Open Thread

Still writing! Now up to 70,000 words on Shadow Army, what will be the fourth book (set six years after the end of the current adventure, which finishes in the nearly complete Battles). It is still just flowing out of me: or, more accurately, it is as if Fred were sitting next to me and telling me the story. And Fred is telling me some incredible things: can’t believe what our heroes had to go through!

Our Matt went to Trump’s rally in Pennsylvania yesterday – from Trump doubter to wearing a MAGA mask…and how many such are there in America? Could be a lot: and we won’t know, and no poll will detect it, until election day. Makes for an exciting time, doesn’t it?

ACB is now at 51% approval. Trump really knocked it out of the park on this one. We’ll see how she rules, of course: but I feel confident she’ll rule on the law…and that is all we really ask of Justices. If the law says “ok”, then it’s ok…if the law says “no”, then you can’t do it. Period. The performance of ACB, in my view, now makes it much harder for Democrats to pack the Court, supposing they win on the 3rd: outside Resist nitwits, no one will see the need for it.

Toobin’s little Zoom wank neatly encapsulates what is wrong: our Rulers are creeps and they are protected. Like the rest of them, he’ll be in the doghouse for a little while, and then he’ll be rehabilitated. And, now, even more screechingly leftist than before…he’ll have to be. The Family insists after they go to the mat for you. We really need to get rid of these guys. They can’t even maintain very basic levels of not decency, but common sense.

Ace talks up the MSM circling the wagons for Toobin…but also notes that National review is going to bat for him. Why? Because Toobin might be useful in getting the NR writers a job at some point. That is all any of this ever is, folks: these people want to make money in cushy jobs and live well and the rest of us can go jump in a lake.

How bad it the Hunter Biden scandal? Well, so bad that CNN is huffily demanding that Trump stop talking about it. And so bad that there might be much more that is much worse to come. And maybe much, much worse, as Matt points out.

The bottom line is that it is pretty clear at this point that Hunter Biden was doing a pay-for-play scam with his Dad. Hunter was raking in bucks – which he then used for hookers and blow – in return for getting people together with Joe Biden…but it can’t possibly end with that. You don’t give a druggie $3.5 million for an introduction. You might throw a few grand at someone who can get your foot in the door…but you only give $3.5 million to someone who did something for you. Hunter getting $3.5 million means that something very large happened and only Joe Biden could have made it happen.

The MSM is in full black out mode on this. They know that if it gets out in full, Joe will lose 10 percentage points of support overnight. This is why they are really pressing people to vote now – to the point where they seem to be merely cannibalizing their 11/3 vote…but they have to, because it is the only way to be sure that Biden (and down ballot Democrats) get those votes. I think we can rely on it, though, that Trump will bring it up at the debate…which for a large number of people, will be the first they’ve heard of it.

Bernie Bros for Trump? Might be.

RSM is doing another of his road trips: throw him a couple bucks if you can.

The Army is developing a cannon with a 1,000 nautical mile range. Yes, you read that right: 1,000. And this is making people think we can bring back the Battleship class in the Navy. I agree – and, in fact, I think we should do so even before this super-long range gun is ready. A large ship packed with big guns and lots of missiles is a mobile strike force that can be used with devastating effect against enemy coasts (and any enemy ships fool enough to get close). With modern technology, such a ship can probably be crewed by no more sailors than a modern destroyer. And once you add the long range gun, it becomes the Queen of the Seas.

59 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. Cluster October 22, 2020 / 8:11 am

So how is this ok??

The FBI subpoenaed Hunter Biden’s alleged laptop and hard drive in connection with a money laundering probe in late 2019, according to a new Fox News report. An FBI Receipt for Property that details the bureau’s interactions with computer shop owner John Paul Mac Isaac bears the Case ID number 272D-BA-3065729. ‘272D’ refers to ‘Money Laundering, Unknown SUA [Specified Unlawful Activity] – White Collar Crime Program,’ according to FBI documents. The ‘BA’ in indicates the case was opened by the FBI’s Baltimore field office. It’s not clear if that probe is ongoing or if it was directly related to Hunter Biden. The shop owner was issued a subpoena to testify before the US District Court in Delaware on December 9, 2019, which officials say means the probe began before that date.

