150 Reasons Why Barack Obama is The Worst President In History

How will history remember Barack Obama?

With all the failures of Barack Obama’s presidency, it’s impossible to remember them all. Mark and I have compiled everything you need to know about the presidency of Barack Obama (so far) into one book. Now you can easily find all the information that was ignored by the media, and forgotten during the 2012 election.

worst_cover

Did Barack Obama really save this country from another Great Depression? Did he really improve our country’s image around the world, or unite America? What about the new era of post-partisanship and government transparency? Did he really expand health coverage while lowering costs and cutting taxes?

150 Reasons Why Barack Obama is The Worst President in History exposes the truth about his presidency, and documents the facts that will shape his legacy: His real record on the economy; the ugly truths about Obamacare; his shocking abuses of taxpayer dollars; his bitterly divisive style of governing; his shameless usurping of the Constitution; his scandals and cover ups; his policy failures at home and abroad; the unprecedented expansion of government power.

All of these facts are now at your fingertips in a single source. 150 Reasons Why Barack Obama is The Worst President in History is your ultimate guide Obama’s real record. Not the record touted by Obama on the campaign trail, or in Obama Administration talking points, but everything they’d like you to forget.

150 Reasons Why Barack Obama is The Worst President in History is available in paperback, and as Kindle eBook.

123 thoughts on “150 Reasons Why Barack Obama is The Worst President In History

1. Robin Naismith Green May 7, 2013 / 1:00 pm

A better title would have been, “150 Reason why we think Barack Obama is the worst president ever.” Simply because you gentlemen have an opinion does not make it fact.

• M. Noonan May 7, 2013 / 7:11 pm

More than 500 source notes – this is not a book of opinions but merely a collection of 150 factual items which demonstrate, in our view, that Obama is the worst President in history.

2. bardolf2 May 7, 2013 / 1:06 pm

How about “150 excuses for why the GOP leadership in congress is not to blame, at all, for why the US economy is still in the ditch.”

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 1:27 pm

bardolf2 (does that mean you killed bardolf1 or are you just twice as irrelevant as bardolf?) If you want to write such a book about repubs, knock yourself silly. Instead, why not discuss the topic of the thread.

Robin Naismith Green, I’m curious how you can make that claim when the advertisement above says “facts” and you, having not read or researched the book, are speaking out of ignorance and prejudice. Actually I lied; I’m not curious at all — we hold these truths to be self-evident robin and “her” sock-puppets will always comment from a perspective of ignorance and prejudice.

Matt & Mark, can you share some of these facts thatt we might discuss before we get a chance to read your book?

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 1:29 pm

Matt & Mark,

Don’t worry about giving away the ending; we all know how this turns out.

• Robin Naismith Green May 7, 2013 / 1:57 pm

Percy the America people seemed to agree with the direction the president has taken the country back in November. maybe what America needs is a Democratic House along with the Senate to actually get the things done that need doing?

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 2:16 pm

When caught; change the subject — nice.

You stated that the authors’ reasons were only opinion and not factual, now you want to base this conclusion on a popularity contest?

Do you have any evidence that your prejudicial and evidently ill-informed opinion has the slightest credibility?

Percival R. Beaser, CDT, CTC, MBA

• bardolf2 May 7, 2013 / 2:19 pm

Prettybreezy

One can’t discuss the topic of the thread seriously. Unfortunately Matt has once again wasted Mark’s time with a book destined to be in the dollar bin by the end of summer. Mark Noonan has novel ideas about trying to move the culture to make/mine/build which simply elude the more ‘erudite’ Matt.

I can never get an a priori metric here on B4V which a nonpartisan can use to judge things like “WORST PRESIDENT”. If I claim Bush is the worst president ever because he was the only president who was in office when jets killed thousands in NYC that is not an a legitimate metric. That is a metric made up after the event to label Bush as a bad president.

Valid a priori metrics would include the change in the unemployment rate, the number of families losing their homes, the number of soldiers killed in wars without a well defined purpose, the intrusiveness of government in personal affairs, the number of abortions performed, the number of people in prison, the life expectancy of the average citizen, the affordability of education.

If I had to come up with a worst president ever it would have Nixon way ahead of Obama. It would have Wilson ahead of Obama. It would have Carter ahead of Obama. It would have JFK and those responsible for the failure known as Vietnam way ahead of Obama. It would have whoever created the Federal Reserve way ahead of Obama.

• The Return of Rathaven May 7, 2013 / 2:27 pm

Obama won the election and lost the House.

Woodrow Wilson criminalized criticism of the government, the Palmer Raids, deportation for dissent, and legislation moving the nation toward totalitarian fascism and he was re-elected. Elections don’t determine success or failure; just demonstrates how manipulative evil men can be and how the people are quick to want to believe. .

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 2:39 pm

Bardolf2,

Name calling? Seriously?

Since neither Matt nor Mark have shared the facts surrounding their conclusion wouldn’t have been better to ask what a posteriori might be applied to previous presidents before concluding some nefarious intent?

Personally I’d put Lincoln and FDR at the top of the list of worst for their abuses of personal constitutional protections, that is, the constitutional protections of the individual. Now, after being reminded by Rathaven, I’ll add Wilson to that disreputable list.

Buchanan is in the bottom five by anyone’s standard, but Nixon doesn’t even rate the bottom 10; his shortcomings are personal and dull compared to the actual constitutional abuses I’ve observed in Obama.

now, try to pick a subject and discuss instead of sniping from the sidelines — you give libertarians a bad name pulling that crap.

Percival

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 2:44 pm

Seems we cant expose the donk king and his predecessors that have NO clothes.

sad.

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 2:47 pm

percy

I did and it was deleted by the moderator….the truth is hard to face sometimes.

You get posts deleted for repeatedly posting things you have been warned about, not for content. But we can be sure that you will always cry about it afterward and not take responsibility for what you do. // Moderator

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 2:52 pm

EVERY donk potus from truman to al Ubama have been bad and getting worse with each new one.

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 4:01 pm

History should be the judge neo, for all his faults, Truman did what needed at a time when that kind of action was right. Like W Truman’s stock has risen since living office. Johnson is one of the great mass-murderers of the 20th Century, and Carter is an anti-Semitic clown who gave us the rise of militant Islamist. Clinton was a lovable scamp who committed crimes that should have gotten him tossed out on his ample ass.

On Bardolf’s comments, using economic indicators is a poor judge of a president’s success or failure because some of what a president does to or for the economy lasts long after they’re gone and many of those things are delayed until after they’re no longer in office. Only FDR served long enough to be in office while the economy suffered, faltered, died and rose again, partly because of the New Deal, partly in spite of it.

Gee, an actual discussion about the worst presidents.

Who’d a thought.

Percival

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 4:28 pm

 “Valid a priori metrics would include the change in the unemployment rate,” No, that would put Wilson ahead of Coolidge, and Kennedy ahead of Eisenhower

 “ the number of families losing their homes“, No that puts Carter ahead of FDR and Truman ahead of Reagan.

