Fight or Die

In light of the cowardly way we ran and hid in Boston when two terrorists were loose; given the reaction of the British crowd to a soldier being massacred by two Muslims in Britain; as we watch the Swedes endure day after day of Islamist youth on a rampage, I’ve come to a conclusion.  It was neatly solidified when Walter Russell Mead quoted In Flanders Fields in his Memorial Day column:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky,
The larks, still bravely singing, fly,
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead; short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Mead correctly points out that the poem does not call for us to feel sorry for the dead, but to carry on their fight.  Mead was more of a mind to remind us not to just pity, but to remember and to honor what the dead fought for.  For me, its a slightly different take.  As a person who had read libraries of history with a definite concentration on military matters, I remember all of the men of our civilization who have fought.  To me, any man who took up arms in his nation’s cause and who did his duty honorably and nobly is worthy of my respect and remembrance – and my best efforts to see that what is right and good in our civilization is defended.  Of course those who died for my nation hold pride of place in my heart and mind, but I spare a thought, from time to time, for those British who died for King and Country; those Russian who bled for their Tsar; those Kaisertreu Hapsburg soldiers who faced hopeless odds at Sadowa.  All of them stood forth and did their duty as men, as Christians and as citizens of our common civilization.

These days, we don’t do much as men, Christians or citizens.  Only a tiny minority of us serve, at all.  I wonder, deep down, how many of us would fight if pressed to it.  Yes, indeed, I wonder if I would.  I hope I would.  I hope, that is, if I am ever confronted with enemies setting upon one of my people with knives that I would join the fray – not with any thought of winning or surviving, but only of showing the enemy that we fight – and fight for each other, even against terrible odds.  The enemy certainly fights.  You can call Islamism whatever you will.  You, first off, won’t be any more condemnatory than I am.  Secondly, it doesn’t matter – it is what they believe and it is what they will fight for.  What will we fight for?

The enemy confronts a weak-kneed, socialized, multi-cultural mush which does not even carry a sword, let alone know how to use it.  Why was that British soldier unarmed?  For that matter, why were our own soldiers at Ft. Hood unarmed, sitting ducks?  To our elites, this is as it should be – because cowards to a man and woman, they think that swords breed war.  They are wrong; cowardice and greed breed war – and we are being both cowardly and greedy.  Latching on to consumer goods and personal comfort without even an ounce of courage to fight for the tattered remnants of the civilization which provides our goodies and personal comfort.  The enemy is also greedy – greedy for what we have; but they are not cowardly – they are quite brave.  Brave enough to drive a sword in to us as far as it will go – and with their strongest contempt being towards those who speak words of “peace” and want us all to respect Islam.

Will we ever fight?  Right now, this very day, somewhere in the world (and likely in many different places) a non-Muslim is being robbed, raped or murdered by a Muslim.  They kill us in our own streets as often as they can – what do you think they do to non-Muslims who are entirely in their power?  Go do a Google search if you don’t believe – just search “Muslim+Murder+Christian”.  See the results.  Read them, as long as your stomach can take it.  Why are they doing it?  Because they can and because they believe they should – and they will carry ever more of that to us unless we fight them.

But will we?  I doubt.  I, as I’ve said, have read a lot of military history.  I think of the soldiers on Bataan – cut off, on 1/4 rations, ammunition low, no medicine, no hope of aid…and still they fought on, those Battling Bastards of Bataan, betrayed by their own nation and left to die…but determined to sell their lives with usury against the enemy until all methods of resistance were exhausted.  Do any of you reading this believe that we have that sort of courage today?  The enemy does.  He held out for 6 weeks in Fallujah in similar circumstances.  Sure, we crushed him – but we also had overwhelming superiority.  If the positions were reversed, I do wonder what would happen.  This is not a slur upon our troops – it is a slur upon us; imagine if an American unit were trapped and doomed…would we stand firm while they fought and only considered that we’d have to pay the enemy back?  Or would we wring our hands and demand a “cease fire” so that “peace talks” could ensue and our troops be brought out?