So the FBI had all this information while the Democrats were impeaching Trump for having simply asked the President of Ukraine if he knew anything about it. And yet the FBI is still silent.

This fact should alarm every single American. The ruling class is much much deeper than any of us imagined. The entire FBI is complicit and every single person in the FBI should be fired and should have to reapply for their job if they choose. The Democrat party has abandoned any sense of decency or any adherence to the Constitution and now need to be regarded as hostile to this country and a domestic threat.

2. Cluster October 22, 2020 / 8:18 am

An interview with Putin yesterday should get some attention:

‘As for the Democratic candidate, what can I say? We can hear rather sharp anti-Russian rhetoric, as well,’ the Russian leader told Rossiya TV. ‘Regrettably, we have become used to this.’ Putin added: ‘But… the Democratic Party is traditionally closer to the so-called liberal values, closer to social democratic ideas, if compared to Europe.

‘And it was from the social democratic environment that the Communist Party evolved.’

And it was Democratic Socialism that Venezuela engaged in that caused their economy and country to completely collapse. And this is the economic platform that AOC wants to embark on and one that people like travesty are all so excited about … proving that people like AOC and travesty have the intellect of a tree squirrel suffering from ADD.

3. Cluster October 22, 2020 / 10:06 am

Since we are now “following the science” in everything we do in life now, do you suppose progressives will now acknowledge that life begins at conception? Asking for a friend.

4. Amazona October 22, 2020 / 10:19 am

Since we are now “following the science” in everything we do in life now, do you suppose progressives will now acknowledge that gender is based on chromosomes, not inclination or wishful thinking?

5. Amazona October 22, 2020 / 10:28 am

Going though my desk the other day I found some notes I had obviously taken from a speech or video. They deserve a second look. They are clearly about the Leftist strategy toward the people

(The goal is to)…Alter their perception of reality so by the end of the process they not only don’t recognize you as an enemy, they turn to you and say “You are the thing that is going to save us”.

I don’t know the source or I would cite it but it has an Alinsky-like tone to it. Going through the steps of demoralization, destroying education and attacking law enforcement the speaker said it would take 15-20 years to teach us to hate our own country.

• Cluster October 22, 2020 / 10:32 am

And they succeeded. We have a generation or two now of indoctrinated, dumbed down voters who react purely on emotion and irrational fear. Travesty is a great example.

After the election, this country is in dire need of media reform. The activists/propagandists at CNN and MSNBC, just to name two need to be removed from their positions and relegated to public shame and disgust, if not executed at high noon in the public square. No one entity has done more to destroy this country then those in the complicit media and there needs to be a reckoning.

• Retired Spook October 22, 2020 / 11:18 am

I was curious to see if I could find your article based on a search for “it will take 15 to 20 years to teach us to hate our own country.” One of the first articles I found (not yours) was this one from a couple years ago.

Eminent Journalist Heather Mac Donald interview on Sunday with Mark Levin. She talked about her new book: THE DIVERSITY DELUSION: How Race and Gender Pandering Corrupt the University and Undermine Our Culture. She elaborated on many concepts that apply to the diversity/immigration challenge — beyond the university.

Mac Donald noted her luck at having attended college in the 1970’s. She experienced “the beauty, the greatness and sublimity” of great works of western civilization without indoctrination in victim/oppressor ideology, which, since the 1980s, has deprived the young of a real education, given them a ‘license for ignorance’ and taught them to hate.

I don’t think there’s any doubt at this point that the hate is originating in our education system. We often say that education today is actually indoctrination, that young people are being “taught” what to think rather than how to think. They’re also being taught to hate.

Fortunately, as the article notes, it’s only a little over 50% of young people, so there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it’s an oncoming train (highly likely), there’s still daylight following the train.

6. Cluster October 22, 2020 / 10:49 am

WOW

Bobulinski’s full statement is below:

My name is Tony Bobulinski. The facts set forth below are true and accurate; they are not any form of domestic or foreign disinformation. Any suggestion to the contrary is false and offensive. I am the recipient of the email published seven days ago by the New York Post which showed a copy to Hunter Biden and Rob Walker. That email is genuine.