 “ the number of soldiers killed in wars without a well defined purpose” No, that puts Buchanan ahead of every president since Buchanan

 “the intrusiveness of government in personal affairs” No, that puts Geo. H. W. Bush ahead of Adams

 “the number of abortions performed” No, that puts every president before the Roe ahead of every president after (including Buchanan),

 “ the number of people in prison” as opposed to living in my neighborhood?

 “the life expectancy of the average citizen” No, that puts Kennedy ahead of Reagan (once the amnesty bill was passed millions of illegals with shorter life expectancy became a statistic in this regard).

 “ the affordability of education. ” No, that puts every president since you were credentialed behind every president before since no one can afford an education from you.

• M. Noonan May 7, 2013 / 7:15 pm

If you check @WorstPresident twitter feed you’ll see a lot – but, no, we’re not going to post details from the book because, well, we spent a lot of time and effort writing it and we’d appreciate it if, in return for our effort, we got some remuneration.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 12:43 pm

rubinitwitgreenteeth

47% PAY NO taxes……….yet “vote” DUH!!

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 12:50 pm

you may now delete my response like always and let your little lecture stand so I LOOK to be the big bad violator.

I am sorry you have so many problems with blog rules and moderation. It is clear that this is not a good fit and perhaps you would be happier on another site. This will spare you the pain of having to experience more “little lectures”. // Moderator

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 5:13 pm

I LOOOOVE the Little lectures……..:) 🙂 🙂

3. mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 3:11 pm

A better place to post undeletable comments would be on the review section of the books’ Amazon page. Have at it. Just might generate some sales for the dynamic duo of Obama hatred.

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 3:15 pm

in the troll world……..”obama hatred” = the REAL world TRUTH.

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 3:33 pm

Michelle Obama: Buy my book for Mother’s Day

MOOCHERS – mooch, and grifters – grift……another never was AA loser.

• mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 4:34 pm

You wouldn’t know the real truth if it shot you got scatter shot by it. Keep on pushing the same delusions Neo. You cannot substantiate any claims you make about the President; other than capitalizing words. As a birther, I’d like for you defend Ted Cruz’s contemplation of running for the presidency. Seeing how he was born in Canada and all. And his birth certificate states so.
        If you actually buy into this whole armed revolution thing, make yourself a martyr and stand in front of the NRA crowd and take a bullet for freedom. Fired by the members of the United States military. You’d go down faster than a cheap date. And the world will be better off for it. But hey pal, make a stand for freedom!

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 4:36 pm

mitchethekid, Are you here to present a point of view or just start an argument?

Discuss or leave, please.

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 5:58 pm

bmitch

1. at least he has one.
        2. stare decisis.
        3. there will only be constitutional remnants in the toilet when this POS and his regime get out…so NO problemo

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 6:04 pm

bmitch
        if it shot you got scatter shot by it.

I KNOW stupid and that is a fact! (see above) ROTFLMAO!!

• M. Noonan May 7, 2013 / 7:17 pm

Mitch,

Quite honestly, I don’t hate Obama – in fact, as I’ve been saying since 2007, I feel a strong affinity for him. His background and mine have a lot of striking similarities (we are only a couple of years apart in age, so no real surprise, there). But as I wrote the book with Matt, I did some times rise to fury…you really should buy the book and read it. Maybe it won’t change your views, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts you’ve not heard of even a third of the 150 items.

• mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 7:57 pm

I appreciate your sentiments Mark, but you are clearly biased and this bias goes back far beyond the yrs when Obama was the President. You want to sell books to an audience that is led around by hooks in their noses. Nothing wrong with exploiting that, many in popular culture do but don’t be so egotistical as to think that you have a corner on that market. The fact is you cannot tolerate anything liberal or progressive. You are a regressonist who has based your entire world view on religion and a subjective interpretation of history. As far as your partner, I didn’t know he had a degree in Architecture. Congrats but I won’t go into any of the buildings he designed for fear of them falling down.
        If the 2 of you want to be taken seriously by the “mainstream” you not allow Neo to post his birther insanity. It just might end up on Amazon’s reviews.

• M. Noonan May 7, 2013 / 8:44 pm

Mitch,

Amazing how you’ve been coming here all this time and know zero about me. Clearly, you’ve never actually read anything I wrote. Perhaps you should try.

4. Cluster May 7, 2013 / 4:24 pm

Any book written in opposition to Obama will be construed as “hate” by the left. It is impossible to have policy disagreement with a liberal, in that liberals are incapable of separating critical thought from emotional impulses. The liberal mindset is that since liberals champion the poor and minority, any opposition to their cause is tantamount to “hating the poor and minority” – it is a juvenile thought process to be sure, but one that actually exists and hard to overcome considering that many of them will simply not listen to any alternative.

In regards to the current regime – reality speaks more to their failure than any book, blog, or post could ever do. We see the dismal results of Obama’s policies unfold before our very eyes daily, and yet the media and liberals choose not to believe their eyes, and instead lash out and blame any and all opposition. Obamacare is proving to be the train wreck many conservatives said it would be. Individual premiums are up, costs are up, the implementation is way behind schedule, employers still have no idea what to expect, and the effects on the economy continue to be negative. Foreign policy is a nightmare. Radical Islamists have made huge strides since Obama;s election. And the racial division is the country is greater than I can ever remember. It’s actually hard to put into words what a complete disaster this country is under Obama, so I applaud Mark and Matt for giving it the ole college try.

• mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 4:51 pm

The “ole college try” is a phrase used in defense of an effort that resulted in failure. But alas, it was a noble undertaking. In this case, there is nothing noble about it. It is a crude and uninformed exploitation to make money off of a minorities fear and paranoia. These 2 guys are wannabe’s. Maybe they can take over Limbaugh’s place after his radio distribution company drops him forever. Or maybe they can recruit Alex Jones. Or WND. Or get a place on The Blaze.
      If I were them, I’d be embarrassed. Offering delusional nonsense as unrefutable, absolute truth. I think I have magical ponies living in my attic. They come to me in my dreams and I ride on them to the planet Inosital on saddles made of Zaricon, bejeweled with Zariconian diamonds that have radio frequency.
      Get a grip guys. The world has moved on from you.

• Cluster May 7, 2013 / 4:58 pm

If I were them, I’d be embarrassed. Offering delusional nonsense as unrefutable, absolute truth – Mitch

How do you know? Have you read the book? Like I said, Obama’s failures are there for the world to see in plain sight. Egypt has not turned out well, neither has Libya and Syria is genocide waiting to happen. The Muslim Brotherhood has gained strength and confidence, and civil society and Muslim women will suffer because of it. More people are out of the work force than ever before, taxes are up, the cost of living is up, etc., etc.

If I were you, I’d be embarrassed to support this President.

