Open Thread

Looks like Joe will show for the debate tomorrow: though, of course, don’t think he won’t back out if his meds aren’t kicking in on time.

I’ve seen some prep work done in Bluecheck social media to allow Biden to go after Trump’s kids: this to deflect from Hunter Biden, with the most recent revelation that he got $3.5 million from the wife of the mayor of Moscow. As someone pointed out: maybe the Russian dossier was about Hunter and they just put Trump’s name into it?

Not only does Mitch have the votes to confirm ACB, it looks like they might move this one right along and allow Trump to swear her in before the election – which could be crucial if it is close. Personally, I don’t think it will be. I think that however it goes, it’ll be big one way or the other. Either people will reaffirm their rejection of the Establishment in big numbers, or they’ll reject Trump by big numbers. I’m hopeful for Trump, of course: and I still see voter registration and early voting numbers which indicate Trump might have this. But, we’ll see!

But, with Pelosi wondering if Democrats can control 26 House delegations, my view is that the Democrats know they are sinking fast and are desperately hoping for something so screwed up that they can fraud their way to the White House. And why 26 House delegations? Because if the House picks the President, then each State gets 1 vote. Right now, it is GOP 26, Dems 22 and 2 split. And this, mind you, is with a Democrat House majority – and even if the House remains Democrat, there is little chance that four delegations will flip.

Trump’s taxes – which, by the way, he paid millions; don’t buy the MSM lie that he only paid $750.00 – are just one in a huge series of “bombshells” which the DNC/MSM will drop on us now until Election Day. This particular one was likely timed so that the debate moderators tomorrow can dwell on it and thus not have time to discuss Hunter’s dealings.

Cindy McCain, fresh from spitting on us by endorsing Biden, has been named to Biden’s transition team. If Joe wins, maybe there’s a cabinet slot for her…the bottom line is this is who we used to have. And I’m glad their gone.

More evidence of water on Mars – which is cool and no matter how you slice it, it makes exploration of Mars a lot easier in the long run. But I still doubt humans can live there long-term: there are too many hazards for us to overcome. Until we can figure out gravity and a sure-fire way to block solar radiation, brief visits will be all we can do.

104 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. dbschmidt September 28, 2020 / 11:13 pm

Ah Crap! Forgot to get popcorn (not to be mistaken with Corn Pop – one bad dude) before the debate tomorrow. Maybe I can make a stop in the afternoon. I am guessing Biden will answer no questions and just attack, attack and attack. Hoping Trump will be a little more reserved but attack to get under Biden’s skin—he will completely lose it.

Facts are all on the side of us that are sane and reasonable but that never mattered to the TDS folks that argue “feelings.” I will not accept their version of the new “normal” and figure out what I will do after this fiasco is completed. Case after case of voter fraud with mail in ballots mean nothing, children being shut out of “virtual schools” because of BB, Airsoft guns and/or Trump posters is getting beyond annoying. That is barely the start of it.

Now, adopting a child of a different color is colonialism. Trying to teach those little tribal buggers how to behave in a civil society is wrong. Even if that was the original reason behind “Public Schools.” That isn’t the reason for adoptions but may hit closer to home than expected. What I have seen in our public housing is too many that will never get higher than a fry cook at Mickey D’s. Nothing I did but then again I do not have three or more felonies before I was 18. I don’t have 4 kids (no father(s)) at 24. I believe in America and not some tribal/gang.

Haven’t watched the video of Brad Parscale being tackled but it just wants me to say “Send in the Social workers.” Don’t see any problem there. On a different subject—when are they going to charge these “anonymous” leakers with Federal crimes for things like Trumps’s tax returns?

Another $80,000 in damages here in Raleigh, NC over the weekend and that included a lot of businesses pre boarding and a curfew imposed by the mayor. IIRC, once upon a time you had to file a permit for a protest which would limit things like time and place. Right now I would like to see someone else than Blumberg pay their way out of this and tag them forever as Felons. I got fired for saying that protest are great but when you pick up a brick, molotov cocktail, etc, you are a rioter—not a protester.

Just a start as I am getting more and more pissed about how government, MSM, and other folks are treating this election. Ah, well, never mind—I am going to follow the “advice” of “the Rock” and go all Biden. Maybe hoping for the Aliens on Mars. BYW,, Gravity sucks. Beam me up Scotty/

• Cluster September 29, 2020 / 7:53 am

Now, adopting a child of a different color is colonialism.

