Open Thread

With Romney’s announcement that he’ll vote for the nominee, it looks like Cocaine Mitch has the votes lined up to replace RBG…and I suspect he had it all along. I can’t imagine a scenario where Trump and McConnell hadn’t gamed this out twenty ways to Sunday. Everyone knew RBG was dying and so there were probably contingency plans covering every possible way that could come out.

I have seen some rather heated Twitter fights over just whom Trump should pick – who would be better in a political sense, who would be more reliable when it came time to rule. I decided not to have a dog in those fights because, in the end, it doesn’t matter: Trump is the guy who gets to pick and we’re all just going to have to swing in behind it when it comes. I think most of us are simply happy that a mindless vote for whatever is fashionable on the Left will be replaced with someone who might actually rule on what the Constitution says.

Democrats are threatening to pack the Court if we get this. Meh: I expect them, if they win it all, to not only pack the Court but add DC and Puerto Rico as States and then simply do whatever they want as they set up an unconstitutional electoral system which ensures we can’t win. The stakes really are high in this election: and only a crushing defeat of the Democrats will allow a chance for sane Democrats to recapture their party. Lose to them this year, and the insane Democrats will be fully in command.

Team DNC/Biden did have an awesome August for fundraising…and this generated stories of Trump/RNC being broke and desperate. Well, the Trump/RNC combo is doing fine and breaking fundraising records. Once again, never believe the MSM. They lie all the time about everything.

The Silent Majority is starting to find it’s voice. Let’s face it: stating in public that you support Trump is a risk. You could be physically attacked. Your property could be vandalized. Heck, you could even lose your job. But, now, more and more people are putting out the Trump sign and joining spontaneous rallies in favor of the President. The vote November 3rd might be very different from what we expect.

I don’t know if Kim Klacik can actually win in her overwhelmingly Democrat district – but she should.

The policies she advocates are not only Conservative, they are almost Distributist, as well. Only an insane person – you know, a Democrat – could object to them.

51 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. Retired Spook September 22, 2020 / 1:44 pm

Mark,

Just finished reading Secrets. Fun story, and I can’t wait to read the next one. Only found two typos in the entire book, and they were minor.

• M. Noonan September 23, 2020 / 11:45 am

Glad you enjoyed it! I’m probably, oh, 80% done with “Battles”, the final book of the series…maybe more; I’m really just polishing it, now. Hope to have it out by December so you wont’ wait too long to see how it ends. And I’m 35,000 words into “Shadow Army”…set 6 years after this series; had to write it after the Mrs came up with some really cool evil creatures I could use.

• Retired Spook September 23, 2020 / 12:28 pm

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for someone who embarks on such a project as you have two thirds of the way through life. I wrote a couple children’s stories, one in the late 80’s for my kids, nieces and nephews, and one in 2005 for my grandkids. There are 50 or so copies of the first floating around out there. I kicked around the idea of writing a novel, but could never come up with a novel-length story line. So good on you.

2. jdge1 September 23, 2020 / 10:30 am

It will certainly be interesting to see the election results for Kim Klacik when they finally come out. I think it will be a very telling narrative of things to come. The video is impactful and seems it should connect with her potential constituents… IF they ever watch it. If she wins or even comes very close (no real chance of voter fraud here right… sarc/off), it will likely parallel results on the national level minus a few exceptions.

• M. Noonan September 23, 2020 / 11:46 am

I can’t see why, if she gets the word out, she won’t win…except because of fraud. What the heck would a person living in Baltimore be thinking by voting against her? They live in the same broken city and they can all see exactly what’s going on…until now, they never really had a choice. If there were multiple candidates, it was just several people from the same Ruling Class. Klacik is the outsider with a plan. It should lead to a big victory for her.

3. Cluster September 23, 2020 / 12:01 pm

Enjoying the new Montana compound and being detached from politics/Democrats for 5 days …. priceless. Back to reality tomorrow

• Retired Spook September 23, 2020 / 12:11 pm

Now that you have a zombie apocalypse refuge, do you have a plan to get there ASAP when the SHTF?

• Amazona September 23, 2020 / 7:38 pm

You mean a vintage auto that will still run after an EMP, and with a huge fuel tank?

The son of some friends assured me that if it all blows up they will join me in Wyoming within a few days. I said no, they might have as much as three hours to get on the road, and even then getting through could be dicey.

