Welcome To The Revolution – Open Thread

The “war on women” hoax the Democrats successfully pulled on the GOP last year and to which the brain trust of the GOP has been unable to find an answer to, can be easily combated in two very simple ripostes.

1. The Life of Julia – which really was an embarrassing admission by the Obama regime and the DNC that they believe women are incapable of living a successful life on their own without the help of government. Because obviously they are too frail and the men in their life are either incapable or unwilling of providing any help or would prefer not to have anything to do with them at all, to whom the DNC gives a free pass to, and of which leads us to:

2. Abortion – Why do progressives, the DNC and the Obama regime give a free pass to men – everywhere. Why does the left support the ability of a man to knock up any chick he wants without any responsibility. Why does the left only see that as a woman’s problem? Why will they not hold men accountable? To me, that is the real war on women. Too bad so sad honey, looks like you’ll have to kill your child. Wish there was someone else to help you out with this, but your pregnancy is YOUR PROBLEM!

This is the real war on women and if the GOP had a spine, they would let the women know without any ambiguity that the Democrats think they are incapable of carving out a successful life of their own without government assistance, and that if some guy gets them pregnant, well then that’s their problem. Really warms your heart doesn’t it?

In an unrelated topic – we now know that “creepy ass cracker” is not a racial slur, and bears no mention in the media. However, what Paula Dean mentioned in private company over ten years ago, should cost her career. This according to the language police and high minded social watchdogs. Also, when Jamie Foxx was promoting his movie “Django Unchained” he enthusiastically stated that his character in the movie got to “kill all the white people” to which there was uproarious laughter.

This is a surreal progressive universe we are currently in folks and we had better find a way back soon.

25 thoughts on “Welcome To The Revolution – Open Thread

1. ricorun June 27, 2013 / 10:17 pm

Cluster: if the GOP had a spine, they would let the women know without any ambiguity that the Democrats think they are incapable of carving out a successful life of their own without government assistance…

I agree: the GOP has done a piss poor job of letting women know that. But more importantly, they have also done a piss poor job of doing anything to assure them that there are viable alternatives. And that, I think, is a really important failure. If they correct that, it would be a game-changer.

… and that if some guy gets them pregnant, well then that’s their problem.

I wholeheartedly agree on this part — BOTH parties have done a piss poor job of holding the male half of the equation accountable, and it really is time that one or both parties did. And if they do, that too could be vitally important — especially if combined with the first issue.

Of course if the GOP doesn’t solve those issues the DNC will almost certainly continue to have the upper hand.

• ricorun June 27, 2013 / 11:40 pm

Allow me to rephrase that last sentence, The word “solve” is too extreme. I should have said:

“Of course, if the GOP remains to be perceived as feckless on those issues the DNC will almost certainly continue to have the upper hand.”

• J. R. Babcock (@JRBabcock) June 28, 2013 / 7:03 am

The GOP is seen as “feckless” on lots of issues, some of it justified, some not, but no small part of the equation is that much of the media and our educational system reinforces that perception. As long as education is controlled by Leftists and the national media and entertainment sectors are largely in the Donkey’s corner, there isn’t really much the average Republican can do to change that perception. For example, when the President lied about his immediate response to the attack in Benghazi in a debate and the moderator waved the script from his Rose Garden speech in front of her and backed up his lie, the perception that Romney wasn’t in control of the facts was allowed to stand, and there wasn’t a blessed thing he could do about it.

2. M. Noonan June 28, 2013 / 1:02 am

I don’t know – before I can get to the revolution I have to figure out if I’m a creepy-ass cracker…

• seniorwoman June 28, 2013 / 5:04 am

No Mr. Noonan, you are a “honky”. Both you and I have to evolve to be a creepy-ass cracker.

• M. Noonan June 28, 2013 / 1:50 pm

ROFL – so a honky could, say, possibly vote for Obama (but, of course, never admitting it)…

3. seniorwoman June 28, 2013 / 5:01 am

I missed the war on me. I didn’t even hear a gun shot. I was always taught to avoid the government and never let it interfere in my life or career. Never needed a man to make a living for me. My momma didn’t raise no needy daughter.