Swords don’t breed war; they breed peace.  Armed and ready to use our weapons, we’d have a much better chance of peace with our enemies.  Indeed, armed and ready to use our weapons, we’d have a much better chance of befriending our enemies.  You can’t keep the sword pointed at each other forever – you either have to thrust, or mutually lower it, and come to some sort of workable arrangement.  And from an arrangement you can get actual peace…and maybe, at times, even friendship…but an armed friendship.  A friendship of no illusions.  A friendship which both friends know may at some time need to be broken – and so both friends better stay armed and ready to fight…even if its merely against a common enemy who wishes to destroy both.  We keep alternating between “negotiations” with the enemy while dropping the odd, drone-carried hellfire missile and all we’ll get is enemies who hold us in ever greater contempt – who will come to believe (if they haven’t already) that killing us is doing us a favor, because why should such lilly-livered people suffer to live?

It is fight or die – it is carry the battle to the enemy and start to drive our sword in to him as far as it will go, or we will eventually go down.  Of course, to fight we have to believe in something.  I believe in God and His Holy Church; I believe in our sublime Declaration of Independence.  I’ll fight for that.  I hope others will, too.  But I wonder if there are enough believers of any sort among us – believers who can and will fight for what they believe.  Time will tell.

55 thoughts on “Fight or Die

1. americanforchange May 28, 2013 / 1:00 am

Great article. I believe we need to get off of our butts and bring this country back to the way it once was and should always be.

• M. Noonan May 28, 2013 / 1:24 am

Thanks – it has just been really bothering me of late, how we just lay back and take it…how we’re letting people – women and children – be massacred in foreign countries while our “leaders” lecture us on how we’re not supposed to jump to conclusions or draw any line between the Muslim Act and the Muslim Religion.

Peace is indeed very sweet and all efforts should be made to preserve it – but the other side is not interested in peace and, indeed, believes they are winning…and not just in the wastelands of the Islamic world, but right here in the United States. They won’t stop unless we stop them.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 8:22 am

They won’t stop unless we stop them.

BINGO!!

2. Retired Spook May 28, 2013 / 7:06 am

Mark,

Don’t you know that the War on Terror is coming to an end because TOWHABWF said it must end. I mean, that’s it — over.

On too many occasions to count I’ve asked the Lefties who post here what they would be willing to risk their lives for. I can’t recall ever getting a serious answer. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do when their efforts to take the country without force eventually and inevitably fail. My hope would be that we take it back without firing a shot, but should violence be required, there’s no doubt in my mind which side of the political spectrum will stand up and fight.

Excellent post, BTW.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 7:53 am

Mark
      I posted a week or so ago that it was a beautiful day out and I was going to take the bike for a ride with the princess and my .380. One of the TROLLS had a hissy fit that I would DARE to carry CCW let alone even mention it. He brought it up constantly here and even raged about it at the pitchfork.
      I can tell you this in all earnest had I been there in England and this jihadist was hacking some soldier with a meat cleaver there would have been a different result, this is not bravado, this is sanity in an insane world. Why do you think this regime is hell bound to disarm us and make the DHS into a national police force? Think Germany 1939 and the gestapo.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 8:02 am

meanwhile back in obambas ameriKa.
      Memorial Day Weekend Shootings: Chicago Violence Leaves 6 Dead, 11 Hurt Since Friday

but armed DHS has to line the streets for TEA party rallies.
      WAKE UP AMERICA!!

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 8:16 am

TOWHABWF ??
      can this be interpenetrated in a public forum?? 🙂

• Retired Spook May 28, 2013 / 8:20 am

The One We Have All Been Waiting For.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 8:23 am

LOL
        the one all right…….

• M. Noonan May 28, 2013 / 11:29 am

I doubt they would – though I have some concerns with how they are treating our military that in some cases they are trying to make a force which is de-Christianized and thus likely to blindly obey orders…in other words, getting people to fight for them.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 12:18 pm

Spook
        the Kangaroo court show trial soon coming to a local network……let this be a warning to those who stand up and defend themselves.

Trayvon Martin was angry about losing a fight in the hours before he was shot dead by George Zimmerman, claim defence attorneys

THEN……Zimmerman’s attorneys hope to show jurors photos of Trayvon Martin smoking what appears to be marijuana, and several photos of a handgun found on Martin’s cell phone
        Zimmerman’s lawyers want to explain to jurors that Martin was an experienced fighter who used drugs and purple drank.
        A judge will rule next month on what evidence will be allowed at trial

Now REALITY…………..Judge Smacks Down Zimmerman’s Latest Request
        Photos of angelic 10 yo tra von to follow….