• Retired Spook September 23, 2020 / 7:55 pm

I’m guessing I’m about 18-20 hours from you, which is problematic in an of itself, but to get there by Interstate I have to either go through the north side of St. Louis on I 70 or the south side of Chicago on I 80. We’re not nearly as remote as you, but we’re far enough off the beaten track that we’d have a bit of warning if roving bands of bad guys were headed our way.

I’ve had four people contact me in the last couple weeks about buying some of my ammo. 9mm 115 gr. FMJ that I bought a couple years ago for $6 – $9 per box of 50 is now selling for $60 if you can even find it. People are terrified of what’s coming. I look at it as an opportunity.

• Amazona September 23, 2020 / 10:06 pm

BRING IT WITH YOU !!

• Retired Spook September 23, 2020 / 11:04 pm

BRING IT WITH YOU !!

You know I’d like nothing better, but going I 80 it’s 1,085 miles to Cheyenne and 1,133 Laramie, probably a little more taking back roads to bypass Chicago. My car gets about 26-27 on the highway. It holds 18 gallons and I have enough gas cans for 31 more gallons, so, according to my math, which is always suspect I could actually get there with gas to spare. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. I actually can’t believe we’re even having this conversation, even half joking.

• Amazona September 24, 2020 / 2:50 pm

A lot of today’s reality would have seemed like paranoid fantasies just a couple of years ago. Cities burning while mobs rampage the streets attacking people for what kind of hats they wear? That has gone from a bad movie script of a dystopian society to just another day ending in Y in many American cities. Cops being picked off by ambushers and snipers? I don’t think anyone was truly surprised to hear that two cops had been shot in Louisville, not after the blatant attacks on police including murders. One of the two major American political parties openly admitting its goal is to destroy the government we have and replace it with a Socialist regime would have been rejected by Hollywood as too ridiculous (not the agenda but the open admission) and now we have MEMBERS OF CONGRESS talking about it. Could anyone imagine law enforcement officers refusing to enforce the law? It’s a common occurrence now in many Dem strongholds.

• Retired Spook September 24, 2020 / 3:06 pm

Especially when you consider that in the vast majority of political movies Republicans were portrayed as the bad guys.

4. Amazona September 23, 2020 / 10:11 pm

The feral savages strike again. Surrounded by morons who have no concept for, or respect for, the rule of law, they struck out and shot two Louisville police officers.

They are filthy cowardly vicious scum and should be treated as such.

As for “protests” it might be legitimate to express disappointment when the system acts fairly and within the law, but when they believe they have the right to act as judges and executioners that is not a protest. That is a violent temper tantrum.

The facts of the Breonna Taylor shooting are public, and they simply do not support the hysterical squealing of “murder” much less any racial component. I’m tired of these predators and savages and equally tired of the braindead morons who provide them cover.

• Retired Spook September 23, 2020 / 10:30 pm

I’m tired of the ones who are funding them.

• Amazona September 24, 2020 / 9:39 am

I am hoping that the government has been working on tracking down the funding, and will, as soon as the election is over, invoke the Insurrection Act, making such activities a much bigger crime with much bigger penalties than merely paying people to break the law, crossing state lines to do so, etc.

I wonder if George Soros could, if found guilty of conspiring to overthrow the government, be stripped of his citizenship as well as facing other penalties.

5. Cluster September 24, 2020 / 7:48 am

When I learned yesterday that it was not a “no knock raid” and that the police did announce themselves but were still shot at, my respect for the media dropped another notch. The media tried, convicted, and sentenced the cops before the facts even came out, and why did the prosecutors not release that information sooner and stop the inflammatory narrative??

We must win in November, then the real work begins.

6. Cluster September 24, 2020 / 7:55 am

So Hunter Biden was a busy boy …. taking millions of dollars from foreign entities and hiring sex trafficked prostitutes. I don’t know if I am outraged or jealous.

Hunter Biden allegedly sent ‘thousands of dollars’ to people who may have been involved in Eastern European prostitution and sex trafficking rings, according to report released on Wednesday by Senate Republicans headed by Senator Ron Johnson. The report cited unspecified records which indicate that Biden ‘has sent funds to non-resident alien women in the United States who are citizens of Russia and Ukraine and who have subsequently wired funds they have received from Hunter Biden to individuals located in Russia and Ukraine.’ The 87-page report was released on Wednesday by the Republican-led Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Finance Committee, and focuses on Hunter Biden’s business dealings in Ukraine. ‘The records also note that some of these transactions are linked to what “appears to be an Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring”.’ The allegations were mentioned in a footnote to a part of the report that delves into ‘criminal concerns and extortion threats’ involving Hunter Biden and other members of the Biden family, according to the New York Post.

