Open Thread

Did you know that Amazon got a $600 million contract from the CIA in 2013? Looks like they got another juicy one in 2020, as well. There’s nothing wrong with getting government contracts, of course – but when a monster company like Amazon is getting them, it makes you wonder just what happened to get that contract? Who talked to whom? We’ve got this multi-trillion dollar government spending money like mad and contracts like $600 million to Amazon barely create a ripple. This is the first I heard of it. It just illustrates, in my view, that we’ve created a monster and nobody really knows what it is doing.

Mexicans, being sensible and civilized people, are going with coal power. I’d prefer we all went with nuclear power, of course – but what we’re finding out is that we can’t rely on solar and wind.

Democrats are moving to censor all non-Left speech. I guess they figure if they don’t, they’re doomed. This is probably true. There are many moves being made in the Battleground States to fix the election vulnerabilities as was done in Florida. My view remains that they went all out to steal it for Biden, knowing that it would be obvious but calculating (correctly) that no one would really try to stop them. This doesn’t mean, however, that the GOP wants to lose forever. Just a few minor changes in election law will make it vastly more difficult to cheat. So, losing that option, Democrats are going to try to suppress our speech so that no one can campaign outside the Party Line.

The Democrats are in full court press against Governor DeSantis – because Governor DeSantis is doing Covid correctly and thus would be a strong candidate in 2024.

The Muppet Show has been labelled offensive content.

Trump will speak at CPAC – note that it is in Florida. Likely because Covid but I doubt it’ll get back to DC any time soon. Let’s face it: DC is enemy territory. He’s refusing to tip his hand on whether he’ll run in 2024 and that is entirely unsurprising. I suspect he won’t run, but it’ll be foolish of him to tip his hand before the 2024 mid-terms.

24 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. Jeremiah February 24, 2021 / 12:24 pm

God bless President Trump! The man has a big heart, and tremendous courage! I wish I had just an ounce of his courage!

I have pretty good idea as to why he stopped pursuing the legitimacy of the Presidency. Some pretty reliable sources say that there were some serious assassination attempts on him and Melania. Then I thought to myself, well, it makes sense then, it’s what any man would do to protect his family, and say “You know what? This is it, I’m done.”

It’s not worth losing a family member, or my own life, and leaving my family bereaved for something that he can try to prevent.

I’m not saying that he shouldn’t run in 2024, and don’t have a crystal ball, but I’m just trying to put myself in his shoes, and how I would think about the situation before me.

It would be awesome if he would run. I’d love to see him be President for 4 more years.

At this point, there’s not much we can do about it, except pray and ask for God’s mercy.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 4:41 pm

I think it just as likely that President Trump is following Spook’s Rule of Holes # 2—when your opponent is digging himself into a hole, stay out of the way (or hand him a shovel).

The best thing Trump could have done the past two months is stay out of the way, so the Agenda Media couldn’t keep focusing on him as a distraction from the disaster of All That Is Biden, and let Uncle Gropy impress the nation with its collective stupidity in letting him anywhere near the seat of power.

• Jeremiah February 26, 2021 / 5:00 pm

Oh I agree with you there. President Trump is a master of distraction, that’s for sure! I guess that comes from his nack for being a master chess player. He played his hand well when he let the people in congress expose themselves for the traitors that they are, I think there was like, was it 6 or 16 republicans that voted to certify the election?Even his right-hand man Mike Pence turned his back on him at the very last minute. It was a huge shocker to me, as I thought Mr. Pence was an honest, decent person, who would do what was right. Unfortunately, people can put on fronts that can make you believe totally opposite of the intent of their heart.

Amy Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh was another big shocker. I mean everybody turned against Trump there at the end, totally ignorant of the ramifications to the hard working men and women of this nation.

Well, now we know, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story.

Finding honest, loyal people to head the republican party in the future is going to be a difficult task.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 6:48 pm

I have formed an opinion, or should I say “impression”, of Mike Pence since seeing him speak at CPAC in 2009 and following him closely ever since. I think he acted on what he truly thought was his strictly defined Constitutional duty when he agreed to count the Electoral College votes, and felt betrayed by Trump’s reaction. To be honest, I would have felt the same way. After five years of loyal support and service (one during the campaign and four during the term of office) I think Pence deserved better from Trump. Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt, even when you don’t agree with them. Anyone knowing Mike Pence could predict that he would take the narrowest, most unambiguous definition of something as its true intent. He is not and never has been a guy who would feel comfortable stretching boundaries, and Trump made it hard if not impossible to be flexible in defining the boundaries of the Constitutional role assigned to the VP by basically saying that he expected Pence not just to have an open mind but to actually go beyond the parameters of his authority to help Trump out.