And it’s irrefutable – not unrefutable – just saying.

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 5:54 pm

bmitch

the first thing I have seen you say that I believe is factual.

PS how is the band in cali?

5. mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 4:52 pm

Percy: I have a long history here. You don’t. Get over it.

• Cluster May 7, 2013 / 4:59 pm

Percy,

Mitch has earned his stripes here at B4V. I disagree with him politically on nearly everything, but he does have good taste in music, so it’s not a complete loss. LOL

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 5:40 pm

Sorry cluster, you may have to be friends with this guy but I don’t.

I was trying to keep people discussing who’s the worst and why?

Even neo was just expressing his opinion on Obama, but Robin, bardolf2 and mitch are much more interested in attacking Mark, Matt, neo, you & me. Not one post from any of them as to why Obama is not the worst president or whom they think is worse than Obama and why. At least bardolf came back with some kind of discussion points, but only after he embarrassed himself with schoolyard taunts.

Is that all they offer this conversation?

What is in the mind of liberals? Empty dark recesses of hate and prejudice.

Percival

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 6:05 pm

but he does have good taste in music,

so does my dog, yet he still eats poop…….seems we have a match!

• mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 8:01 pm

I love you to my brother in arms!

• Cluster May 7, 2013 / 9:14 pm

I saw the Brothers in Arms tour in Seattle. Absolutely amazing. Dire Straits rocked the house

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 5:14 pm

mitchethekid,

Alas, wrong again; look back all the way to BlogsforBush circa 2006 and you’ll find Percy posts.

Longevity is not a substitute for rational discourse; every post of yours on this thread has been personal vitriol and an amazing lack of facts.

I ask you the same question as Robin; since you have no facts, have not read or researched Matt and Mark’s scholarship how the hell do you know it’s “delusional—crude—uninformed” etc.?

You speak out of irrational hatred and knee-jerk bias.

Percival

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 5:50 pm

bomber boy bmitch

I have provided dozens of articles, links, professions, books about bark including his own (ayers) I have yet see you REFUTE ONE of the claims…….

ps how are things at the porno echo site the fork?

• neocon01 May 7, 2013 / 6:25 pm

al Ubama’s minions lose BIG!!

The city of Dearborn, Mich., has agreed to pay Christians who were arrested at its Arab International Festival in 2010, remove all criticism of them from a city website and post a public apology that will remain online for years, according to a legal team on the case.

The American Freedom Law Center said today that the settlement follows more than two years of court negotiations and resolves the Christians’ claims against the city.
        It does not, however, remove the Dearborn Arab Chamber as a defendant in the case, which will continue.

The Christians were arrested in 2010 by city authorities for preaching peacefully to Muslims at the city festival.

• tiredoflibbs May 7, 2013 / 9:29 pm

It is only boring to you.

WHy should I not use it, it perfectly describes you here. You are the one that is repetitive – you repeat the same old talking points over and over no matter how many times they are proven wrong and refuted. It perfectly describes your posting style – obAMATEUR says something and you dutifully repeat it without thinking – as I said “mindless drone” is an accurate description.

Look up the word “drone” and it may shed some light for you and there is a slim chance that you may learn something and change your ways.

If you don’t like it, then change your ways so I won’t have to use it.

• tiredoflibbs May 7, 2013 / 6:41 pm

mitchiethekid: “Percy: I have a long history here. You don’t. Get over it.”

So? You have a long history of being a mindless drone. You have not given a single factual argument. You just give projection, regurgitate proven lies and half truths. And when your arguments against previous administrations are thrown back at you and are applied to your pResident, you whine, moan, dodge and avoid the subject at all costs.

Factual examples include massive increases in the debt, massive spending, especially when your pResident claimed Bush’s spending (which we criticized) was “unpatriotic and irresponsible”. But you mindless drones defend obAMATEUR’s spending with dumbed down talking points – “he had to”, “it’s Bush’s fault”, etc. etc.

The epitome of proggy hypocrisy was obAMATEUR’s attack on Libya. Libya did not attack the U.S.. They were not a threat. Remember, these were the mindless talking points of the left on Bush. And PREDICTABLY you mindless drones picked up the White House mantra and regurgitated it ever so loyally.

You may have been here longer than Percy, but your contributions here are far short of his – you are a drone and a troll. You contribution nothing here and have been threatened with banishment because of your typical and cowardly attacks.

Nice try, troll.

• mitchethekid May 7, 2013 / 8:03 pm

Will you please quit using the words “mindless drone”. It’s boring.And it just shows how stupid, repetitive and uncreative you are.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 12:11 pm

Bmitch

only “boring” to you……..a FACT to the rest of us.

6. Cluster May 7, 2013 / 6:56 pm

Another failure of the Obama regime:

10,962,532: U.S. Disability Beneficiaries Exceed Population of Greece

• M. Noonan May 7, 2013 / 7:12 pm

Covered in REASON #13 The Disability President

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 7:22 pm

Why do you feel Obama is responsible or at the least culpable in the rise of disability claims?

Will your book be digitized? Say Kindle? or Books on Tape? I’d pay to hear you read to me while I’m commuting to and from work.

• percybeezer May 7, 2013 / 7:28 pm

Or you can get Tom Hanks to read for Books on Tape; he’s the most trusted in America according to the Readers’ Digest Poll.

However, Dwayne The Rock Johnson also made the list.

What does that say about the readers of Readers’ Digest that they pick a TV Pro-Wrestler as one of the “Most Trusted” People in America?

Yeah, nothing FAKE about That Guy!

• M. Noonan May 7, 2013 / 7:51 pm

Percy,

You’ll have to read the book for the details – and it is available on Kindle.

• Majordomo Pain May 8, 2013 / 1:52 pm

It was the Reagan administration that changed the disability rules just as he opened the floodgates to abortion as governor of California in 1966.

• M. Noonan May 8, 2013 / 8:06 pm

Just read the book – REASON #13, and you’ll see why it made it in to the 150 reasons Obama is a lousy President.

7. bardolf2 May 7, 2013 / 9:14 pm

Percybeezer

So should Nixon’s ‘War on Drugs’ be seen as a good thing for Nixon because he cared about people who used drugs?

I would say NO, it was a horrible thing. It wastes billions of $, it puts people in prison for deciding they should be able to decide how to treat their private property (their flesh), it increases the size of government, it becomes a focal point of K-12 education instead of learning useful skills and on and on.

There are fewer people in prison under Obama than under Bush. In that regard he is a better president. There are fewer soldiers dying in useless wars, again in that regard better president. The increased size of government under Obama makes him a worse president. Now one needs to talk about priorities and not just in a partisan, after the fact way.

BTW, my comment about the GOP is on target. If Obama wants to get us into a war with Syria it is up to the GOP to say no. This blog can most influence GOP members so a whinefest about Obama doesn’t accomplish much.

