9/11 at 18

Hard to believe it has been that long. People are becoming adults in our nation who have no memory of it. But, if they join the Army we will send them to fight in Afghanistan! And then accuse them of being war criminals.

I can no longer get weepy about 9/11 – it has been burned out of me. I used to feel anger about it, but now I know if it hadn’t been that, it would have been something else. Bin Laden picked his target well – he must have been an avid reader of the American MSM. No nation that allows the garbage it puts out is in a healthy state. We managed to whack bin Laden – something he knew was a risk – but at the end of the day, we’ve done nothing against the ideology he supported and we are even more riven by faction and self-hatred than we were on 9/10/2001.

I pray for the souls of the departed, and that our nation is cured of it’s errors, and becomes, once again, a nation which can respond to an attack like 9/11.

50 thoughts on “9/11 at 18

1. Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 10:45 am

Being a former SIGINT officer, I read everything I could get my hands on in the 4 or 5 years following 9/11. My personal belief was that, at a very minimum, it was a massive failure of the intelligence community. One site I followed regularly was the Able Danger blog. For those who don’t remember, Able Danger was the code name for a data mining operation run by Lt. Col Tony Schafer. I’m kind of going by memory here, but IIRC Schafer and his team were shut down when they got too close to the 9/11 plot. I always found it hard to believe that George W. Bush was in any way involved in “allowing” 9/11 to happen, but I do believe that there were hawks in his administration that saw it coming and saw an opportunity. Whether they actively conspired or just passively turned a blind eye will forever be debated.

Interesting reading on the topic.

• Cluster September 11, 2019 / 11:44 am

We need to end the “Military Industrial Complex” attitude that is pervasive amongst long term foreign policy hawks and entrenched pentagon bureaucrats. We need fresh eyes and mindsets to address our entanglements throughout the world. IMHO, we should get out of Germany and Japan, there is no reason for us to be there any longer. We need a new approach to terrorism by using tactical forces and doing our best to contain their activities to regional conflicts and demand the countries in the neighborhood participate in these conflicts.

I don’t think we will ever win the “hearts and minds” of Muslims and I am done trying. We should let them know that we respect their right to life and worship, but the minute that their beliefs negatively impact our way of life – they will have to answer for that.

• M. Noonan September 11, 2019 / 3:53 pm

Bolton was fired yesterday and he was the last Swamp Dweller I had any respect for…and now its coming out that he would selectively leak things to the press in an attempt to herd the President in a direction the President didn’t want to go. If true – and it looks like it is – then he’s just as bad as any Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney out there…and now we have to ponder what he might have been selling us under the guise of being a hawk all these years.

• Amazona September 11, 2019 / 4:00 pm

As I am extremely skeptical of leaks, especially when they are intended to smear someone, I don’t automatically believe a leak that says someone got fired for leaking. “Coming out” from whom? What is the source on this?

I can see Bolton as harsh, maybe, but not devious. He has always struck me as a guy who would charge head-on into a situation, not mouse around the edges playing coy games.

• M. Noonan September 11, 2019 / 5:59 pm

Yep; that’s how I viewed him, too; its why I trusted him in spite of his Establishment background…I’ve always viewed him as a rebel. But if it is proved that he was leaking, then he was just another DC game player.

• M. Noonan September 11, 2019 / 3:30 pm

There’s no need for conspiracy theories when there’s general incompetence aplenty. Like Pearl Harbor, though, 9/11 was a very well-advertised sneak attack. If the pieces weren’t put together then it is because those who were supposed to put them together refused to…because that would have required them to make a hard and fast decision upon which their career would ride. In relation to Trump-Russia, Ace has a write-up today about the burning of the alleged spy we had in Russia…and it looks as though he may have been burned simply to advance the Trump-Russia Narrative. There’s our CIA…

• Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 3:50 pm

Quote of the day:

Never ascribe to cleverness that which can be explained by stupidity. Author unknown

• Cluster September 11, 2019 / 4:14 pm

9/11 was a very well-advertised sneak attack. If the pieces weren’t put together then it is because those who were supposed to put them together refused to …

Jamie Gorelick

• Amazona September 11, 2019 / 6:33 pm

The SODDI defense: Some Other Dude Did It

• Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 12:35 pm

Look at the Situation room photo at the top of the article and tell me Obama’s image wasn’t photo-shopped in. He’s about half the size of the Air Force General sitting next to him. There were rumors at the time that he was playing golf when it went down, and, in fact, he’s still in his golf windbreaker in the photo.

