But, now we might have to become the people in the way. Scott Adams (the Dilbert guy) noted on Twitter the other day that if our side doesn’t take control of the streets for 2024, it could get ugly for us. I feel certain that the reason the Courts have shot down Trump’s efforts (usually without even looking at the evidence) is because they are afraid if not anti-Trump. Everyone knows that the Left would explode in violence nationwide if Trump were to prevail. We might have to bring things to a point where refusing to uphold the law is more frightening that ignoring it.
For us older folks, another thing that has to be done is to fully realize that the America we grew up in is gone and it isn’t coming back. Not like it was. We can still maintain a Republic where rights are secured and the Rule of Law reigns…but it won’t be the old America we grew up in. As for our father’s and grandfather’s America: that might as well be a foreign land. To secure our rights – to be able to at least be what we want – some very hard and fast choices will have to be made.
- Some of the people on our side are going to say and do things which even to us seem outrageous. Ignore it. Let our enemies attack; we don’t attack our own. Yesterday, Kim Klacik (you might remember her run for Congress in Baltimore) made some outrageous statements on Twitter about the ethnic Chinese spouses of some prominent Americans. Lots of people dogpiled on her. I didn’t. Why not? Because we’ve yet to see a Democrat take exception to what Omar says and does. Learn the lesson: the Democrats never attack their own. At most, when really pressed by some extreme action, they’ll issue a mild rebuke. But there is no rejection – there is no Buckleyite purge of the Birchers (which was a huge mistake). If they fight for liberty, I simply don’t care if they also do some crazy things.
- The young – I’m talking 30 and younger – don’t even know what the Constitution says and they don’t care. I recall during the Impeachment process a young lady at work was all excited when the House impeached Trump. She was sure it meant Trump was gone: it took an immigrant who recently became an American to explain to her that impeachment was a mere indictment, not a trial or conviction. This was an American woman fully in possession her faculties and a graduate of High School…and she was unaware of the basic laws under which she is governed. We need youth votes to win – we won’t win them by citing Madison. We have to find out what these mostly ignorant but nice and generally fair-minded kids want and then give that to them in return for their votes.
- The productive people are the core of our coalition. If they make, mine or grow things, we must do whatever we can to make life better and easier for them. This is over and above any purely economic or fiscal considerations. The men and women who break a sweat to make a living are those whom we must seek out, listen to and act in favor of. Reaganism and Supply-Side economics are no longer key here: making sure Jose in El Paso can keep his construction job is…even if it means we spend or tax more than Reagan ever would.
- No more wars. We’re done with that. We’re America First. Fortress America. If we ever go to war again, it is total war using every aspect of our military might to completely destroy the enemy. Let the Democrats curry favor with defense contractors: we’re done with them.
- Back the Blue becomes conditional. If the Blue is taking orders from petty tyrants to enforce ridiculous laws and mandates, then our support is withdrawn. The Blue must learn that they are extensions of us, not the city council. Their job is to protect the people, which includes protecting people in the exercise of their rights. And Back the Blue does not extend to prosecutors offices.
- Corporate America is our enemy. The upper reaches of corporate America are staffed with the same sort of people who staff the upper reaches of government America. They are liberals to the core and they despise us. They will make decisions which harm their bottom line if it will offer some insult to regular Americans. Our task is to bring the to heel by whatever means prove necessary.
You can probably come up with your own but what can easily be seen is the old GOP Conservatism which prevailed in our politics from the 60’s until W is over and done with. It doesn’t work. It didn’t stop the Left. Now, we only hope we can secure our ability to speak our mind in public and hold on to our property. And we’ll only be able to do that – and at least start reforms which might restore old America in a century – if we secure power for quite a long time…and to do that we’re going to have to welcome as friends some people we don’t like and go along with some policies we know are wrong.
Trump was never going to be enough. If he gets a 2nd term, it won’t be enough. We need twenty years of uninterrupted power. We need to steel ourselves to arrest and dispossess large numbers of people that we used to view as our allies. Your ability to say that two plus two equals four is on the line. The rest of it becomes rather trivial. If you would not live in an America where you are forced to publicly lie in order to live, then get into this fight and leave aside your quiet dogmas of the past.