This afternoon I received a request from the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs and the Senate Committee on Finance requesting all documents relating to my business affairs with the Biden family as well as various foreign entities and individuals. I have extensive relevant records and communications and I intend to produce those items to both Committees in the immediate future.

I am the grandson of a 37 year Army Intelligence officer, the son of a 20+ year career Naval Officer and the brother of a 28 year career Naval Flight Officer. I myself served our country for 4 years and left the Navy as LT Bobulinski. I held a high level security clearance and was an instructor and then CTO for Naval Nuclear Power Training Command. I take great pride in the time my family and I served this country. I am also not a political person. What few campaign contributions I have made in my life were to Democrats.

If the media and big tech companies had done their jobs over the past several weeks I would be irrelevant in this story. Given my long standing service and devotion to this great country, I could no longer allow my family’s name to be associated or tied to Russian disinformation or implied lies and false narratives dominating the media right now.

After leaving the military I became an institutional investor investing extensively around the world and on every continent. I have traveled to over 50 countries. I believe, hands down, we live in the greatest country in the world.

What I am outlining is fact. I know it is fact because I lived it. I am the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings which was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family. I was brought into the company to be the CEO by James Gilliar and Hunter Biden. The reference to “the Big Guy” in the much publicized May 13, 2017 email is in fact a reference to Joe Biden. The other “JB” referenced in that email is Jim Biden, Joe’s brother.

Hunter Biden called his dad ‘the Big Guy’ or ‘my Chairman,’ and frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals that we were discussing. I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line.

I realized the Chinese were not really focused on a healthy financial ROI. They were looking at this as a political or influence investment. Once I realized that Hunter wanted to use the company as his personal piggy bank by just taking money out of it as soon as it came from the Chinese, I took steps to prevent that from happening.

The Johnson Report connected some dots in a way that shocked me — it made me realize the Bidens had gone behind my back and gotten paid millions of dollars by the Chinese, even though they told me they hadn’t and wouldn’t do that to their partners.

I would ask the Biden family to address the American people and outline the facts so I can go back to being irrelevant — and so I am not put in a position to have to answer those questions for them.

I don’t have a political ax to grind; I just saw behind the Biden curtain and I grew concerned with what I saw. The Biden family aggressively leveraged the Biden family name to make millions of dollars from foreign entities even though some were from communist controlled China.

God Bless America.

• jdge1 October 22, 2020 / 1:20 pm

Wow, just wow. While this information is what was suspected as likely happening by many, hearing and reading about the details still somewhat stuns you. And we all know this is only a few minute details with far more to come. Could this be the lose thread that dismantles the left’s power structure?

• Retired Spook October 22, 2020 / 4:47 pm

If that’s all on the level it’s the October surprise to end all October surprises. What was your source?

BTW, Vice President Pence is holding a rally at the Fort Wayne International Airport about 20 miles from me as I type this. I’m listening on the local AM radio station. Mike Pence is not a dynamic, rah, rah kind of guy, but Trump must have lent him some of his Energizer Bunny juice because he’s on fire like I’ve never heard him. They ran out of parking and had to turn hundreds of cars away.

7. Retired Spook October 22, 2020 / 11:20 pm

Much better format on this debate. More discipline by both candidates, and I was pleasantly surprised by the moderator. Trump even complimented the great job she did. I suspect she’ll suffer the wrath of many Democrats.

Trump was in much better control than in the first debate, but for the life of me I don’t understand, especially when Biden was talking about working people, why Trump didn’t tout the tremendous increase in median family income, more than twice as much in 3 years as during Bush’s and Obama’s combined 16 years. Of everything Trump has done for ordinary Americans, that has to rank at or near the top.

Trump segued into the Biden family pay for play influence peddling in a masterful way, and I found myself jumping up and applauding. I don’t believe that Biden’s insistence toward the end that the controversy involving his son’s laptop and the press conference by Tony Bobulinski minutes before the debate is purely Russian disinformation is going to cut it. It’s all over the Internet, and I don’t see how they can sweep it under the rug at this point. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC can choose to ignore it, but it only makes them look dishonest and in the tank for Biden — which they are.

