December 16th, 1944

Pause a moment to remember them…

8 thoughts on “December 16th, 1944

1. Bob1 December 16, 2012 / 12:50 am

I don’t need pictures from 68 years ago to be reminded of the fact that I am currently living on a “battlefield” and the war is all around me. When this war ended, I was naive enough to believe that peace would now cover the earth. But we haven’t yet learned how to implement that.

• neocon01 December 16, 2012 / 11:22 am

bubby

do you live in chi cago? or DC?
      I recommend you move to the burbs.

• Bob1 December 16, 2012 / 10:46 pm

The exact city in which I live doesn’t make any difference.Our world is a “battlefield” and the violence and hatred and abuse of people is everywhere, and there is no sanctuary, not even in the “burbs”.

• M. Noonan December 16, 2012 / 11:17 pm

Bob,

Ah, but just pause to remember them – they were brave men who did what they had to do under very hard circumstances…the victories won in WWII were not entirely fruitless and we can always pray for better as time goes on.

• dbschmidt December 16, 2012 / 11:40 pm

Bob1,

During these trying times (WWII) there were no rotations or contracts that guaranteed anything–you signed up for the full duration. God bless all of them–those that came home and those that paid the ultimate price.

Long stretch from today but even today’s soldiers go where no man wishes to tread. Does things that only God can forgive. I will always help a fellow soldier over the common man because I have brunt part of his nightmare. I can honestly say that I hate war because I have faced it–very few of the flower power or OWS shits can say the same.

• neocon01 December 17, 2012 / 6:50 pm

bub1

RUN Forrest RUN……….

2. Retired Spook December 16, 2012 / 10:19 am

Whenever I hear the President or any politician say that everyone must sacrifice for something, I think of this battle, where nearly 20,000 Americans gave their lives and another 60,000 were wounded, missing in action or captured in the cause of freedom. “Sacrificing” by lowering one’s standard of living or by paying a “little” more in taxes so that the government can continue to spend obscene amounts of money belittles the word “sacrifice”.

• neocon01 December 16, 2012 / 11:07 am

Spook

now we have kenyan, commies in the white hut appointing coward, traitor, frauds to high govt places…how far we have fallen.

——————————————————————————————

Here is to all those tough, brave, kick ass MEN who fought this epic battle and prevailed.

This is to my ole buddy George who fought in this battle, but lost the final one to cancer last year.
      One of the spry est, funniest,, god natured, Italian characters from new “joisey” I ever met. a real nut,but everybody loved him.