• J. R. Babcock (@JRBabcock) May 28, 2013 / 6:22 pm

The biggest problem the Left has going forward is that most of them don’t believe in anything WORTH fighting for.

OT, but a handful of George Washington University professors are pushing to have Obama’s likeness put on Mount Rushmore. Don’t they realize he’s already been memorialized.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 6:38 pm

j.r.
        what it will look like

3. neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 5:08 pm

homes

inspirational people ? Cornel west??????? REALLY?
    ROTFLMAO…….

• M. Noonan May 28, 2013 / 6:12 pm

Neocon,

Don’t be too hard on brother Cornel – while he has been hoodwinked in to think that race is the explanation for everything, he is at least at times seeing some of the problem. Pray, instead, that he gains full enlightenment.

• neocon01 May 28, 2013 / 6:19 pm

even though he is a marxist he is no fan of OzerO…so prayers may be in order, there may be hope.

• M. Noonan May 29, 2013 / 8:00 pm

Neocon,

That is the way to do it – remember, ultimate victory for our side means going to their side and offering any of them with any sense a better future.

4. Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 29, 2013 / 2:43 pm

I’d like to know anyone’s opinion of the possible 2016 dimocratic Presidential contender Anthony Weiner choosing Eric Holder as a running mate.

Is there a Republican team out there that can beat

Weiner Holder ?

• neocon01 May 29, 2013 / 2:53 pm

hillery & holder

weinerless – holder

• Retired Spook May 29, 2013 / 3:48 pm

Actually, now that it’s come out that Holder not only discussed and signed off on the subpoena for phone and email intercepts for Fox News reporter James Rosen, but also went judge shopping for the subpoena, I don’t think he’ll be running on ANY ticket ANY TIME SOON. Hopefully he’ll end up in Leavenworth where he and a number of other members of this corrupt regime belong.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 29, 2013 / 4:23 pm

Oh Puh-LEEZ!
        Holder sold weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels used to kill American Border Patrol agents — SKATED!
        Refused to prosecute (or even consider) Voter intimidation from truncheon carrying Black Panthers —SKATED!
        Withheld evidence to obtain a pardon for the largest tax cheat in US history who was on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted List; Marc Rich —SKATED!
        Refused to prosecute “Too Big to Fail” HSBC for demonstrable money laundering —SKATED!
        Managed the FBI Operation that supplied explosives to Timothy McVeigh —SKATED!
        Ordered the illegal seizure and deportation of Elian Gonzales —SKATED!

Leavenworth? It will be Holder-Weiner by 2016.

• Retired Spook May 29, 2013 / 4:28 pm

Oh Puh-LEEZ!

Well, Count, when you put it THAT way, he does give a whole new meaning to the term “Teflon”.

BTW, I hope you have links for all those allegations, in case Watson comes riding in here on his tin horse to challenge you.

• neocon01 May 29, 2013 / 4:41 pm

maybe
        OJ- Holder-Weiner by 2016.

• neocon01 May 29, 2013 / 4:54 pm

Spook

you mean after he investigates him self, he will indite him self, and prosecute himself??
        I think we will have better luck if he went looking for OJ’s wifes killer or barrys BC.

• neocon01 May 29, 2013 / 4:59 pm

count …..skated this too
        AG Eric Holder’s Armed Occupation of Columbia U ROTC
        However, Columbia, in the middle of Harlem, refused to establish a Black studies program, even given grant money earmarked to do so. This, coupled with the fact that there was no space for the black students to call their own led to unrest in the black community. In 1970, a group of armed black students seized the abandoned ROTC office on the first floor of Hartley Hall. The students, joined by the then State Senator David Patterson renamed the space the Malcolm X lounge, in honor of a man who recognized the importance of territory as a basis for nationhood. Subsequently, murals were painted on the walls depicting black leaders such as Marcus Garvey and Sekou Toure.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 29, 2013 / 5:30 pm

Spook,

It’s a new day here; I’ll waste no time proving anything to Watson or any other speed-bump.

If youwould like more information, simply highlight the sentence, right click and search. Those and many more will pop up; as neo found out vis-à-vis Columbia; nice hair, btw. He looks like Freddie Boom-boom Washington from Welcome Back, Kotter.

