Punk Rock Lives

Very seldom does one article capture everything you have been thinking but that is exactly what I found this morning with this excellent article from Kurt Schlichter over at Townhall. Progressivism is over. It’s stale. It’s status quo. It’s predictable and worse yet it is a failure. I know some people were offended by my opinion on the current crisis we are facing with the border, but my opinion is based in the reality that we have to shake things up. We have to not be afraid to offend some people. The status quo, i.e. progressivism is not working. It’s not ok to have children out of wedlock and depend on food stamps. It’s not ok to father children and then abandon them. It’s not ok to expect that someone else pays for your birth control. It’s not ok to stone women to death and deny the right of another ethnicity to exist. It’s not ok to sell drugs and kill people. It’s not ok to have children and then send them to another country for someone else to raise. It’s not ok to lie to win an election. I am sick and tired of mealy mouthed, politically correct, even tempered, non offensive political bullshit.

The music of liberalism doesn’t move us, it doesn’t change us, it doesn’t excite us. It’s just there, aural wallpaper designed to keep us quiet, to get the liberals through one more election cycle, to help them hold power just a little longer.

Exactly. Whatever the progressives have to do to win another election they will do because they have no shame, no principles, no morals and no guts.

There’s no energy left in liberalism, no excitement, just more rules, more controls, everything the punks hated. You can’t say this, you can’t think that, everybody read the memo – today we’re scheduled to be angry at people don’t want to subsidize our birth control! Oh, and make sure you obtain a videotaped, notarized consent form before you kiss your cisgender hook-up.

One of my favorite movies is Miracle, a movie about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team and Coach Herb Brooks (Kurt Russell) had one of the best pre game speeches I have ever heard, and part of it is now a pre game speech for conservatives:

This is your time. Their time — is done. It’s over. I’m sick and tired of hearin’ about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw ’em!  This is your time!! Now go out there and take it.

That’s the attitude we all need to have. Screw the progressives. Screw Putin. Screw the drug cartels. This is our time. It’s time to be rebellious and stand up for moral clarity. It is time to say enough is enough. There is nothing wrong with being an extremist and I wear that label as a badge of honor. It’s time to be politically incorrect. It’s time to offend people and shake up the status quo. Who’s in?

14 thoughts on “Punk Rock Lives

1. Retired Spook July 29, 2014 / 4:47 pm

Who’s in?

In? Hell, I’m a charter member.

• Cluster July 29, 2014 / 5:04 pm

Charter member? I thought you were the President.

• dbschmidt July 29, 2014 / 8:51 pm

I’m not sure. Do I need a photo ID?

No need to sign me up–been here waiting on the rest of you.

2. GMB July 30, 2014 / 11:17 am

“It’s time to offend people”

I do not know about this. This sounds like something someone on the fringe of the vast right wing conspiracy would say. Some would say this is the raving of a complete radical.

To me it sounds just a bit too much self righteous. I would never ever think of posting anything that someone might deem “offensive”.

Good Day to you all.
    🙂

• Retired Spook July 30, 2014 / 11:34 am

Yeah, me neither.

• Cluster July 30, 2014 / 11:46 am

Some people (liberals) find it offensive if you tell them to buy their own contraception. To not have children out of wedlock. To find work and rely less on welfare. To call terrorism for what it is and not call it “workplace violence”. To hold politicians accountable for their lies. To applaud success and wealth. Etc., etc.

That’s what I meant. And you just did demonstrate the uber sensitivities that too many people have and the sensitivities that stop us from resolving the problems. In order to resolve problems, you first have to honestly identify them, and that will offend some people. No more walking on egg shells.

• Retired Spook July 30, 2014 / 12:00 pm

Cluster,

I actually go out of my way to offend Liberals whenever possible.

3. GMB July 30, 2014 / 12:16 pm

“I actually go out of my way to offend Liberals whenever possible.”

Good policy. They need to be offended. Some times you have to shake your own fruit tree. Just to see if anything falls off.

• Retired Spook July 30, 2014 / 12:24 pm

GMB, at least in my case, the goal is to make their heads explode. I can’t quite bring myself to just go out and start shooting them, and we can’t seem to vote them out, so …………

• Cluster July 30, 2014 / 12:45 pm

I think if we started “offending” people, i.e.; exposing liberalism, exposing the lies, the vitriol, the failures, etc. and not be concerned with media backlash – we would win. People are thirsting for straight talk, for someone to come along and ask “what the hell are we doing?” Are we seriously going to allow someone like Sandra Fluke call us mean spirited because we won’t pay for her contraception? Are we going to continue to back down when we want to CUT THE RATE OF GROWTH OF ENTITLEMENTS because some people may be offended? When are we going to call out the people of Mexico, particularly the elected leaders for allowing their country to wallow in drug violence? Just south of AZ, resides the Sinaloa cartel and they literally hang people from bridges who oppose their brutal control of the province. WTF?? Why do we put up with this shit???

4. Retired Spook July 30, 2014 / 6:12 pm

Would it be fair to say we need to go on the offensive?

• Cluster July 30, 2014 / 8:06 pm

That’s why you’re the President. Succinct, to the point. In other words – ATTACK !!!

5. tiredoflibbs July 31, 2014 / 12:27 pm

Proggy drone: “There are many people who find having the flaws in their ideology pointed out to them offensive.”

That explains why proggies are so often offended by conservatives. The proggies’ ideology is so flawed, as history has shown, that they tire of being reminded of their failures. They have no other option than being offended – now everything offends them. They bring this up constantly as a distraction away from the reality of their failures. They don’t want to discuss their failed redistribution economy – better yet to talk about “amnesty” or “war on women”. Don’t talk about the failed obamacare (insurance and medical costs have gone up higher than before) better talk about gay marriage and the supposed hiring discrimination against LGBTUVWXYs.

They always need a distraction – they will always be offended.

• Amazona July 31, 2014 / 1:34 pm

Tired, I think most of this is due to the fact that those you call “proggies” are ignorant of the facts of their movement, and therefore indifferent to them. They are what they are because the are foolish and gullible and easily lured into the various issue tents, where they focus solely on the superficial promises and illusions fed to them.

So when we point out the fatal flaws in the political system they support by default, they don’t see how that applies to them. We point out the inevitable failures of Leftist governance and they are bewildered—-what does THAT have to do with Larry being able to call Bill his “husband”? We remind them that every single Leftist nation has plummeted into economic misery and loss of freedom, and they whine “but that doesn’t have anything to do with the WAAARRRR ON WOMENNNNNN !!!

We will never make any progress at all (no pun intended) if we don’t start at the beginning and start educating people that when they vote for an issue they are really voting for a political system, and we are not arguing their issues (though we stubbornly insist on doing so, because just as supporting them feeds their emotional needs opposing them feeds ours) but the systems hiding behind the issues.

As long as they can define their political identity by things not really political, we will never be able to communicate with them.