Campaigning Against the Consultants

There is a strong and valid argument to be made against our political consulting class – and at CPAC, a lot was said against them.  From NRO’s The Corner:

Here at CPAC, it’s evident that in the aftermath of the devastating November election conservatives are turning not on the losing candidates — Mitt Romney, for one, was warmly received –  but on the people who ran their campaigns. With an eye to 2014 elections, some conservatives and tea partiers are pushing a new solution: Down with the consultants.

In an interview with NRO, Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots, blasted the professional political class, decrying “any consultant who thinks that they can come into a state and say, ‘this is who you need to have as your representative and we’re going to make sure that person is elected.’”

“That is the antithesis of what we’ve been talking about in this whole entire movement,” she said. “We want limited government. That means we don’t want Washington, D.C., making laws that limit how we live our lives, and we sure don’t want people from Washington, D.C. — consultants — telling us who is going to represent us.”

The rage reached its height during a panel on Thursday entitled “Should We Shoot All the Consultants Now?” During the discussion, Democratic pollster Pat Caddell ranted against campaign consultants, saying, “they’re in the business in the lining of their pockets and preserving their power.”…

Which is very true, but not the whole story.  Professional campaign consultants can have a very important role to play – how to jump through the legal hoops; how to fund raise; how to get the message out through traditional and new media.  But the problem is that consultants have taken over what the campaigns say and where they say it.  They are telling the candidates to not spend time or money in some areas because they are strongly Democrat; they are telling the candidates to stay away from this or that issue because it will result in negative press.  What they don’t understand is that the reason some areas are strongly Democrat is partially because the GOP hasn’t done any campaigning in there.  What they don’t understand is that the sort of statements which might cause an MSM firestorm to erupt are precisely the sort of things which fire up the base and convince a doubting electorate that, just maybe, this candidate isn’t a tool of the Ruling Class.

My view is that last year Romney should have headed for Pennsylvania in the flush aftermath of the first debate – Obama and the Democrats were rocked on their heels and a sudden splurge in that State (as well as other blue States which elect GOP governors/senators) would have thrown them in to panic – and people in a panic make gigantic mistakes.  When gasoline prices in Los Angeles hit $5 a gallon, Romney should have done a campaign rally in front of a Los Angeles gas station.  These actions would not necessarily be with a mind towards winning California or Pennsylvania – but of firing up the base (including the base in States where we won’t win – because that generates donations and volunteers who can work in other States); of going in to their backyard and planting our flag; of showing the nation that we’re in it to win the whole ball of wax.  I ask:  if Romney had done such things, would he have gotten fewer votes?  I doubt it.  Still might have lost – but it would have been closer…and certainly a more fun, energizing and even if lost a successful campaign…because we would have sown seeds in areas where the GOP has been absent for decades.

As I said in the immediate aftermath of our loss, we have to start getting in to the blue areas – and professional campaign consultants simply will not allow that.  And so the consultants have to be shoved aside and kept to what they are good at:  fund raising, hoop jumping, etc.  The campaign, itself, has to be the product of the candidate and his more ardent supporters.  Let’s face some facts here, boys and girls:  as long as we resign California and New York to the Democrats, we’re always going to have a hard time winning the White House.  And do pay attention – Democrats have started to work on turning Texas blue.  Say it can’t be done?  Just watch them – and even if it doesn’t work, its going to force us to spend time and effort locking down part of our electoral base.  We simply must do it to them, as well.
As we head towards 2014 and 2016, all rule books must be thrown out.  Everything must be on the table – no corner of the Great Republic must be signed off to the Democrats.  Don’t play it safe – in fact, play it as dangerous as possible.  Tens of millions of people didn’t vote in 2012…lets go get them, and bury liberalism forever.

88 thoughts on “Campaigning Against the Consultants

1. Jeremiah March 17, 2013 / 4:35 am

Why are they worried about Texas? They have the entire country in their pocket! Sheesh!

We don’t have time for elections…they’ll get re-elected in a heartbeat!

2. GMB March 17, 2013 / 7:22 am

Down with the consultants. Down with the establishment rnc. Down with the people who have spent thirty years in the halls of power and have done jack to secure our freedoms. Down with the establishment who refuse to defund even the tiniest of proggie programs.

And a special down with to those who continue to urge others to vote for these yahoos.

3. Cluster March 17, 2013 / 7:31 am

I am 100% on board with you Mark. I not only think we need to attack their base, we need to attack their message, their results, and them personally if needed. Nothing is off limits. As Obama said in 2008 – get in their face and argue, and I am up for the task. California is an absolute liberal hell hole and I hear that often, from a lot of people I know who live there and yet the GOP succeeds the state year in and year out by not fighting for it.

BTW, did everyone get a chance to read Mitch’s irrational screed against Palin yesterday on the previous thread? That can’t be healthy. It blows my mind how obsessed liberals are with that woman, and the detailed list of personal and professional attacks Mitch levied against her are a great example of the deranged hatred they have towards any conservative, particularly conservative minorities and conservative women.

Also, is everyone now finally aware of Dr. Ben Carson? What an amazing man. I hope he has a hand in shaping our message and policies going forward.

• mitchethekid March 17, 2013 / 6:08 pm

I don’t paint all conservatives with a broad brush. There are many I agree with, just not the fanatical extremists who peddle fear and resentment. The fact that Palin is a woman has zero to do with why I despise her. Let me give you an example. Of all the speakers at this yrs CPAC, she was the only one who required a teleprompter. The only one. She then droned on with a series of cringe inducing one-liners including one mocking the Presidents use of same. It is truly spectacular. BTW, the soda she was waiving around with the bendy straw was NOT one of the ones Bloomberg tried to get reduced in size. And failed. Her lack of awareness and her pride in it is truly something to behold. But I would be interested in knowing what leadership qualities you see in her, if in fact you do and you are just not reflexively defending her.
      Did you watch the entire Real Time this week? Do you watch regularly?

