Happy Easter!

On the first day of the week,
Mary of Magdala came to the tomb early in the morning,
while it was still dark,
and saw the stone removed from the tomb.
So she ran and went to Simon Peter
and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and told them,
“They have taken the Lord from the tomb,
and we don’t know where they put him.”
So Peter and the other disciple went out and came to the tomb.
They both ran, but the other disciple ran faster than Peter
and arrived at the tomb first;
he bent down and saw the burial cloths there, but did not go in.
When Simon Peter arrived after him,
he went into the tomb and saw the burial cloths there,
and the cloth that had covered his head,
not with the burial cloths but rolled up in a separate place.
Then the other disciple also went in,
the one who had arrived at the tomb first,
and he saw and believed.
For they did not yet understand the Scripture
that he had to rise from the dead. – John 20:1-9

6 thoughts on “Happy Easter!

1. Retired Spook April 5, 2015 / 8:13 am

May the message of this day fall on the ears of those whose knee-jerk reaction to the events of this last week fueled a huge outpouring of hate and vitriol, and bring love and forgiveness to their hearts.

• Cluster April 5, 2015 / 11:51 am

A lot of repentance will be required. 🙂 Happy Easter.

• Retired Spook April 5, 2015 / 1:02 pm

A daily activity, my friend. I’m still asking for forgiveness for indiscretions of my youth. Most of all, though, I pray for those who have hate in their hearts for people whose only fault is disagreement about values and principles.

• Cluster April 5, 2015 / 2:31 pm

My belief is that God judges the heart, more so than the actions (see: David), so in that regard Spook I have to think you’re in good shape.

• M. Noonan April 5, 2015 / 3:44 pm

Yeah, but one still beats the self up – but you have to be careful: even that can become a sin if it turns into a feeling that something you’ve done can’t be forgiven.

• Retired Spook April 5, 2015 / 4:22 pm

Yeah, I suspect that God forgave me long before I forgave myself. I just had a short span from about age 17 to 21 when I wasn’t a very nice person. I had an epiphany of sorts when my wife and I got engaged, and I decided that person I had been for the last few years was not someone that I wanted to continue to be. The only way I overcame that person, though, was to let Jesus Christ into my life, and he is still an integral part of who I am.