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 1:01 am

I was kind of amazed to see the blatant lies Joe told, and wonder how aggressive the fact checking is going to be.

• dbschmidt October 23, 2020 / 5:36 pm

Well, our local TV station along with Politifact rated the Politifact’s ‘Lie of the Year’ as False while Trump statements taken out of context are rated Pants on Fire. You know the one where “If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor crap.

• Cluster October 23, 2020 / 7:55 am

Very good debate for Trump and he destroyed Biden in my opinion, but Joe Biden also destroyed Joe Biden last night. I think right out of the gate when Biden advocated wearing masks all the time that right there he lost a lot of people. Americans are not mask wearing compliant people. Americans understand the risks in life and welcome them and this is just another aspect of American people that Democrats fail to understand.

But the point where Biden lost the election was when he said he “would transition away from fossil fuel by 2025”

Game. Set. Match.

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 9:05 am

I had to laugh at loud at Chris Wallace’s analysis of the debate, when he praised Joe Biden’s detailed explanations of his plans.

I was going to comment the other day on one of these marvelous and well-thought-out Biden “plans” but then got busy and didn’t feel like going back to look for the reference. But it was, basically, that (1) he would raise taxes, then (2) invest that money, and (3) raise the corporate income tax. His total lack of understanding of economics was on full display there. “Invest” this additional tax revenue in what? Where does he think return on investment comes from? He talks about crashing the economy with higher taxes and then inhibiting profit and growth from the very sectors in which he would “invest” the tax revenue. That is truly a brilliant plan, Joe.

He seems to think that there is some magic in “investment” but has no concept of what makes investments work. He seems to think that he can decrease the profitability of a company and still profit by “investing” in it.

• Cluster October 23, 2020 / 11:20 am

Joe Biden’s campaign is nothing more than rinse and repeat rhetoric from tired old politicians who have no new ideas and just regurgitate platitudes. He was intensely boring.

8. Cluster October 23, 2020 / 8:42 am

Well it’s not going well on MSNBC

Smearing the 62 million Americans who voted for Trump in 2016, the author and MSNBC analyst fumed, “There is a lizard brain in this country. Donald Trump is a product of the white man’s, the anguished, nervous white guy’s lizard brain.”

I think they are starting to realize that Trump is running away with this election

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 8:53 am

And here we come back to Thomas Sowell’s comment: The Right thinks the Left is stupid: the Left thinks the Right is evil.

There is plenty of evidence for the “stupid” part—–I simply cannot comprehend how ANYONE could believe Joe Biden would be a better president than……..anyone. Except maybe Kamala Harris.

But the conviction that the Right is evil really just supports the “stupid” party—the intellectual vacuum that allows people to simply accept what they are told by obviously, blatantly, biased and hate-driven people.

It takes me back to my theory that some people are just wired for negativity, who just gravitate toward the ugly and hateful and mean. These are the people who crave the opportunity to hurl snarling attacks like any other addict craves what gives him that deep intimate pleasure. And these are the people who, if we could look into their souls would show us only a dark and dreary spirit.

• Cluster October 23, 2020 / 9:12 am

They are angry because all of their manufactured issues over the last 40 years are not resonating with Americans. Al Sharpton said the other day that Democrats are struggling to convince Americans that systemic racism is real. Well Al, if you have to convince people of an issue that should be obvious, then maybe it isn’t real …. and this is the fact that has Democrats scrambling. They continue to promote manufactured issues that they alone are convinced of and their feelings of moral superiority and higher intelligence simply won’t allow them to consider that they are wrong …. so they devolve into disparaging comments when people stop listening to them. And last night, millions of people tuned the Democrat party out. Especially PA, OK, and TX

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 10:27 am

When I hear the term “systemic racism” my reaction is “name the system”.

Which system is racist and how is racism part of the system?

Racism is a problem. True. But it is a problem of people, not of government, and not of systems.