• Cluster May 7, 2013 / 9:24 pm

30% less prosecution of gun crimes says that he is not only an irresponsible president but a disingenuous one as well.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 8:19 am

Dr B.

the terrrible “nixon” war on drugs ENDED during which DONK administration?

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 8:20 am

barry and billy should both be in prison if the WAR on DRUGS were doing it’s job.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 8:25 am

OOH….drugs, and TREASON
        with lyrch, JFnK added in.

8. mitchethekid May 8, 2013 / 10:08 am

And every single one of them is the product of fantasy and delusion. There is no factual evidence that substantiate any of the hysterical claims that you make. You continue to make them because you suffer from a pathology that requires you to believe in this nonsense. Larry Sinclair is not exactly a reliable and reputable source of information. In fact, he is so far out on the fringe as to be non-existent. The same holds true for this guy.
    But hey, this is America. Land of the free and home of the brave, so you have the liberty to live in a fantasy world in which demonization of people and things you are incapable of understanding is a requirement. Your intolerance is palpable and quite disgusting and your paranoia is exploited by others. In other words, you are mentally and emotionally weak and suffer from the tyranny of evil men.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 12:05 pm

larry sinclair wrote a book…sue him.
      There is plenty of evidence from zerO’s church, Breitbart, Hillbiz, WND and many many many other sources with first hand knowledge…but hey this IS America you can slovenly kneepad and worship who ever you want.

Intolerance? try the AMA, the founding fathers and 200++ years of American jurisprudence….

disgusting?? ROTFLMAO I have read your foaming, frothing, filth ridden vile disgusting rants over at the pitchfork….PROJECTION? at best, insanity my choice.

mentally emotionally weak and suffer……….. WOW are you on the sauce again bmitchie? LOL
      one answe,r you and the fork….lunacy at it’s best enjoy vacuum boy…

• Majordomo Pain May 8, 2013 / 1:56 pm

While Mitch may post anew at the Pitchfork he has only so far had one of his articles reposted, with his permission, therein. Mr Sinclair’s criminal past makes him less than a trustworthy source on matters concerning the sitting President.

• Amazona May 8, 2013 / 4:20 pm

“therein”?

Wherein?

And it is certainly convenient for you to dismiss anything one might say if he has what you consider a “criminal past”.

Besides, I would think that you would love someone who outed the Prez, identifying him as one of you.

Well, not one of “you” plural—I don’t think anyone has written a tell-all book saying Barry is part of a hive—but one of you sexually ambiguous folk who find traditional gender identity too too confining.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 12:09 pm

PS

I notice you still cant REFUTE ONE point………..NEXT?

• mitchethekid May 8, 2013 / 3:49 pm

There is no point in refuting a lunatic. None of the sources you mentioned have “first hand knowledge”. WND? Breitbart? Not only do they make things up and project, but they are conspiracy theorists as well. Might as well mention Alex Jones. These people make a living beguiling the gullible, which be Neo. You can insist all you want, it doesn’t make these things true for if they were, they would have been exposed a long time ago. Unless the media is on the conspiracy! You are not a political conservative Neo, you are an angry, raging imbecile who gives conservatives a cartoon character image so much of the public believes is accurate.
        So Larry Sinclair wrote a book. So did Lewis Carroll. The President was born in Hawaii, his birth certificate states same. He has been praised as having a wonderful marriage. He is a Christian, regularly attends church and has had more Islamic terrorists killed than his predecessor. Past recreational drug use is not the same as currently being either a crack or meth addict, and there is no one scintilla of evidence that he is. All you have to do is look at him; he is a paragon of health. You, on the on the other hand, suffer from a horrible disease of personality and social strata. Your convictions are a self-imposed prison in which you choose to luxuriate in. How sad for you.

• Amazona May 8, 2013 / 4:13 pm

And more Classic Mitche. No ideas, just blind irrational hatred spinning into ceaseless insults and personal attacks.

Say something that treads on the toes of one mitche has chosen to admire, and the result is always the same. It is “made up” or—even worse—part of a “conspiracy” or, worst of all, from a “birther” (gasp!)

And then, as if by magic, as far as mitche is concerned the whole thing is debunked, dismissed, disappeared as if it never was.

But just look at the irrefutable “reasoning”—why, if it were true, it “..would have been exposed a long time ago…” Yeah, can’t argue with that, can ya? Except, of course, for the fact that it makes no sense. And of course mitche then gets to define what “exposed” means, so “exposed” cannot mean having been outed on any of his dismissed sites.

“Exposed” on Brietbart? Doesn’t count.
        “Exposed” on Drudge? Doesn’t count.
        “Exposed” on Fox? Doesn’t count.
        “Exposed” by someone mitche doesn’t like? Doesn’t count.
        And so on………………..

• Amazona May 8, 2013 / 4:15 pm

“Disease of social strata” Too funny, in a sad, don’t-laugh-at-the-kids-on-the-short-bus kind of way.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 4:24 pm

bmitch

The President was born in Hawaii, his birth certificate states same.

seems one of Americas finest Sheriff’s disagrees with you……

Alabama Supreme Court to Hear Sheriff Joe Evidence Against Obama Birth Certificate

“We recently discovered new irrefutable evidence, which confirms, hands down, the document is a fraud.”

They also report that Sheriff Joe has been actively pursuing the case and advancing it towards federal prosecution. The report stated:

“As Carl Gallups (PPSIMMONS founder and host of Freedom Friday With Carl Gallups) and Mike Zullo (lead investigator of the Sheriff Joe Arpaio Cold Case Posse) have been telling us, things are moving closer to bringing the fraudulent Obama birth certificate case to a level of federal prosecution.”

“According to Zullo, there are increasing numbers of people … that will not only bring the case to the public light, but also to a high level of legal prosecution.”

“Mike Zullo has confirmed … that the Maricopa County Cold Case Posse will assist in the Alabama Supreme Court Case. … Sheriff Arpraio wants us to fully cooperate with Alabama and Justice Moore in this case…”

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/10716/alabama-supreme-court-to-hear-sheriff-joe-evidence-against-obama-birth-certificate/#ixzz2Sjc6O4RS

• Majordomo Pain May 8, 2013 / 1:58 pm

The Truth of the matter Neocon1 is that you will not live long enough to see another Republican president elected and if you make it 2016 you will see the last time in your lifetime that the GOP has any control in Congress.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 4:31 pm

moredumbo

dont know what happened to my answer……

“The Truth of the matter Neocon1 is that you will not live long enough to see another Republican president elected”

dont be so smug as to think to know when the grim reaper will call for anyone including your self.

As I quoted, a bible verse warning about just that kind of smugness and the foolishness of believing such.

the demise of the GOP only floats in a deluded, irrational “mind” of a liberal troll.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 5:10 pm

moredumbo

47% pay no fed taxes, 15-20 million illegals, cheats and dumbed down drones…you must be soooo excited….