• Cluster March 17, 2013 / 6:22 pm

I am not defending Palin, nor am I a supporter. I simply find it weird that people like you obsess over her and not just professionally. You actually take glee in personally attacking her children and husband. It’s diabolical.

I wouldn’t watch a full episode of Real Time with Bill Maher if I was chained to a bench with toothpicks in my eyes (kind of a Clockwork Orange reference). Maher is perhaps one of the dumbest SOB’s I can think of. Obama is a close second.

• Amazona March 17, 2013 / 6:57 pm

Does ANYONE watch Maher? Regularly or not? The few moments of him I catch while on my way to something worthwhile and decent serve only to prove me right when I identify him as not only stupid but blatantly dishonest and completely toxic. I don’t believe anyone can seek out his show without being indifferent to truth and in love with spite and malice.

As we see in the pathetic attack on Palin. Not on her political philosophy, you understand, but because SHE USED A TELEPROMPTER !!! Oh, if only that were a disqualifier! It would have saved us so much misery and money.

Just curious—just how does mitche know she is the only one who did use a teleprompter? Did Billy Boy tell him, in one of his spittle-flying exhibitions of utter insanity? I’ve been to two CPAC conventions and when I was there everyone used a teleprompter.

But mitche goes for the really significant, doesn’t he? His inability to spell the simple “waved” is supposed to be overlooked, but his claim that Palin was holding the wrong kind of drink cup seems to have made quite an impression on him. I guess we can see what matters to mitche.

Sadly, entirely too many Americans—about half, based on the last election—make the most important of decisions as Americans based on nothing more substantial than mitche’s fretting about the superficial. But then that is all he can grasp, so of course that is all that matters. He DESPISES Palin. He savages Palin. But he loves Maher. What more do we need to know about mitche?

• 02casper March 17, 2013 / 8:09 pm

Interesting responces neither which answered Mitchet’s question:

“But I would be interested in knowing what leadership qualities you see in her, if in fact you do and you are just not reflexively defending her.”

• Cluster March 17, 2013 / 8:12 pm

Casper,

• 02casper March 17, 2013 / 8:19 pm

“Cluster March 17, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

Casper,

I answered Mitch when I told him that I wasn’t a supporter. Good Lord Cap, for the sake of the children in Wyoming, please retire.”

That wasn’t really an answer and to be honest, I have no plans on retiring for a long long time. I like what I’m doing and I’m good at it.

• Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 1:24 am

I would be interested in knowing what leadership qualities you see in her

If she were President she would cut taxes that Obama has raised. She would restore many of the freedoms that we have lost under Obama. She would protect and defend marriage. She would defend the unborn. And a whole lot more I’m sure. Many things that I cannot think of, but that are great ideas for the country, I’m sure.

However, she’s not running for President. But she is doing a great job of advancing causes for conservatism, inspiring people to be Conservative She also, having a son with down-syndrome is raising awareness to, and finding ways to help those with down-syndrome. And I think that’s wonderful!

She’s definitely a good woman, but I don’t think she’ll ever run for President. Too many people out there have a bitter hatred for her, and spread many false and misleading ideas about her. I think she is happy where she’s at doing her own thing meeting with those she likes to meet with, going to CPAC and other events.

• Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 3:19 am

About the teleprompter thing.

She just wrote a few words on her hand. And chastised for that?

Well, Obama, he’s still the second coming of Christ to all the Mitches that bow down to him.

• 01canadianobserver March 18, 2013 / 7:14 am

———————————————————————————

Palin is not being attacked for using a teleprompter, Amazona; she is being attacked for using a teleprompter ,herself, while deriding the President for doing the same. Her hypocritical behavior may endear her in your eyes but to others it just plain nasty and goes to show her lack of self-awareness, something you may have in common.

• Cluster March 18, 2013 / 8:49 am

Her hypocritical behavior is what you object to Canadian? Is that right? Tell me then what you think of Obama and his attempt to paint the sequester as a GOP idea, and something of which would lead to economic chaos.

I am really interested in hearing your objection to that hypocrisy.

• 01canadianobserver March 18, 2013 / 10:15 am

Cluster
        March 18, 2013 at 8:49 am #
        ————————————————–

Hypocrisy is abhorrent no matter where it comes from, Cluster. Don’t you think so?

• neocon01 March 18, 2013 / 9:41 am

catspuke

and I’m good at it.

hope you are referring to basket weaving.

• Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 10:46 pm

And speaking of Palin’s efforts to raise awareness for those with down-syndrome. I saw a report a day or two ago where North Dakota has passed a law that bans abortion based on down-syndrome. This is great! It shows she is reaching people!

• Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 10:48 pm

On the flip-side, however, the irony is that, those without down-syndrome are not included in the ban.

• M. Noonan March 17, 2013 / 9:33 pm

Cluster,

They hate Palin because she’s a threat to their world view. They are now starting to hate Carson for the same reason. And its why they hate Rubio and Cruz….they’ll find it in their hearts to hate anyone who doesn’t go in to the boxes they’ve made for them.

• neocon01 March 18, 2013 / 12:46 pm

Mark

like on this site 99% of those haters are atheists, Heck they Bood God when his name was re installed in their DNC platform.
        The more spiritual the person the more venom and hate they spew.