And while it had been rapidly declining, I fear it is on the upswing again, as black people are working so hard to come across as virulently racist, always angry, often violent and too often simply irrational.

• Cluster October 23, 2020 / 10:57 am

Well when you have a segment of the population that insist on their own Congressional caucus, their own Chamber of Commerce, and their own TV network …. then maybe yes, racism is an issue

9. Cluster October 23, 2020 / 9:04 am

Throwing Obama under the bus and losing the election all in one short sentence:

“Because we made a mistake made. It took too long to get it right. Took too long to get it right. I’ll be President of the United States, not Vice President of the United States,” he replied. “Within a 100 days, I’m going to send to the United States Congress a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people.

Good job Joe.

• Retired Spook October 23, 2020 / 9:30 am

I was surprised, at that point, that Trump didn’t mention this.

(January 25, 2018)

President Trump will propose a pathway to citizenship for 1.8 million illegal immigrant Dreamers, nearly tripling the Obama-era DACA program, the White House said Thursday.

Mr. Trump’s vision, which he will submit to Congress next week, would grant legal status to fewer than the 3 million people under the plan Senate Democrats have backed. But the number of people is far higher than the 690,000 in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

White House officials said they felt they had to go that far in order to demand major changes on the security side, including an end to catch-and-release of illegal immigrants snared at the border, faster deportations for those caught overstaying their visas inside the U.S. and $25 billion for Mr. Trump’s wall.

And all Democrats had to do was something they had already done just a few short years before — support securing the border, and they told the President to pound sand. Democrats really don’t like to SOLVE problems, they like to EXPLOIT problems for political gain.

• Cluster October 23, 2020 / 9:46 am

When have Democrats EVER solved a problem?? Look at California. Democrats only know how to create problems and then campaign on fixing them. They are really good at that

• Retired Spook October 23, 2020 / 9:53 am

When have Democrats EVER solved a problem?

I think if you tried really hard you could come up with a few examples of where Democrats have actually solved a problem. The Clean Air and Clean Water Act comes to mind. But they almost always manage to either ignore or forget the laws of unintended consequences and diminishing returns.

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 11:15 am

Just think how many lives would be saved, not to mention gallons of gasoline or diesel, if we would just lower our speed limits to 45 MPH. If we only saved one life, wouldn’t it be worth it?

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 11:21 am

He also circled around, but never quite got TO, the real point of separating children from adults at the border—it is to protect the children, by interviewing them and the adults separately to determine if the adults are parents or legal guardians. The children who cannot be reunited with their parents were not separated from those parents AT THE BORDER but arrived at the border accompanied by non-custodial adults. Some children were kidnapped, some were “borrowed” or even “rented” to be used as pawns in the ridiculously stupid Obama policy of “Bring a kid, get in free”.

The children who were not identified at the border as being with non-custodial adults often if not usually ended up being abandoned on the US side of the border, where they had to try to survive on their own on the streets and often became victims of sex trafficking. This never bothered the Dems. But then they have never made sex slavery an issue, being too focused on RussiaRussiaRussia and Trump’s tax returns.

• dbschmidt October 23, 2020 / 5:47 pm

Okay, I will admit being a Monday Morning Quarterback is a lot easier than being there getting hit (even if no one watches these rich a**holes anymore) but there were a few times last night I would have basically limited my response to simple terms in particular after the Biden “infrastructure” comment;;
        Solyndra- half a trillion of taxpayer’s money to Obama/Biden backers
        Shovel Ready Jobs–Not sure of total Billions of dollars lost.
        etc.

• dbschmidt October 23, 2020 / 5:49 pm

Forgot, last I heard (read) is that over 500 of the “missing” 545 parents were contacted but they preferred their children stay in the US over being returned to them in whichever country they are located.

• Cluster October 23, 2020 / 10:08 am

What do you think chemotherapy is fielding?

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 11:13 am

IV chelation therapy for detoxifying the blood

IV penicillin and other antibiotics for killing bacteria in the bloodstream.

The problem is the lack of effective antivirals, but to ridicule someone who is asking if there ARE any is just, well, one of those toxic combinations of stupidity and sheer nastiness.