When I saw Trump mouthing off about what he expected Pence to do, I realized he was making it impossible for Pence to do anything but the narrowest and most rigid application of the wording of the law, or look like a dishonest tool Trump put him in an impossible position and then turned on him and attacked him. Sure, I wish Pence had just taken it quietly and not said anything, but he is not a saint, and I really can’t blame him for expressing some negative opinions about Trump.

It’s like Trump’s ego-driven insistence that he won “by a landslide”. If he had just said he thought he had won, and used the narrow vote margins in a couple of key states which also showed proven voter fraud, he would have been in a much better position.

His reliance on the assumed power of his popularity and rallies led to the blunder of asking tens of thousands of people to howl at Congress to do something many of them probably wanted to do, and would have done if left to their own devices. All he and his ego did was hand the Left a weapon which has been used, brutally and without mercy, to harm him and allow the Left to take over vast swaths of power.

Overall, I liked him as president and still have a lot of respect for him, but a lot of what happened in November through the first week of January were self-inflicted wounds.

I have always said I thought Stephen King was an OK writer, but undisciplined. He would write something really creepy, like the tiny red dots on flowers on some wallpaper turning into drops of blood, and then go hog-wild till the town had gushers of blood blowing storm drain covers into the sky, which for me just made it all so over the top it quickly became stupid. After wading through a couple of King books and constantly saying “Rein it in, Stephen, get a grip, less is more” and finally giving up on him, I was reminded of that feeling sometimes watching Trump. He got so wound up, so dependent on, the bombast that he lost track of the real messages, and by the end they were buried in over-the-top hollering when quiet, low-keyed, simple explanations would have been much more effective. He needed a Time Out and there was no one there who could sit him down and tell him to take a breath and rethink his strategy. I think Pence was one of the collateral damages of that kind of lack of self discipline.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 6:54 pm

As for Kavanaugh and Barrett, I think they are too new and overwhelmed by the sheer brutality of the scrutiny they are under, and too timid to speak up. Gorsuch had some good moments: The other two, not so much.

I don’t think they will turn into mini-Roberts clones, squishing their way Leftwards, but will grow into their roles as they develop a little experience and realize that no matter what they do someone is going to freak out about it so they might as well just do the right thing and to hell with it.

I don’t know the politics of the Court, or the internal rules, so I don’t know how much authority the Chief Justice has. So I don’t know how much of a voice the two newest members might have had in the decision to not hear any of the issues related to the election. I do think that Thomas’s scathing rebuke and the opinion of Scalia have to sting, and the results of the cowardice of the Court are becoming so blatant that every day has to be a rebuke of their lack of backbone.

• Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 8:03 pm

The problem is that it is NOT strictly defined. A lot of what happened has to do with how Democrats and Republicans interpret the Constitution. Republicans generally believe in the 10th Amendment, that is, if the authority is not specifically granted to the Federal Government, it’s reserved for the states and the people. Democrats, at least since the dawn of the Progressive Movement, have ignored the 10th Amendment and believed that if the Constitution doesn’t specifically prohibit the Federal Government from doing something then it’s OK to do it. And that’s essentially why were in the mess we’re in.

The Constitution says (WRT counting Electoral College votes):

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted.
        (emphasis – mine)

I’ve read it forwards, backwards and upside down, and It doesn’t say who counts the votes. I’m sure Pence had some guidance from more than one Constitutional scholar. If you Google (or Duck, Duck Go) “where in the Constitution does it say who counts the electoral votes?” you’ll get a bunch of articles that say “the Constitution requires Congress to meet and count the electoral votes.” But nowhere in the Constitution does it actually say that. Counting electoral votes is also not one of the 17 explicit powers granted to Congress. The Constitution also does not say, if the President of the Senate is presented with more than one slate of electors from any given state, what he is supposed to do (or what he CAN do)

I don’t think Pence was out of line is handling it the way he did, but I’d bet if the shoe were on the other foot, a Democrat VP would have done it differently.

BTW, here’s a searchable text of the Constitution. If you search for the word (whole word only) “count,” you will find exactly zero. If you search for the word “counted” you get two, and they both apply to the same procedure, one in the section noted above, and once in the 12th Amendment, which changed the way the President and Vice President are chosen (ratified in 1804).

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 9:43 pm

Thanks for that research, Spook. I agree, and thought at the time, that Pence could easily have done as you have suggested, and opened all the envelopes, including those that did not comply with the “official” count, to allow for more than one slate of electors from each of various states. It does say open all the Certificates and he did make a decision about which to open and which to ignore.

