Open Thread

Let’s talk a minute about race.

It’s meaningless.

Warren’s idiocy on the Native American thing merely highlights how stupid the whole issue has become. Why did she take her 1/1024th Native Blood and emphasize it? Because we’ve created a racial spoils system where you can parlay any bit of non-white blood into victim status, and thus reap unearned rewards. The really sick and twisted thing about it is that our liberal race-mongers are essentially agreeing with National Socialist ideology: that your ethnic heritage determines your worth and some ethnic groups are superior to others. That Hitler made out that the Germans were best is irrelevant: the concept remains the same. All Hitler was doing was saying that his ethnic group was best – which is what every race-baiting grifter says.

The pragmatic facts of life are that human beings, as such, are monotonously the same. Take a fit, young man and women from different ends of the Earth – entirely different ethnic backgrounds – and put them in a room together, throw on some Barry White and leave a bottle of wine and what you’ll get 9 months later is just another human baby. A grand thing, but genetics, outside possible defects, will have nothing to do with the ultimate adult you get out of it. What sort of person anyone winds up being depends not in the genes of their parents, but on what they learn as they grow. Recently a prince was born in London and, rely on it, right around the same time a peasant was born in Nigeria. Take the kids and switch them and what you’ll get 20 years later is a black Prince and a white Nigerian. What mom and dad provided won’t matter – what the parents who actually raise the kid provide will be crucial.

We create an issue about race – and we always create the issue because we’re trying to run a con. Back in the past, the con was that non-white people couldn’t compete and so had to be kept down as drawers of water and hewers of wood. Right after we ditched that drivel, someone came up with the idea that non-white people are inherently superior and that the only reason that any white person is on top is due to an unfair advantage. The earlier myth allowed some people to exploit cheap labor; the current myth allows some people to exploit affirmative action (writ large). I am sick to death of it. Racism, as a concept that non-white people are inferior, is just about dead as a door nail. Maybe a few score thousand people in all of the United States believe it. But the New Racism is alive and well and has a vastly larger constituency than the old racism ever had. I’m glad that Warren is being roasted over her absurdity: I hope it leads to the whole racial con we got going being ditched. We are people; we are what we learn and do…not what genetics we are.

Stormy Daniels’ lawsuit against President Trump was dismissed – and in such a way that the buckets of liberal money she got via Gofundme may end up being transferred to Trump. I like that. It has been noted that this may be the first time a prostitute paid a politician.

In addition to Kanye, the Sex Pistols’ Johnny Rotten has gotten on the MAGA bandwagon. Has everyone started to notice that Trump and his people are starting to have lots and lots of fun? This is important. The side that’s having fun is the side that is winning.

Kyrsten Sinema, Democrat running for Senate in Arizona, has had a bad couple weeks. Things keep coming out about how much she, apparently, hates Arizona, hates America…but now she’s gone full weird: seems she called on witches for aid once upon a time. Its been said that the best thing about the Trump Era is the way he’s forced the left to take off the mask. It isn’t actually surprising that a Democrat – Party of Science, yo! – is ok with witchcraft. Lots and lots of Democrats believe that stuff, even if they call it some other name to not look obviously like idiots. But they are also relentlessly anti-American and hold their own people in contempt. The more the mask slips, the better for us.

We’re supposed to care deeply about the Khashoggi murder. I’m still trying to figure out why. I mean, sorry it happened, and all…but I don’t get why the big heartache about it.

Generic ballot in the battlegrounds is R+1. Don’t get cocky. Get out and vote.

More from Salena Zito about the upcoming mid-terms. She was the reporter who was right about 2016, all along.

21 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. Frank Lee (@trumpcowboy) October 16, 2018 / 12:32 am

What’s so hilarious about the Elizabeth Warren thing is it shows how absolutely clueless she is about the issues she thinks she is championing because she is so incredibly… white. Now, nothing wrong with being white. But she really comes across as a stereotype of a white girl who gets lost in a black ghetto and tries to make friends by saying she likes fried chicken and watermelon. Her latest video seems like something out of a Dave Chappelle sketch.

It’s a bunch of old, VERY white people talking about how their granny was oppressed because she was part Native American. None of them look a tiny bit Native American and they all speak with red neck drawls. (Nothing wrong with white rednecks, but really… don’t pretend you’re Indians.) They don’t look oppressed. And they clearly know absolutely nothing about Cherokee Indians or American Indians in general. The video has to be targeted to white Americans because anyone in a real minority (right or left) must be cringing.