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 11:04 am

Six months ago the US president publicly wondered if we have biological agents we could inject into our bodies that would essentially accomplish the same disinfecting that household cleaning agents do in our homes.

“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

See? It’s not hard to understand what he was saying. Of course, it is a rather complex sentence, linking two ideas: The first being the fact that we have surface disinfectants that kill viruses, and then the second, wondering if there is a medical version of this that can be used in the body. is there a way we can do something like that It couldn’t be clearer.

Except, of course, to those whose vision is clouded by the material deposited on it through the location of their heads in anal orifices.

Thanks for admitting that you belong to this club, fielding. But you didn’t need to bother. We’ve known that for years.

• Amazona October 24, 2020 / 12:46 pm

Leslie is in shock–now the two most important and powerful men in the country (if not the world) have indicated that she is not a god, she is not even very special, she is just a person with a job who isn’t very good at it.

She is telegraphing the ego and the hubris of today’s Agenda Media—they are so convinced that they ARE in charge, that the ARE the driving force in America, that they should be treated not just with respect but with reverence, that being treated like any ordinary person is a horrible and incomprehensible shock and should not be tolerated.

The passengers who used to, because of their roles in the press, get to ride in the front of the bus so they could tell the other passengers where they were going and how they were getting there have taken over the bus and are driving it now, taking it where THEY think it should go and instructing the passengers that it is their duty to shut up and blindly accept everything they are told.

10. Retired Spook October 23, 2020 / 3:42 pm

If Joy Reid were braindead, she’d be twice as smart as she is.

11. Retired Spook October 23, 2020 / 4:00 pm

A caller to our local talk show that follows Rush said he watched the debate on ABC with closed captioning, and he said the closed captioning was altered for things Biden said on at least a half dozen occasions to improve on what he said. He said it only happened to Biden, not Trump and not the moderator.

12. dbschmidt October 23, 2020 / 6:00 pm

New conspiracy but it won’t work. The mid-west is full of real people but if it hit the coasts it might have worked.

The snow is the new “White Supremacist Snowflake Voter Suppression Effort.”
    Trump has manipulated the weather to keep the poor & POC from voting.

• Amazona October 23, 2020 / 7:12 pm

This is not the first time it has occurred to me that having such a massively powerful president, who the Left admits had the power to simply halt a deadly virus and totally control it as one example (why else would they condemn him for not doing so?) and who now can control the weather, would be a benefit to the nation. Especially when the other choice is a wimpy doddering fool.

13. Amazona October 24, 2020 / 10:06 am

We have talked about how Dems just don’t care about corruption from other Dems, and last night on the Laura Ingraham show that was illustrated again. She and Raymond Arroyo had held a small focus group during the debate, and two different Biden supporters said they were not at all bothered by the laptop emails because, as both said, “they have not been substantiated” and then one said he also just didn’t think any of that was important. Another Biden supporter said he hadn’t even heard anything about this till it was brought up in the debate and he would need to learn more.

However, I did notice that the two who already knew about the laptop emails were really uncomfortable when they made their comments, which led me to believe they knew that they were admitting to approval of corruption because they just like Joe.

One thing that struck me about the way Laura and Raymond asked their questions, though, was the reference to “emails”. I think Dems in particular have talked themselves into discounting anything negative about “emails” after the Clinton email thing. I thought they should have referred to the laptop computer more, laying down the foundation that these emails were on a computer owned by Hunter Biden.

In any case, I could see a pattern of Dems just dismissing the whole thing, or trying to . Fortunately I could also see that this is going to be hard for them to pull off.

This October Surprise should have happened two weeks earlier to give time for it to sink and and to reinforce the importance of what it means.

• Retired Spook October 24, 2020 / 10:36 am

This October Surprise should have happened two weeks earlier

At least, considering more than 50 million have already voted.

BTW, I saw the Ingraham focus group. The one Biden voter, slender, dark hair, looked like an ugly Mr. Rogers, seemed extremely self conscious , like he knew he looked and sounded stupid, but he was so invested in something that wasn’t true, that he just couldn’t help himself. It’ll be interesting to see what happens to people like that if Trump wins and a number of people are indicted, convicted by a jury of their peers and sent off to federal prison.