4. Cluster March 17, 2013 / 7:40 am

Rand Paul wins the stew poll, with Rubio a close second:

Hellelujah! Folks, I think the days of McCain, McConnell, and the establishment RNC are just about over and I know that will excite GMB, and it does me as well. We need young, smart, common sense, well spoken conservatives who are not afraid to take the fight to liberals and I think we have just that in people like Paul, Rubio, Cruz, Carson, Palin, West, etc.

Our best days are ahead.

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 11:45 am

OT

HAPPY St.Paddys day for all you Irishmen and the wanna bees….:) 🙂

went a great party yesterday, a local Irish bar…huge tent in the parking lot KICK AZZ band ………….The BLACK HONKIES (band)……..were the highlighters. Five bands all together….but the BH were absolutely GREAT.

We had to teach our Asian & Hispanic buds how to be Irish, the (polish) Princess handled that in her usual spectacular way, a great time was had by all.
      Going to the American Legion today right on the water, Tiki bar and a band…..73 degrees will ride the Iron Horse today…..

• Amazona March 17, 2013 / 6:39 pm

Thank you for correctly calling it “Saint PADDY’S Day”. I am so sick of people calling it “Saint Patty’s Day”. Patty is a woman’s name, while Paddy is a nickname for Patrick.

We got up to 70 the other day but I knew I might be driving home later in the day so Ruby stayed in the garage. She needs a new soft top and the hard top is off for good, so till I get her in for some sprucing up she is in a time out for a few more weeks.

5. 02casper March 17, 2013 / 11:39 am

I’m betting that both Texas and Arizona will be battleground states next election. Nevada and Colorado will be solidly blue and Clinton will win in a landslide.

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 11:46 am

Clinton will win in a landslide.

there are enough of you Morons and Lo Fo’s to cheat her in………

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 12:17 pm

Moderator……..

OK
        I was chastised last week for using B arack H usseins initials (BH) because they can also mean “B ath H ouse”……..I face a dilemma….

Our local band is named B lack H onkies which is also BH…and THAT name really fits the bill for obama ….so how will you know if I refer to him as BH which version am I talking about? Or are all dis allowed?
        Personally I like the Black Honkey (BH) over Bath House (BH) and Barack Hussein (BH) …:)

please clarify as I am a rule abiding dude……

You may think of yourself as a rule abiding dude but you have a history here of playing games with the rules such as using asterisks (****) to fill in letters in words you have been told not to use. We have consulted several times about the tone of this blog when you are allowed to indulge in homosexual slurs and comments racial comments etc. If you want to use initials to refer to Obama use BHO as others do and please do not bother us again with complaints excuses or efforts to get around responsibility for what you write. You provide just enough legitimate content to allow you to continue posting but there have been times we have discussed banning you completely. I think you know exactly what you do and you enjoy the juvenile game of stretching the rules and trying to get away with as much as you can. We are tired of it and now we just delete offensive posts. No more explanations and no more warnings. Keep it up and someday all your posts will be removed. //Moderator

• Cluster March 17, 2013 / 12:08 pm

Casper,

Just curious as to what you like best about Democrat rule – high gas prices, higher taxes, higher unemployment, more people out of the work force, more people on disability, more people on food stamps, low GDP, and foreign enemies getting stronger. And why do you think voters will rush to polls to reward the Democrats for those conditions?

It seems a little odd to me.

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 12:18 pm

Simple…….47% PAY NO fed TAXES.
        OPM and porch monkeys go hand in hand.

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 12:22 pm

Drudge

GALLUP: OBAMA 47%…

Bozell Blasts GOP Leaders: ‘You Are Not What You Promised To Be’…

Coulter rips Rubio, ‘endless Bushes’ on immigration…

Palin Takes a Big Gulp…

…calls president a liar

Cruz: ‘Count Me a Proud Wacko Bird’…

RNC TO SPEND $10 MILLION TO REACH MINORITIES…

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 12:26 pm

ROTFLMAO…..

Coulter: Republicans ‘Pissed Away’ Senate Races ‘Through Narcissism, Greed or Stupidity’

On Chris Christie and the sequester: “Even CPAC had to cut back on speakers this year by about 300 pounds…

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 12:55 pm

OMG….REALLY???

Boehner says he ‘absolutely’ trusts Obama

• neocon01 March 17, 2013 / 1:42 pm

Jeb Bush Beats the Drum for Inclusion and Acceptance at CPAC
        March 16, 2013
        Another lecture on Big Tent conservatism.

give it a break jeb you reached the Peter Principle when you were gov.

• 02casper March 18, 2013 / 7:17 pm

amazona,

“Oh, that’s right—casper coyly says gun control is “gaining support”. What, from 5% to 6%?”

More like 56%. Google gun control polls and you will find a number of others.

“cappy carefully says “a number of people” disagree with me. Well, 2 is a number, and a billion is a number.”

Now I’ve provided a poll. Do you need more or are you still convinced that you speak for everyone except me?

• Amazona March 19, 2013 / 8:38 pm

casper, are you truly as stupid as you sound? You keep making comments that are either based in profound stupidity or bone-deep dishonesty.

Where, exactly, have I said that I speak for everyone but you?

Now that I look at that statement again, I see that stupidity and lying are not mutually exclusive in your case, as the statement is both a lie and so transparently a lie that you have to be profoundly stupid to even try to get away with it.

Even in Wyoming, if you carefully select your polling area, such as Jackson, you can find a lot of people who are quite happy with the idea of overruling the 2nd Amendment. In Colorado, there are parts of Denver, and Boulder and Vail, where you can find the same giddy Lib indifference to Constitutional law. Even you must understand that.

