Now We’re Exporting our Heroes, Too?

Rather astounding story by Ron Radosh over at Pajamas Media:

The new statue of Martin Luther King, Jr. opened on the National Mall yesterday, with much hoopla as well as with much controversy. It was sculpted by a Chinese artist named Lei Yixin…

Denver based artist Ed Dwight, who was on the planning committee for the King memorial, was anything but happy. Dr. King, Dwight said,  “would be turning over in his grave if he knew that the artist who sculpted King was from a Communist country.” Others added that they thought King looked confrontational, and that his face looked Asian rather than American…

I’m not turning over in my grave, but only because I’m not dead yet.  If I were, I’d be spinning so fast that Earth would be knocked off its axis.  Why in heck as a Chinese artist chosen to sculpt an American icon?  Does someone want to assert to me that there wasn’t a single American artist capable of doing this?  For crying out loud – how the *%&*)@! did this happen?

The sculptor has made his living by carving statues of Mao…a brutal, in inhuman tyrant with the blood of tens of millions on his hands.  Now this toady of the Chinese communist Ruling Class has carved for us a “socialist realism” statue of one of our greatest Americans.  I am absolutely disgusted.  I want that statue blown up, the rubble put on a rocket and shot in to the sun – I don’t even want the materials used in that sculpture to exist in the world.  Get an American artist to sculpt King!

9 thoughts on “Now We’re Exporting our Heroes, Too?

1. Green Mountain Boy August 24, 2011 / 4:27 am

You wingnut!
    Next you will be saying you don’t want mao ornaments on the whitehouse christmas tree.
    At least MLK’s family got a nice chunk of taxpayer change.

2. Green Mountain Boy August 24, 2011 / 4:41 am

Dr King’s son, Martin Luther King III, has defended the outsourcing.

“I have seen probably 50 sculptures of my dad, and I would say 47 of them are not good reflections,” he said, to USA Today.”This particular artist: he has done a good job.”

I would say the same thing for $800,000.00.

• Mark Edward Noonan August 24, 2011 / 8:15 am

That is a bit nauseating, too…shows just how low we have fallen in some quarters.

• Green Mountain Boy August 24, 2011 / 8:44 am

Oh come on now Mark. If the gub’mint wanted to pay you eight hundred grand for the rights to your grandfathers likeness you wouldn’t take it?

3. js August 24, 2011 / 8:27 am

so why pay anybody for MLK’s words he made in a public speech…he is a national hero for cryin out loud…he has his own national holiday…we already pay federal employee’s salaries for taking MLK day off…is this nuts or what!!

• thomasg0102 August 24, 2011 / 8:54 pm

congrats to Romney for standing up to the fringe in his own party. I congratulate him and hope he wins the nomination.

4. Elder Nathanyel August 28, 2011 / 4:58 pm

Dr. King fulfilled bible prophecy according to Jeremiah 23:25 “I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
    [26] How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;”

At his end he stated “I fear I have integrated my people into a burning house”
    The people of the trans-atlantic slave trade are the Biblical children of Israel.