• dbschmidt October 24, 2020 / 11:25 am

At least, considering more than 50 million have already voted.

At least here, all of the “vote early, vote now, vote often” TV commercials are financed by the Democratic something or another. They have been pushing early voting before it even started here and is hyped as much as the corona-virus numbers on the news. Need to get them votes in before Biden falls completely apart.

• Amazona October 24, 2020 / 12:27 pm

I have also noticed the political alignment of the early voting pushes, and thought the same thing—get ’em before there is a chance some of the bad news will come out.

I don’t think the news about Biden’s corruption will shift many, if any, votes to Trump. But it may make some Biden supporters decide not to vote at all, which is a win for us.

14. Amazona October 24, 2020 / 1:12 pm

I just found my new favorite name: Waka Flocka Flame. As long as I don’t have to listen to rap, I think it’s great. Evidently WFF is in trouble with the Left because he said he thinks Trump is a better president than Obama was. Oooh! Can’t do that!

Evidently he is a “superstar rapper” which I certainly did not know. But he has upset a lot of people. The rapper born, Juaquin James Malphurs, jumped into the DJ’s comments section and responded to one person who wrote, “People who really think Trump is a better President than Obama [are clowns].”

“Guess I’m a clown,” Flocka replied.

The “No Hands” hitmaker later shared on his social media account, “There are two types of people in this world: Those who resist change in favor of nostalgia and those who move with the times and create a better future.”

That’s not enough to make me listen to rap, but I am impressed by the thinking and the expression of thought.

Also:

On Friday Rasmussen Report’s numbers on black voters and Trump was up to 46%.

All this, and it is supposed to snow on the massive Colorado fires that are destroying so much of this state and endangering people and property. A friend’s neighbor lost 200 cows when the wind shifted before he could get them moved, and she was driving (out here that means “chasing”, not transporting in a vehicle) 75 cows and her brood mares and their 2020 babies as fast as they could run, out of the area where the fire was roaring down behind them.

So snow and learning about Waka Flocka Flame and then the Rasmussen poll have all made this a brighter-looking weekend.

• Amazona October 24, 2020 / 1:15 pm

Update: So I won’t become a fan of Waka Flocka Flame for his “music” as his big hit is about paying a girl to give him oral sex. Oh well, we can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

15. Amazona October 24, 2020 / 4:08 pm

From an article in the Daily Signal:

Thomas believes that the Constitution must be interpreted consistent with the original meaning when ratified.

So do I . And if the presidential eligibility law is evaluated under that criterion, it would mean that the term Natural Born Citizen would have to viewed in its original context, “…consistent with the original meaning when ratified….” and not affected by the subsequent 14th Amendment, passed 81 years later, which added a third means of attaining citizenship to the two which existed when the Constitution was ratified. That is, Natural Born (born to citizen parents or at least to a citizen father) or through the legal process of conveying citizenship to those who lived in the colonies at the time we actually became a nation, which is analogous to naturalization. The Constitution allowed for enough time to pass for anyone who had been a citizen of another nation at the time of ratification to either die or become too old to be president for the requirement of Natural Born Citizen to become the only standard.

But at the time of ratification Native Born Citizen was not a category of citizenship, and did not become one until the 14th Amendment was passed.

• Retired Spook October 24, 2020 / 5:02 pm

Still, with all the children of immigrants who are potential presidential candidates whose parents were not citizens when they were born (Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley, Bobby Jindal, etc.) it really should be adjudicated at some point. If the standard is relaxed so that any native born citizen is eligible, then there should be a legal ruling or constitutional amendment to that effect, not just because some “constitutional scholar” says it’s OK.

• Amazona October 27, 2020 / 10:27 pm

Back in 2007, when Obama popped up out of nowhere, I started saying we should adjudicate this before it came up in another election. And sure enough, here we are, with not just another native born American in line for the presidency but another BLACK native born American in line for the presidency.