The KKK I believe issued the same statement decades ago. Or at least they easily could have. That’s how far down the rabbit hole progressive’s have gone.

You’re singing to the choir on that one. I never thought I would see the day when a large portion of our national media would be so maliciously dishonest with zero accountability. They seem to want everyone to forget how they treated Brett Kavanaugh and all the vile false accusations levied at he and his family, and they have turned the page on the Ukraine phone call narrative and the emoluments clause but still hope to keep some of the Russia collusion lie going all the while completely over looking Hunter Biden’s very real and very questionable involvement with Ukraine and Russia. YCMTSU but they do everyday … they create their own reality and outrage and then expect everyone else to buy into it.

2. Cluster September 29, 2020 / 8:05 am

So of course we all wake up to the emotionally challenged media anguishing over the 1,000,000 deaths now attributed to Covid. How tragic right? Well, oddly enough, there have been just over 1,000,000 car accident deaths this year worldwide too. Should we ban cars? Oh wait, I guess they are in California anyway. Check the link below

Or how about this one …. over 31,000,000 children have been killed in the womb this year. And 1.8 million people of died of alcohol abuse.

We are all being lied to and played on this Covid shit.This virus isn’t even close to what qualifies as a true “pandemic”

• Amazona September 29, 2020 / 2:01 pm

The estimated number of malaria deaths stood at 405 000 in 2018,
      In 2017, there were 219 million malaria cases that led to 435,000 deaths.

Many of these deaths could have been avoided if the enviros would stop fighting the use of DDT to control mosquitoes. The anti-DDT hysteria ignores the fact that the preferred use in areas where malaria is common is a very weak solution painted on walls, not a strong solution sprayed into the air or dumped in water or on the soil They just blithely ignore the half million deaths a year that could be prevented by the application of a little humanity and common sense to override political bias and hysteria.

3. Cluster September 29, 2020 / 8:13 am

This is a hell of a story that should be front page news everywhere:

It seems that the third world bitch Omar is employing third world tactics in her upcoming election.

According to O’Keefe, Minneapolis resident Liban Mohamed – said to be a supporter of Omar – illegally collected some 300 ballots from primarily Somali immigrants to help his brother, City Councilman Jamal Osman.

Americans can not allow this third world cancer to continue. I am thinking Democrats are banking on the hope that we don’t pick up arms and confront them but they have no boundaries and if we don’t stop them, we will lose our country.

• Amazona September 29, 2020 / 1:51 pm

As long as the Right can’t figure out how to get stories like this, or the interview with the Dem ballot harvester and election fraud expert, out to the public we deserve to lose.

I am constantly getting ads inserted into various online searches, asking me to click to support a candidate or buy an attachment for my tractor or something. But the Right can’t figure out an end run around the Agenda Media, like big glossy web sites with ads everywhere telling people this is where they can hear what the Agenda Media won’t tell them.

4. Cluster September 29, 2020 / 8:18 am

I say …. let it burn

Three people have died in Shasta County in northern California, officials said on Monday, as Governor Gavin Newsom asked Donald Trump for help in fighting the blazes that have now killed 28. The fatalities on Monday were from the Zogg Fire, which is burning north of Sacramento. Elsewhere, the Glass Fire was ripping through Sonoma and Napa Counties, destroying vineyards and wineries and forcing the evacuations of some 70,000 people. Across northern California 24,000 people were without power on Monday night amid the intense heat and high winds.

• Amazona September 29, 2020 / 1:47 pm

I can’t even imagine living in California these days. I love the wine country north of San Francisco, spent six months there one year on a sabbatical during my restaurant management days, and every now and then a trip south to San Fran was a treat. I hate to see the wineries burn, and the century-old vineyards destroyed—this is a part of California with a history that overrides the insanity of the rest of the state. I’ve given up on the Bay Area, San Francisco in particular, but I’ve still thought about a visit to the northern wine country.

But in general I agree, let the people who vote for Democrats learn the lesson of living under Democrat rule. And “rule” it is. King Gavin merely issues royal edicts, such as the banning of all internal combustion engines after 2035, as if he has the right or authority to do so. As some wit commented, if they can’t even keep the lights on how are they going to keep all those electric cars on the road? Like most efforts to exert authority that is not granted by law, he clearly hasn’t thought this through, from the fact that a lot of internal combustion engines are not powering autos and trucks to the fact that he won’t be governor in 2035 and won’t have a thing to say about it to the fact that such an edict would be challenged in court after court—if anyone took it seriously.