• Cluster September 11, 2019 / 12:41 pm

Holy smokes, we need to get that informant out of jail, period. Wherever he is. And wasn’t it Ben Rhodes who called out journalists with such disdain saying that “we (the administration) can tell them anything and they will simply repeat it”.

The Obama admin was chock full of leakers and spyers.

2. Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 12:30 pm

Another arrow in the Dems’ quiver to get Trump falls short.

Rep-elect Dan Bishop, R-N.C., appeared on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday following his special election victory for North Carolina’s ninth congressional district seat, and credited President Trump with helping him across the finish line.

“[Trump] was a tremendous help,” he said. “We really only were competitive in terms of funding for about six weeks. So the president and the vice president stepping in and committing the way they did to this race was tremendous. And a lot of credit goes to the president.”

Bishop praised Trump’s fighting spirit and said American voters usually respond well to leaders who speak plainly, and directly.

• Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 12:49 pm

Rush is just reporting that in Cumberland County where Trump lost by 20,000 votes in 2016, Bishop won and garnered 30% of the black vote. Let that sink in.

• Cluster September 11, 2019 / 12:56 pm

Ummm I think a lot of the “black and brown” vote (and oh how I hate defining it like that) will go for Trump in 2020. I mean honestly, who do you think Hispanic and black men identify with? Elizabeth Warren or Donald Trump?

I rest my case.

• Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 1:11 pm

I’m fine with Pocahonky being the Dem nominee.

• Cluster September 11, 2019 / 1:18 pm

POCAHONKEY !! – oh I am stealing that one lol

• Retired Spook September 11, 2019 / 1:50 pm

I can’t claim credit for it. I saw it in one of those meme emails a few days ago. It is pretty descriptive. I’m generally reluctant to make predictions, especially this far out, but I won’t be surprised if Warren is the Dem candidate that Trump gets 20+% of the black vote, maybe more.

• M. Noonan September 11, 2019 / 4:00 pm

The shifts seem to be that Democrats are doing a little better in the cities and the GOP is doing massively better outside the cities. We’ll see how it plays out in 2020…but, if so and if it continues, then Maine, New Hampshire, Minnesota and Colorado go Red in 2020.

• Amazona September 11, 2019 / 8:51 pm

Colorado is pretty grumpy right now. The Bait and Switch election of last year, turning the entire statehouse over to the Dems only to see them immediately ram new radical law after new radical law down our throats, none of which had even been mentioned in their campaigns, has even a lot of Dems royally ticked off. The radical governor, Jared Polis, did not get recalled—yet. The campaign knew it didn’t have enough signatures so coyly never said how many they got, but I am told it was close, and by not registering them we can go back and try again. We voted down, by a large margin, a referendum to tightly regulate—as in control and inhibit—— oil and gas exploration and production, so the new Dem legislature just flipped us off and voted one in on their own.

A couple of the Lefty laws have gotten enough signatures to take them back to the voters in 2020. The economy is already taking a hit as oil and gas companies are shutting down. I know—our company works with oil and gas companies and many have stopped drilling. One radio caller said his wife works for one of the big ones and the day Polis announced he would be running they started buying up leases in Oklahoma and Texas and New Mexico. Wyoming is talking about adding 65,000 new O and G jobs along its eastern side in the next two years, while Colorado is already seeing a drop in revenue, and next year when there is a shortfall you can bet the state will be swamped with ads saying “Well, what did you EXPECT when you voted for Leftists?” I am in the process of moving back to Wyoming but have a home here in Colorado and will be keeping my Colorado residency till after the next election so I can be part of it.

