Out and About on a Thursday Morning

Just too many issues to write about and, as it turns out, I’m not feeling very well…bad headache, upset stomach.  Can’t explain it.  Haven’t listened to Obama talk for days.  But, since I’m not up to writing anything worth reading, here’s a few bits and pieces for you to ponder and discuss:

Fast and Furious:  Dead border patrol agent is “collateral damage“.

Shocking News:  Even Catholics have the right to free speech!  Who woulda thunk it?

Will the left’s rank anti-Semitism and growing alliance with Islamo-fascism finally propel American Jews in to the GOP?  Time will tell.

Conservative House GOPers kill continuing resolution – and a good job, too.  Democrats want more spending without cutting anywhere…our more weak kneed GOP leaders are willing to go along with it.  Hopefully the leadership will now listen and pass a bill with some genuine cuts in spending.

Cost of raising a child rises 40% in past decade.  Thanks, Federal Reserve!  We really appreciate the inflation!

Arab Spring Update:  Syria slides towards civil war while regional players angle to pick up the pieces.  Glad we don’t have that cowboy Bush in office…much better to have a President like Obama who will just let things fly out of control and allow our enemies to profit…

Not sure how much we should really put in to this, but one financial guy is saying we should watch the Hang Seng stock market…down 17.5% since August and he says it usually leads the rest of the markets…if this is the case, then the S&P (off 9% of late) has a lot further to go down.

Marines ticked off at brass which is more worried about careers than the needs of the Marines…it actually turns on what sort of underwear the Marines want to wear.  As for me:  any Jarhead can wear any kind of skivvies he chooses.  Why are our officers even worried about it?

Only 19% say the US is heading in the direction.  I figure that 19% reflects how many Americans have had three or more drinks on any given day the pollster calls.

From IMAO:

Come to think of it, Obama can still run on pretty much all the platforms he ran on in 2008: Close Gitmo. End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (and now also Libya). Turn around this horrible economy. End the incompetent, divisive leadership of the current president. Sucks to be the incumbent, huh?

Enjoy the day!

22 thoughts on “Out and About on a Thursday Morning

1. js September 22, 2011 / 10:54 am

hows about…most new jobs in texas…were filled by immigrants…

serious punch to both..obieOne and Perry….”Native-born Americans filled just 20 percent of the new jobs in Texas, the report says, even though “the native born accounted for 69 percent of the growth in Texas’ working-age population”

2. RetiredSpook September 22, 2011 / 12:33 pm

Haven’t listened to Obama talk for days. But, since I’m not up to writing anything worth reading………

That’s alright; Obama hasn’t said anything worth listening to.

As of a few minutes ago, the DJIA was off 432, coupled with -284 yesterday for a total of -716 in less than 30 hours. The main headline at MarketWatch this morning is “GLOBAL STOCKS AT A PRECIPICE”. Will this be the time it goes into free fall? I guess we’ll see.

• neocon1 September 22, 2011 / 3:33 pm

spook

we are sooo screwed and what does Ochimpy want to do?
      spend trillions more that we dont have.
      We are standing by and watching the destruction of our country by one man and his marxist party.

3. David September 22, 2011 / 3:26 pm

Hope you feel better soon.

4. Cluster September 22, 2011 / 3:45 pm

For the first time in my life, I am NOT proud of my country.

5. Green Mountain Boy September 22, 2011 / 4:10 pm

I am always proud of my country. This country is bigger and better than any politician or group of politicians, No politician, policy, regulation, or law can destroy the underlying principal of freedom and liberty that has been our basis since July 4 , 1776.

The country is not the problem. The politicians are. It is time for the people of this country to demand from politicians everything we demand from ourselves.

Pax Americana.

• Cluster September 22, 2011 / 5:20 pm

GMB,

That was a play of words off of what Michelle Obama said back in 2008.

6. Count d'Haricots September 22, 2011 / 4:22 pm

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is “needed” before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ “interests,” I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.

I want to hear this from the current crop of Republicans.

• Green Mountain Boy September 22, 2011 / 5:25 pm

And that was my response to her.

• Count d'Haricots September 22, 2011 / 7:31 pm

That’s a quote from the second political book I read (the first being God and Man at Yale).

• bardolf September 22, 2011 / 10:20 pm

A Barry Goldwater quote, that explains a lot.

• Count d'Haricots September 23, 2011 / 11:01 am

I was one of “Barry’s Boys.” Like Ron Paul, only sane.

• bardolf September 23, 2011 / 12:16 pm

LOL

Barry Goldwater is saner than Ron Paul!

• Count d'Haricots September 22, 2011 / 6:05 pm

Some from Column “A”
      & some from Column “B”

7. casper September 22, 2011 / 9:26 pm

Mark,
    No thread on the Republican debate? Have you given up already?

8. bardolf September 22, 2011 / 10:17 pm

“Puzzling results from Cern, home of the LHC, have confounded physicists — because it appears subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light. Neutrinos sent through the ground from Cern toward the Gran Sasso laboratory 732km away seemed to show up a few billionths of a second early. The results will soon be online to draw closer scrutiny to a result that, if true, would upend a century of physics. The lab’s research director called it ‘an apparently unbelievable result.”

Potentially the most interesting piece of news for the decade.

• casper September 22, 2011 / 10:34 pm

bardolf,
      The Cern results could change how we look at the Universe.

• bardolf September 22, 2011 / 10:53 pm

Casper

That’s what I’m excited about. To see a new era in physics, an extension of even Einstein’s genius to how the universe works.

When NASA smashed a probe into the moon and found a large deposit of water I thought it would get people excited about space again. It didn’t.

• dbschmidt September 22, 2011 / 11:40 pm

“smashed a probe into the moon” ??? What, was Snooki from Jersey Shore driving? 😉

• neocon1 September 23, 2011 / 1:16 pm

probably baldork in a drunken stupor.