Some Never Trump “Conservative” wrote a whine about how Trump is destroying the global order which was founded by FDR and sustained by all President’s through Obama. To which I responded: good. The global order established in the wake of WWII was grossly immoral and essentially made the United States the whipping boy of the world – we were to pour out our blood and treasure to please everyone but ourselves.
I used to sign on to that, though when I did I didn’t put it that way. Now, I don’t sign on to it…because I’ve looked at the results and I’ve changed my views.
Think about what this global order has done:
1. Didn’t force Russia to disgorge central Europe after WWII. We could have. We had nukes, they didn’t. But even absent that, we had the vastly more powerful military force.
2. Allowed the beastly Communists to win in China. How’s that worked out for us, long term?
3. Refused to fight for victory in Korea.
5. Forced the European powers to give up their global role – and then we whined for decades about how they weren’t taking on a global role.
6. Sided with savages against Civilization in Suez.
7. Stood aside while one Third World brute after another seized his nation, looted his treasury and massacred his population.
8. Made it official policy that we wouldn’t fight the USSR unless it was a gigantic nuclear massacre of both our populations.
10. De-industrialization of the United States.
11. Importing, lauding and often funding amoral nincompoops who were at war with the moral values that made America the greatest nation in human history.
12. Placing our own poor on welfare while we shipped out their jobs to even cheaper labor overseas.
13. Staying in a UN which is a mockery of human decency.
14. Allowed our Universities to be captured by bigoted Communist zealots.
On and on I can go. You can’t name one thing good this global order has accomplished. Its all been a disgusting descent into a nightmare world of high-tech barbarism. I want nothing more to do with it. I want us to get rid of it by the quickest means available. Thank God for President Trump – intentionally or not, he’s ripped the lid off the nauseating stew and now we can see it for what it is.