At the Colorado State Fair, the governor is always driven around the big arena in a stagegcoach. When they drove Polis around, the entire arena exploded in loud, intense booing. Not just in one part of the audience—all around the arena. I predict a 180 in the makeup of the Colorado statehouse in 2020 and I expect a lot of that to spill over into Trump votes as well.

3. Cluster September 11, 2019 / 6:28 pm

So Elizabeth Warren just said that being president “includes having a plan and then going out there and fighting for it!”

I agree. Isn’t that what Donald Trump did? And is doing? And what the media calls “hateful and divisive”??

For the love of God these people’s self awareness is abysmal.

4. Cluster September 12, 2019 / 10:23 am

So this morning on MSNBC both Jerry Nadler and Steve Cohen have stated that Trump is the “most dangerous President” in our lifetime and MUST be impeached. What wasn’t said was that Trump was apparently not dangerous enough for them to forgo their six week vacation.

YCMTSU

• Retired Spook September 12, 2019 / 10:53 am

I would actually agree with them that Trump is the most dangerous President in our lifetime — to their agenda. But I think he deserves a second term and maybe a medal for that, not impeachment.

• Amazona September 12, 2019 / 10:12 pm

I don’t wear message T shirts but I might wear one that says “I ELECTED Trump to be the most dangerous president of our time !”

5. Retired Spook September 12, 2019 / 2:39 pm

Another swing and a miss by Obama-appointed, activist judges.

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration can begin denying asylum requests from migrants at the southern border who have traveled through Mexico or another country without seeking protection there, after the Supreme Court on Wednesday lifted a lower court’s block on the new restriction.

The justices put on hold an injunction from lower courts in California that halted the new rule pending additional legal action; there, a district judge had said it probably ran afoul of a federal statute and administrative law requirements.

• Cluster September 12, 2019 / 5:26 pm

Common sense is slooowly taking over

6. Cluster September 12, 2019 / 6:03 pm

Judging by today’s news … the clown show is back

• Amazona September 12, 2019 / 10:10 pm

Are you talking about the hysteria claiming that Melania Trump’s dress had stitching on the back representing a plane flying into a tower? THAT clown show?

Of the latest antics of Jerry the Hutt?

Is there a new way to be racist?

It’s so hard to keep up…..

• Cluster September 13, 2019 / 8:47 am

LOL … it’s an “all of the above” circus and I think Beto is the head ring master

• Retired Spook September 12, 2019 / 10:11 pm

The next 14 months will tell, but my feeling is that the Democrats have made a gross miscalculation about the mood of the country.

• Amazona September 12, 2019 / 10:19 pm

I caught a snippet of Polis announcing something today, trying to sound rah-rah, and I swear his voice cracked and he sounded scared.

I smiled.

He should be scared. He spent about $10 million of his own money to buy the governorship, and he has been soundly attacked and ridiculed for his overreach and radical Leftism for every single thing he has done. He was nearly recalled and if he has any good polling he must realize it has a good shot of happening next time. Even if he gets reelected, I am happy costing him another $10 million, and taking over the statehouse with a veto-proof majority is a good goal looking more possible every day.

You know the window decal that started with the cartoon character Calvin peeing on something? We now have a lot of cars and trucks with that character peeing on the name Polis—right next to the big sticker with the Colorado emblem saying “Your governor is a moron”. I hope the Left is paying attention.

No—-I take that back. I hope they remain smug and complacent, till the election results come in, when they have to start making excuses.

7. Cluster September 13, 2019 / 8:58 am

So last night a protestor interrupted Biden by shouting: “No human being is illegal on stolen land”

And this is the mindset that currently dominates the Democrat party and is the mindset that will cost them the election and if it continues it will relegate the party to that of an urban cult.