However, WHEN it all comes crashing down by insane spending on “freebies” and OPM, and the ignorant drones burn their neighborhoods (again for the 100 th time) we will see what party prevails.

• Amazona May 8, 2013 / 4:22 pm

mitche, you do know how wikipedia works, don’t you?

Surely you are not so stupid/naive/clueless that you think it is an actual objective source of information, do you?

Nice stringing-together of hate and spite and malice, though. Clearly this is your forte.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 4:37 pm

. Clearly this is your forte.

BINGO!!

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 4:55 pm

JA
        GUILTY…….MURDER FIRST DEGREE!!!!!

9. mitchethekid May 8, 2013 / 5:27 pm

Enough with the insults and name calling. // Moderator

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 5:34 pm

You like him because he is as loony as you.

Joe is a many time elected Sheriff, Trump a Billionaire, Klayman a lawyer, Im a licensed master contractor……….yup just a bunch of losers….

YOU?
      a drunk, divorced, wanna be “musician” in the land of nuts and fruits, who dreams he is a pilot who “flies” in a vacuum….. got us on that one bomber BOY!!

10. mitchethekid May 8, 2013 / 5:43 pm

Their “accomplishments” are of no consequence to me. I am not impressed. It’s their character which is the issue. Being a sheriff or a billionaire or a lawyer doesn’t automatically give them credibility. What they say and what the believe matter much more. When The NY Times or Washington Post jumps on what’s left of the birther bandwagon, then I’ll stop making fun of you.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 6:03 pm

I agree and THIS “birther” has NO character glad to see you agree

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 6:09 pm

I ESPECIALLY AGREE with you on this fraud.

11. Cluster May 8, 2013 / 5:45 pm

GUILTY!!

Just as Jodi Arias is guilty of murder, so is Obama and Hillary Clinton for failing to properly perform their duties and lying to the American people. There is simply no defense for Clinton or Obama in regards to Benghazi and my hope is that this rises to the level of impeachment. Seriously. Anyone that would be absent during a terrorist attack on a US embassy in the ME, disregard cables requesting additional security, and then lying about it to protect their own political fortunes, does not belong in any position of power. Period, end of sentence.

I am embarrassed that Obama is the president of this country.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 5:56 pm

Klintoon the never was wife of a disbarred, lying, cheating, fined, impeached…donk pig, doing the dirty work of a regime led by the most inept, lazy, lying community agitator……Im embarrassed for the whole donk party and the useful idiots who empower it.

12. Cluster May 8, 2013 / 5:52 pm

Majorpain,

People like you guarantee the survival of the GOP and conservatism. So please keep at it.

• neocon01 May 8, 2013 / 5:57 pm

cluster
      YUP

13. rustybrown2012 May 8, 2013 / 9:42 pm

Wow! You guys are really insane! This reminds me of monkeys throwing feces at the zoo. Such a high-brow affair you have going on.

• neocon01 May 9, 2013 / 7:32 am

crustybrownshorts

and your presence is the feces topping on the cake baked at the fork.

14. watsonthethird May 9, 2013 / 10:36 am

You can get an idea of the content of the book by some of the reasons that have been posted on Matt and Mark’s Twitter feed.

#85 Dumb Luck Terror Strategy
    #81 Negotiating With Terrorists
    #72 Islamic Radicals at the White House
    #65: Now Obama Can be Flexible With Russia
    #5: Unemployment Above 8 Percent for 43 Months
    #48 Exploiting Disaster and Tragedy to Push Agenda

I think we could make a similar list about George W. Bush:

#1: Worst terrorist attack on US soil in the history of the republic.
    #2: Ignored reports of imminent threat of major terrorist attack.
    #3: Illegally leaked the name of a covert CIA operative.
    #4: “Deficits don’t matter.”
    #5: Federal government’s feeble response to Hurricane Katrina.
    #6: Invaded a sovereign nation that posed no threat to the US.
    #7: No weapons of mass destruction found.
    #8: 36,395 military casualties of the Iraq war.
    #9: “Ownership Society” results in epidemic of bad lending practices.
    #10: Financial collapse of 2008, the worst since the Great Depression.
    #11: Can’t find Osama Bin Ladin.
    #12: Stops looking for Osama Bin Ladin.
    #13: Eight administration officials go from the White House to prison.
    #14: Officially sanctions torture as the policy of the US government.
    #15: Abu Ghraib abuses by US military breed new generation of terrorists.
    #16: Secretary of State Colin Powell’s speech to the UN justifying attack of Iraq is riddled with lies.
    #17: Establishes Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
    #18: More Americans die at the hands of terrorists than under any other administration.
    #19: Bungled occupation of Iraq costs billions in treasury, tens of thousands of lives.
    #20: Turns a federal surplus into a deficit.
    #21: The housing bubble.
    #22: Enron fraud and bankruptcy.
    #23: The collapse of the American automobile industry.
    #24: Failure to provide American soldiers in Iraq with body armor.
    #25: Ignores the United States constitution, calling it “a goddamned piece of paper.”
    #26: Dow Industrial average lower at the end of Bush administration than the beginning.
    #27: Average price of gas nearly doubles from 2001 to 2008.
    #28: Destroys relationships with allies across the globe.
    #29: Invades foreign nations under false pretenses.
    #30: Declares “Mission accomplished” weeks after Iraq invasion, but the war still rages when he leaves office nearly six years later.
    #31: Invades Iraq without a UN mandate.
    #32: Refuses to let Hurricane Katrina ruin his vacation.
    #33: Warrantless wiretaps on US citizens.
    #34: Cuts taxes to benefit the rich; destroys US economy.
    #35: Nominates Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.
    #36: Actions lead to a stronger Iran as a Middle East power.
    #37: Claims criticism by Kanye West was worst moment of his presidency. (Hmmm. He had a lot to choose from.)

I’m sure there are 113 more. This is just off the top of my head. I haven’t had time to do “scholarship” like Mark and Matt.

• neocon01 May 9, 2013 / 2:58 pm

waspstingthet#@d

I haven’t had time to do “scholarship” like Mark and Matt.

gee, NO kidding waspy

• Amazona May 9, 2013 / 5:07 pm

Oh, wattle, you poor sad silly deluded twit, you. What a funny list you have come up with, and what a shining example of the cluelessness of the American Zombie Left.

From you blaming Bush for 9/11 to your naive be belief that we ever had a surplus to the odd claim that the American auto industry “collapsed” it is just a bizarre litany of desperate need to blame Bush for anything possible. And much of it is just plain wrong, like claiming he “…Illegally leaked the name of a covert CIA operative….” or “… Invad(ed) Iraq without a UN mandate…” or had anything at all to do with Enron.

But thanks for the laugh and the reminder of the level of utter stupidity it takes to be a member of the American Left these days.