I grew up around Native Americans and nothing pisses them off more than really white people claiming their grandmother was part Cherokee, Navajo, or whatever. It’s ALWAYS a grandma (for some reason never a grandfather) and they always reference a specific tribe, like Cherokee. (Rather than admitting they don’t know for sure.) Yet, like Warren, they never know ANYTHING about that tribe other than Grandma was part X. (Never full blooded.) I mean, it’s such an embarrassing stereotype it’s in the realm of saying you get along great with Asians because you like the way they fold your laundry and write fortune cookies.

Someone who was even marginally interested in their real heritage (let alone proud of it) would have at least covered their tracks a bit by learning something of their supposed “cultural heritage.” It’s clear Warren couldn’t be bothered by talking to any real Cherokee Indians, either before or after she got exposed in her lie. Otherwise, they would have told her to shut up and apologize (as they basically did after her video appeared).

Progressives always eat their own, but boy, Warren just poured gravy over herself. She’s done.

• Cluster October 16, 2018 / 7:52 am

The Cherokee’s response to Warren wasn’t kind – LOL

My wife is 50% Aleut Indian. She was adopted and raised in a white family. Today she has no connection to the Tribe and little interest to seek a connection even though I have suggested it from time to time. My wife has never used her ethnicity to gain any advantage, and thinks that Warren is a complete joke …… not because of her faux Native Americanism but because of her socialism.

I also remember the panel on The 5 on Fox did DNA testing a while back and IIRC Greg Gutfield had some African American DNA.

Who knew Gutfield was black?

• M. Noonan October 16, 2018 / 12:16 pm

I Tweeted out last night that, by genetics, I’m Irish and Jewish and Scottish (and probably some other things, too: we’re not exactly a respectable family and I’m sure a bitch got over the wall from time to time): but, I’m none of those things…I’m American. That is my race: that is my ethnic group

• M. Noonan October 16, 2018 / 12:24 pm

ROFL!

• Retired Spook October 16, 2018 / 10:18 am

LOL!!

I’m listening to Glenn Beck on AM radio as I write this, and he and Stu are having a discussion about the real dilemma the Dems face in the 2020 Presidential election; actually a two-part dilemma. For starters, in 2016 20% of the people who voted for Trump voted for Obama at least once. Second, Democrats could have as many or more primary candidates as the GOP had in 2016, and most of them will try to out-Left each other (which will drive the Trump Democrats even farther away), with the one who is the farthest Left likely to win the nomination. The problem then becomes, in order to appeal to those 20% who abandoned the Democrat Party for Trump (who they need to win), the Donkey candidate will have to run (literally) to the right in the general election without pissing off the far Left activists who were instrumental in getting them the nomination. That’s going to be a tough row to hoe given how hysterical and unhinged the far Left has become. We may get a preview of just how many Moderates and Independents the Dems have lost in 21 days.

• M. Noonan October 16, 2018 / 12:12 pm

You gotta live the life!

My late older brother married a woman who was significantly Native in blood. Don’t know how much, but my guess is in the 50% range. But, she never really lived the life. OTOH, my niece (roughly 25% Native) has married a (as far as we know) full blood Native and she’s living the life…she is, in practical terms, Native, even though she has less Native blood than her mother. She’s also punched out a tribes-worth of kids who will have far less Native blood than their dad, but who will also be living the Native life.

Its all in how you’re raised. Another niece (daughter of my younger brother) has married a Latino…how “white” or how “Latino” their child winds up won’t be determined by the 50/50 blood, but by how the parents decide (side note: I love the pictures of the guy pre-marriage and post-kids…smiling, happy guy now turned into a guy with the Dad “permanently worried” look on his face; once again showing the universality of humanity). But the bottom line is that the kid doesn’t inherit any white privilege nor Latino oppression…the child is unique and will have her own unique experiences which will determine what sort of person she winds up being.

2. Cluster October 16, 2018 / 8:36 am

Here’s the latest mental diarrhea from “rape rape” Whoopi:

Goldberg then attacked American white men, saying, “Apparently American white men are angry … ’cause they’re top of the food chain, they can get anything they f***ing want but it’s not enough — so they’re coming after women.”