7. Cluster September 24, 2020 / 8:02 am

So the media/Democrats are concerned that Trump won’t allow for a “peaceful transfer of power” … the irony is lost on them.

• Retired Spook September 24, 2020 / 11:31 am

Exactly! What do they think they themselves have been engaged in for the last 3 years and 11 months?

• Amazona September 24, 2020 / 2:53 pm

They even referred to themselves and their agenda as The Resistance, and they are bragging/threatening that if Trump wins (well, they will never admit that he WON, but if he retains his office) they will increase their violence and efforts to get rid of him.

BTW: Joe, you don’t have to concede to lose.

• Retired Spook September 24, 2020 / 5:18 pm

And I think his efforts to thwart them will increase exponentially. Of course a lot depends on which party controls the House and Senate, but, as I’ve said before, I believe the federal law enforcement gloves will come off if Trump wins.

• Cluster September 24, 2020 / 6:01 pm

I don’t think anyone was truly surprised to hear that two cops had been shot in Louisville, …

That’s a good point. The level of violence the Left has engaged in this year is beyond disturbing yet the media and many other people seem to think it’s justified. And then in the same breath hope to “unify” the country. This mafia tactic can not stand. The current Democrat party needs to be put down. As in euthanized

• Amazona September 25, 2020 / 11:05 am

Talk about lack of self-awareness! This statement indicates a belief that black people, Latinos, and Native Americans cannot function within a society which is based on the rule of law.

That would seem to leave civilization to white people (and as you point out, Asians). Interesting admission.

8. Cluster September 25, 2020 / 7:16 am

Well not only are Democrat voters burning down American cities, so now are Democrat representatives:

Police and Black Lives Matter protesters were in a tense two-hour standoff at a Louisville church on Thursday night, after the demonstrators declared the church a ‘sanctuary’ and demonstrated there when a 9pm curfew went into effect. Demonstrators massed at First Unitarian Church, where clergy allowed them to seek refuge on church grounds to avoid arrest during curfew, and a massive police cordon was established around the property. After curfew went into effect, there were multiple arrests, including Rep. Attica Scott, a state lawmaker. Scott is charged with first-degree rioting, a Class D felony, as well as failure to disperse and unlawful assembly. Earlier, BLM protesters smashed the windows of a downtown public library in Louisville and threw a flare inside as authorities extended a citywide curfew into the weekend and the National Guard prepared to deploy. It came during another night of unrest across the country over the grand jury decision not to directly charge officers in the fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor during a search warrant raid.

Hard to believe how extreme they have become

• Retired Spook September 25, 2020 / 9:56 am

Hard to believe how extreme they have become

Not really. This is who they are and have always been — well, at least during all of my adult life. They’ve just finally taken the masks completely off.

• Amazona September 25, 2020 / 11:00 am

They’ve just finally taken the masks completely off.

And I am hoping this hubris will be what it takes to alert the public to the dangers they pose.

It’s been interesting watching the circular thinking that has led to this: The Left gets most of the media on their side, who shift from being the Mainstream Media to the Complicit Agenda Media, openly shilling for the Left and providing ample propaganda for their cause. Then the Left, reading the constant praise and support provided by their own lackeys and mouthpieces, start to believe the publicity they have themselves created, and think they have the support of the public at large, leading them to the current levels of overconfidence and arrogance.

How can they possibly believe that the general public will approve of the tactic of threatening to “burn it all down” if they don’t get their way? Do they really and truly believe that millions of people think this would be OK? Do they really believe that millions of Americans are so stupid they won’t take a look at this and realize that a nation founded on this kind of intimidation and violence will provide no safety or protections for them, unless they are part of the mob?

9. Amazona September 25, 2020 / 10:51 am

Mike Ford writes: I told you so. At least as far back as July 2019, I’ve been saying that Vladimir Putin’s objective was never to help Donald Trump get elected. Instead, the bare-chested bear hunter was only interested in sowing chaos in the United States. He did so by undermining public confidence in our electoral system, while the Democrats helped him.

Well, I’ve been saying the same thing. When I ran this past the international espionage experts who ran a class in Berlin last year, they agreed. All the Russians wanted to do was sow confusion, create chaos and undermine our system.