(BTW, it would be a far less complicated and expensive fix to convert gasoline and diesel engines to burn natural gas. I had a friend with an old Suburban running on natural gas and it had almost 400,000 miles on it and only died when the body fell apart, as it was never designed to last that long. The engine was still strong. A NG policy would have the effect of cutting down on the “greenhouse gases” the enviros get so fretful about while keeping the petroleum industry booming and keeping us energy independent. And it would not involve the massive environmental damage of mining and manufacturing the solar and wind generators those same enviros love so much.)

I have noticed that almost everything I own has a warning sticker on it for the poor saps who live in California, alerting them to the dangers inherent in the materials used to make things like Polaris Ranger utility vehicles. But then perhaps Californians, already illustrating their stupidity by constantly electing Democrats, do need to be warned that burning tires and inhaling the smoke might be bad for them. Odd, though, that human feces are not considered enough of a health hazard to call for action. So there are no health warnings about cholera, infectious diarrhea (dysentery), hepatitis A and E; parasites such as giardia and cryptosporidium, and various different kinds of worms including pinworms, ascariasis and tapeworms. Nah, nothing to see here folks. Besides, cleaning up human poo is racist.

• Cluster September 29, 2020 / 2:32 pm

I too remember California from the 70’s and 80’s having spent a lot of time in San Bernardino and up north in the Concord/Walnut Creek areas when my Dad was still around and at that time, California was the envy of the nation. Absolutely beautiful landscapes, ocean beaches, palm tree lined avenues and a lot of pretty girls …. but no more. Democrats have destroyed that State.

• Count d'Haricots (@Count_dHaricots) October 1, 2020 / 4:44 pm

You have no idea.

If we weren’t tied to this State by professional commitments we’d be gone.

I must disagree on allowing the destruction to teach us a lesson. As before, those responsible will not be held accountable, ever. The forest mismanagement predates this group of idiots. Many of the same issues were apparent when I first started volunteering in forest conservation as a Boy Scout when Regan was governor.

• Retired Spook October 1, 2020 / 6:38 pm

Hey old friend, welcome back. Don’t be a stranger.

5. Cluster September 29, 2020 / 8:35 am

Do you really think we will lose in November? I don’t think so. Here’s a Trump rally vs a Biden rally … enjoy

• Retired Spook September 29, 2020 / 9:31 am

LOL! And the population of Swanton, OH, is around 3,000 (that’s THREE THOUSAND, as in 30 X 100). I guess a few people drove in from somewhere else to see the President. The population of Charlotte, NC, is nearly 900,000 (as in 300 times the size of Swanton, OH). I guess not very many left their homes in Charlotte to see the former Vice President.

Like I said a day or two ago, I’m feeling better and better about the outcome of this election with each passing day.

• M. Noonan September 29, 2020 / 2:15 pm

I go a little back and forth on it, probably because I’m paying too much attention to it. No matter how powerful your BS detector is, when you subject yourself to MSM propaganda, it will have its effect. So, lately I’ve just been shutting down the MSM a lot more than I was before (and it wasn’t like I was on it all the time before!). Enthusiasm is clearly on Trump’s side: hardly anyone is voting for Biden because they are convinced that Biden is the best person for the job – he’s just Not Trump. Team Biden is banking on there being enough Not Trump people out there who will grimly troop to the polls with no joy in their hearts on 11/3.

• Amazona September 29, 2020 / 3:47 pm

And naturally the GOP is running a campaign that is solely Trump vs Biden, forcing voters to choose between two people. I contend that a lot of voters would love an excuse to vote for Trump, much as they dislike him, and that an aspect of the campaign that says, basically “This election is too important to base a decision on personality—-it should be based on the kind of system you think should govern the country and the kind of country you want it to be. Right now the choice is between a nation where violence, rioting and looting are condoned by one party while the other promises to end this lawlessness and make the nation safer again. Right now the choice is between a system that encourages enterprise and rewards the productive, which has led to great economic prosperity and lifted millions out of poverty, and a system that promises to raise taxes on the productive in spite of the history of this kind of thing slowing down economic growth and limiting prosperity. It’s not just one man or the other man—it’s one system and philosophy of governing vs another.”