Yes, there has been a lot of hysteria following the massacre in Connecticut. And yes, there has been a mild stampede of panicked sheeple into the delusion that the problem is guns, not the people who use them. It’s what we expect, these days, from the Lib side of the fence. After all, people who can believe that Mitt Romney had a plan to DENY ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE FOR WOMEN !!! are stupid and gullible enough to believe anything.

The leaders of the Left have been quite successful in shifting attention away from the question of how best to govern the nation—–a question, if considered seriously, would put them at a severe disadvantage—to the more emotionally attractive topics of what gay people should be able to call their relationships, or if it is unfair to ask adult women to pass up a venti vanilla latte once a month so they can pay for their own birth control. These Leftist leaders have their fingers on the pulse of the low-information, lazy, poorly educated American public, and read you very well.

I already know that some of the parents of students at your school know how stupid you are. I just wonder if they know how dishonest you are.

• Amazona March 17, 2013 / 6:35 pm

casper, your determination to double down on silly is simply astounding.

Do tell, please, just why the Dem legislators in Colorado will win reelection in any but the bluest of central Denver and Boulder, after voting for that abomination of a gun magazine bill. No one here believes that they can overcome this stupidity and whorish acquiescence to national Dem agendas.

I’ll be surprised if Joe Salazar has a chance of reelection after his WAR ON WOMEN !!!!!!!! comment that all women need for defense against rape is a whistle and a nearby call box.

You are proof of this. All you ever do is prattle on about this issue or that issue, completely ignoring the actual point of the federal elections, which is or at least should be about how best to govern the nation.

And now you come up with this cockamamie theory that somehow the Hildebeast can overcome her own party’s distaste for her, general Clinton fatigue, and the mess she made of the Benghazi incident, to “win in a landslide”.

You’re starting to make me think fracking water MIGHT be getting into the water supply in Casper—if they are fracking with hallucinogens.

• 02casper March 17, 2013 / 7:23 pm

amazona,

“Do tell, please, just why the Dem legislators in Colorado will win reelection in any but the bluest of central Denver and Boulder, after voting for that abomination of a gun magazine bill.

The Democrat legislators will win because after the various mass shootings gun regulation is gaining popularity with the public.

“No one here believes that they can overcome this stupidity and whorish acquiescence to national Dem agendas.”

Maybe no one in your little circle, but I know a number of people that disagree with you.

“If the Republican candidates can learn from past mistakes and campaign on government instead of issues the Left will not stand a chance.”

Except they won’t learn from their mistakes. They will continue to make take positions on social issues that are becoming more and more unpopular with the population at large.

Hillary Clinton is one of the most popular politicians in the country right now as is her husband. She would have both Bill’s support and Obama’s in a presidential campaign and would have a united party behind her. Republicans will go through another nasty primary and end up picking someone half the party hates. Oh, and nobody outside of your party cares about Benghazi now. It certainly won;’t be an issue four years from now.

• Cluster March 17, 2013 / 7:34 pm

Do you see the irony in that statement Casper? Just beautiful. And you’re a teacher.

I find it a little amazing that liberals just breeze past Hillary’s incompetence, and complete dishonesty when it comes to the death of four Americans including an ambassador. Proving once again that liberals like Casper really don’t give a shit about this country so long as their social agenda is moving forward.

Hillary is as bone deep stupid and incompetent as Obama is, but will ensure that America remains mired in mediocrity which means people like Casper will remain relevant. At the end of the day, that is all that mattes to Casper.

• Cluster March 17, 2013 / 7:51 pm

Yes, a Huffington Post poll has me worried. Hillary should be indicted and put on trial for dereliction of duty, yet you want her to be president, proving once again that you have shit for brains.

And your circle jerk of brain dead friends are hardly a good sample group.

• M. Noonan March 17, 2013 / 9:40 pm

Casper,

As I recall, Hillary was the “sure thing” in 2008, as well. She’s already 65 and will be 69 on election day, 2016…as old as Reagan, so that isn’t necessarily prohibitive, but its certainly an issue. As well is the issue that she’s very much yesterday’s news. She’s polling well right now because the Benghazi coverup has so far spared her any trouble and thus for the past four years she’s managed to make no one mad at her. But, she’s a Clinton – and the wellsprings of opposition to that name run broad and deep in the United States. When you match her up with her 100% name recognition against any possible GOPer – some of whom probably aren’t even recognized by more than 10-15% of the electorate – of course she’s going to poll well.

Now, can she win? Certainly. Would it be a landslide? If Obama couldn’t get one in either try, then I doubt very much she will, either. And while a good Democrat plan would make inroads in Texas and Arizona, Hillary Clinton won’t ever be the person to turn those States blue…and especially as we’re back in recession, already, and its just going to get worse, the hardest thing for whomever runs on the Democrat side will be separating themselves from Obama’s failed Presidency…and Hillary as Obama’s SecState for four years will have a much harder time doing that than, say, Cuomo of New York.

• 02casper March 17, 2013 / 10:31 pm

Mark,
        “Casper,

As I recall, Hillary was the “sure thing” in 2008, as well. She’s already 65 and will be 69 on election day, 2016…as old as Reagan, so that isn’t necessarily prohibitive, but its certainly an issue. ”

Which still makes her younger than McCain four years ago.

“As well is the issue that she’s very much yesterday’s news. She’s polling well right now because the Benghazi coverup has so far spared her any trouble and thus for the past four years she’s managed to make no one mad at her.”

She just spent the last four years as Sec. of State and there was no Benghazi coverup. She is still big news and has the next 3 1/2 years to run.