The HUGE majority of Americans know that this land was not “stolen” and find that to be offensive nor do they embrace unchecked illegal immigration. Let’s continue to foster and encourage this mindset amongst the left – it will be the fastest way to get rid of them.

As an aside – I tried to watch the debate but it’s just too hard to listen to grown adults talking like children. And don’t let this hilarious fact escape you … the three leading candidates in the Dem field are all older white people. hahahahahahaha that’s got to really piss off a lot young WOKE progressives

8. Cluster September 13, 2019 / 9:28 am

Also, just heard … Andrew Yang said last night that “I am Asian, so I know a lot of doctors” and he was not challenged.

I want Donald Trump to say at the next debate ” I am white, so I know a lot of successful people”

And then we will all sit back and listen to the media explode

9. Retired Spook September 13, 2019 / 12:27 pm

Quote of the day:

“It only stands to reason that where there’s sacrifice, there’s someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there’s service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.” — Ayn Rand

10. Cluster September 14, 2019 / 9:19 am

And we are reminded once again how dangerous the democrat agenda is:

The remains of more than 2,000 fetuses have been found at the home of an abortion doctor who died just 10 days ago. The 2,246 fetal remains were discovered in the home of Dr. Ulrich Klopfer in Will County, Illinois. Klopfer died on September 3 and it was while family members were going through his home that he found the medically preserved fetuses. An attorney for the family was said to have contacted the coroner’s office on Thursday about the discovery of the remains. The doctor had performed abortions at Women’s Pavilion in South Bend, Indiana, until his license was suspended in 2016 for failure to exercise reasonable patient care and violating multiple notice and documentation requirements, according to the South Bend Tribune. The suspension came after a 2014 Indiana Department of Health review which resulted in Klopfer’s clinic being cited for 27 deficiencies

Democrats love this. They will go to the lengths of the earth to protect the eggs and embryos of endangered birds, but American infants? … not so much. Post birth abortion is just fine with them

• Amazona September 14, 2019 / 9:34 am

Not just “American infants”. They are all about killing babies in any country around the world—and demanding that we pay for that, too

• Cluster September 14, 2019 / 9:58 am

That’s right, I forgot about that but one of the Dem candidates insisted that we kill black and brown babies in third world countries at our expense to save the planet or some such drivel. And there was no push back from the media.

• Retired Spook September 14, 2019 / 10:14 am

It’s not a stretch to say that the Left has committed genocide against the black race. More black babies were aborted than born alive in NYC in each of the last 4 years. Blacks currently make up between 12 and 13% of the U.S. population. Were it not for abortion they’d be close to 18%.

11. Cluster September 14, 2019 / 9:30 am

And now time for your daily chuckle. I present AOC:

New York representative, Alexandria Ocaio-Cortez 29, made her chilling warning about the effects of climate change at the NAACP forum (left) on Wednesday. ‘What is not realistic is not responding with a solution on the scale of the crisis – because what’s not realistic is Miami not existing in a few years,’ she said. Ocasio-Cortez reiterated that we need to be ‘realistic’ about the problem and make changes immediately. She revealed the Green New Deal proposal in February, which focused on changing the economy, renewable energy alternatives and resource efficiency. At the time she was critiqued over the draft legislation, which included an FAQ section that encouraged ending air travel and meat production. Ocasio-Cortez blamed the unintended disclosure on an intern having a ‘really bad day at work.’ Her then-chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti, 33, revealed the plan was not ‘originally a climate thing at all.’ Chakrabarti added: ‘We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.’ Ocasio-Cortez shared a similarly concerning prediction earlier this year that ‘the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.

She’s all grown up at 29 years old and telling us now that Miami will not exist in a couple of years unless we listen to her. How has America survived this long without her?

• Retired Spook September 14, 2019 / 10:21 am

That begs the question, what if we DO address climate change. What if we throw trillions of dollars at it with zero measurable effects? Are we still all going to die?

because what’s not realistic is Miami not existing in a few years

Well then, it’s a good thing the Obamas bought beachfront property in Martha’s Vineyard and not in Miami.