Don’t worry Whoopi. I don’t think white men will be after you any time soon.

3. Retired Spook October 16, 2018 / 12:13 pm

I knew literally nothing about Khashoggi when his name first hit the news other than it was reported that he was critical of the Saudi government. Given that the Saudi government seems to be moving in the direction of more freedom, especially WRT women, it didn’t make much sense. After reading this article I’m still confused.

HAMID: So one of his pieces that is getting a lot of attention now in retrospect he wrote in September 2017 where he basically announced his break with Saudi Arabia’s de facto leader, Mohammad bin Salman, also known as MbS.

KELLY: The crown prince.

HAMID: And he supported some of the general reforms that MbS was trying to put forward, including more rights for women. But he felt that if Saudi Arabia was going to go through a transformation, that the people had to be part of the conversation. And the Saudi leadership and MbS in particular increasingly moved in a direction where they didn’t want any questioning of this new direction. And Khashoggi couldn’t bring himself to agree with that. And I think that he was pained to have this break with the Saudi regime. He didn’t want it. (emphasis – mine)

KELLY: As you look back over what he wrote, what he did, what he said over the last year or two, was there a moment where it appeared he’d crossed a line and was starting to put himself into danger?

HAMID: You know, I don’t know if we can point to one moment, but I think we can say that he had become the most prominent Saudi dissident but, more importantly, the most prominent Saudi dissident in the West – I mean, the fact that he wrote regularly for The Washington Post, the fact that he knew many in the policy community in D.C. So I think he was the one person who could credibly and effectively cast doubt on Mohammad bin Salman’s vision for Saudi Arabia at a time when Mohammad bin Salman, or MbS, as he’s called, was really trying to portray himself as this young reformer and the young reformer that America should hitch its wagon to.

So, is disagreeing publicly with exactly how a new policy of expanding freedom is to be implemented a reason to be the victim of a hit squad, or am I missing something?

• M. Noonan October 16, 2018 / 12:19 pm

Sounds a bit like a rebel who, when the government started a rebellion, decided that as it wasn’t his rebellion, he’d opt out.

It is entirely possible that the Saudi government had him whacked – it is, essentially, a mafia organization in control of physical territory, after all. But I’m doubtful he’s some hero of freedom.

• Retired Spook October 16, 2018 / 5:13 pm

Rush spent a good portion of his show today talking about Khashoggi. I was in and out of the car several times and missed all of it, but he says there’s a LOT about this guy that the MSM is not reporting, including membership in the Muslim Brotherhood, which is certainly not justification for offing the guy, but if that turns out to be the case, I’m betting the only people who will shed any tears are, ironically, Leftists whose agenda includes women’s rights. Talk about a disconnect.

• M. Noonan October 16, 2018 / 5:26 pm

There seems to be something to that part of it – I strongly suspect he wasn’t a mere nice guy. After all, except for the acts of the insane, people are killed for a reason. It sure seems the Saudi government wanted him gone. The question is, why? Was it mere defense of privilege, or defense of something else?

4. Retired Spook October 16, 2018 / 12:38 pm

I’ve been saying for a while that the Left has become so radicalized that the only tactic they have left is violence. More and more pundits are beginning to come to the same conclusion.

Traditionally, political parties have a platform to convince voters to vote for their side. The left no longer has a coherent message for the American people. Instead, Democrats have taken their party away from politics and moved their position to revenge, assault, and chaos.

• Jeremiah October 17, 2018 / 1:09 am

5. Retired Spook October 16, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Over the course of the last few weeks I’ve had an interaction with someone from the other side of the aisle that’s renewed my faith in humanity and the future of our society. It started with a letter to the editor I wrote supporting my U.S. Congressman, Jim Banks, a one-term Congressman from the 3rd District of Indiana as well as voicing concerns about the constitutionality of the positions of his opponent, a liberal Democrat woman who is making her first foray into politics. I took her positions, which were basically liberal Democrat talking points directly, from her campaign website. I made it clear that, while some of her ideas weren’t necessarily bad, they simply aren’t allowed at the federal level.

