From the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
…The actual substance of the Democratic the platform calls for billions in new taxes, pushes for the further expansion of government and encourages federal spending to increase substantially.
In fact, the Democratic platform recommends launching a number of new federal schemes and increasing the funding for many existing programs. Among the 21 new spending proposals included in the Democratic Party platform are:
• $453 billion over ten years to fund an expansive stimulus-like job creation scheme;
• $18.4 billion over ten years to get the transportation sector to buy into alternative fuels:
• $6.5 billion over five years for global food security and agriculture research;
• $5 billion in one-time funding for clean energy handouts;
• $5 billion in one-time funding to force the government into the broadband Internet business;
• $980 million over ten years for government-funded abortions (if taxpayers’ pay for 10 percent of abortions); and
• $45 million over five years to support American Indian and Alaska Native languages.
In total, the Democratic Party platform recommends $674.8 billion in additional federal spending over the next decade…
We’re already bankrupt – $16 trillion in official federal debt and probably a hundred trillion in un-funded mandates…and here come the Democrats with plans to just spend some more money we don’t have. These people are not in any way, shape or form connected with reality. They appear to believe that the gravy train can just keep on rolling along forever. Well, Democrats, it doesn’t work like that – you who are ensconced in your over-paid, over-benefitted government job might think that there’s an endless bucket of money, but there isn’t. If you some how manage to sucker the American people in to keeping you in power and you go on with your plans then you’ll find a day – and only a few years from now – when the government checks just stop coming because there’s no money left.
I don’t back Mitt Romney for the reasons you back Obama – you back Obama because government has become your religion and Obama is your high priest. I back Romney because he’s rational…he knows that we’re broke and unless we fundamentally change course, we’re doomed. The life or death of the United States hangs in the balance and you Democrats – in perfect keeping with your ultimate worldview – are voting for death. I vote for life, on all levels – Obama Must Go!