• watsonthethird May 9, 2013 / 5:22 pm

Why thank you, Little Amy, for your critique. But I will put that list up against Matt and Mark’s list, which includes gems like “Narcissist in Chief” and “Hurting our Special Relationship With Britain.” Talk about a laugh. They are actually charging you money.

• tiredoflibbs May 9, 2013 / 6:58 pm

Pure comedy gold! If it weren’t so PATHETIC, it’d be funny.

watty the mindless drone regurgitates every tinfoil leftist dumbed down talking point:
      #1: Worst terrorist attack on US soil in the history of the republic.
      Like obama “got bin Laden”, he just happened to be in the chair when it happened.
      #2: Ignored reports of imminent threat of major terrorist attack.
      Uh, did those reports say when, where, how (on the entire globe). Benghazi had more specific and direct intelligence.
      #3: Illegally leaked the name of a covert CIA operative.
      Proof? None.
      #4: “Deficits don’t matter.”
      Oh, yeah. obAMATEUR spent more in less than half the time than Bush. Oh wait, your dumbed down answer is “it’s bush’s fault – he had to”. And I have primo lakefront property in New Orleans.
      #5: Federal government’s feeble response to Hurricane Katrina.
      Pales in comparison to Sandy. But the press is hush hush about it.
      #6: Invaded a sovereign nation that posed no threat to the US.
      Libya? And the lefty drones are silent on that.
      #7: No weapons of mass destruction found.
      Wrong. 800+ tons of various grade uranium for starters.
      #8: 36,395 military casualties of the Iraq war.
      A more credible source is in order: 4282 according to globalsecurity.org . It is amazing that libs could care less about casualties anywhere since they gained control.
      #9: “Ownership Society” results in epidemic of bad lending practices.
      It is a shame that Carter (created) and Clinton (and expanded) that program.
      #10: Financial collapse of 2008, the worst since the Great Depression.
      See #9
      #11: Can’t find Osama Bin Ladin.
      Uh, we did. thanks to Bush and interrogation.
      #12: Stops looking for Osama Bin Ladin.
      Oh, yeah, right. Again, reality says otherwise.
      #13: Eight administration officials go from the White House to prison.
      If they did the crime, then fine. But if they had someone caparable to Holder as attorney general, then all bets were off.
      #14: Officially sanctions torture as the policy of the US government.
      Oh right, having your picture taken with underwear on your head – bad. Navy Seals are water-boarded as part of their training. It’s not torture.
      #15: Abu Ghraib abuses by US military breed new generation of terrorists.
      Then we have reality – terrorists were attacking us anyway.
      Too bad, intelligence from other nations and evidence says otherwise. More tin foil for your hat?
      #17: Establishes Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
      It’s still open after numerous promises by obAMATEUR to close it.
      See #1.
      Now see Afghanistan.
      #20: Turns a federal surplus into a deficit.
      The surplus was a dream. Never existed. I guess you don’t know what “projected surplus” means.
      #21: The housing bubble.
      See #9.
      #22: Enron fraud and bankruptcy.
      Green energy scams has cost more. Enron was not Bush’s fault.
      #23: The collapse of the American automobile industry.
      Reality – no.
      #24: Failure to provide American soldiers in Iraq with body armor.
      Wrong.
      Really? Factcheck.org (leftist site) says otherwise. More tinfoil for your hat.
      So?
      #27: Average price of gas nearly doubles from 2001 to 2008.
      Weren’t for lack of trying, Katrina (refinery infrastructure severely damaged in the oil belt) and Dems obstructed every chance to expand drilling and refining capacities.
      #28: Destroys relationships with allies across the globe.
      Reality says otherwise but we’re a bigger laughing stock now.
      #29: Invades foreign nations under false pretenses.
      Iraq, read the original cease fire agreement from the first Gulf War, we already had justification. Again, Libya.
      Lies. Mission Accomplished was strictly for the carrier.
      #31: Invades Iraq without a UN mandate.
      Again, original cease fire agreement already authorized force on Iraq. Read it and learn.
      #32: Refuses to let Hurricane Katrina ruin his vacation.
      Really? The armed forces could not go in until Gov. Blanco gave permission. She did not until days after.
      #33: Warrantless wiretaps on US citizens.
      FISA allows for warrantless wire taps signed by Carter and expanded by Clinton. ObAMATEUR keeps them in force also.
      #34: Cuts taxes to benefit the rich; destroys US economy.
      Tax cuts were across the board. ObAMATEUR raised taxes on the poor and middle class to pay for obAMACARE.
      #35: Nominates Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.
      So? We now have Kagen (no legal experience as a judge) and Sotomeyer – real stalwarts of justice there. They’re hacks.
      #36: Actions lead to a stronger Iran as a Middle East power.
      Oh right. And obAMATEUR has put them under his thumb – He said he would meet with Iran unconditionally. Egypt and Libya are so stable. Syria is out of control. Shall I continue?
      Kanye West is an idiot.

Watty, your list is hysterical. Full of dumbed down debunked talking points. You are a good little mindless drone for regurgitating them so dutifully and without question. Pathetic.

Ok, no do a simple denial and deflect to something else.

• watsonthethird May 9, 2013 / 7:19 pm

tired, you homed in on the point–for once. Good for you. You get a gold star on your forehead. Yes, the list is absurd. About as absurd as Matt and Mark’s. Footnotes do not prove “scholarship” nor analysis nor accuracy nor worth.

• watsonthethird May 9, 2013 / 8:53 pm

lol. I’m just now reading some of your ridiculous rebuttals. You say:

#1: Worst terrorist attack on US soil in the history of the republic.

Obviously you have no rebuttal. At least in that sense you’re honest.

#8: 36,395 military casualties of the Iraq war.

Do you even understand what a casualty is? Apparently not.

Oh well, off to dinner. Keep up the good work, tired.

• tiredoflibbs May 9, 2013 / 9:32 pm

Watty:” Keep up the good work, tired.”

Hey, it’s especially easy when I am up against mental midgets and mindless drones such as yourself.

• Amazona May 10, 2013 / 10:48 am

The wattle spews the same mental sewage we have come to expect from him, and when it is debunked, point by point, the response is “Well, I didn’t MEAN it–I sounded like a brain-dead moron on purpose just to make a point”.

Classic wattle.

Mark and Matt have, as far as I can tell, detailed specific examples of Obama malfeasance and documented them. I can understand why this is so threatening to the wattles of the world, who are on their third or fourth set of kneepads and still swooning over the awesomeness that is Obama and marinating in their knee-jerk loathing of their own invented cartoonish perception of “conservatives”.

Too bad. You people dumped him onto the American public, and you are responsible for the damage that he has done and is doing. We understand that you are no longer just frantically defending Obama–you are frantically trying to defend YOURSELVES, because if it were not for people like you we would not be having this conversation.

And you are right—half of America is very angry at you, rightfully so, and furthermore thinks of you as complete idiots. And when we read Mark’s book, we will be upset at what Obama has done, but we will be more upset at people like you for putting him back in office.