And all the time they were howling that Trump was “working with Putin” it was the Democrats who were doing his bidding and helping his cause.

Their unbridled lust for power enabled Vladimir Putin to continue using them to this day to foment chaos. If anyone should be prosecuted for helping Putin, it should be Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, the DNC, and, of course, Hillary Clinton.

I hardly think of myself as a political analyst—-I just have opinions. But I have been saying for four years now that Russia had to prefer Hillary, as much as Putin personally despises her, because she has already engaged in underhanded and unethical dealings with Russia and basically posts her prices on the Internet, while Donald Trump is, to use a word included in the article, “unpredictable”.

Follow my link https://www.redstate.com/darth641/2020/09/25/opinion-i-told-you-so-it-was-never-trump-who-putin-supported-it-was-clinton/ and then read the Paul Sherry article linked in the RedState article.

10. Amazona September 25, 2020 / 11:15 am

It’s sure not the old Bob Dole GOP:

• Amazona September 25, 2020 / 11:16 am

And now we know what is really behind the eye patch…..

• Cluster September 25, 2020 / 11:28 am

Love it … in your face conservatism

• Retired Spook September 25, 2020 / 12:18 pm

WHAT A GREAT AD!!

11. Amazona September 25, 2020 / 11:47 am

Let’s be blunt here—if black people want to be treated equally and taken seriously as intelligent and competent, they have to start electing black officials who are intelligent and competent. Which would put Sheila Jackson Lee out of a job.

She had a rant about the grand jury decision in Louisville, in which she not only drags out her gross ignorance of the grand jury system and the judicial system in general, she emphasizes this ignorance. And if there is an issue of fact and law that still remains, individuals should have the right to express their defense in a trial by their peers. He did not do that. The attorney general of Kentucky did not do that

She starts off OK by saying “…if there is an issue of fact and law that still remains, individuals should have the right to express their defense in a trial by their peers.”. This is correct. It’s not relevant to the grand jury ruling, though, as the grand jury’s role is only to decide what charges should be brought, based on the evidence presented to them. I’m not sure who she thinks should be allowed to present a “defense” to the grand jury—the only ones who could, if allowed, would be the officers whose actions were being evaluated.

In other words, this ignorant dimbulb doesn’t know the difference between a grand jury hearing and a trial. And neither do the feral savages being manipulated by the professional rioters out in the streets. She seems to have some befuddled concept that someone other than the officer who will be charged should be allowed to have a “defense”.

But she will continue to be reelected in spite of her profound stupidity and her incompetence and her failure to do anything to help her constituents.

12. Amazona September 25, 2020 / 12:02 pm

I’ve started to realize why Dem leaders are not concerned about Joe Biden’s mental decline—it’s because they are going through the same thing themselves. Most are his age or older, and most are exhibiting similar examples of mental deterioration.

Take Nan’s latest ramble, trying to stir up outrage over Trump’s comment that he will have to wait and see what happens with the election: “If he says to people, ‘Swallow Clorox,’ we hear about it for the rest of our lives, but he’s trying to have the Constitution of the United States swallow Clorox

That is a strange combination of a lie intended to show Trump as an imbecile coupled with a strained and feeble effort to link it to what he said about the election outcome. It’s not only weird, it shows a cognitive dissonance.

Then there is the physical decline of Jerry Nadler, known to some of us as the Waddler. He has often been described as being “full of s**t”but it looks like he is a little less full now.

The bigger issue here is how weak, feeble, and diminished so many of our leaders are. Nancy Pelosi had a hard reboot of her brain happen during an interview just the other day. Jerry Nadler can barely walk at this point and apparently can’t control all of his faculties. Joe Biden is Joe Biden, slipping ever deeper into what appears to be dementia.

• Cluster September 25, 2020 / 12:11 pm

It’s impossible to measure the level of disdain and disgust I have towards these Democrats. I would execute all of them if I could

13. Amazona September 25, 2020 / 12:13 pm

BREAKING: Newly Released Documents Reveal FBI Agent on General Flynn Case Claims It Was Run from the Top and There Were No Crimes

• Retired Spook September 25, 2020 / 12:24 pm

For 4 years the Democrats have unloaded one false Trump scandal after an other — non-stop, 24/7. It looks like from now till the election the shoe is on the other foot.

• Amazona September 25, 2020 / 10:01 pm

The big, and essential, difference is that the Dems invented their “scandals” but the Republicans are just uncovering real acts and events committed by the Dems.