I still think if Trump had not predicted that Pence would act in his favor Pence might have felt more freedom to interpret the rule a little differently. But he was put in a very difficult position, in which his integrity would be challenged and history would question it forever more unless he refrained from anything that could even be considered an interpretation that confirmed what Trump had been saying.

I can’t think of any entity that can be proud of how it handled this mess. From state officials that violated their own rules and even their own constitutions to courts that refused to force them to follow their own rules and/or constitutions to state legislatures that crumpled like wet cardboard and refused to act to state officials that basically continued to challenge the courts to force them to act properly to state legislatures that “certified” vote counts proven to be uncertifiable to the craven cowardice of the Supreme Court, the only heroes here are the ones who tried, and failed, to bring order into this chaos. Of all but the last category I think Pence is probably the only one who at least tried to do the right thing.

2. Retired Spook February 25, 2021 / 10:37 am

Democrats are moving to censor all non-Left speech.

We aren’t quite to 1984 yet. Alternative platforms are already springing up, and people who have been censored, banned, de-platformed, etc., are telling friends who may or may not have been paying attention, but are now. I’m not one for predicting the future, but I don’t see how this doesn’t affect the 2022 midterms. I guess it all depends on how well Republicans contrast their vision for the future with that of the Democrats. Absent getting the House and Senate back, Conservatives better be studying up on civil disobedience.

• Amazona February 25, 2021 / 2:42 pm

I’m not hopeful about the future of the GOP, which seems intent on repeating its losing strategies.

We are dealing with an opponent—the Left in the United States, which now controls the Democrat Party—with a highly successful ability to simply redefine terms which, in other times and places, would be negative. So they have redefined terms like “socialism” and even “mob” and most recently “insurrection”. This success means that when we use words that really do have negative and sinister meanings they fall on deaf ears which have been desensitized to them, and false meanings have been attached to incidents which do not accurately reflect what happened. When the Left controls the narrative to the extent of controlling the semantics, we have to adapt to that and change the way we communicate.

But we don’t. We just keep using the same redefined terms and then get frustrated when our message is distorted or ignored. This is why I keep saying we need to stop using terms that have been, or can be, redefined.

So instead of saying “socialist” I would refer to “consolidating power in the hands of a few”. That is a statement that requires a certain amount of thought to consider, as it can’t just be dismissed in a knee-jerk reaction. And it is harder to defend. One can parrot something like “There’s nothing wrong with socialism, it’s a good system that just hasn’t been applied properly” and feel that he has addressed the issue and dismissed it, and any subsequent argument has to be based on definitions, which can be argued interminably and with no real conclusion. But it’s harder to say “yes, I do think it makes sense to consolidate power in the hands of a few people” because that it is not a definable term, it is a concept, and to defend it means defending not a term but an idea.

Whenever we can drag people into the arena of ideas, we have an advantage, because they are usually basing their positions not on ideas but on feelings. Having to talk about ideas is difficult for them. Even the pompous pronouncements we have seen here from various trolls that try to masquerade as ideas are really just emotions tricked out in elaborate verbiage.

Another thing we have to do is start calling out lies as lies. An example is the claim that the intent of Trump supporters on January 6 was to “overturn the results of the election”. Bull. It was to encourage Congress to DELAY the acceptance of ostensibly certified vote counts for ten days, until an investigation had taken into their validity. But this phrase has to be shot down every time it rears its ugly head, accompanied by the observation that it is used with the intent of distracting from the fact that the Left is terrified of any real investigation and has gone to great lengths, including lying about what happened and even going through the charade of impeaching a man no longer in office, to try to keep people from wondering what it is they are so frantic to hide.

I would also make a point of saying, at every opportunity, that criticism of Republicans claiming that there was a “coup attempt” or any such thing is not based on Trump fandom but on the simple objection to stupidity: That anyone who has heard what Trump said and seen the reports on the facts—-that Pelosi and the Capitol police knew in advance that a riot had been planned, that people were on record as planning it days in advance, that they arrived armed and ready to rumble, that the intent of the Trump supporters was always clearly stated as support for Congress DELAYING the count—-is just too stupid to be in Congress. Although the Democrat sides of the Congressional aisles have set that bar pretty low.