But we will stick to the tired old formulas and templates for ads and appeals.

• Amazona September 29, 2020 / 3:59 pm

I heard some callers to Rush yesterday and he really got on my nerves. A caller made what I thought was an excellent point—that if Trump is too hard on Joe if he falters he will be seen as a bully. Rush, of course, took off in a different direction, acting as if she said she thought Trump should refuse to go after Biden on issues. He can really be an ass, especially when he wants to cut down a woman caller. Then a couple of people called in who are chomping at the bit hoping for Trump to beat the snot out of Joe and draw blood. That’s great, when you aren’t beating up on someone with obvious dementia. Then it’s just creepy.

But it’s not a binary choice. It’s not EITHER tone down the personal attacks and sneering at his mental frailty OR be tough on his record and the issues. Both can be done. I think it would behoove Trump to lay off the sneering at Biden’s loss of mental acuity—there are too many voters who are suffering some something similar, or who have loved ones who are to make fun of it. It can be addressed indirectly, such as saying that a vote for Trump is a vote for Donald Trump to be president, but no one really knows who a vote for Biden is really for, and then go after Harris, who is already an unsympathetic character. Doing this would be indirectly pointing out Joe’s weaknesses without ridiculing him or personally attacking him, and talking about Harris’s comments about supporting the rioters and bailing out criminals and so on and how this would make her a disaster if she were to take over the presidency would both spur Biden to anger and make a point to the public.

As for the tax issue, I’d love to have Trump say at least he made his money before he went into politics, and that there isn’t any question where it came from, while Joe managed to acquire many million dollars as a politician and no one really knows where most of it came from, or why.

• dbschmidt September 29, 2020 / 8:37 pm

Probably one of the best pieces of advice I read somewhere on the internet was for Trump, when appropriate, just cede his time to Biden and let him ramble on Joe style.

6. simoneee9 September 29, 2020 / 7:36 pm

“Looks like Joe will show for the debate tomorrow”…whatever gave you the idea that this wouldn’t be the case?

7. Retired Spook September 29, 2020 / 10:47 pm

Well, that was hard to watch, and I say that as a Trump supporter. Much of what was said by both men was incoherent. I suspect the media will say that Biden won in spite of a number of stumbles and outright lies simply because he showed up and stayed awake for 90 minutes. Bottom line, I doubt many minds were changed.

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 12:33 am

My initial reaction was much the same, but overall I think Trump scored by pushing Biden into refusing to answer questions when he knew he would have to keep his base happy. I was also intrigued by his blatant pettiness and sheer nastiness—if anything he blew up the fantasy that he is just a nice guy. He was so distastefully unpleasant, with his smirking and snickering and sneering and name calling and insults, I think if any minds were changed tonight it had to be because of the realization that he is a horrible horrible person. And even a casual political observer had to realize he was lying about a lot of things, such as his insistence that the information about Hunter had all been debunked. His carefully crafted hissy fit about Beau was clearly scripted and rehearsed, just waiting for a chance to pull it out.

But the biggest impression I got from the whole thing was that Chris Wallace was a disgrace. He didn’t even try to pretend to be objective, as he carefully phrased questions designed to set Trump up and then argued with him to try to get the responses he wanted. I was worried about him from the get-go, but thought he might have enough self interest in a reputation as a serious journalist to at least go through the motions. Boy was I wrong. My headline for the debate would be Chris Wallace aces CNN audition

• Retired Spook September 30, 2020 / 10:02 am

I could not agree more about Chris Wallace. We quit watching Fox News Sunday a couple years ago because of his blatant bias, and only watch when he has a guest host. Plus, as I think I’ve mentioned before, we discovered Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo last winter. She gets interesting people and she’s a good and fair interviewer.

• Retired Spook September 30, 2020 / 3:24 pm

This exchange between Wallace and Trump is a great illustration of just what a horrible moderator Wallace was:

WALLACE

You, in the course of these four years, have never come up with a comprehensive plan to replace Obamacare, and just this last Thursday, you signed a largely symbolic executive order to protect people with pre-existing conditions, five days before this debate. So my question sir is, what is the Trump healthcare plan.

TRUMP

Well, first of all, I guess I’m debating you not him, but that’s okay, I’m not surprised.

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 12:56 am

Just curious—-did you notice Joe’s eyes tonight? They are always squinty and barely open, and tonight they were wide open and looked very different.

