Not me. Several reasons.
1. It’s a flu. I know, I know – people say it isn’t like other flu viruses…but, it’s a flu. We don’t even really know how deadly it is – 0.5% to 2%…which means, no one has a clue. It seems slightly more deadly than regular flu, but the deaths seem to be heavily concentrated in people with underlying health problems. The bottom line is that if you’re healthy, you’ll probably get through it after a miserable couple weeks. Any one of us is highly unlikely to die.
2. We have much better sanitary conditions and health care than China – or, it would seem, Italy or Iran. We’re not as densely packed into cities; our pollution levels are much lower; the free market provides vast amounts of medical services at short notice.
3. The MSM is lying. A lot. They are hyping this up as the End of Days in order to harm Trump. Have you heard that the disease has already peaked and started to recede in China? Of course not – that wouldn’t fit the Narrative. Whatever they’re telling you is designed to scare you.
4. President Trump is a great President – he’s doing a good job; I’m confident he’ll be up to meeting whatever this throws at him.
It must be kept in mind that everything you’re going to see from now until Election Day in the MSM is designed to harm Trump and/or help the Democrats. Trust nothing of what they say. Look around. Seek alternate sources. Use your own common sense.
In the other bad news: stock market flop. Partially Coronavirus, partially oil price war – not sure if the Saudis are trying to blow up our oil industry or kill Iran…could be a little of both. But the underlying economy is strong and the Saudis can’t long sustain low oil prices…equilibrium will eventually prevail…but we might get a shot at really cheap gas over the Summer, and that will help the economy as much as the oil disruption harms.
I’m not worried about the Coronavirus either, but it’s disrupting the medical community big time. I just got back from a routine annual check up with my family doctor, and he told me they’re getting hundreds of calls from people who want to come in and get tested. Part of my check up is a blood test (PSA for prostate cancer), and every chair in the waiting room of the lab in the medical office building was full — at least an hour wait. I went to the lab in the hospital which is connected to the medical office building, and the wait was still close to a half hour.
The biggest problem with the Cononavirus is the hysterical fear and panic that is being created by the media, largely as you say, in an effort to damage Trump.
The medical community is loving this. The drug community even more so. Not necessarily for the immediate effect but for the long term in pushing vaccinations, in particular with government mandates. Many of the stores have gotten to the point where they’re limiting hand sanitizing lotions and wipes. My last 2 trips to Costco’s I saw numerous individuals with large carts loaded with cases of water. So, I see where there could be a shortage or disruption in certain store items or health care. I think this is actually a good indication of the overall population’s reliance on MSM. Meaning, Mark’s assessment is correct in that the left will use any tactic they can dream up including lies, scares, misinformation, did I mention lies – and blare them repeatedly from now until forever.
Gaffe master – the gift that keeps on giving. Biden argues with union construction workers over guns.
“You are actively trying to diminish our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms,” one unionist charged.
“You’re full of shit!” Biden responded.
As another attempted to speak up, Biden ordered him twice to “shush.”
“I support the Second Amendment,” the candidate countered.
As Biden said he was going to “take your AR-14s away,” he pointed his finger in the man’s face.
“This is not okay,” the man said, creating a buffer between the finger and his face.
“Don’t tell me anything, pal. I’m going to go outside with you,” Biden threatened.
The worker continued to defend the Second Amendment and disputed Biden’s interpretation of “assault rifles.”
“Don’t be such a horse’s ass,” Biden said before he walked away.”
Pleeeeze let him be the DumbAssCrap’s nominee.
I have had a change of heart re: Joe. Just last week I was sympathetic towards his dementia and hoping someone close to him would intervene. NO MORE, particularly when I read the following article this morning:
The raid of an Americore Health hospital represented a deepening of the legal morass surrounding James Biden’s recent venture into health care investing at a time when questions about the business dealings of Joe Biden’s relatives, and their alleged connection to the former vice president’s public service, continue to dog his presidential campaign.
Joe Biden is as corrupt as anyone in DC. He has spent his entire life as a “public servant” yet he and his family are all multi millionaires. It is time this shit ends and ends now. I hope the stress of this campaign accelerates his decline and that the GOP takes every opportunity to exploit it. Joe Biden is just the recent torch bearer of a wholly corrupt enterprise and it’s time we burn it to the ground.