Again—-too bad. You screwed up and we are having to pay the price. The funny thing is, so are you. You and your kind are getting slammed just as hard as the intelligent people who understood they were supposed to vote for a way of government and not for a pop culture hero. The funny part is that it is taking you by surprise. We knew what to expect, but those of you who voted for Obama expecting lollipops and unicorn rainbows and only the eeeeevil ONE PER CENT to get hit by the inevitable consequences of Obamarule are stunned—-STUNNED, I tell you!!—-by the reality that when the excrement flows downhill from the White House it will affect you, too.

• watsonthethird May 10, 2013 / 10:55 am

Debunked? As in, tired doesn’t know what a casualty is? Idiotic.

I love it when Little Amy goes to fantasy land and makes up entire backstories for commenters on B4V. Anything to entertain herself, I guess.

• M. Noonan May 9, 2013 / 11:15 pm

ROFL – we got you in quite a bind. You’re afraid to buy the book, so you can’t even begin to refute what we’ve said…so you just Blame Bush (which, by the by, is Reason #121 Blaming Bush and Congress). Makes writing the book entirely worth it.

• watsonthethird May 9, 2013 / 11:51 pm

In a bind? I’m hardly afraid to buy the book. I just doubt it is worth the $12.59 plus tax and shipping. I especially don’t feel like contributing money to Matt. I respect you more, but unfortunately I think you drank the Matt cool-aid on this one as he is one of the most partisan writers on the Internet.

And Mark, I’m not playing the “blame Bush” game. I’m actually on record here at B4V as saying that I don’t blame Bush for all the things that happened under his watch. No, I made up a silly list like your silly list to illustrated (a) how easy it is, and (b) how partisan the whole idea is. You all proved the latter by your knee-jerk reactions.

But “Narcissist in Chief”? Really? Hey, if you can make money off of this kind of think, then good for you. And if not, I’m glad the work you put into it was “entirely worth it” just to see my reaction to it. Happy to help.

• Amazona May 10, 2013 / 10:49 am

Mark, I was telling some people about your book last night and promised to buy an extra copy for a friend. Any way to get it signed?

• M. Noonan May 10, 2013 / 11:07 am

I’m sure it can be arranged – we’d have to round-robin it as Matt and I are on opposite sides of the country…but it can be figured out, I’m sure.

• M. Noonan May 10, 2013 / 11:10 am

Watson,

The Kindle version is cheaper – and you BLAMED BUSH in your own comment…all that you collected is a “let’s blame Bush in order to deflect from the book’s points without addressing them”. I realize that it is money out of pocket – and I realize that it is money which will go towards Matt and my plan to Take Over The World. But its not that much, and if you wish to critique it, you should read it.

• watsonthethird May 10, 2013 / 11:50 am

Hmm, last comment in moderation, possibly because of the link. I’ll try again.

Mark, let me try again. My list was satire. Get it? But let’s get back to your book. I looked it up on Amazon, which leads me to the paperback version, which lo and behold, can be previewed. For example, anyone can read the chapter on 21: More Debt Than All Past Presidents… Combined, all 131 words of it. (And I am counting every number and the initial “W.” as a word.)

Absent is any analysis of why the debt rose so precipitously. What were the circumstances that President Obama inherited at the beginning of his first term? Could they have anything to do with it? What specific policies of President Obama’s led to this? You don’t cite a single policy, not even the evil stimulus. Did the actions of Congress have anything to do with it?

In fact, the next chapter 22: Taxpayer-Funded Vacations is much longer, presumably because it’s easier to rail at Obama’s supposed insensitivity than it is to do some actual analysis of important issues like the growing deficit.

For anyone contemplating the purchase of this book, the Amazon preview will allow you to examine several chapters and you can make up your own mind.

• neocon01 May 10, 2013 / 1:04 pm

Mark, Ama

I will be in Buffalo in July, might be able to get a couple signed then by Matt.

• M. Noonan May 10, 2013 / 7:35 pm

Satire? I’m not going to buy that.

As for the book, of course each reason is not given a book-length treatment…but they all explain why it is tied to Obama and is one of the 150 reasons he’s the Worst President. Context is important – Obama promised to halve the then-$450 billion or so deficit by the end of his first term…instead, he piled up more debt than all other Presidents, combined. You can say – but what did we get for it? Other reasons among the 150 will tell you, and it ain’t a pretty picture. You can’t just pick out one or two things – the book has a structure and is designed to be read in totality.

Unless and until you show a little guts and buy the book, you can’t condemn it in whole or in part.

Oh, and if you think its still a bit thin after you’ve read it – there will be a 2nd term edition, for which we are already gathering information. It’ll probably be north of 300 reasons by then, if the first term is any example. I’m telling you – assuring you, from the bottom of my heart, until you read the whole book, you simply won’t know. From the most frothing-at-the-mouth Obama hater to the most devoted Obama kool-aid-drinker, no one has this, whole story. Matt and I did the leg work and put together the disparate threads. Pick it up. Read it. If you dare.

• watsonthethird May 10, 2013 / 11:50 pm

Fine, Mark. I’ll take you at your word even if you won’t mine.

The Amazon preview is extensive and it would surprise me if the style of the rest of the book is different from what is in the preview. I think anyone can get a very good idea of the overall contents of the book from the preview. Isn’t that the purpose of a preview?

So if I buy the book, would you be willing to show some guts and post my review of it on B4V, good or bad? If you dare? (And if you aren’t afraid of that, then what assurances would I have that you would indeed post the review here instead of simply ignoring it?)

• watsonthethird May 10, 2013 / 11:53 pm

And I don’t mean as a comment buried in a thread, I mean as an article on B4V.

• Amazona May 11, 2013 / 10:18 am

Oh,wattle, you are quite the little delusional narcissist, aren’t you?

Narcissistic in that for some reason you think you have any standing on this blog and are in a position to demand anything. You are nothing but noise, as you only come here to snipe at your betters.

Delusional in that you seem to think anyone is going to pay any attention to you.

State a political belief—that is, a choice made by you regarding the way you think this nation should be governed—and then support it with historical evidence and fact. This is what it would take to move out of the rabble of shrill squealers into the arena of actual political discourse. Every conservative here has done this, some of us many times over, and so have established the credentials to be taken seriously here. You, and your kind, never have. You are nothing but wannabe blog vandals, and as such have no standing to demand that any of us do anything.

Being devoid of actual thought or ideology, being driven only by the cult of personality, you merely lurk until someone else says something, and then you lurch in to attack what was said.

Fine. This is who and what you are, and this defines your ability. But it does not qualify you for respect here, or to dictate to anyone who or what should be allowed.

Neo, while being abrasive and blunt, still posts more actual content on this blog in a day than you have since you barged in here to spew your hate-driven spite and malice.