• Cluster September 30, 2020 / 10:14 am

Meth will do that …. LOL

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 9:45 pm

He did appear to be amped up, and a lot of the time when he looked right at the camera his eyes were really round and wide open, exaggeratedly so. I supposed he could have been doing it on purpose, but he maintained it a lot, though I did see him get that squinty sleepy look sometimes when he was not looking at the camera.

8. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 7:37 am

Not an impressive debate … the format sucked as did Wallace. You can’t have an open forum debate with these two. One specific question for each candidate and a shorter amount of time to answer…. and use a buzzer. That being said … Joe lost when he said:

1. He will lock the country down again.
    2. That he would adopt the green new deal and retrofit 4 million buildings
    3. That the government or “we” will create millions of good paying jobs with the green new deal

Also, this Hunter Biden deal and the new revelation of Hillary initiating Russia collusion are huge stories and I thought Trump filleted Biden on both of these issues. I liked when Wallace mentioned the “peaceful” transition to which Trump detailed the attempted coup and ties Biden right to it.

9. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 7:49 am

I am really f****ing tired of the anguish and despair in this country. Have we become a nation of emotionally challenged 12 year old girls? Because it feels like it. Many pundits and articles this morning wring their hands over the “tone” of the debate and “mean spiritedness”. Now granted it was unruly at times but good God when you’re battling to preserve your ideology and way of life, tone doesn’t matter nor do feelings. Also, we continue to hide from a virus with a 98% survival rate … in what adult world does that make sense??

Does anyone think China wants to “get a long” with us?? Does anyone think that the President is responsible to protect us from a virus? This country suffers from a lack of fully functioning adults. Sad.

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 9:34 am

Trump was forceful: Biden was spiteful and nasty

10. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 7:55 am

So it appears as though the planet was warmer than it is now at some point in history …

Snowmelt due to global warming revealed mummified Adélie penguins that laid under ice in Antarctica for more than 5,000 years, along with hundreds of ancient bones and feathers.

Good thing we spend a lot of time worrying about climate change.

11. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 8:04 am

Another thing I noticed … Wallace asked Trumped if he believed in the “science of climate change”. What science? There is no coherent science on climate change. Just another leftist question from a leftist moderator.

• Retired Spook September 30, 2020 / 10:38 am

Conservatives need to come up with a unified and coherent response about climate change that causes people to reevaluate their beliefs rather than thinking that we’re simply anti-science and denying something that is real and solvable. Trump missed a golden opportunity on that question to explain how, for four decades, climate science has been hijacked by political correctness and hypocrisy, how data has been falsified and manipulated, and how the peer review process has been subverted. I would have also pointed out that the fact that a large percentage of climate change alarmists are also vehemently against nuclear power (which is the only current reliable way to get to carbon-neutral electricity generation) shows that they aren’t really interesting in solving the problem.

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 10:00 pm

I think Trump overthought the debate. If I can come up with a rejoinder I am sure he can, but he was so rehearsed his own mind about what he wanted to say that he missed some over-the-plate slow pitches.

As we have said here, and what I would have loved to hear him say, is that it is simply ridiculous to claim that a half a percentage point of rise in the temperature caused the California forests to burst into flame, and that science has shown us a pattern of wildfires in the state going back hundreds and hundreds of years, easily as bad as these are—and that it is always dangerous to let ideology overrule common sense.

To an argument about the “science” of climate change we are waiting for something definitive that is not based on falsified data plugged into defective computer models, and conclusions based on politics.

He HAS to address Joe’s claim that he is picking on Joe’s family. A soft pitch he missed was the chance to say he was only bringing up Hunter to show that Joe himself was corrupt all through his eight years as vice president, because without his influence and intervention Hunter wouldn’t have been able to get a job sweeping streets. He has to shift the focus from picking on Joe’s family to the fact that Hunter’s corruption was made possible by Joe’s corruption.

Another miss was the chance to say that he made his money BEFORE he went into politics, while the whole Biden family has gotten rich only after Joe got into politics. And even to say that was the vision of the Founders—that citizens would lead productive and successful lives and then step aside to serve their country for a few years, never that there should be career politicians who have never done anything other than be in politics, never produced anything, and for some mysterious reason still managed to get rich doing nothing.

I wonder what Obama thinks of Joe taking credit for single-handedly bringing the nation out of the recession they “inherited”.

