From Zero Hedge:
Before tomorrow’s 2012 pre-election speech in which President Obama’s vocal elocution will be earnest, and results – to put it mildly – tepid, about about how he could create jobs dammit, if only the Republicans would behave, it’s interesting to note who’s supporting Obama keep his job. A cursory look at the early stages of his campaign fundraising reveals that the same group of people that benefitted from policies (bi-partisan) that lavished them with cheap money, secret loans, debt guarantees and other forms of perks not available to the average citizen, are backing him for President… To date, Obama’s Presidential bid dosh comes largely from – wait for it – the financial sector. Yes, the same sector that screwed the country over, and that, despite some unpleasant lawsuits they will likely settle, remains as powerful, unrepentant, unaccountable, selfish and Main-Street-destabilizing as before Obama took office…
You can read it and weep over at Open Secrets. Now, to be fair, a lot of rich people will also be shelling out for the eventual GOP nominee – and we should find a way to discourage that…at all events, we won’t out-raise Obama in 2012 and, anyways, money won’t determine the winner – but Obama and his Democrats claim to be for the little guy. Remember, one of the memes for Obama is how we nasty, mean, cruel GOPers are trying to destroy the middle class…on purpose, because we’re just such bastards. We want everyone to die as long as millionaires and billionaires can get their private jet tax breaks…so go Democrat talking points. But I ask you, do the 44 “bundlers” from the Securities and Investment industry who have ponied up $7.2 million for Obama represent the middle class?
The bankers are deathly afraid of one thing – a government which won’t bail them out. So far, Obama has proven ever willing to screw everyone to bail out the banks. In fairness to Obama, I doubt he fully understands what he’s been doing…completely insulated from day-to-day American living and never having had to struggle to make ends meet, Obama may not know how a bail out eventually causes higher food and energy prices for average Americans. But whether Obama understands it or not, the fact is that he has been the bankers best friend since January 20th, 2009; and the amount of money the bankers are lavishing on Obama indicates they believe he’ll continue to be their friend if re-elected.
The middle class really has only one bulwark these days – the TEA Party. Sure, a lot of TEA Partiers are Republicans, but even the GOP – from olden times the party of the middle class – has not fully grasped just how bad things are getting out there. Only the TEA Party – being made up mostly of middle class Americans – understands. The battle of 2012 is a battle of the Ruling Class against the Middle Class…with Obama and his bankers defending the Ruling Class while the TEA Party defends the Middle Class.
We’ll see how it comes out – we’ll find out, once and for all, who runs this nation.
You would think that with all the money the donks are/have raised they would spend a little extra on thier convention. How about no. The 2012 donkyrat convention will be held in North Carolina. A right to work state. Even the donkyrats can’t afford or won’t union labaor.
Talk about hypocracy. 🙂
Communist Party USA Reveals: We’re Using the Democrat Party
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
The Communist Party Members You Voted Into Congress Posted!
Ladies and Gentleman: I Give You The Communist Party Members You Voted Into Congress
From the Progressive Caucus website:
And now, the Congressional members of the Communist movement in America:
Caucus Member List Friday February 20, 2009
Hon. Raúl M. Grijalva (AZ-07)
Hon. Lynn Woolsey (CA-06)
Hon. Diane Watson (CA-33)
Hon. Keith Ellison (MN-05)
Hon. Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18)
Hon. Mazie Hirono (HI-02)
Hon. Dennis Kucinich (OH-10)
Hon. Donna F. Edwards (MD-04)
Hon. Alan Grayson (FL-08)
Hon. Bernie Sanders (VT)
Hon. Tom Udall (NM)
Hon. Neil Abercrombie (HI-01)
Hon. Tammy Baldwin (WI-02)
Hon. Xavier Becerra (CA-31)
Hon. Earl Blumenauer (OR-03)
Hon. Robert Brady (PA-01)
Hon. Corrine Brown (FL-03)
Hon. Michael Capuano (MA-08)
Hon. André Carson (IN-07)
Hon. Donna Christensen (VI-AL)
Hon. Judy Chu (CA-32)
Hon. Yvette Clarke (NY-11)
Hon. William “Lacy” Clay (MO-01)
Hon. Emanuel Cleaver (MO-05)Hon. Steve Cohen (TN-09)
Hon. John Conyers (MI-14)
Hon. Elijah Cummings (MD-07)
Hon. Danny Davis (IL-07)
Hon. Peter DeFazio (OR-04)
Hon. Rosa DeLauro (CT-03)
Hon. Sam Farr (CA-17)
Hon. Chaka Fattah (PA-02)
Hon. Bob Filner (CA-51)
Hon. Barney Frank (MA-04)
Hon. Marcia L. Fudge (OH-11)
Hon. Luis Gutierrez (IL-04)
Hon. John Hall (NY-19)
Hon. Phil Hare (IL-17)
Hon. Alcee Hastings (FL-23)
Hon. Maurice Hinchey (NY-22)
Hon. Michael Honda (CA-15)
Hon. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-02)
Hon. Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30)
Hon. Hank Johnson (GA-04)