About a week after my letter was published I got a very civil snail mail letter from a reader who challenged the lack of details in my letter to the editor, many of which had been edited out by the newspaper editorial staff. I responded with a snail mail letter to him in which I thanked him for the civil nature of his letter and went on to detail, also in a civil manner, the unconstitutionality of most of the Democrat candidate’s positions.

A few days ago I got the following note (hand-written) from him:

“Thank you for your wonderful letter. It is very thought provoking. Not only did it enlighten me about your politics, it gave me a deeper insight into my own. I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,”

Imagine if each of us on the “woke” Right could interact with someone on the other side in this manner.

• jdge1 October 16, 2018 / 9:27 pm

It’s actually fun to watch the false masks of geniality being pulled from the Democrats faces. While there are still some who display elements of cordiality & respect, they’ve become in large part a party totally comfortable with lying, violence, & mob rule with total contempt for anyone who opposes them. They’re willing to do most anything to gain power and force destructive Marxist rules on the population. With continuous examples of failed socialist governments in full view, why would anyone willingly give up their freedoms and choose a life where governments extort your money keeping the general population in a subsistence living so the elites can continue to rule? Aren’t the enclaves of poverty and crime ruled almost exclusively by liberals for decades enough for people to want something more? Is the mirage of government giveaways that strong that people are willing to forgo their character, honor, dignity and chance at something greater? Does the constant noise from the Democrats droning on about doing things for the minority, even though their actions prove otherwise, fool them into believing it will happen if we give them enough time and money?

Spook, I’m glad you’ve had a polite correspondence with a stranger with a different perspective than yours and seems to appreciate your knowledge and wisdom to the point where it made a positive impact. The recent actions of the left are making it easier to have those conversations where people are starting to question the negative rhetoric on full display. Though it may seem to be a trickle effect, I’m hopeful there will be a watershed moment with a tidal wave of awakening crashing down on the left’s false gods.

• Retired Spook October 17, 2018 / 10:41 am

I write 2 or 3 letters to the editor a year. We still have a land line, and we’re in the phone book. I almost always get a couple phone calls, sometimes a letter, usually telling to do do something to myself that’s anatomically impossible. I’ve even had a couple thinly veiled death threats. I’ve also had a few phone calls that congratulated me for telling the truth or calling out someone who wasn’t telling the truth, but this was the first letter I’ve ever gotten that was civil and simply asked me to elaborate. I have no idea what percentage of people out there are open minded enough to at least examine the validity of what they believe, but I’m betting it’s enough to affect close elections.

6. jdge1 October 16, 2018 / 9:55 pm

“Joan Barry’s request seemed simple enough. She asked her state Democratic Party to acknowledge that their members have a “diversity of views on abortion.”

… In a statement after the vote, Missouri Democrat chairman Stephen Webber implied strongly that pro-lifers are not welcome in the party anymore. He said Democrats should display an unwavering commitment to abortion on demand (“reproductive healthcare”).

… In 2016, the DNC approved a platform calling for full support of abortion for any reason up to birth and taxpayer funding of abortions.

… “I love the Democratic Party and I love what it stands for, but it’s like they were saying you are not part of us,” she said.”

Gee, you think she might look at the political party who endorses life? If she “loves what the party stands for” do you think she’s not looking very deep?

Assault after assault on pro-life individuals, destruction of pro-life property and offices, violent confrontation to anyone with a pro-life view including demonstrators, politicians, and churches, frivolous lawsuits intended to shut down pro-life opposition, no holds barred hostility to any judicial confirmation who might hold a pro-life position. So, this is what the part of diversity and inclusion looks like.

• M. Noonan October 17, 2018 / 12:33 pm

Abortion is the Left’s sacrament.

• Amazona October 20, 2018 / 8:39 am

Actually, she only loves what the party claims to stand for, sometimes, when they are not proving the opposite.

Pin one of these people down and you will probably hear that they like what the party stands for regarding “protecting the environment” or “women’s rights” or “education” or “diversity” or my favorite, “fairness”——- generalities and platitudes.

But what they REALLY believe is not in the Dem party stance on any of these issues but the conviction that Republicans are AGAINST them.

The Dem party has become the party of simple negativism—–they recruit and win and keep support only because they are good at convincing people of negatives about the opposition, not because they have positives on their side.

• M. Noonan October 17, 2018 / 12:32 pm

It is good – but that he had to fight it shows how badly we Conservatives have done.