• Retired Spook May 29, 2013 / 5:45 pm

It’s a new day here

A new day, eh? I’ve sort of been on a self-imposed sabbatical. Did I miss the memo?

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 29, 2013 / 6:18 pm

We’ll see; I must say it was a pleasure to have a conversation and disagree with Mark and others here without having the conversations hijacked.We might actually be able to discuss among ourselves the issues of the day, or even … dare I say? … even have a conversation with a Liberal? i mean a real conversation; give and take, offer something, learn something, exchange ideas and find common ground?

Hope Springs eternal.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 29, 2013 / 7:56 pm

I’m curious Spook, since the prosecution has admitted to withholding evidence and misconduct in the Zimmerman case, do you think it’s part of an effort to get the case thrown out so they won’t have to go through with it? I am of the opinion that they’d rather claim incompetence before the trial than during.

The case proves weaker by the day as more facts come out about Trayvon, I doubt a jury anywhere will be convinced that Zimmerman is the aggressor once they see/hear the real Trayvon.

• M. Noonan May 30, 2013 / 12:16 am

Count,

I, for one, believe that the prosecution just messed up – intentionally, in a certain sense, because they were trying to go along with the race-baiting which the Martin case was supposed to inflame (perhaps successfully). Whether or not the prosecutor can squeeze a guilty verdict out of this remains to be seen – usually, the defendant in these sorts of cases cops a plea just to get the mess over with. I believe, though that Zimmerman should stick to his guns – all evidence which has emerged so far indicates he’s innocent of any wrong-doing…even innocent of bad judgement. But, we’ll see – and if it really goes to trial, then we’ll see all that the prosecutor has and be able to finally decide the truth of the matter.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 30, 2013 / 11:30 am

Mark,
        I see your point, but let’s remember a trial isn’t about finding the truth, it’s about finding and laying blame.

As I mentioned to neo below, an incident occurred, a man is dead. The police did their job, the State now has to do its job. An overzealous prosecution is sometimes the price we pay for our system of justice. With skilled attorneys and enough evidence the innocent should be vindicated.

From everything I’ve read, Zimmerman is guilty of no crime. Trayvon had larceny in mind, was an angry young man and felt entitled. His road would have ended in the same place regardless of who was the moving party.

Trayvon was destined to start an altercation that would end in his death or the death of someone else. Either way his life was spinning out of control and Zimmerman just happened to be there when it finally happened.

I sincerely hope the jury hears all of the story of what brought Trayvon to that place that night.

• neocon01 May 30, 2013 / 10:12 am

count

I have followed this closely from the beginning (GZ). It was a nothing shooting and GZ was cleared by the Sanford PD and local district attorney.
      tra von’s greedy parents contacted a known racist, rabble rousing, POS “attorney” and it went down hill from there. Fla’s GOP governor got involved and the witch hunt began….
      I WILL NOT VOTE for scott again PERIOD, nor will I support rube-io
      This whole matter is a sad joke and shows our citizens can be thrown under the bus and face a life sentence in prison because our rat politicians capitulated to a howling racist MOB out of FEAR of riotous retaliations….COWARDS are what they are. GOP COWARDS imagine that!!

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 30, 2013 / 11:06 am

neo,
        I saw the response you received from Rubio and in his defense, he stated to you what Zimmerman had been charged with; in that Stand your ground is defensible but hunting down and killing (which as much as we believe was not the case) is not. Rubio’s statement was ham-handed I agree, but I think he was giving a lawyerly answer to a difficult question. In any event, Rubio could not and should not make declarations of innocence or guilt on a case pending.

Just my thoughts; btw, since i left yesterday I think this site smells like an old hippy was riding a goat through here? I swear it smells like patchouli and shame.

The janitorial service got a little behind. But we left the windows open to air out the place. //Moderator.

• ricorun June 2, 2013 / 7:21 pm

How about Hillary Haricots?

5. J. R. Babcock (@JRBabcock) May 29, 2013 / 9:54 pm

You don’t strike me as a “fight or die” type, Mitch — maybe more of a scream & run type. Is there anything or anyone that you’d risk your life for?

6. Jeremiah May 30, 2013 / 12:21 am

Great post, Mark.

