George H.W. Bush in Intensive Care

From Pajamas Media:

Former President George H.W. Bush has been moved into the intensive care unit, a family spokesman said.

Bush was originally admitted to a Houston hospital on Nov. 23 for a bronchitis-like cough, which has mostly gone away. But the 88-year-old has had a fever that has not only hung on, but has been rising.

“Following a series of setbacks including a persistent fever, President Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit at Methodist Hospital on Sunday where he remains in guarded condition,” family spokesman Jim McGrath said…

No worries for President Bush – at 88 he’s lived the full life; given what I know of the man, he’s certainly not at all worried for himself.  But my prayers for his family and friends during this trying time.

8 thoughts on “George H.W. Bush in Intensive Care

1. Amazona December 26, 2012 / 10:38 pm

We should all hope to approach our last days with such a remarkable life behind us, with such a full and admirable history, and surrounded by such a loving family. George H.W. Bush can leave this life with pride in what he has accomplished and faith in what lies ahead.

• Jeremiah December 26, 2012 / 10:43 pm

And I’ll second that, Amazona. George raised two good boys, and led a life to match. God bless George and his two boys and their families…and Lord willing, grant him a speedy recovery!

• Amazona December 26, 2012 / 11:32 pm

Actually, George and Barbara had six children, one of whom died at an early age of leukemia. George W. Bush writes about the impact the death of his sister, Robin, had on him as a young boy.

There are four boys—George W., Jeb, Marvin and Neil—and a sister, Dorothy.

• Jeremiah December 27, 2012 / 1:03 am

Hmm, I didn’t know about the other three siblings, I only knew about George and Jeb.

• Jeremiah December 27, 2012 / 1:04 am

Or four, rather.

2. rustybrown2012 December 27, 2012 / 2:36 am

Good luck George. May the best be with ye.

• neocon01 December 27, 2012 / 8:56 am

May you be in heaven 1/2 hour before the devil knows you’re dead.

Wish the best for a good man and a great family.

3. ricorun December 28, 2012 / 12:00 am

GHW Bush is among the best of the best in every category that counts — war hero, statesman, administrator, husband, father… and president. With respect to the latter, he’s the only one in my lifetime I voted for twice. And I did it both times willingly and positively (which is to say that I voted FOR him as opposed to voting against the other guy). He’s a great man, and my prayers go out to him and his family.