“Now, can she win? Certainly. Would it be a landslide? If Obama couldn’t get one in either try, then I doubt very much she will, either.”

Of course you also predicted that both McCain and Romney would win, while I predicted Obama both times.

“the hardest thing for whomever runs on the Democrat side will be separating themselves from Obama’s failed Presidency”

Except it hasn’t been a failure, other wise he wouldn’t have been reelected.

• 02casper March 17, 2013 / 10:42 pm

Mark,
        It should also be noted that the demographics are changing, and not in your favor. I don’t see republicans doing anything that’s going to appeal to the majority of the voters in the next three years.

• M. Noonan March 17, 2013 / 10:49 pm

Casper,

Demographics are changing! We’re becoming a transgendered person of color differently abled immigrant culture…so, old, white conservatives are doomed, DOOMED I tell ya!!!

Yeah, whatever…the debate hasn’t even started yet…and if you think you can hold, say, African-Americans once we start actually campaigning among them, then you’re nuts. Do you really think that sucking up to Jesse Jackson and providing welfare will really keep black people from voting GOP once we get in there and start telling them who we really are and what we really want to do? Please save the political analysis which holds that I must kowtow to the 1% who actually care enough about gay marriage to vote on the issue…I’m going for a majority, thanks very much.

As for Hillary – there was and remains a massive cover up, which does extend to the Oval Office. And it will come out – just as soon as the other Democrats who want to be President start primary campaigning against both Biden and Hillary. All of a sudden, shocked headlines about what really happened in Benghazi…

Oh, and the test of success is not getting re-elected: FDR was re-elected, even though his policies did zero to so much as ameliorate the Great Depression…some times, slick marketing and an unsteady opposition is all you need.

• 02casper March 17, 2013 / 11:01 pm

Mark,
        “Yeah, whatever…the debate hasn’t even started yet…and if you think you can hold, say, African-Americans once we start actually campaigning among them, then you’re nuts.”

Please campaign as much as you want. I doubt you will change a lot of minds. You need to attract minorities, women, and the younger vote to win. How are you going to do that?

• M. Noonan March 17, 2013 / 11:36 pm

casper,

That is where you’re doomed – you want “racial minorities”. I want all of those of my fellow Americans who think our public schools suck – a lot of these people happen to black, white, Latino, what have you. I want all those of my fellow Americans who think that marriage is between one man and one woman – a lot of these people happen to be black, white, Latino, what have you. I want all those of my fellow Americans who think that the people on the local level should decide how the government money gets spent, rather than bureaucrats at Town Hall, State Capital or DC – a lot of these people happen to be black, white Latino, what have you.

To our great distress, we signed off large segments of the population – but now we’re going to go everywhere and tell everyone what we believe. Will this get us 50% of the black vote in 2016? No. But even 20% destroys you – that’s right, casper, you can get 8 in 10 African American voters and we’ll crush your party at the polls in a landslide of epic proportions. Latinos – will we get more than 50% in 2016? No. But even 40% destroys you – that’s right, casper, you can get 6 in 10 Latino voters and we’ll crush your party at the polls in a landslide of epic proportions.

• Amazona March 18, 2013 / 11:35 am

“There is no Benghazi coverup.”

This statement alone tells us how much of the RRL Koolaid poor casper has chugged.

Nah, no coverup at all. Just LOOK at all the detailed information we have been given about what happened, who knew what, who said what, who did what, etc.

Obama was told but he wasn’t told but he was kinda told but maybe no one told him but the White House knew but Obama didn’t. The attack was viewed in real time from a drone camera but there were no drones around but it wasn’t really viewed in real time but maybe it was but it was not in the White House but it was in the Situation Room. The people on the ground asked for help but they didn’t ask for help, people were told to “stand down” but no they weren’t.

I am not sure just where, outside NYC and maybe San Francisco, there is “popular support” for gun control. So far at least one Colorado sheriff has publicly stated he will not enforce the new laws. Oh, that’s right—casper coyly says gun control is “gaining support”. What, from 5% to 6%?

cappy carefully says “a number of people” disagree with me. Well, 2 is a number, and a billion is a number. This coy parsing of words to try to convey the impression of a large number of people is typical cappy silliness.

casper is a Liberal because the superficial “issues” used by the movement as bait have sucked him in, and he lacks the intelligence or integrity to look beyond the issues to the real core of the movement, which is its position on how to govern the nation. Being an intellectual lightweight driven by blind emotion, he floats along on the surface, smug in the assumed moral superiority of supporting “fairness” and “equality”, while being duped for his vote.

• 02casper March 18, 2013 / 7:06 pm

Mark,
        “We’re going there, casper…we’re going to go in to those blue hell holes your side has created and offer them something different.”

Does that mean that you or any of the other conservatives will be going into neighborhoods in blue states? Or are you going to hire someone else to do it. Personally, I don’t mind going down to Colorado to GOTV. Are you and the rest of the conservatives willing to do the same?

• M. Noonan March 18, 2013 / 11:33 pm

Casper,

Yes we will – and we’ll be doing it with an engraved invitation from genuine community leaders in those areas…the single moms who are working and keeping their kids in schools; the small businessmen who aren’t juiced in at city hall; the youth who aren’t out there trying to be junior-league gang bangers…they are already, in effect, asking us to come to the blue wasteland…and we’re going there.

6. mitchethekid March 17, 2013 / 8:53 pm

Here is how I know Palin used a teleprompter. The link includes a picture.

What exactly is Palin’s political philosophy Ama? And quit the spelling police force, OK?

Maher has been on TV for ~ 20 yrs so apparently he has a wide and consistent appeal.