Oh, dear. Now the Left may have lost its “But…but…but he’s so VULGAR” whine about Trump, what with Joe carrying on like this.
I remember the shrill makes-your-ears-bleed shrieking about what a bully Trump was when he jeered a heckler being removed from a rally. What a meanie! But he never threatened to “go outside” with anyone, or called him a “horse’s ass” or sneered that he was “full of shit”. All of which is evidently, now, suddenly not only acceptable but downright desirable in a candidate.
It’s really kind of funny to see someone make Bernie seem calm and rational by comparison. The Left is continuing to write our campaign for us.
Speaking of low class, I see that AOC is reverting to her High School Mean Girl persona. I think the meme we should develop whenever she snarls at someone should be “Someone bring her a nice saucer of warm milk.” Or just “MEOW!”
A troll recently posted some nasty nonsense about Melania and a tennis pavilion. ?? So while I was on hold today I googled it and learned that (1) in the first week of October—-yes, more than 5 months ago—there was a brief story about Melania helping design a new tennis pavilion at the White House, being built with funds donated to help improve the presidential residence. And recently there was a brief update on the project. So now the frantic Left, searching for something, ANYTHING, they can resurrect to try to shift attention away from their cascade of catastrophes, are now claiming that she is being frivolous, worrying about a tennis pavilion WHILE PEOPLE ARE DYING !!!!!
You can just imagine them peering through the parakeet poop on the bottom of the cage and seeing part of an article and getting all giddy about the possibilities they think they have uncovered, even though it, like so many of their other efforts, has required sifting through sh*t.
Usually silly is too, well, silly to also be considered toxic. But when it comes to the Left, everything is toxic even while being so superficial and silly no sane people would pay attention.
“Cascade of Catastrophes” LOL I am using that one.
And I am quite sure he did not think of that on his own. He was a “seminar poster” … someone who has been fed what to say on conservative sites.
So Joe solidified his lead last night and now the democrats set on running an “establishment’s establishment guy”. No one is more swampy than Joe Biden, and not many people have the level of pre dementia that Joe does either so it’s a win-win for the Democrats and the Media. If Joe wins the DC cocktail parties will be in full swing again, deep state actors will return to their jobs and will proceed to run the country, media pundits will be awarded, and the usual business of selling out America to the highest bidder and enriching their families on foreign aid will resume.
Morning Joke is at it again this morning. A GOP mayor in Michigan is endorsing Biden because of the “way Trump acts in office”. Joey Scarborough jumped in to ask him if he too wants the GOP to return to their “conservative small government roots”. It’s hilarious to listen to fake conservatives whine about Trump. I never tire of it.
While it is funny to hear the professional hysterics go on and on about a wish for the GOP “,,,to return to their “conservative small government roots” I am happy to see the Trump administration restraining itself and not drawing attention to its successful and ongoing reduction in the size and scope of the federal government. I love seeing this effort remain pretty much under the radar as federal agencies are defunded, moved out of DC and otherwise brought under more control. There is still a lot to be done, mostly in weeding out embedded Leftist agents, but Trump is making progress on what may be the most important aspect of his presidency.
When some squishy political lightweight like this Michigan mayor whines about ” the way Trump acts in office”. he is just admitting that what he probably thinks of as his political philosophy is in reality completely superficial and unrelated to real politics—and that he is a political whore eager to sell out his brand for a chance to be on TV.
And immediately after posting the comment, above, I ran into this:
Intelligence Community Hits the Panic Button as Deep Staters Are Thrown out and Sidelined
Slowly, President Trump has been moving to take control of the intelligence apparatus that John Brennan and James Clapper weaponized to attempt to force President Trump from office.
mostly in weeding out embedded Leftist agents, but Trump is making progress on what may be the most important aspect of his presidency.
100% agreed, this and the judiciary. Trump is actually accomplishing what the GOP “stood for”, or at least claimed they stood for. We now know that conservatives were completely sold out by the Romney’s, Bush’s, Mccain’s, Scarborough’s, and every single NeverTrumper. They were all faux conservatives or more accurately as Amazona noted, “political whores” who were more interested in TV time and being celebrated at DC cocktail parties.
