Ace posts an interesting list gathered by Jason Johnson about Flake:
1) Tempting to comment on Flake’s floor speech. Instead, offering context on his view of “governing” by highlighting a few of his votes.
2) Jeff Flake was 1 of 10 Republican senators who voted to confirm Loretta Lynch for Attorney General
3) Flake voted to fund President Obama’s unconstitutional executive amnesty.
4) Flake voted against Sen. Mike Lee’s 1st Amendment Defense Act
5) Flake voted for Obama’s $1.1 trillion Cromnibus 2015 spending bill
6) Flake voted to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank
7) Flake voted for S.2114 which increased Russia’s power at the International Monetary Fund
8) Flake voted for a CLEAN debt limit suspension (2014)
9) Flake was 1 of 11 Republican senators who voted to confirm Janet Yellen
10) Flake voted for the Ryan-Murray budget which lifted spending caps & raised fees (taxes) in exchange for promises of future spending cuts
11) Flake voted for the Gang of 8 amnesty bill
12) Flake voted for the post-Newtown gun grab
13) Flake voted AGAINST The Defund Obamacare Act of 2013 (S.1292)
14) Flake voted to increase debt by $900 billion in exchange for the promise of discretionary cuts in the future (2011)
15) Flake preferred John Kasich over Cruz or Trump in the 2016 GOP Primary.
This is Conservatism? This is principled leadership? My comment earlier in the day over an MSM article saying that Flake was “appalled” by Trump that we Conservatives were rather appalled by a guy who thinks cheap labor and trade deals with Chinese tyrants are Conservative.
I’ve seen polling which shows Flake at about 18% approval rating – he was going to lose next year, no matter what. It seems he’s managed to anger both the Democrats and the GOP in Arizona. People just weren’t going to buy it…especially not GOP voters. Everyone knew what he’d do in a re-election bid…talk a huge game of Conservatism, and then just knife us in the back once he was re-elected. Dumping him does put the GOP Seat at risk, but what good has having it in GOP hands done for us?
Corker and Flake out means we’ve got a couple weak members out – and have a very solid shot of replacing both of them with people we can rely on. We also have a good chance of picking up a net of 4 or 5 Senate seats next year. If this gets done, the few remaining RINOs will simply be overwhelmed (either out-voted or terrified of being primaried if they stray). Could be a lot of good things coming our way in 2019.
The panelists on MSNBC are not talking about Russia this morning ….. I wonder why? Rather, they are bemoaning the lost of “conservative” Jeff Flake and the dismantling of the Republican Party. You know, because they care so much for the Republican Party.
THEY STILL DON’T GET IT ……
Oh, I think they GET it; they just can’t afford to admit that they get it, IMO. Although, if they really DON’T GET IT, they are some of the dumbest people who ever lived and should never be allowed to be anywhere near the reins of power.
….as if the two are mutually exclusive.
Flake is not resigning because of Trump. He is resigning because his squishy, open border brand of “conservatism” IS OVER. There is no way he would ever win again here in AZ.
And Rush is on fire, and calling out the establishment including Johnny McCain, who sent a courier to England to get a copy of the completely phony dossier. And then don’t forget that after campaigning on “leading the charge to repeal Obamacare”, he was the one vote that saved it.
DRAIN THE SWAMP
This whole “dossier” thing is getting more and more entertaining as time goes on.
I just hope we can find a way to inform the public about the long and messy trail of lies, criminal acts and other shenanigans leading up to Trump’s election, in a way that is succinct and, hopefully, entertaining. I hatehatehateHATE the idea of it being dragged through the inevitable talk show messes, where no conservative sentence can be completed and the Leftist howling will make ears bleed. I wish I could count on us being smart enough to avoid that trap and focus on ways to get the information out without the shrieking, squealing, squalling Left trying to drown it all out.
I also hope we find a way to inform the public that in less than 1 year, Mad Dog Mattis has all but defeated ISIS. They only have one last bit of territory they control along the Iraq border, but that will soon be gone too. And today, I read an article where Saudi Arabia is now speaking out against extremism and calling for a return to Islamic moderation. In other countries, this is actually news that is reported. Here, we get reports on who was bullied and offended.
And after the MSM works up another outrage about a Trump tweet, then then asked, “why doesn’t the public trust us?”.