And as far as Palin’s children go, it’s tough to complain about the “media” intruding in their lives when they clamor for attention via their own “reality” shows, appearing on DWTS, make spectacle’s of themselves and were paraded around like props. Bristol was addicted to attention and then complained when she got it. Fortunately, she’s faded. I can just imagine what the right would have said if a democratic candidate or elected official had an unwed pregnant teenage daughter. And then exploited both the pregnancy and the child for financial gain.

• Cluster March 17, 2013 / 9:05 pm

Maher definitely has wide appeal. In fact I think everyone that watches Jerry Springer tunes in regularly. And Mitch, you’re the only one obsessed with others personal lives around here. Who cares what the “right” would have done or not had the roles been reversed? That hardly justifies yours, and the medias bizarre obsession. You act like a child.

And if telelprompters bother you, please tell us of your displeasure with Obama’s repeated use.

• Amazona March 18, 2013 / 11:40 am

mitche, do try to keep up.

Here is what I said: “Just curious—just how does mitche know she is the only one who did use a teleprompter? ”

Not “did she use a teleprompter” but Just curious—just how does mitche know she is the only one who did use a teleprompter?

And, as Jeremiah pointed out, she also got slammed when she delivered another speech, flawlessly, with only a few words jotted down on her hand as notes.

Everything mitche says about Palin illustrates his pettiness, his dependence on the superficial, and his need for spite and malice.

The same need that drives him to watch Maher, who by the way has and always has had a very limited audience and who can only make it on a small and limping cable station, appealing to a small and hate-driven audience.

7. mitchethekid March 17, 2013 / 11:02 pm

I have no problem with using a prompter. I am merely pointing out the absurdity of using one to complain about someone else using one. The implication is that one has to be stupid to use one in the first place. The fact is, for the past 4+ yrs the woman has made a career out of petty resentments, depthless bumper sticker phrases and drawing attention to herself. All the while insinuating that she is every bit as intelligent and qualified as those she feebly tries to excoriate. This is not the behavior of an experienced politician but rather an angry, disturbed person.
    As far as Jerry Springer, I would say that his audience is a perfect match for the Palin clan. Maher is a social satirist, has a grasp of issues and is articulate. He also does a great job of having guests that have different view points. In addition, he admits that he is a comedian first and makes no excuses for it.
    But all of this talk about Palin is academic and pointless. Her zenith was the ’08 convention and she has no desire to run for anything. Except to maybe be a guest on Springer’s show. When she stops making an ass out of herself in public, I will stop pointing out the obvious and asking questions. In the meantime; as all public figures, she’s fair game.

• Cluster March 18, 2013 / 1:37 am

For a minute there I thought you were talking about Nancy Pelosi. As Amazona pointed out – your obsession with Palin and support for Maher is all we need to know about you.

• mitchethekid March 18, 2013 / 10:12 am

And what is that exactly? That I enjoy watching Real Time? That I think Palin is a fraud who mouths simplistic platitudes to a very narrow minority and does it in a highly caustic, divisive manner? Mistaking resentment for insight? Yeah. And she claimed that Paul Revere was warning the British.

• Cluster March 18, 2013 / 10:28 am

That I think Palin Obama is a fraud who mouths simplistic platitudes to a very narrow minority and does it in a highly caustic, divisive manner? – Mitch

There I fixed it for you.

You’re a joke Mitch, and what’s really funny is that you don’t even realize how insanely hypocritical and mindless you are.

• Amazona March 19, 2013 / 9:48 am

mitche whimpers about “platitudes” yet is all for the empty suit whose presidential campaigns were nothing BUT platitudes—“HOPE AND CHANGE” ring a bell? WAR ON WOMEN ????

mitche is a prime example of the TMZ approach to politics, which feeds his innate need to hate and passes right by the need to decide how to govern our nation.

• Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 5:29 am

she’s fair game.

Well, that’s all fine and dandy.

You’re continuing to berate her, however, doesn’t define who she is; and she knows that. She isn’t concerned one iota about what you or any of the rest like Maher and others think of her.

You and your bud Maher are looking for a reward for your efforts desiring to destroy Conservatives and Christians.

I assure you, you will get your reward. And soon enough. And though you wail and moan…there will be no relief.

• neocon01 March 18, 2013 / 8:04 am

You KNOW Palin is spot on just by the way she sends the dogs howling at the moon.

• mitchethekid March 18, 2013 / 10:23 am

I assure you Jeremiah that I am not interested in destroying anyone. What I want is accountability. It is a cop-out when someone makes outrageous and easily disprovable statements and then when called on them, immediately claims that they are being persecuted because they are conservative or christian or both. Free speech does not give one the right to yell fire in a theater. And I don’t need to define her. She’s been doing a grand job of that all by herself.

• Cluster March 18, 2013 / 10:33 am

It is a cop-out when someone makes outrageous and easily disprovable statements and then when called on them, immediately claims that they are being persecuted because they are conservative or christian or both. – Mitch

You REALLY need to learn the first rule of holes my man. You just keep digging and digging.

Let’s discuss outrageous and easily disprovable statements, and then why called out, blame others.

– How about the sequester being a GOP idea and then destroying Bob Woodward for pointing it out.

– How about going on a national tour decrying the horrors of the sequester only to downplay the impact once it’s passed?

– How about blaming Benghazi on a youtube video only to jump up and down and say that you called it a terrorist act on day, when in fact you didn’t, and then blaming others for not realizing it

These are just recent examples from the your beloved POS Obama in just the last couple of months.

• Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 1:06 pm

Her actions are in sharp contradiction to the many lies and garbage that you have posted about her. History will prove that she is not the person you and other liberals have painted her.

I tell you, Mitche, Satan has you where he wants you, and you are sucking down every last drop of poison that he pours into you. And then you try to get me to believe the same clap-trap that he has filled you with. Like I say, your reward is coming, and is coming soon enough.

• neocon01 March 18, 2013 / 1:07 pm

bmitch

What I want is accountability.

like……
        1. birth cert.
        2. passport
        3. SS number.
        4.name change.
        5. law license revocation (his & hers)
        6. drug use.
        7. orientation.

• Amazona March 18, 2013 / 11:45 am

Yeah, that’s another thing I have noticed about the Left—if you call yourself a “comedian” then you are accepted by the mindless dupes as a comedian, even though you are not funny.

Note that even though it has been pointed out that all of mitche’s anti-Palin vitriol is directed at the superficial, and none of it concerns her political philosophy, he still has to rant on about the superficial. Because, as we have so often noted, the word defines him. He and those like him are focused on personality, dress, voice, etc. because they lack the intelligence to go deeper than that.

It is the mitches and the caspers of the world who have led us down the rabbit hole into Identity Politics and an American Idol approach to deciding how to govern the nation.

“Govern the nation? Whatchu talkin’ about? We are voting on the really IMPORTANT things, like what two gay men can call their relationship, or against a man whose wife has an expensive blouse!”

• neocon01 March 18, 2013 / 12:51 pm

Joe had them pegged decades ago……Useful IDIOTS!

8. mitchethekid March 18, 2013 / 3:05 pm

Ama:
    Comedy is subjective. For example, I lack an appreciation for slap-stick and yet many find it funny. But apparently, you are the ultimate judge of what’s funny or not. And since this talent extends to everything, I suppose it applies to food as well. I hate beets. Does that make me liberal or conservative?
    I asked yesterday, what exactly is Palin’s political philosophy? Please explain the mechanics and details of her policies, how well they have been articulated and then how they square with her behavior.

Jeremiah:
    So I am possessed? I was wondering why I have the eyes of a cat. Thanks! Maybe I should have an exorcism by Pastor Thomas Muthee. You know, in keeping with the Palin theme.

Neo:
    Won’t engage other than to say you just might look like Orly Taitz if you put on a wig and a dress.

Cluster:
    Won’t bother. I rather like you. You have some reasonableness and a recognition of reality which is refreshing.
    Have a great day!

• Cluster March 18, 2013 / 4:20 pm

Careful Mitch, I might just convince you to join the dark side. Enjoy your day

• mitchethekid March 18, 2013 / 5:14 pm

Thank you Cluster. I sincerely appreciate your sentiment. And we may have more in common than we realize. [Note the self-depreciating and inclusive use of the word “we”. 🙂 ]

• neocon01 March 19, 2013 / 9:23 am

bmitch

also the word “And we ***may***
        or **MAY** NOT!!!

• neocon01 March 19, 2013 / 9:21 am

Neo:

Of COURSE you wont/CANT…….the alinsky 101 **ridicule the opponent** dont fly here.
      The TRUTH does, and the truth is you CANT refute that which I posted.

syrup blatch that goes for you too…. “US, he was, he is, proven”…blah blah blah is stupidity not facts!!.

• mitchethekid March 19, 2013 / 10:03 am

You are a birther. The greater the lack of evidence, the more you are convinced. It’s pointless to engage in any discussion with a birther and frankly these types of ideas; and the insistence upon them, aren’t doing the conservative movement any favors. If you guys are serious about getting a majority of the American people to vote a conservative into the office of the presidency, then distance yourselves from the fringe and their insanity. The longer you tolerate those that believe what Neo does, the harder it’s going to be. These ideas are neither reasonable nor rational and just contribute to the cartoon character image that many have of the right. This very issue ( an insistence on insanity and a refusal to accept reality) is what was being discussed yesterday by the RNC chair.

• 01canadianobserver March 19, 2013 / 1:42 pm

mitchethekid
        March 19, 2013 at 10:03 am #
        ———————————————————————-

Mitch, instead of getting exasperated with those lunatic Right Wing Birthers, I would gleefully encourage their craziness. Anyone who would buy into their ridiculous allegations is a lost cause anyway and trying to engage neocon, jeremiah, amazona and a few of the other regular posters in serious and reasonable debate is just an exercise in futility. Not worth wasting your time over.

• Amazona March 19, 2013 / 8:46 pm

Now mitche is back on the “birther” kick.

What is a “birther”?

Well, it’s someone who doesn’t believe Obama was born in Hawaii, or it is someone who thinks he was born in Hawaii but that Natural Born Citizen means someone whose father was a citizen when he was born, or someone who thinks he may very well have been born in Hawaii but finds the “proofs” very flimsy, or someone who has no opinion whatsoever on where he was born but thinks it is a national responsibility to have absolute proof of eligibility for every presidential candidate.

In other words, the word “birther” is as vague and undefined as mitche’s political foundation.

It is a brainless catchphrase for the brainless kneepadders who have no thoughts or ideas but only knee-jerk spasms of opposition to people because of how they identify themselves politically. Note that I carefully said it is based on how they IDENTIFY themselves, as mitche remains steadfastly ignorant of what their political affiliation really means, and cares only about the superficial identification.

