So, What’s Next?

As you are all now aware, Mark is taking a leave of absence from blogging for a while, and I have been more of a silent partner with Blogs for Victory for a year or so now… okay, maybe longer.

First, let me assure you that Blogs for Victory is not dissolving. But, yes, changes are coming. These changes will be good, I believe, because as my absence has probably suggested, I’ve recently determined that I have new priorities (personal and professional) that have prevented me from blogging the way I used to.

In the past three years, I have moved out of my home state, got a new job, gotten married, bought a house, etc. etc.  In between that stuff I have dissolved other, smaller blog projects that I no longer had time for, and also started other projects that have been rather successful. It’s painfully obvious that had Mark not kept things going here, Blogs for Victory probably would have withered away. Thankfully, that didn’t happen, and I’m not going to let that happen.

I was told this was the closing of a chapter, to relish in some of the glory this blog, and your the readers and commenters who have made this a reality. So here I go:

Mark Noonan and Matt Margolis promoting "Caucus of Corruption" in 2007
Mark Noonan and Matt Margolis promoting "Caucus of Corruption" in 2007

Many of you have been with us since Blogs For Victory was Blogs For Bush, my first national political blog that became one of the most successful political blogs in the country back in 2004, and took me places I’d never expected. I was at the 2004 Republican National Convention as one of the first credentialed bloggers. I was invited to Capitol Hill on more than one occasion for various blogger conferences, and even had a few meetings with the staff of high ranking Republican members of Congress, as well as Karl Rove and well known political pundits. It’s also worth noting that while my wife never read my blogs before we met, it’s safe to say we’d have never met had it not been for my political blogging. Also, Mark and I have both been on national television, and have a book deal. On the local level, I started political blogs in Massachusetts and Upstate New York that saw similar successes with media exposure and recognition from local political leaders. It has been a tremendous ride, but my time in the driver’s seat has come to an end.

I accept that fact that when it comes to political blogging, be it on the national stage or local, my fifteen minutes of fame are up. No regrets. I did what I had to do when it needed to be done. I can just be thankful that what I did made an impact. But, other, non-political projects are starting to take precedence, and the management of a national political blog is becoming harder for me to handle as I pursue these other projects. Amongst other things, I’d like to take a stab at writing fiction, and hope to start writing a novel in the near future. Who knows where that will go, but it’s something I want to try, and I recognize that now is the time. I believe that I need to make my own success, not wait for success to find me. I think I have a good track record so far, and I look forward to this new challenge.

Matt & Ali at CPAC 2009
Matt Margolis & Ali Akbar at CPAC 2009

So, you’re probably asking what this all means. Well, I’m not leaving this community behind. I’m not going anywhere. I’ve spoken with my friend Ali Akbar about all of this. Ali and I go way back. You may have tuned in to our once popular online radio show, The American Resolve. I am pleased to tell you that one of Ali’s companies, Pundit Syndication, will be acquiring Blogs For Victory in the near future. What does this mean? It means Blogs for Victory is about to get faster, better, and bigger. Over the next month, you’ll notice major changes in content and branding. I will be staying on, of course, as editor-in-chief emeritus, and working with Ali as he transforms Blogs for Victory into what I always hoped it could be.

So, rumors of the end of Blogs for Victory are grossly exaggerated. We still have a mission and a purpose, so stay with me as we take the next step.

20 thoughts on “So, What’s Next?

1. thealiakbar October 1, 2011 / 1:31 pm

We’re stoked!

• neocon1 October 1, 2011 / 1:54 pm

Cool
      Ali
      possibly some background on you ?
      It is nice to know who we are blogging with.

My self I am a 65yo semi retired former Buffalonian now in Fl (31 yrs).
      I own and manage a Mechanical contracting company which employs my three sons, wife (and I work for free…go figure.)
      I have worked in the commercial/industrial construction business since 1968.
      I am a state certified Mechanical contractor, I am also a licensed journeyman steam fitter.
      I hold both fire and security specialty certificates in the state of Fla.and am NICET level 2 in Fire alarm systems.
      My college is in business mgt, served a 5 year apprenticeship and have 20+ years of continuing education.

I have two grand sons, have been married 35 years.
      I am a Viet Nam vet former Marine.
      I am a Christian, conservative…and hate communism and socialism.