A good tactic when pressed for time, when there isn’t time to go through a lot of detail, is just to challenge the other side—have you looked into the environmental costs of building wind turbines and the towers that support them? Of the environmental damage done in mining and processing the rare earths needed for the technology of solar energy generation? Of the life span of things like wind turbines and car batteries and what will be involved in recycling them or disposing of them? Isn’t it silly to just say “renewable energy” without even bothering to find out the real costs, to the people and to the environment?

• dbschmidt October 1, 2020 / 3:44 pm

Well, Florida has been hit by 119 hurricanes since 1850 but the last one was caused by “climate change.”

12. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 8:57 am

An indictment of Democrat Governance. This latest edition is from California, and before you read this, remember that LA Mayor Garcetti is the Biden Campaign chair and before the debate last night, Mr. Garcetti declared that Democrats are the best hope for “hard working Americans”

We’re leaving because all the benefits of California have steadily eroded — and then suddenly collapsed. Meanwhile, all the costs of California have steadily increased — and then suddenly skyrocketed. It can be difficult to spot the incremental encroachment of a terrible disease, but once the final ravages set in, it becomes obvious that the illness is fatal. So, too, with California, where bad governance has turned a would-be paradise into a burgeoning dystopia.

13. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 12:02 pm

Democrats …. denying Americans the right to pursue happiness

“In light of the prolonged impact of COVID-19 on our business, including limited capacity due to physical distancing requirements and the continued uncertainty regarding the duration of the pandemic — exacerbated in California by the State’s unwillingness to lift restrictions that would allow Disneyland to reopen — we have made the very difficult decision to begin the process of reducing our workforce at our Parks, Experiences and Products segment at all levels, having kept non-working Cast Members on furlough since April, while paying health care benefits,” reads a statement from D’Amaro released Tuesday.

All of this due to a flu virus that has a 98% survival rate

14. jdge1 September 30, 2020 / 3:54 pm

I always questioned why a sitting Republican president would agree to use a leftist moderator for debate purposes? Perhaps a better option would be to allow for 2 different moderators at each debate, one chosen by each team to ask questions to the opposing candidate. That would allow for each team to bring up the topics they feel are most relevant to answer and get them on record for their stated position. Who wants to subject themselves to obvious lopsided word framing and gotcha questions while at the same time allowing the opposition to bypass the REAL questions they should be asked? Make fair game of the political exposé with a system other than always using a leftist moderator.

If there’s another debate President Trump would do well to reframe most questions. For example, when asked if President Trump condemns white supremacist and armed militia, Trump should reframe the question to something like this; “According to many on the left ANYONE who is white is considered a white supremacist, so your question is an obvious attempt to group people in a not so nice box by one definition and then use that to attack me with an alternate definition when it fits you to do so. IF one person vilifies another solely based on the color of their skin then that is racism and should be condemned. As to armed militia I’ll not guess at your definition but I will and HAVE called out the violent riots currently taking place in many of our democrat controlled cities.”

You have to recognize, if given the chance the left will ALWAYS frame a question in a way that is intended to damage the opposition and not a means to gain an understanding of their position. With that in mind ALWAYS reframe the question in a way that calls out the moderator to embarrass them (if that’s even possible – might be on national television) in their blatant attempt score political points, then answer your own revision of the positively framed question. You should never get stuck in a no-win question.

• jdge1 September 30, 2020 / 4:47 pm

Another example of skewed question framing was on “racial sensitivity training”. President Trump should have reframed the question AND called out the moderator at the same time. “Mr. moderator, we both know what I put a stop to was NOT racial sensitivity training, it was critical race theory training which suggest that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and used by white people as a means to further their personal interest at the expense of people of color. Either you already know this and purposely mislabeled it, or you are incompetent about the subject and should not be asking the question. We will most certainly NOT be using federal dollars to train federal employees that white people as a whole are inherently racist. The black population should look critically at their own situation and ask if their lives have improved under democrat politicians who have governed over them for decades. Inner cities controlled by democrats are continuously being stripping of opportunities for school choice, better jobs, police protection. This administration instituted new criminal justice reforms to help black people. This administration is fighting for school choice so parents are not forced to send their kids to underperforming schools. This administration does not take the black vote for grant, make promises that are never kept.”