9. mitchethekid March 18, 2013 / 6:34 pm

Way to go Sarah! Can’t wait for the pithy retort from Neo-anderthal.
    As far as the drug use, he admitted it in his book but who cares. There are millions upon millions of responsible adult pot smokers in this country, marijuana is a recreational drug of choice, far less destructive than alcohol, medical marijuana is gaining legality and the hemp plant itself has been used for centuries for a variety of different purposes. None of which I need to educate you on. In fact, one of the main reasons pot is illegal is that back in the days of Wm. Randolph Hurst, the hemp industry posed a threat to the paper pulp consortium and so Hurst lobbied congress to make hemp illegal. Like the rep in NY, he may have been a head himself! His great-granddaughter sure was.
    Coke is a little different in my opinion. It is an addictive stimulant but essentially a party drug none the less. The esteemed GWB was an active supporter: back in the day, so there you go. I would also be willing to bet that Neo, with his grunt Marine Vietnam heritage knew many smack users. Does the past use of this drug disqualify someone from a position of leadership? In a way, it might make them a better leader. Having a better understanding of the human psyche, etc. And of course, planning ahead!
    To generalize, narcotics are addictive, but their use isn’t necessarily an indictment of weakness or low character. It’s just easy to make that claim. People can become addicted to anything. Gambling, TV shows, salad with Balsamic Vinegar based dressing, etc. It’s the blend of the physical and the ethereal that contributes to our humanity and our consciousness.

• Amazona March 19, 2013 / 9:52 am

What a frantic effort to dismiss the drug use of the President—“who cares”, everybody does it, it’s no big deal, the lie that GWB used drugs, equating drugs with partying, and then claiming addiction has nothing to do with character.

A little too defensive there, mitche? Someone who makes his living flying and is so passionate about defending drug use raises a red flag. Or perhaps you mean “flying” in a figurative sense, which would explain your defense of drug use.

• mitchethekid March 19, 2013 / 10:28 am

Frantic? Hardly. Interesting how you always try to frame others. Says more about you than about me. For some, drug use is recreational, for others, sadly. it is not. But there is a huge difference between an occasional pot smoker and a coke addict.
        I will make a deal with you, you prove the president is not a citizen and is a Muslim and I’ll prove GWB, during his party days did coke.

• Amazona March 19, 2013 / 8:49 pm

Uh, doofus, no one says Barry is not a citizen, and he IS a Muslim, by his own admission regarding his youth and the internal rules of Islam. He may not be a practicing Muslim but once a Muslim always a Muslim, according to the laws of Islam.

We go over this all the time and you just ignore it because it doesn’t fit into your teeny tiny little frame of reference.

It is not my fault that you are so determined to ignore the immigration laws of the United States, the various ways in which one can be a citizen, etc. This is just another example of how you reject fact in favor of the yummier taste of lies and hate.

10. Jeremiah March 18, 2013 / 9:05 pm

So I am possessed?-mentalmidgetthekid.

But you are definitely a servant of the devil. Oh, like Sadam Hussein who pitched innocent children into lions dens to be eaten alive. Or like Herod, who murdered thousands of children., or like Obama who has had millions of children murdered through his voting to do so.

But, you don’t have to do anything horrible like that to be a servant of the devil, there are many more ways than one. All you have to do really is disobey the Most High. And there are millions of people out there who do that. Yourself included.

Enjoy your stay on “terra” (as your partner in crime sarahbloch there calls it). It’ll be the closest you ever get to paradise. Even though salvation is in reach, you choose not to take His hand. His judgment awaits! Your choices will mean a lot to you then! haha!

• neocon01 March 19, 2013 / 9:37 am

Your choices will mean a lot to you then! haha!

yeah No vacuum or wings down under….LOL

• mitchethekid March 19, 2013 / 11:03 am

Let me get this straight. President Obama has voted to have millions of children murdered, is that correct? Just who are the parents of these millions and why haven’t we heard from them? I mean, if there was any truth to this deranged fantasy of yours then surely it would be world wide news. As a reasonable person, do you not agree? Oh wait. I know! You are talking about abortion, the legalization of which was enacted by congress in 1973. 7 presidents before Obama. I guess all of them “voted” so why single out just one? You’re not biased are you?

If it makes you feel better about yourself to associate me with a religious archetype, more power to you. But I can assure you that my ideas about man and god are unfathomable to you. It is my experience that to converse with someone who is so totally consumed with simplistic biblical literalism is an exercise in futility.

• neocon01 March 19, 2013 / 8:02 pm

ROTFLMAO
        mitchethekid March 19, 2013 at 11:03 am #

Jer 100%
        bmitch 0%

NEXT?

• Jeremiah March 19, 2013 / 10:05 pm

SB 230 is the bill he voted against, mentalmidgetmitche.

It’s all over the web…clearly worldwide news. And known by virtually everyone who pays attention, and cares. Both of which you lack severely in.

The Bible has nothing to do with “liberalism” dude.
        Only in the mind of a bigoted creep such as yourself would it have anything to the contrary.

And I know you and your kind…don’t fool yourself, man. You have not even a shred of credibility when it comes to philosophical opinion regarding God and man.

You and Maher and Hawkings should get to together and have a toast…party up…meeting of the mental midget clan! Bahaha!

• neocon01 March 19, 2013 / 8:00 pm

“you will know them by their fruits”……
      fruit inspection is not “judgement” GOD has JUDGED SIN already it is in his word.
      take it up with him.

• mitchethekid March 20, 2013 / 9:42 am

Oh this is rich. Now Jeremiah is attacking Hawking.What’s next, gravity?
        You can trust in god. I’ll decide for myself.

11. GMB March 19, 2013 / 11:43 am

Another one who speaks before they think. Rand Paul has done no such thing.

I am sure you can find the right information if only you would look.

• neocon01 March 19, 2013 / 7:57 pm

GMB

a lie is so much better to marxists.