• Cluster September 25, 2020 / 12:25 pm

What we all suspected to be true is now fact

An FBI agent who played a lead role investigating Michael Flynn told the Justice Department there was never evidence of wrongdoing by the retired general or Russian collusion by President Trump, but the probe was kept open by Special Counsel Robert Mueller because his team had a “get Trump” goal, according to an explosive interview released Friday.

Agent William Barnett’s interview with Justice Department prosecutors earlier this month provided a bombshell claim that both FBI superiors under agency Director James Comey and Mueller’s team exhibited bias in their pursuit of Trump that upended the normal investigative decisions, tactics and commitment to pursue evidence neutrally.

• Retired Spook September 25, 2020 / 1:13 pm

what model would she look to emulate to which she replied that she would not use the US Constitution.

And, of course, that was because the U.S. Constitution limits what the federal government can do, and she spent her entire career violating her oath to protect and defend that principle.

• dbschmidt September 25, 2020 / 5:05 pm

Now I took civics a long time ago but one thing we were taught was “Government is force”. Everything the government does is against absolute freedom. Yes, a lot of it is required for a civil society but a lot of it these days is massive overreach.

Ran across a few other things today like the Democrats have never “built” anything from the times of Andrew Jackson taking Indian lands and selling them off for votes through Hillary taking a great deal of government and selling it off for votes and dollars. Democrats are basically parasites. This fits in with Amazona’s comparison between the beliefs of those on the right and the persecution of ideals by the left. They have nothing else–they have never built anything.

• Amazona September 25, 2020 / 9:59 pm

… a lot of it is required for a civil society but a lot of it these days is massive overreach.

Which is why the Founders worked so hard to find a way to rein in government when it tried to expand its size, scope and power. Their plan was brilliant, but it can’t stand up to people who just ignore it, and the allure of power is so great that even some who pay lip service to the Constitution think “Well, just this one time it will be OK to….” and it gets stretched, bent or simply ignored.

14. Cluster September 26, 2020 / 9:24 am

Did everyone see the video from just two nights ago in Portland Or of Black Lives Matters rioters chasing and surrounding cars in downtown and breaking windows and attacking motorists? All of the perpetrators were NOT asian, hispanic, native American or white …. just saying. And now the faux African American VP candidate is encouraging the animals.

Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris has come in for criticism after saying that protests against racial injustice, including those by the Black Lives Matter group are ‘essential’ to keep police officers in check. Senator Harris D-Calif. made the comments during the NAACP’s national convention in which she was interviewed for more than one hour and come just three days after two police officers were shot during rioting in Louisville. The shooting came after a grand jury’s decision not to charge the officers who shot and killed Breonna Taylor. One of the officers involved was charged with wanton endangerment. ‘Nothing that we have achieved that has been about progress, in particular around civil rights, has come without a fight, and so I always am going to interpret these protests as an essential component of evolution in our country – as an essential component or mark of a real democracy. The comments came just two days after two Louisville police officers, Robinson Desroches, bottom center right, and LMPD Maj. Aubrey Gregory bottom right were shot during clashes in the city.

We have a black supremacy problem in this country

• Amazona September 26, 2020 / 10:03 am

Nothing says “treat me with respect and dignity, as an equal” quite as effectively as acting like a feral predator

• Amazona September 26, 2020 / 10:17 am

They are telling us what they will do if they don’t get their way—why would anyone vote for these people?

• Cluster September 26, 2020 / 10:36 am

Exactly. These are mafia tactics the Democrats are employing combined with a heavy topping of fascist disinformation …. never thought I would see this day in America but here we are. On the precipice of a full out cvil war again. I’m ready

15. Retired Spook September 26, 2020 / 11:24 am

One day last week at the Y I was on a treadmill which is facing a wall of big screen TVs. I had my pocket radio (yeah, still old school, analog) tuned to Rush, while simultaneously following the closed caption on the Fox News monitor — what the younger generation calls multi-tasking. The treadmills (all the equipment) are alternated because of COVID restrictions, but the guy two over from me saw me watching the Fox News monitor. He commented about something that was said and asked if I was into politics. I nodded and turned down my radio and said that Yeah, I was pretty much a political junkie. He asked what party, and I told him I belonged to the party that doesn’t riot, loot and burn when we don’t get our way. He almost fell off the treadmill he was laughing so hard. Turned out he was of like mind, and we had great conversation for a few minutes.