Hon. Marcy Kaptur (OH-09)
Hon. Carolyn Kilpatrick (MI-13)
Hon. Barbara Lee (CA-09)
Hon. John Lewis (GA-05)
Hon. David Loebsack (IA-02)
Hon. Ben R. Lujan (NM-3)
Hon. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Hon. Ed Markey (MA-07)
Hon. Eric Massa (NY-29)
Hon. Jim McDermott (WA-07)
Hon. James McGovern (MA-03)
Hon. George Miller (CA-07)
Hon. Gwen Moore (WI-04)
Hon. Jim Moran (VA-08)
Hon. Jerrold Nadler (NY-08)
Hon. Eleanor Holmes-Norton (DC-AL)
Hon. John Olver (MA-01)
Hon. Frank Pallone (NJ-06)
Hon. Ed Pastor (AZ-04)
Hon. Donald Payne (NJ-10)
Hon. Chellie Pingree (ME-01)
Hon. Jared Polis (CO-02)
Hon. Charles Rangel (NY-15)
Hon. Laura Richardson (CA-37)
Hon. Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34)
Hon. Bobby Rush (IL-01)
Hon. Linda Sánchez (CA-47)
Hon. Jan Schakowsky (IL-09)
Hon. José Serrano (NY-16)
Hon. Louise Slaughter (NY-28)
Hon. Pete Stark (CA-13)
Hon. Bennie Thompson (MS-02)
Hon. John Tierney (MA-06)
Hon. Nydia Velazquez (NY-12)
Hon. Maxine Waters (CA-35)
Hon. Mel Watt (NC-12)
Hon. Henry Waxman (CA-30)
Hon. Peter Welch (VT-AL)
Hon. Robert Wexler (FL-19) Share
Neocon the word communist doesn’t appear in Mark’s blog post anywhere. I wonder, since you seem to be a deep repository on all things political and archaic, why you don’t just start your own blog where you can post whatever whenever without any fear of moderation?
The only reaction to this list that I can gather is the times were 1963 and conservatives [Democrats and Republicans alike] were in the greatest fear mode in American history. On 10 January 1963 the United States was a mere two months removed from the Cuban Missile Crisis and six months distant from the massive black voter registration drives in the South. Fear of change was all anyone could feel especially a man like Herlong a conservative Democrat from the South born before World War I who attended segregated schools and gained from the Jim Crow laws that dominated daily life prior to World War II.
If this list was a marching order for communist infiltrators from what I see your side [the side of segregationist conservatives] lost horribly!
But it is interesting; looks like that list of goals was written in 1958 and it does pretty much cover it, doesn’t it? And as one of the goals was to gain control of big business – and that big business is pouring money in to Democrat coffers – maybe there is something to this?
In 1970 Barbara Tuchman published Stilwell and the American Experience in China, detailing the life and career of General Joseph Stilwell and how it related to China’s transition from monarchy to warlords to Chiang to Mao. It is an excellent book which I highly recommend because it does throw a great deal of light on a rather obscure but important bit of history – a history which is only becoming more important as China increases in power. I bring it up here because in the book, Tuchman details how during the first half of World War Two the US press greatly praised Chiang’s Nationalist regime but then, like a floodgate opening, the coverage switched to hostility while Mao’s Communists (routinely referred to as “so-called communists” or “agrarian reformers”) began to get good press. Tuchman figured it was because the MSMers were at last tired of defending Chiang’s corrupt and repressive regime.
Which is as good a theory as any other…until you read Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America’s Enemies. In that book, you’ll discover that there were quite a few communists (as proven not by McCarthy allegations but verifiable intelligence and the opening of the communist archives post-1991) in charge of war news (the Office of War Information seems to have been riddled by communists and fellow travelers). Blacklisted, itself, doesn’t make the connection – and the author may not have been aware of it; I only picked up on it because I had recently re-read Stilwell just before reading Blacklisted…the sudden switch in reporting about Chiang (who was no worse in 1943 than he had been in 1941) was ordered from on high…changes in Soviet policy, now that Stalin felt certain he would win the war, no longer required making nice-nice with America over China…so, our guy Chiang was to be ditched in propaganda in favor of Stalin’s guy, Mao.
We were instructed – naturally, by the sort of people who feared exposure – that to fight against “communist infiltration” was to fight against a myth…and to be a fascist-in-the-making. Seems, actually, that fighting communist infiltration was vital to our national health…and when Joe McCarthy went down, it was a severe blow to American liberty…as well as basic decency.
Neo, you idiot, do you understand slander/libel laws and the legal ramifications? With the truth being a defense, if any of these folks listed as communists get a hold of this you could have some legal problems. I am tempted to forward your list to those you named. Just because they are public persons does not mean that you can write anything and get away with it.