Neo 🙂

Ps
      I love beer.

• Matt Margolis October 1, 2011 / 2:04 pm

we could have been neighbors if you stayed in Buffalo. But you probably made the right choice!

• neocon1 October 1, 2011 / 2:09 pm

Matt

Kenmore – N.Tonawanda

have many relatives still up there.
        might catch up with ya one day next year.
        gotta have Teds hot dogs of course, and Anchor bar wings.

• Matt Margolis October 1, 2011 / 2:13 pm

Live in Chautauqua County. Work in downtown Buffalo. When you’re up this way, let me know!

2. Cluster October 1, 2011 / 2:08 pm

Matt and Ali,

Looking forward to the change – I have been around since 2004, first as neocon, and now as cluster and I am glad to hear that we will still have a place to discuss policy and vent from time to time.

3. RetiredSpook October 1, 2011 / 2:38 pm

Matt & Ali,

I’ve also been around B4B/B4V since early 2004. I’m a retired Navy Security Group signals intelligence officer (1965-1989), and am currently a manufacturer’s rep working from my home in northeastern Indiana. I’d classify myself as somewhat of a political junkie, and look forward to continuing to be part of the discussion here.

4. arcman46 October 2, 2011 / 9:04 am

I too have been here since the beginning. I hope all the best, and am looking forward to seeing what is in store for B4V.

5. Cluster October 2, 2011 / 10:04 am

And here’s more from the ignorant people that occupy Obama world –

“I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount of that amount then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps and if that doesn’t help, then being beheaded,” Roseanne Barr said with a straight face.

6. Count d'Haricots October 2, 2011 / 8:18 pm

As well, I’ve been around since 2004.

First as the original Rathaven (I gave the handle to friend back in 2005) then the Bane of Liberals’ Existence, then as Libsbane before settling on Count d’Haricots.

I’m an accountant by training, a fiscal analyst by choice, a teacher by default and a governmental budget manager by the grace of God

I comment infrequently as work allows.

And I’m thrilled that B4V will continue.

Mark has given much of himself to this discussion, I wish him well and embrace the changes with hope and trepidation.

7. js October 2, 2011 / 9:44 pm

hey!

I remember pounding keys in blogs for bush…and victory came and i still do…

hope for positive change…this next election year will probably be the biggest and roughest in our generation…

let er’ rip!!

8. dbschmidt October 2, 2011 / 11:26 pm

Congrats and looking forward to whatever comes our way; nevertheless, the question “So, What’s Next?” leaves a wide path of opportunity. As an option–how about we ask the resident liberals, progressives, trolls, and flapping monkey brigade to define their point of view. Not what policies they want to spend other people’s money on or why we need cradle to grave everything but rather what makes them belief they are entitled to take my money and spend it on such crap.

The streets were not lined with the sick, poor, and dying prior to 1960. The sky’s were not aflame due to lack of regulations. The water was drinkable, the fish caught could be eaten and everyone was expected to not only earn their own keep but to give to something greater.

The only thing that has changed is the policies driven by progressives and liberals over the years into what is now started the “Days of Rage”; however, those folks can hardly complete a sentence let alone know why they are even there short of their “Masters” telling them so.

What is, and why is, Socialism so great and then tell me where you want to take this country because Socialism is only a stepping stone towards Marxism / Communism. What is your perceived endgame?

9. Leo Pusateri October 6, 2011 / 8:08 pm

Welcome aboard, Ali–

I’m the occasional guest blogger that shows up from time to time :O) I’m anxious to see how this goes-

10. bozo November 6, 2011 / 5:59 am

Rough trackback entry #2.

• Majordomo Pain November 7, 2011 / 3:40 pm

We call em like we see em.

11. bagni November 18, 2011 / 1:22 am

dear ali-matt
    nice meeting you
    i too have been around b4v for a while
    mark and i go way back and have actually had some civil back and forths on this site
    unlike most of the other goofballs that visit here
    frankly,
    i got weepy when i read matt-neo’s intro
    because it barely scratches the surface of an old man with so many deep seated issues
    but i love him just the same
    i look forward to seeing your posts
    and mixing it up a bit
    ::))

12. Jack in Chicago September 10, 2012 / 7:42 pm

I’m sure all twelve of your readers are very excited.

Whoo. Hoo.