As for what you “think”—-NO ONE CARES

• watsonthethird May 11, 2013 / 2:04 pm

Little Amy, this is a thread about Matt and Mark’s book, which I have commented on here in the comments. You, on the other hand, have come here simply to denigrate other posters in every single post you have made. And if don’t care what I say or think, then stop responding to my posts. I don’t think you have it in you.

• Amazona May 11, 2013 / 8:49 pm

waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa bawls the blog vandal wannabe.

Grow up and quit whining.

All you are doing is sniping at Mark and Matt, bleating about a book you haven’t even read, and spewing your incessant negativity.

And let’s face it, there is nothing positive to say about you.

If you bother to look, and care a whit about the truth, you will see that I have a record of posting ideas, outlining a coherent political philosophy and then explaining it and defending it, and exchanging ideas in actual political and philosophical discourse. You snivel about me commenting on your lies, your idiocy, and your hatefulness. Well, guess what? If you were not a lying and hateful moron I would not do so.

As I have pointed out before, you have nothing to offer. All you try to do is take away from what someone else has done or said. And then you posture as someone with the standing to make demands of others on the blog, lay down your own rules, and in general act as if anyone here gives a flip about anything you say or do.

You are irrelevant, annoying noise—always have been,and based on what we have seen always will be.

• watsonthethird May 11, 2013 / 9:41 pm

No, Little Amy, you have a record of posting lengthy insults which apparently are meant to impress us. It is truly the ONLY contribution you have made to this thread, including your post above. Why don’t you talk about Matt and Mark’s book for a change? Surely you have purchased it and read it by now.

• meursault1942 May 10, 2013 / 3:16 am

Those are actual items from the book? Yikes. Looks like that thing is exactly what one would think it is: A compendium of right-wing talking points from January of 2009 until now. It certainly takes what Michele Bachmann would call “choots-pah” for some die-hard Bushies to accuse a president other than George W. Bush of “Exploiting Disaster and Tragedy to Push Agenda,” though, so that was pretty amusing. As was them calling Obama “The First Anti-Israel President” when Israel just bestowed its highest civilian honor upon him.

But the target audience is people who already believed these talking points anyway, so maybe Matt and Mark can squeeze a few bucks off of them as they hope to.

• watsonthethird May 10, 2013 / 10:44 am

Well, you see, if an American president doesn’t allow Israel to dictate American foreign policy, then that president is “Anti-Israel.”

As far as buying this book, and Mark’s accusation that those of us who don’t buy it are afraid, Mark has to remember that he and Matt have a reputation through their writing on this blog. I’ve been reading their stuff for six years or so. Matt, especially, is highly partisan, but they both are ideological and agenda-driven. They ignore facts that don’t support their agenda, and so on. So why would we think their book would be any different? Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, so the odds are quite high that we already know the style of this book, and as meursault says, we know the target audience.

• Amazona May 10, 2013 / 10:52 am

Yeah, Israel just LOOOOOVES Barry.

Is it truly possible that anyone—-anyone at all—believes that Israel gave him this award because it reflects what the country really thinks of him?

Really?

It wasn’t just an effort to appease the Great Narcissist and a hope it might sway him from his ardent support for Israel’s enemies?

• watsonthethird May 10, 2013 / 11:52 am

meursault, see my comment above about previewing the book on Amazon. Then you can make up your own mind if it is “exactly what one would think it is.”

• meursault1942 May 11, 2013 / 1:45 pm

“see my comment above about previewing the book on Amazon. Then you can make up your own mind if it is “exactly what one would think it is.””

I did, and it is. Like you said upthread, one can read a pretty sizable chunk of it via the preview (especially when it doesn’t take many pages to constitute a “sizable chunk,” as the book is very slight), and it really is just a recitation of talking points. No analysis, no context, no nothing. Just talking points. But a big part of that problem may be that, to use the case of the example you give above (“More Debt Than All Past Presidents… Combined”), the talking points are outright falsehoods. Analysis and context would only expose them as such, so better for them to just write the talking points and move on (and that’s not even getting into the brazen hypocrisy that defines many of the entries as well). I already learned firsthand a few weeks ago that this is Mark’s debate style: He shoots out clouds of falsehoods and fallacies like a frightened squid shoots out clouds of ink. No surprise that his book follows the same pattern.

Obviously, the object here is for Matt and Mark to make money (which they’re going about rather poorly–see below), but as a compendium of talking points, the book could serve a useful purpose in the future: Cataloging the derangement that conservatives suffered during the Obama presidency.

As far as the goal of making money goes, they’re playing that game all wrong. They’re desperate to sell books, but they don’t have the name recognition to be able to sell them based on name alone, and the content is literally the exact same stuff they’ve been giving out for free on this blog (the talking points are the talking points, after all). The people who’ve heard of them have already read the book here for free, so there’s no incentive to buy. If they’re trying to monetize their content, they’d be better served just setting up a tip jar in the blog template.

• M. Noonan May 11, 2013 / 6:11 pm

Meur,

You can go to Factcheck, if you like, but the figures we use in the book are from Obama’s Treasury Department.

• Amazona May 11, 2013 / 11:12 pm

wino is just being a typical Lib. He does not address the actual book but just whines on and on about some vague perception of the book. He does not read it and then engage in dialogue about a claim in the book, offering rebuttal in the form of documented contradiction to what was said, but just makes sweeping dismissive statements and concentrates on trying to insult the authors.

This is Classic Lefty—focus on distractions and personality and personal attacks.

“He shoots out clouds of falsehoods and fallacies like a frightened squid shoots out clouds of ink. No surprise that his book follows the same pattern.”

This is what seems to pass for intellectual discourse from people like this—elaborate, though fey and foolish, verbal constructs which say nothing but lead to a snide dismissal. And, of course, based on no actual information whatsoever, just a feeling.

• Amazona May 11, 2013 / 11:14 pm

Oh, Mark, you silly frightened squid you, quoting government figures like that.

“frightened squid…” What a hoot.

• meursault1942 May 12, 2013 / 1:48 am

No, Mark, factcheck.org used Treasury figures. You most likely just used an email forward:

And it’s also untrue — as claimed in a graphic widely circulated by email and in social media postings — that the debt has increased more under Obama than under all previous 43 presidents combined. In fact, as of Jan. 31, 2012, the rise under Obama had yet to surpass the rise under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

The figures in that graphic are pure fabrications, as anyone can easily confirm by plugging Obama’s inauguration date — Jan. 20, 2009 — in the Treasury Department’s handy “debt to the penny” website.

See that? Treasury department.

You, meanwhile, are merely reciting talking points, just like I said.

See, the problem that you’re having is that you’re trying to pretend that your book is just a sober accounting of facts when it’s quite obviously just a partisan screed based on little more than animosity and factually-challenged talking points. If you would just admit that your book is a partisan screed, that would be one thing, but you keep insisting that it isn’t. Do you honestly think people can’t tell that you’re lying about that? Or can you honestly not tell the difference between the two?