• Cluster September 14, 2019 / 10:33 am

Their heads are so full garbage they can’t see straight. It really is sad to see someone so indoctrinated and scripted like AOC. She is the poster child for our failed educational system that is immersed in Leftist ideology. I read a report the other day that revealed that on average 20% of all high school graduates are proficient in world geography, American history, the Constitution, math, etc. It really is child abuse.

• Amazona September 14, 2019 / 1:03 pm

AOC joke:

Narrator: Some alligators can grow up to 15 feet.
        “AOC: But they usually only have four. right?”

• Retired Spook September 14, 2019 / 1:26 pm

And I know it’s not realistic for Miami not to exist in a few years even though that’s not what she meant. What’s not realistic is the Left’s alternative universe.

12. Cluster September 14, 2019 / 10:17 am

The latest from the man of purpose and conviction:

Romney: I’m Not Endorsing Anyone For President In 2020

Thank God he lost.

• Retired Spook September 14, 2019 / 10:27 am

At best he would have been a place holder until another Obama came along. With the exception of Reagan and Trump, all the Republicans in my lifetime have been place holders for the progressive agenda.

13. Retired Spook September 14, 2019 / 1:42 pm

Convention of States weekly newsletter has an excellent analysis of the Electoral College and why the National Popular Vote movement is unconstitutional.

14. Amazona September 14, 2019 / 2:44 pm

In the sacred tradition of Dem presidential hopefuls simply making s**t up, we have Bobby Frank O’Rourke with this zinger:

“I want to say this: I am listening to the people of this country. The day after I proposed doing that, (taking away guns) I went to a gun show in Conway, Arkansas to meet with those who are selling AR-15 and AK-47s, and those who are buying those weapons. And you might be surprised, there was some common ground there. Folks who said, “I would be willing to give that up, cut it to pieces. I don’t need this weapon to hunt, to defend myself. It is a weapon of war.”

Now, does anyone really believe that people at a gun show who are buying weapons actually said they were fine with taking away their AR-15s because they don’t need them to hunt or for self-defense? That they are WEAPONS OF WAR !!?? That they would be willing to see these guns “cut to pieces”? Who cuts up guns, anyway?

Because people who go to gun shows to buy guns, and who own AR-15s, know perfectly well that the weapon has a wide range of calibers, most of which are totally unsuited for warfare. I suppose to Bobby Frank and any plants at the show there to be interviewed (if he talked to anyone at all…..) a .22. or .223, is used in “weapons of war”. War on prairie dogs, perhaps. Some of the larger calibers are slow and heavy, and although a slow heavy shell with a short range might be OK for deer hunting it is hardly an ideal “weapon of war”.

The only thing in this story is that yes, I WOULD be surprised to hear than any gun owner would say such a thing.

I think he is angling for inclusion in the Dem Candidate Hall of Shame, along with J F’n Kerry’s visit to Cambodia and Hillary landing in Iraq under gunfire from terrorists.

• Cluster September 14, 2019 / 2:53 pm

I think Beto wants to be perceived as the leader of the WOKE progressive movement. He has zero shot to be POTUS so what else could he be angling for? When I heard him say the other night “hell yes I will take away your AK47″ I immediately thought of a buddy of mine who is a former Marine, built like a brick shit house standing about 6’4” 250lbs and maybe an ounce of fat, and even at 60 can still knock the hell of out any 30 year old. I would buy tickets to watch Beto take his guns away. Good luck Bobby Frank

15. Cluster September 14, 2019 / 3:31 pm

So MSNBC is covering a protest of ICE in NY and while watching the coverage I hear a Democrat strategist saying that “we are all against Trump, but these POTUS candidates need to tell the voters what they are for, to which I thought “they have been telling us exactly what they are for and here is a partial list. Democrats are for:

Post birth abortion
    Open borders
    Gun confiscation
    Soft on crime
    Defer to other countries interests before our own
    Inferior healthcare for everyone

We are all well aware what democrats are for.