“In fairness to Obama, I doubt he fully understands what he’s been doing…completely insulated from day-to-day American living and never having had to struggle to make ends meet, Obama may not know how a bail out eventually causes higher food and energy prices for average Americans.”
You’re kidding, right? Obama’s mother was a single working mother and he certainly remembers a standard of living much lower than anything our last president ever experienced (whose grandfather Prescott became very wealthy from – oh, never mind that…) But surely you remember the “haves and the have-mores”?
Please, refresh yourself here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls
“Only the TEA Party – being made up mostly of middle class Americans – understands. The battle of 2012 is a battle of the Ruling Class against the Middle Class…with Obama and his bankers defending the Ruling Class while the TEA Party defends the Middle Class…”
There you go invoking class warfare again. The self-defined (and shrinking) “middle class” takes care of itself because it still has the representation and economic leverage to influence policies in its favor. But how about the working poor – what class do you call them? Obama’s policies have at least indicated an awareness of those people, unlike either the GOP or the Tea Party.
Under Obamacare, insurance companies can no longer deny coverage due to pre-existing conditions. Children can remain covered by parents’ insurance until age 26. Prescription costs for Medicare recipients were cut by 50%. The Children’s Health Insurance Re-authorization Act will provide health care for millions of kids.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act invests in early childhood programs like Head Start. Obama also expanded Pell Grants, which help low income students pay for college. The Student Aid and Financial Responsibility Act ends federal subsidies to private lenders and replaces them with direct loans. This directly contradicts your assertion that Obama is “willing to screw everyone to bail out the banks.” Banks lose billions on this while students are no longer held hostage to a predatory credit market.
The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act protects against pay discrimination, while the HIRE Act gives billions in tax breaks to small businesses. Obama also signed a bill extending unemployment insurance. And so on and on.
Of course if the Tea Party or the GOP have their way most of these things will come to an end. The working poor will be screwed, and that sure as heck won’t be Obama’s doing. It’s a Tea Party priority because they can see no farther than their own class. But woe be to any of them who, by illness or any other misfortune, fall from their precarious “middle class” status into the working poor.
Actually, from what I can tell, President Obama grew up upper middle class in the care of his maternal grandparents while his mother pursued a career mostly overseas; and she wasn’t long the “single mother” as she seems to have shifted pretty quickly from Obama’s father to marrying Sotero. I can’t help but perceive the spoiled Boomer determined to piss of her parents…Obama went from upper middle class home to college to politics…hardly the biography of struggle and certainly not the sort of experience which builds up an understanding of what it actually means to work for a living.
As for Obama’s supposedly pro-middle class actions – let’s take student loans. Hooray! Obama took the loans out of private hands and put it entirely under government…now even more kids can be shackled to debt right from the get-go…and, of course, the well-paid professors and administrators of higher education can pay themselves even more money as they continue to raise tuition much faster than the rate of inflation. But let’s not forget the benefit this provides for the kids…huge numbers of them get degrees in such trades as Bachelor of Physical Education, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Liberal Studies and Bachelor of Social Work…certainly lucrative careers well worth 30 to 50 thousand in debt!
Sorry, Dennis, but student loans are just a scam to extract money from poor and middle class kids and give it to wealthy universities and their overpaid staffs. It is a “soak the poor” scheme transferring wealth from the poor and middle class to people who are already rich and just want to get richer…
Better if we just identified what we need (we don’t need a lot of Phys Ed graduates or lawyers, but we do need a heck of a lot more engineers and doctors) and give grants to kids who want to do that…those who want to get a Bachelor of Liberal Studies can pay for it on their own or find something more useful to study. Do that and you’ll also bring college education costs crashing down because without all the useless filler “education” being paid for by student loans, colleges would have to lower prices to get more students in.
Mark, if your idea of living in a two bedroom apartment in Hawaii is “upper middle class” then we certainly have a different idea of what is upper middle class. His grandmother did work as a V-President at a bank, however, they did not live in luxury by any means. It is quite obvious you have not read about his time living with his grandparents and what his life style was. Middle class? Yes. Upper middle class? Not by a long shot. His grandmother sacrificed to send him to a private school in Hawaii because he was her only grandson and she believed in the best education possible. His grandfather worked off and on but was not the main bread winner in the family.
Even when his mother moved him to live with her for a few years it was not the lap of luxury either. Obama never went from an upper middle class home to college. He worked going through college.
It is quite clear from your previous writings that you are very anti-education – especially college. However, without pell grants available for poorer students they would have no way to afford college. And it was not the government that was strangling students financially with student loans – it was the private banking industry. And Obama is encouraging more students to go into engineering, medicine, teaching, IT and other important area. I do hope you get past your bitterness against education – without it our country is going to be dead last in the world.
Mark, In fairness could you also have a discussion on Fat Cat donors to Republican candidates? Or is this just an Obama phenomena?