Well, the convention is over and it was a spectacle to be sure. Along with buttons that read “Once you vote black, you never go back”, we were witness to the following dysfunction:
– Delegates booing the forced inclusion of God back into the platform along with recognition of Jerusalem, which not only enraged the Jews but the Palestinians as well.
– DWS lying through her teeth which did not please Israel
– Health Sec. Kathleen Sebelius stating that prior to Obamacare, being a woman was a pre existing condition and that motherhood was a liability. I am sure that warms the hearts of many great mothers out there.
– Sandra Fluke stating that prior to forcing religious institutions to pay for abortifacients, women were lost in the wilderness of an oppressive society.
– Gov. Jennifer Granholm auditioning for Glee
– Joe Biden forgetting to speak in the past tense with respect to his father.
– And Mr. Obama hitting the replay button on his 2008 nomination speech absent the Greek columns and reverberation.
The convention truly did have all the elements of an NBC mini series complete with the maniacal red headed step sister, the crazy uncle, the drunk aunt, and the arrogant cousin, which was all set up by the MSNBC crew who began the morning celebrating alcohol from a bar. They really have coined a new definition for the term political “party”.