U.S. District Court Judge James A. Boasberg, the new chief judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court….. “took direct aim at the excuses and blame-shifting of these senior Obama administration FBI and DOJ officials” observes journalist John Solomon, who focuses on the statement in Boasberg’s order saying: There is thus little doubt that the government breached its duty of candor to the Court with respect to those applications.
The RedState article goes on to say Simply put, none of this was an accident. It was deliberate. Boasberg adds:
The frequency and seriousness of these errors in a case that, given its sensitive nature, had an unusually high level of review at both DOJ and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have called into question the reliability of the information proffered in other FBI applications.
Linking this to the prior note about purging the Intelligence Community of Deep State actors, and you can see why the Left will do anything to stop Trump.
I’ve repeatedly heard Joe Biden, in response to questions about the 2nd Amendment, say something like, “just as the 1st Amendment does not allow you to shout ‘fire’ in a crowded theater, the 2nd Amendment is also not without limits.” That begs the question, if you’re in a crowded theater, and it catches on fire, what exactly do you shout?
I’ve heard that shouting “Hillary is here!” will instantly clear out all the conservatives, and leaving the Liberals inside will solve another problem
LMAO. Let’s hope it works.
But, more seriously, the Left loves its cliches and sound bites, even when they don’t make much sense.
The real issue is not what restrictions or limitations can or should be imposed on freedoms, but who gets to do the imposing, and to what end? And here is where we uncover the Left’s motives—to inhibit speech that points out the defects of Leftism and its supporters, and to limit the ability of the populace to defend itself in case of tyranny.
What happens when the 1st Amendment is not restricted? Well, we are subject to all sorts of comments and statements and ideas, some of which are distasteful and some of which, if their intent is to foment violence and/or insurrection can be dangerous. And this puts the responsibility for sorting it all out right where it belongs—on an educated citizenry used to analyzing and thinking things through. An unrestricted 2nd Amendment would mean citizens can own and carry firearms, putting the responsibility for prudent and legal use right where it belongs—on the people, who can self-regulate. Back in our frontier days when there were no restrictions on firearm possession we still had laws and punishments for breaking them, and BTW we also had less random firearm violence.
A friend just sent me this list and it seems worth passing on:
A good recap of crazy stuff going on:
• If a mentally-ill dude pretends to be a woman, you are required to pretend with him.
• Some how It’s un-American for the census to count how many Americans are in America.
• Russians influencing our elections are bad, but illegal Mexicans voting in our elections are good.
• It was cool for Joe Biden to blackmail the President of Ukraine, but it’s an impeachable offense if Donald Trump inquires about it.
• Twenty is too young to drink a beer, but eighteen is old enough to vote.
• Sexualizing children is bad, but 11-year-old drag queens are good.
• Illegals aren’t required to show ID, but citizens can’t buy cough medicine without it.
• Citizens are fined if they don’t buy their own health insurance, and then they are forced to buy it for illegals.
• People who have never owned slaves should pay slavery reparations to people who have never been slaves.
• Inflammatory rhetoric is outrageous, but harassing people in restaurants is virtuous.
• People who have never been to college should pay the debts of college students who took out huge loans for useless degrees.
• Immigrants with tuberculosis and polio are welcome, but you’d better be able to prove your dog is vaccinated.
• Irish doctors and German engineers who want to immigrate must go through a rigorous vetting process, but any illiterate Central-American gang-banger who jumps the southern fence is welcome.
• $5 billion for border security is too expensive, but $1.5 trillion for “free” health care for illegals is not.
• If you cheat to get into college you go to prison, but if you cheat to get into the country you go to college for free.
• Politicians who say that the President is not above the law put illegal immigrants above the law.
• People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female President.
• Illegals don’t pay taxes, but they get tax refunds.
• We see other countries going Socialist and collapsing, and it seems like a great plan to us.
• Voter suppression is bad, but not allowing the President to be on the ballot is good.
• Fourth-of-July parades are bad, but parades of women dressed as vaginas are good.
• Some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, and other people are not held responsible for what they are doing right now.
• criminals are caught and released to hurt more people but stopping them is bad.
People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female President
This should be a bumper sticker
Best one yet hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Actually this one was my favorite:
• We see other countries going Socialist and collapsing, and it seems like a great plan to us.
Well, not ALL of us.