Cross of the South

“Oh! say can you see, through the gloom and the storm,
    More bright for the darkness, that pure constellation?
    Like the symbol of love, and redemption its form,
    As it points to the haven of hope for the nation.
    How radiant each star, as the beacon afar,
    Giving promise of peace, or assurance in war!
    ‘Tis the Cross of the South, which shall ever remain,
    To light us to freedom, and glory again!

How peaceful and blest was America’s soil,
    ‘Till betrayed by the guile of the Liberal demon,
    Which lurks under virtue, and springs from its coil,
    To fasten its fangs in the life blood of freemen,
    Then boldly appeal, to each heart that can feel,
    And crush the foul viper ‘neath liberty’s heel!
    And the Cross of the South shall in triumph remain,
    To light us to freedom and glory again.

‘Tis the emblem of peace, ’tis the day star of hope,
    Like the sacred Labarum that guided the Roman,
    From the shore of the Gulf, to the Delaware’s slope,
    ‘Tis the trust of the free, and the terror of foeman,
    Fling its folds to the air, while we boldly declare,
    The rights we demand, or the deeds that we dare!
    While the Cross of the South shall in triumph remain,
    To light us to freedom and glory again.

And if peace should be hopeless, and justice denied,
    And war’s bloody vulture should flap its black pinions,
    Then gladly “to arms,” while we hurl in our pride,
    Defiance to tyrants, and death to their minions!
    With our front in the field, swearing never to yield,
    Or return like the Spartan, in death on our shield!
    And the Cross of the South shall triumphantly wave,
    As the flag of the free, or the pall of the brave!”

Let’s Roll!

7. seniorwoman May 30, 2013 / 5:53 am

Did you put a flag on a veteran’s grave? Sit next to a grave of the fallen? Decorate a grave of a veteran? Go to a Memorial Day remembrance at the VA or American Legion?

Words are fine, actions speak louder.

• neocon01 May 30, 2013 / 10:03 am

oldlady

SOME of us have held actually dieing men in our arms giving them aid, some of us ride as escorts and act as honor guards for out fallen comrads. some of us are active members of the American legion & VFW… SOME of us have been shot at in combat . WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??
      visited a few graves?? BFD… when you have walked in our shoes then come back and lecture us -until then XXXXX

tsk tsk // Moderator

• seniorwoman May 30, 2013 / 12:13 pm

neo: It is unfortunate that the name I used “chrissyann” is no longer available to me. If you remember me you know that I am a retired RN. And yes, I have held dying in my arms. Too many. I am a member of the American Legion auxillary and also the VFW. My husband was a Vietnam veteran. I have never been shot at in combat. But I sat with many vets who have and listened to their stories. I listened to my husband’s stories. He served 6 years in the Navy, USS Hancock, south China sea.
        I am sorry if I offended you in any way. It wasn’t my intention to lecture. God Bless you for your service.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 30, 2013 / 11:16 am

seniorwoman,
      Yes, last weekend my wife and I drove from the USS Iowa to the USS Midway and stopped to place a flag at my father’s resting place; WWII Vet Army Air Corps; may G-d rest his soul.

And respect for the fallen is not an outward act; respect is the deeply held belief that the men and women who served our country have earned our respect and our eternal gratitude. It is my belief that even if I only place the American Flag on my home and say a silent prayer that no more should die for my freedom, but thank G-d they are there to do so, if I thank a veteran for their service and let them know we support them, then I have done what the fallen would have me do.

Thanks for asking.

• seniorwoman May 30, 2013 / 12:22 pm

My respect for the fallen is an outward act. Maybe b/c so many of my family served in the military. Our family has lost relatives in battle since WW1. For me, placing flowers or flags on graves is a solemn duty. One I am honored to do. I understand what you are saying and thank you for your acts of remembrance.

• Retired Spook May 30, 2013 / 12:22 pm

Count, I think many Americans share those sentiments — I know I do.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 30, 2013 / 12:41 pm

While I was out this last weekend, I overheard someone thanking a vet; the elderly gentleman turned and said, “Thanks, but this is a day to remember the dead, Veterans Day is the day to say thanks to a veteran.” As he walked away his wife turned back with a smile and said, “He’s not dead yet.”

perhaps we should pay our respects to the fallen as an act to the living vets to remind them a grateful nation will remember their sacrifices after they too have gone.

To quote lyrics from a song I remember,

“Gravestones cheer the living, dear,
        they’re no use to the dead.”