Creepy ass cracker huh? This is what happens when ya teach the south to fight. Oh and by the way, I saw some of her testimony. This is what they teach in schools. Helllllloooooo……if you are born in the USA you should know how to speak the language. Gawd that girl is a disaster.

4. Cluster June 28, 2013 / 8:17 am

Rico,

I am glad you agree and you are 100% correct. Unless and until the GOP figures out a way to effectively combat and respond to the steaming piles of bullshit that emanate from the DNC and the media on a regular basis, they will find themselves on the short end of elections. Yesterday I received another call from the RNC telling me how important my contributions are and asking me for more money. I told them that unless and until they grow a spine, there will be no more money. Hell with the way my Senators are voting, I may as well contribute to the Democrats. Do they accept creepy ass cracker money?

• Retired Spook June 28, 2013 / 9:23 am

I’ve told them the same thing, as I imagine lots of other Republicans (or, in our case, former Republicans) have. The mindset among the establishment wing of the GOP is similar to that in the current Democrat Party, just not as extreme. The GOP is facing a conundrum; they’d love to shed themselves of the Tea Party and fundamentalist Christians, but then they’d REALLY be a minority party — in fact, I think they’d go the way of the Whigs, which is something that may happen anyway. When you walk into the polling booth, the choice should, at least in each individual’s mind, be between good and bad, not bad and worse.

• Amazona June 28, 2013 / 12:35 pm

Spook, your reply was more civil than mine. Mine referred to the removal of a cranium from the nether regions.

I’ve been sitting at a desk with a phone in front of me, so I have routinely stopped for a minute to dial any of many DC numbers I have for various senators, to tell them what I think of the immigration bill. Not one call has been productive. My Colorado Senators just don’t have the phones answered at all, and others, such as Rubio, have lengthy messages followed by the message that the voice mail is full.

I may not contribute to a primary challenge to Rubio, but I find my evaluation of his good judgment severely altered by his immigration bill stance, which is downright foolish. I WILL contribute to anyone challenging McCain in a primary.

I am so fed up with these people.

• M. Noonan June 28, 2013 / 1:53 pm

Cluster,

It still astounds that these liberals don’t understand how racist they are – essentially telling me that because I’m white I cannot understand Ms. Jeantel’s perspective…as if there is a “black perspective” which is different from the “white perspective”. I, of course, continue to honor MLK on this and presume there is a “human perspective”…and in my human perspective I see that (a) the prosecutor should never have brought a charge of 2nd degree murder and (b) Ms. Jeantel has been betrayed…by her teachers who apparently never taught her to be fully literate; by her family and peers who never instructed her that honesty is always the best policy and by the prosecutor by forcing her on to the stand to wind up looking like an ignorant fool because the prosecutor was too much of a coward to drop the whole thing once the race-baiting needed for the 2012 election was completed.

• Cluster June 28, 2013 / 2:54 pm

AND Ms Jeantel has been let down by the overall progressive culture, who tells her that she has two disadvantages – being a woman and being black. How could she possibly succeed?

• neocon01 June 28, 2013 / 4:57 pm

Rachel was the last person to speak to a living, breathing Trayvon Martin. The guilt, shame and sorrow she must feel is something most of us will never be able to comprehend

WRONG WRONG WRONG…….AFTER the call
        tra von ” YOU GOT A F#$@ING PROBLEM”?
        zim…..”NO”
        tra von “WELL YA DO NOW”
        pow, thump. thump,thump
        zim “HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP

POW…….

good shoot, good shot!

• neocon01 June 28, 2013 / 5:07 pm

Mark
        the witch hunt began when gov scott a GOP flop appointed a political hack as a special prosecutor. Then assigned a fruitcake “judge” and political flunky prosecutor.to appease the rent a mobs of al and je$$e and the nbpp.
        the whole mess is disgusting.
        They then fired the chief of police and replaced him with an AA black from the plantation.
        Welcome to barrys ameriKa where some dumbed down 19 yo who claims a letter she wrote in cursive is unintelligible to her because she CANT read cursive??? HELLOOOOO!!

5. Cluster June 28, 2013 / 1:26 pm

The linked article below really doesn’t need any commentary – it pretty much speaks for itself. And it is a good example of why we are in such a bizarre authoritarian realm within the country. It also speaks to why our GOPers have no spine – wouldn’t want the press to speak poorly of them, right?