Obama played with the issue, dragging it in front of us like someone dragging a string in front of a kitten, specifically to stir up enough controversy to let him hide behind the ensuing smoke. It turned out that his mother was evidently 18 when he was born and therefore old enough to convey American citizenship to him, no matter where he was born, which does not explain the efforts to pass off a Certificate of Live Birth as a birth certificate and then to produce a “birth certificate” shown with great authority to be a forgery when neither of these mattered given his mother’s citizenship status. That whole mess was just a giant game played by Obama.

But now we have a serious issue in that Kamala Harris is very likely not qualified to be in line for the presidency. Again, an originalist justice would logically rule on the meaning of Natural Born Citizen based on the well-understood meaning at the time the phrase was put in the Constitution.

16. Cluster October 25, 2020 / 8:32 am

So I’m not sure how true this is but I heard Trump say yesterday in OH that Democrats would soon be pulling out of OH because they are far behind in the real polls and are soon to leave FL too for the same reason. I have to think that’s right. Here in AZ which is a ‘battleground” I am not seeing a lot of Biden ads based on the money he is reported to have cashed in. In fact I would wager to say that Trump is running just as many ads here in AZ and by the enthusiasm I see here on the ground …. Trump rolls in AZ

17. Cluster October 25, 2020 / 8:36 am

Folks, this election is over

Former Vice President Joe Biden has no momentum so he brought in former President Barack Obama to help him out. Unfortunately for both, Obama just doesn’t have it anymore. But since this is all the Democrats have, they sent Obama to Florida today. Obama held a pathetic event with almost no one there again. The event was broadcast on the Net and only 70 people were watching 20 minutes into his event.

18. Cluster October 25, 2020 / 8:40 am

Well Democrats are actually setting up a commission now for fraud. Wow

• Retired Spook October 25, 2020 / 9:46 am

I think he misspoke. I think what he meant was that Democrats have put together the most extensive voter fraud EFFORT in American political history.

19. Cluster October 25, 2020 / 9:18 am

Remember the Media had all the time in the world to look through Brett Kavanaugh’s yearbook and school calendar but have no interest in Hunter’s laptop. Just saying

20. Retired Spook October 25, 2020 / 9:44 am

One of the funniest lines of this presidential campaign.

Rapper 50 Cent on Tuesday confirmed that he’s backing President Trump for re-election, saying he could become “20 Cent” under Democrat Joe Biden’s plan for higher taxes.

“Yeah, i don’t want to be 20cent. 62% is a very, very,bad idea. i don’t like it !” the Queens-raised rapper, born Curtis James Jackson III, wrote on Twitter.

• Cluster October 25, 2020 / 9:50 am

What Democrats for some weird reason don’t understand is that someone who makes $400,000 in NY or LA …. is NOT rich. A $400,000 income in NY city is middle class, thanks to punitive taxes and housing.

21. Cluster October 25, 2020 / 10:48 am

Everyone should start noticing how dark the Dark Winter Democrats are becoming. On MSNBC right now they are ghoulishly reporting how the number of deaths will explode soon and how they are already under reported. People are dying and are going to DIE …. until Biden is elected.

Dystopian campaigns don’t win in America

22. Cluster October 25, 2020 / 10:54 am

Biden’s
    Laptop
    Matters

BLM

• Retired Spook October 25, 2020 / 12:24 pm

We’ll find out a week from Tuesday, but I’ll bet the shameless efforts of the complicit agenda media to cover up the Biden pay for play/influence peddling scandal will only result in more people voting for Trump, plus lowering the trust in the media by even more than it already is– A TWOFER!. You know when even Van Jones sings Trump’s praises, any slim chance that Biden had just got slimmer.

On Friday night, Jones appeared on CNN with host Jake Tapper. The panel was discussing the final presidential debate, specifically Trump’s comment that he’s “done more for the black community than any other president.”

“Donald Trump — and I get beat up by liberals every time I say this, but I’m gonna keep saying it — he has done good stuff for the black community,” Jones said on CNN. “Opportunity zone stuff, black college stuff. I worked with him on criminal justice stuff. I saw Donald Trump have African American people, formerly incarcerated, in the White House — embraced them, treated them well. There’s a side to Donald Trump that I think he does not get enough credit for.”