Secession is the Answer Update

Spreading like wildfire around the country:

There’s nothing like a guy with a few million bucks to lend instant credibility to a previously penny-ante movement to split up the state of California.

Venture capitalist Tim Draper of Silicon Valley has filed paperwork for a November ballot measure that would divide California into six states, calling the Golden State as presently constituted “too big and bloated.”

I think that six is a bit high, but the point still holds – California is too big and bloated.
I think this idea will start to get legs – people are tired of out of touch, remote government.

7 thoughts on “Secession is the Answer Update

1. 02casper January 7, 2014 / 8:10 pm

I would be ok with this. With 38 million people, CA. residents are under represented in the Senate.

• dbschmidt January 7, 2014 / 11:56 pm

Senate is represented, at present, by two persons per State. Originally designed by the Founders as a representation for each State it it has been perverted via Wilson (among others) to be weakened to failure (Amendment 17) by Progressive undermining and determined by the same morons that re-elect some real losers because of a popular vote (Reid, Pelosi, etc.). Originally, each State’s Senate was designed to appoint their Senators to Congress. Senate is designed to represent each of the States at State level.

Representatives are the choice of and supposedly for the People. This has always been done by a more popular vote. Representatives or Reprehensible is the choice of the voting population.

It really is not that complicated. This is our house of CongressCritters–the House to represent the people, the Senate to represent the State. The biggest problem is if I shoved my boot up your ass is that would stop your entire mental train–that is with consideration your mental crap flows straight through without consideration. Through a goose so to speak.

• tiredoflibbs January 8, 2014 / 7:48 am

db: “It really is not that complicated. This is our house of CongressCritters–the House to represent the people, the Senate to represent the State.”

Nope, it is not that complicated. But to a mindless proggy drone, they don’t like anything that will thwart the pRegressive movement. The proggies hate the Constitution and see it as a means to stop them from achieving their desires. They cheer when the pResident says “if Congress won’t act I will” and demand that the pResident abuse his executive order privileges (even though they were aghast when Bush used his powers).

Nothing from cappy surprises me anymore….. well I take that back. He did surprise me that he said he was going to take courses from Hillsdale College. But after the initial shock work off, I knew that he was just blowing smoke up my rear and he would learn nothing from them, as his recent posts have indicated.

2. tiredoflibbs January 7, 2014 / 9:16 pm

If you learned anything from Hillsdale College, it is that the PEOPLE are represented in the House of Representatives. The number of Representatives of each state grows with its population.

The original intent of the Senate was to represent each of the state’s government as part of the checks and balances. There is a reason that the number of Senators is fixed at two for each state. The originators of the Constitution wanted to avoid FACTIONALISM in their government. That is why we have the system we have and the reason for the Electoral College.

• Amazona January 7, 2014 / 10:34 pm

Great call, tired. Too too funny.

I wish casper’s school would do exit exams or something, to find out just what kind of nonsense he feeds those poor kids.

…though they DO get to lip synch to music….

3. Jeremiah January 7, 2014 / 9:24 pm

I will negotiate a piece of my cookie with my dog, but I won’t negotiate my freedom for another man’s desire for power.

4. Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) January 8, 2014 / 2:27 pm

HA!

We’ve been treated to the “splitting-up-Kali-fornia meme for as long as I’ve lived here.

In the 1950s there was a movement to make North California (NorCal) the REAL California, while the southern part would become Cafeteria. Yeah, like THAT’s Better.

Then in the 1970s someone drew a line Northward from Seal Beach/Surfside to the Nevada Border splitting the State into East California and West California. LA & SF realized this put the Colorado River out of their control and put the kibosh to that idea.

During the Klintoon years we were treated to the Reconquista Movement which would have everything south of Lodi a state in Northern Mexico called Mexifornia.

So, what’s in it for us? Two to Six more Senators? Since the California Senators are such sparkling examples of what’s wrong with the Senate now, is that something you really want?

We already have one dysfunctional California, two or six dysfunctional Californias is sure to be a pRogreessives dream.

*Yawn*

Ain’t gonna happen, not now, not ever.