• Cluster September 30, 2020 / 4:59 pm

Excellent points and good idea on having two moderators chosen by the campaigns

15. jdge1 September 30, 2020 / 4:15 pm

Liked it when President Trump called out Joe in regards to SCOTUS nominations to remind him that the President serves for 4 years, not 3, not 3 ½, but 4. Trump also correctly state; “given the chance the democrats would be doing exactly the same.” President Obama did in fact make an election year SCOTUS nomination. Biden’s lame attempt to suggest the process has already started for the upcoming election and that should somehow prohibit the current President form exercising his duties is pure delusional.

16. Retired Spook September 30, 2020 / 4:44 pm

Newt has an excellent analysis of last night’s debate. This part is especially apt to our discussion:

The anecdotal unhappiness and dissatisfaction I have been picking up from a wide range of people was capture by Ben Domenech, who wrote in The Transom: “America Got What It Wanted and It Was Terrible:

“For all the people who are upset about last night’s horrible debate, they should pause and ask themselves: wasn’t that just an accurate reflection of where we are as a nation? Two septuagenarians bashing each other with bursts of bombastic bullshittery and competing whatabouts is the content you will find on Facebook and cable news every single day. To the extent people are disappointed, remind yourself: these men both have nearly 90 percent ratings with the two largest political parties in America. They both bested huge fields of candidates to get their respective roles. This is the show you asked for, and you got it.”

To quantify Ben’s complaint, note that Chris Wallace, the moderator, interrupted the President of the United States 76 times and only interrupted joe Biden only 15 times, by Charlie Kirk’s count. Note that the BBC found Trump cut in on Biden a total of 73 times.

To be fair to President Trump, the one-sidedness of Wallace’s moderating did not give him much choice. Again, to cite Domenech, Wallace’s “choice to engage repeatedly just didn’t work. It resulted in repeated instances of Biden talking for two minutes in which he’d throw out multiple claims about Trump, Trump would interrupt with a rejoinder, Wallace would tell Trump to stop talking, and then at the end of the two minutes Wallace would move on to the next question. Trump, infuriated, would bulldoze him and respond anyway. Biden would interrupt with his denial. And on and on.”

• Cluster September 30, 2020 / 4:58 pm

That is a spot on summation. That’s exactly the tone heard on social media and in the broadcast media every single day. That’s why I do not have a Twitter account or Instagram and only have Facebook for business.

• Retired Spook September 30, 2020 / 5:04 pm

Some of my favorite meme themes are the ones featuring Sam Elliott. I got one in an email today that I tried to copy, but the format wouldn’t let me, and I couldn’t find it in any of the collections on-line. It pictures Sam Elliott mounting a horse with the caption:

THE DAY IS COMING WHEN GOOD MEN ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO BAD THINGS.

Very prescient.

• Cluster September 30, 2020 / 5:29 pm

Oh I like that one from Sam. I have had a vow to not post on local Facebook pages because well you all know and I do run a small business ….. anyway I broke that vow this morning. Not in a confrontational way but after reading so many of the whiny comments on a local post about the debate I felt compelled to post the comment below. I have had a few likes and no pushback so that’s good I guess

Two new favorable trade deals with China and Mexico/Canada. Two of the worlds top violent terrorists dead. No current wars or “conflicts” where our men and women in uniform are dying. Iran and North Korea broke and silent. Two new conservative justices on the Supreme Court with the real potential of a third. 700,000 new manufacturing jobs, lowest unemployment rates for all age groups, races, and genders including higher wages. Largest funding ever to historically black colleges. Criminal justice reform reversing the policing that resulted in too many unjustified incarcerations. Lower regulations, lower taxes. America is now the largest energy producer and exporter meaning we are no longer dependent on foreign countries. And this was all accomplished in 3 and a half years. Results matter.

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 10:07 pm

Two statistics I think we should be repeating: The unemployment rate at the worst of the COVID panic was the same as it was under Obama/Biden, and Trump’s approval rating now is the same as Obama’s was at the same point in his presidency

• jdge1 September 30, 2020 / 6:13 pm

Great response and one that “should” resonate with registered democrats who feel the party left them and are moving at full speed toward destruction.

17. Cluster September 30, 2020 / 6:03 pm

Re: the debate … Draining the swamp isn’t pretty and Joe Biden is the very definition of the swamp. And it will get uglier because they won’t go down quietly.

• Amazona September 30, 2020 / 10:05 pm

Good point—-the more the swamp gets drained, the more muck and filth you find and the more creatures squirming around in it.

