark

(For those new to B4V, Mark is the hard-working co-founder of B4B, not to be confused with slackers Matt and Ali.)

WHEN DID THE HAM SANDWICH defeats Obama meme change to a we need to nominate the ELECTABLE MITT ROMNEY? How desperate to hope the GOP can run against little Debbie.

Prediction: WHEN ROMNEY is the nominee and loses to OBUMMER the fantasists who supported this flip-flopper will learn nothing. They’ll put forth convincing conspiracy theories about the complacent media or entitlement folk who stole the election and try to convince people that Paul would have lost even worse. I saw the tinfoil on the Dem side when Kerrey beat Dean and went on to lose to Bush. A New England Patriot sweeps through the playoffs only to lose in the Superbowl.

Bonus Prediction: Watch as New England pounds Denver this Sunday. (Gotta give props to Tebow for his courage).

• Green Mountain Boy January 13, 2012 / 9:30 pm

Bardolf, you are being too pessimistic here. Lets not concede the nomination to the McCain clone just yet. He is after all something like 1124 delagates shy of winning it.

• bardolf January 14, 2012 / 1:59 pm

GMB

He hasn’t technically picked up Virginia’s delegates, but since he and Paul are the only ones competent enough to make it on the ballot we can safely give Mittens most of those delegates.

• bardolf January 15, 2012 / 1:16 am

GMB

Did you see the beating that NE gave to Amy’s donkeys. I have it on a high authority that Mitt will beat the field even worse than Tebow got it.

14. Cluster January 14, 2012 / 2:59 pm

Matt,

We need more threads to keep this blog interesting. Do you have any in the works?

• bardolf January 14, 2012 / 3:38 pm

Maybe about the terrorist attack that killed an Iranian scientist?
      Maybe about the imminent collapse of the Euro?
      Maybe about a judges refusal to add Newt, Perry, Santorum and Huntsman to the ballot?
      The tragedy in Italy?
      John Edwards possibly dying?
      The Broncos vs. the Patriots?

How about Ali getting involved like he promised.

15. mitchethekid January 14, 2012 / 4:35 pm

Great googly moogly! Neo made an error! I’ll alert the media. Maybe with my connections I can get you on 60 minutes. Or better to your liking Hannity. I’ve piloted for both. Speaking of Hannity, did you know he is a VIP @ The Bunny Ranch? I guess ‘pubbys like sex too. No guilt when it’s paid for. All kidding aside, everyone makes mistakes and I take our “disagreements” in stride. You’re a man of conviction, that’s for sure..
    god bless.

• neocon1 January 14, 2012 / 6:23 pm

Bmitch

then Hannity it is…. 🙂

16. Jeremiah January 15, 2012 / 2:55 am

Y’all listen to the presidential forum last night?

I think they all did very well.

I tell ya, I highly respect Rick Santorum. Bless his heart, he’s poured all he has into this campaign, and he does what I like best about him, he puts his faith first, and political matters second.

If the people don’t see Rick Santorum as the man made for the job, they’ll be makin’ a big mistake. And they’ll see that, too, after they’ve done voted the country down a rat hole if they put Obama back in office. You might as well call it a communist dictatorship if the do that.

• Canadian Observer January 15, 2012 / 8:17 am

I highly respect Rick Santorum. Bless his heart, he’s poured all he has into this campaign, and he does what I like best about him, he puts his faith first, and political matters second…Jeremiah
      —————————————————————————————–
      Well, if that’s the case, Jeremiah, then he’s applying for the wrong position. Perhaps ‘faith comes first’ Santorum would be better suited to become some sort of religious leader and not POTUS and leader of the free world where, you know, dealing with political matters is a premier requirement.

• neocon1 January 15, 2012 / 1:12 pm

co

stick to Kanadas politics frog NO one here cares a flying F what YOU THINK about America or our politics.

read arguing with idiots pgs 13-69

17. Amazona January 15, 2012 / 10:54 am

Mitt Romney had a dog carrier that was enclosed on the leading end and had slits in the sides, and a wire door on the back, just like the airline-approved carriers we see all the time. It was securely attached to the roof of his car and the dog had ridden in it many times. He (Mitt) has often reminded us that the dog would run up the back of the car to get into the carrier—hardly a sign of fear at being taken for a ride in it.

The “airtight” comment refers to the fact that the dog was not exposed to the wind but was in an enclosed carrier. Certainly a word like “windproof” would be a better choice, but anyone not intent on trying to find something, anything, to use to smear a conservative would realize that

Dogs get sick sometimes. Not carsick, not “fearsick” but just sick. About five nights ago I was up at 3:30 a.m. shampooing carpet after my dog got the runs on my white carpet. Not in a car, but dozing in his own bed in the house. Certainly not afraid, unless a dream-bunny turned on him. Just a tummy upset. They happen.

Let’s face it—-there is no possible conservative candidate who could avoid the sneering of the Pseudo-left trolls here. All we have to do is note that none of their snotty carping is centered on actual politics—that is, the actual blueprint for governing the country. They don’t DO politics. They do hate. They do personality-based attacks. They do blind bigotry, not even caring that they are completely ignorant of the actual POLITICS of either side and not even caring what those politics are. They focus on events, on ‘scandals’, on identity, but never on the actual ideas for the best way to govern the nation.

Their insistence on this shallow, superficial, petty sniping indicates that this is all they are capable of.

• Jeremiah January 15, 2012 / 3:48 pm

I read a lot of hate for conservatives here.
      Reminds me of what Jesus said, ‘they will hate you for my name’s sake.’
      How true.

Dogs get sick sometimes.

Yes, they do.
      I was playing with my new, little, jet-black, 7 week old cocker spaniel puppy this afternoon with a glove on, his little teeth are sharp. But I had him in my lap playing with him biting the glove, and all at once he started heaving and I sat him down, and he up-chucked right there, and right back to playing he went. You’d have never thought there was a thing in the world wrong.

lol…he is a ball of fire, the little rascal…he barks at the cats, chews on everything in site, tears up the magazines, and just raises cane!! Very brave indeed!! lol!!