• neocon01 May 30, 2013 / 8:03 pm

senior
        My apologies, there have been many TROLLs posting here lately under different names daily. I ASSumed you were being snarky and possibly a newly named troll.
        Many Thanks for you and you’re husbands service……hope you stick around and contribute 🙂

• Jeremiah May 30, 2013 / 8:26 pm

Yes Ma’am!

• M. Noonan May 30, 2013 / 10:45 pm

Senior,

Well, your comment is pitched in the tone of a lecture. At any rate, I visit a veteran’s grave whenever I visit my father, USMC 1944-1946, RIP.

8. Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) May 30, 2013 / 1:16 pm

“Harvey Whittemore, once the most powerful lobbyist in Nevada and the head of a billion-dollar development company, was convicted Wednesday of using family and employees to funnel illegal campaign contributions to U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in 2007.”

Now, why does this all sound so familiar, Mark? And when does the ,i>other shoe drop?

• neocon01 May 30, 2013 / 7:59 pm

An interesting E mail,
      Wonder if it is true…….

What does this word mean?
      Dhimmitude

The word “Dhimmitude” is found in the new health care bill; so what does it
      mean?

Thought this was interesting and worth passing on.

Obama used it in the health care bill.
      Now isn’t this interesting?
      It is also included in the health care law.

Dhimmitude — I had never heard the word until now. I typed it into Google
      and started reading. Pretty interesting. It’s on page 107 of the healthcare
      bill. I looked this up on Google and yep, it exists.. It is a REAL word.

Dhimmitude is the Muslim system of controlling non-Muslim populations
      conquered through jihad (Holy War). Specifically, it is the TAXING of
      non-Muslims in exchange for tolerating their presence AND as a coercive
      means of converting conquered remnants to Islam.

ObamaCare allows the establishment of Dhimmitude and Sharia Muslim diktat in
      the United States . Muslims are specifically exempted from the government
      mandate to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for being
      uninsured. Islam considers insurance to be “gambling”, “risk-taking”, and
      “usury” and is thus banned. Muslims are specifically granted exemption based
      on this.

How convenient. So I, as a Christian, will have crippling IRS liens placed
      against all of my assets, including real estate, cattle, and even accounts
      receivable, and will face hard prison time because I refuse to buy insurance
      or pay the penalty tax. Meanwhile, Louis Farrakhan will have no such penalty
      and will have 100% of his health insurance needs paid for by the de facto
      government insurance. Non-Muslims will be paying a tax to subsidize Muslims.
      This is Dhimmitude.

I recommend sending this on to your contacts.
      American citizens need to know about it —

• Amazona May 31, 2013 / 8:25 am

neo, this is not true. It has been circulating for quite a while now and every time it pops up here it has been debunked as a fraud. When I have gotten it in an e-mail, asking me to “send it on” I have replied to every person on the list that they should NOT “send it on” because it is not true, and furthermore reflects very badly on those who send it on without even checking it out for veracity.

• tiredoflibbs May 31, 2013 / 9:39 am

Here is something true about 0bamacare – you know the “law” that will lower insurance premiums and lower medical costs (while increasing taxes on the poor and middle class – but SSSHHHHHHH that is a secret!), it has caused increases in medical care and premiums faster than before the “law” was “passed” (not through some finagling in the Senate through other means).

One of many:

• neocon01 May 31, 2013 / 3:13 pm

Ama

thanks that is why I asked….and did not pass it on until I found out…

• M. Noonan May 30, 2013 / 10:48 pm

Count,

What is astounding is that someone corrupt and connected to Reid finally got nailed – Reid has the entire political, judicial and media establishment in Nevada cowed. As has been said of him, while former Senator Bryan would go to bed at night wondering if he had shaken everyone’s hand, Reid goes to bed at night wondering if he’s gotten even with everyone who offended him. He’s a tough as nails fighter and takes no prisoners. But there is plenty of evidence of his corruption, as Matt and I detailed in “Caucus” back in 2007. We’ll see how long this goes on – given that Reid is getting on in years and still has great ambitions for his son, he might step down come 2016 – and his support for gun control, horribly unpopular in rural Nevada, indicates that he’s no longer concerned about vote-getting, per se. But if he does run in 2016, I’m already prepared to write “Worst Senator” for a late 2015 release.