The current state of this country disgusts me –

• M. Noonan June 28, 2013 / 6:19 pm

Exactly – I’m going to hold her to that promise.

• Amazona June 30, 2013 / 11:17 am

Actually, I thought her district put itself underwater when they elected her.

Seriously, do people really want to be represented on the national stage by a clown like DWS?

6. Cluster June 29, 2013 / 7:28 am

Just a few more observations from the surreal progressive universe:

Alec Baldwin goes on yet another mysoginist rant and sees his popularity and ratings soar. Paula Dean sees her career implode over a racist comment made yeas ago.

Obama supports voter ID laws in Kenya, but claims the same law would be racist in America.

Despite a long, cold and prolonged winter, the media is all a flutter over a brief uptick of temperatures in the desert – in late June.

You can now resume to regular programming.

• neocon01 June 29, 2013 / 2:55 pm

The leftist THREATS begin, lynch whitey or we will burn the country down.

Ex-Chicago Cop: Zimmerman Acquittal to Cause Race Riots
      Social unrest will “dwarf the Rodney King and the Martin Luther King riots”

Paul Joseph Watson
      Infowars.com
      June 28, 2013

Following a number of tweets making threats to kill white people if George Zimmerman is acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin, a former Chicago police officer warns that the outcome of the case could spark race riots in cities across America.

7. Amazona June 30, 2013 / 11:14 am

As usual, Victor Davis Hanson hits the nail on the head, in another NRO column on the 1980’s-like-malaise of 2013:

“The Snowden extradition affair in and of itself could be small potatoes, but it takes on enormous iconic importance when the Chinese and Russians feel no compunction about publicly snubbing the administration — with North Korea, Iran, and many in the Middle East watching and drawing the conclusion that there are no consequences to getting on the bad side of the United States. Or perhaps they no longer see a bad side at all and consider us complacent neutral observers. Red lines, deadlines, ultimatums, “make no mistake about it,” “let me be perfectly clear,” the Nobel Peace Prize — all that is the stuff of yesteryear, its currency depleted by the years of speaking quite loudly while carrying a tiny stick.”

I alluded to this in an earlier post—-the open disdain shown to the United States, the overt contempt for us and our leadership. As VDH says, “there are no consequences to getting on the bad side of the United States” . What, Barry is going to put on his Mad Daddy face and scowl and lecture, as he does to Americans he doesn’t think are smart enough to realize just how brilliant he is?

8. tiredoflibbs June 30, 2013 / 6:11 pm

The Founding Fathers revolted on several taxes one was on tea. Taxes imposed on them were a small FRACTION compared to the taxes today.

Maryland now TAXES RAIN….. on behalf of the EPA.

…but according to the left, the TEA parties are racist and want to oppose obAMATEUR because he is black and oppose all Democrats because they want to obstruct, not pay their fair share and rage war on women and poor children, etc. etc.

When will American say enough is enough???

It will be difficult when 47% pay no federal income taxes, most of them get FREE money in wealth redistribution payments and several other FREE benefits.

Pathetic.

• Amazona June 30, 2013 / 6:53 pm

Here in Colorado it is illegal to have a rain barrel. Yes, we are not allowed to capture rain from roofs, etc. to water lawns or gardens.

As far as the EPA goes, it is a farce and a travesty. When King Barry issued one of his royal edicts giving unlimited power to the EPA, unconstrained by law or Congress, he fed the monster, and with political whore Ken Salazar at the helm the agency ran amok, drunk on the power to declare anything it wanted as a “pollutant” and then declare anything it wanted as a solution to the “pollution”.

I forget who recently observed that we now have a fourth branch of government—-that of Agencies. The EPA has no restrictions, the IRS has no restrictions, the Fed has no restrictions, we have become a nation where agencies rule and whenever the people try to speak up five unelected political appointees take it upon themselves to rule that the people have no right to make their own decisions. And presiding over the chaos are King Barry and his looooovely bride, the Mooch.

9. neocon01 July 3, 2013 / 1:50 pm

Barry and his looooovely brideZilla, the Mooch.