18. Cluster October 1, 2020 / 8:09 am

I am beginning to think that John Durham doesn’t exist, or at the very least is also a deep state swamp creature. Only in government can an “investigation” take years and years with no word ever from the lead investigator. Are they slow or incompetent?

The Durham reports is a joke and nothing will come of it. We’ve been played again

19. Cluster October 1, 2020 / 8:29 am

This is odd

Former FBI Director James Comey pleaded ignorance throughout a Senate hearing on Wednesday regarding significant problems with the Steele dossier, which the bureau used as part of its investigation of the Trump campaign.

Comey seemed to have all the answers 3 years ago that Trump was in fact a Russian agent. Now I guess he “doesn’t recall”

What a POS

20. Cluster October 1, 2020 / 5:10 pm

So John Roberts has proven to be just another swamp reporter. Damn I liked him too.

21. dbschmidt October 1, 2020 / 5:37 pm

The AP now says these riots are not riots and Wallace and Biden flat out lie but never get called on it. Seems about normal. It would takes weeks to note all of Biden’s outright lies and Wallace’s coverups for Biden. Still going after my local news station for carrying the water for them after the debate. One I will point out is “Proud Boys” being white supremacists when a simple search will show you the truth. Nevertheless, here is a part of a posting by Ann Coulter

The claim is especially delusional in the case of the Proud Boys, who have black members, Asian members and Latino members. The Los Angeles branch of the Proud Boys is about half Mexican. One of the founders is married to a black woman, with whom he has a biracial child.

The entire point of the Proud Boys is for men to be masculine and defend the innocent, something like the Guardian Angels. It has nothing whatsoever to do with “white supremacy.” But, again, liberals call anyone they don’t like and can’t refute “white supremacists.”

Search YouTube for the truth.

22. Amazona October 1, 2020 / 7:13 pm

What I said, too: I’ll get to the issues in a minute, but I have to note Joe Biden’s eyes. Am I the only person who noticed his eyes were dilated during the entire debate? He has normal blue eyes, and looks like a normal person most of the time. In the debate, he looked vacant, more vacant than usual. Not a lost vacant, a “not there” vacant. Check out clips and look at his eyes, they remind me of the Quint speech from Jaws about a shark’s eyes, “lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes.” That was Joe Biden’s eyes, at least to me, during the debate.

I’m not suggesting he was on mind-focusing drugs, but I am curious that one of the side effects of Adderall is dilated pupils.

• Cluster October 2, 2020 / 7:48 am

I think you can end the speculation and assume that Biden was hopped up on something. No question about it

Trump is positive for Covid !!!! Oh the horrors. A virus so deadly, so lethal, that you have to be tested to know whether or not you have it.

This will reelect Trump in a landslide after he emerges unscathed following his “2 week quarantine” . Covid is a joke. As are about half the people on this planet and unfortunately most of them reside here.

• Retired Spook October 2, 2020 / 8:52 am

As soon as I heard yesterday that Hope Hicks had tested positive, I figured Trump would probably get it. I wish him well. I sure there are many who are wishing the opposite, and that’s a sad commentary on our society.

23. Cluster October 2, 2020 / 8:39 am

WOW

Emmanuel Macron has described Islam as ‘a religion that is in crisis all over the world’ as he unveiled a proposal to battle Islamic radicalism which had created a ‘parallel society’ living outside of French values.

FINALLY, a world leader taking decisive action against a cancer that is spreading across the globe

Macron has coined the term ‘separatism’ to describe the underworld that thrives in some neighborhoods around France where Muslims with a radical vision of their religion take control of the local population to inculcate their beliefs.

24. Cluster October 2, 2020 / 11:48 am

This country needs more Son’s of Liberty …. I have reached out to the local Proud Boy chapter for membership. This is an organization I can support

Minimal Government
    Maximum Freedom
    Anti-Political Correctness
    Anti-Drug War
    Closed Borders
    Anti-Racial Guilt
    Anti-Racism
    Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
    Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
    Glorifying the Entrepreneur
    Venerating the Housewife
    Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

• Cluster October 2, 2020 / 5:22 pm

To clarify … the veneration of housewife is simply recognizing the need to applaud and respect this choice of some women and not
      To denigrate it. And western chauvinism is simply the acknowledgement that western societies are the best. Period. There is nothing controversial with this organization