I’d go after the Republicans who voted to convict on that basis, not on Trump support, and I would savage them for basic lack of ability to process information, setting them up for defeat in 2022. Just criticizing them for not supporting Trump is not only not enough, it is not even accurate. We need to, as they say in Texas, tell them how the cow ate the cabbage—lay it out in brutal simplicity. They are either too stupid to understand basic facts even when laid out for them, or they are corrupt and dishonest, but in either case they don’t belong in our party. (The side effect of this would be to say that any Dem who voted to convict, having the same facts, is equally stupid or corrupt.)

3. Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 11:05 am

I’d prefer we all went with nuclear power, of course

I have never understood the continued opposition by most on the Left to nuclear power. Nuclear has come a long, long way since we last built a plant in this country.

Both IFR and LFTR are 100-300 times more fuel efficient than LWRs. In addition to solving the nuclear waste problem, they can operate for several centuries using only uranium and thorium that has already been mined. Thus they eliminate the criticism that mining for nuclear fuel will use fossil fuels and add to the greenhouse effect.

The Obama campaign, properly in my opinion, opposed the Yucca Mountain nuclear repository. Indeed, there is a far more effective way to use the $25 billion collected from utilities over the past 40 years to deal with waste disposal. This fund should be used to develop fast reactors that eat nuclear waste and thorium reactors to prevent the creation of new long-lived nuclear waste. By law the federal government must take responsibility for existing spent nuclear fuel, so inaction is not an option. Accelerated development of fast and thorium reactors will allow the US to fulfill its obligations to dispose of the nuclear waste, and open up a source of carbon-free energy that can last centuries, even millennia.

The common presumption that 4th generation nuclear power will not be ready until 2030 is based on assumption of ‘business-as-usual”. Given high priority, this technology could be ready for deployment in the 2015-2020 time frame, thus contributing to the phase-out of coal plants. Even if the United States finds that it can satisfy its electrical energy needs via efficiency and renewable energies, 4th generation nuclear power is probably essential for China and India to achieve clear skies with carbon-free power.

Not only is nuclear orders of magnitude more efficient than wind and solar, it takes up a helluva lot less space.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 11:09 am

But….but….but Spook, when you build a nuclear power plant along the coastline in an area known for violent earthquakes, any problem resulting from an earthquake and flooding is, by definition, proof that the power plant itself is an unsafe method to generate electricity.

• Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 11:15 am

Tell that to France.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 11:19 am

Yeah, but they’re…..French

(I forgot to use my sarcasm font on my earlier post)

The Coneheads were an alien family, natives of the planet Remulak, who found themselves stranded on Earth. When questioned by Earth neighbors as to their strange behavior, they inevitably replied that they were “from Remulak, a small town in France”.

link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coneheads

• Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 11:39 am

But many on the Left are constantly reminding us that we need to be more like the French. Liberals love science except when it interferes with their agenda.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 3:52 pm

They’re just going in circles: We should be more like the French except when that means being more like the French.

It’s kind of like cheering when it looked like French President Macron was dissing President Trump and then ignoring this: French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday lambasted social media networks for their decisions to “suddenly cut the mic” as soon as they were sure Donald Trump was leaving power

It’s got to be hard to be a Lefty these days. You know, when you claim to be a feminist and then destroy women’s sports, or when you have to explain that insurrection only counts during the day but can’t take place at night, or when kids in cages are good/bad/OK again, or when Executive Orders are what dictators do or………

4. Amazona February 26, 2021 / 11:06 am

Big CNBC headline
    CDC study finds nursing home residents who appear to have recovered from Covid were reinfected with an even worse case

Oh my goodness! What happened? Well, FIVE people tested positive, once upon a time, and then a few weeks later after testing negative for quite some time, got sick and tested positive. “Again”.

While only two of the five residents experienced slight symptoms during the first outbreak, all five potentially reinfected residents showed signs of illness the second time. The two residents who reported symptoms during the first outbreak “experienced more severe symptoms during the second infectious episode,” according to the study. One resident was hospitalized and subsequently died.

The approach of The Sky Is Falling Invest In Masks CDC concludes that (1) the first positive tests were accurate, and all five patients really did have Covid though only two had “slight symptoms” which, I point out, include things like coughing or a headache. and (2) that showing symptoms at a later date and then testing positive means that there really were TWO infectious incidents and even then (3) they were only “potentially” reinfected.

On the other hand, I, as a CDC skeptic, think it far more likely that the first tests were not accurate. After all, we have plenty of proof that this happens all the time. The FDA is aware of reports of false positive results associated with antigen tests used in nursing homes and other settings

So why would the CDC ignore the many warnings about false positives and defective testing and go right to the conclusion that having had Covid doesn’t mean you can’t get it again? And what’s more, get an even worse case the second time around? Based on FIVE examples?

“The findings of this study highlight the importance of maintaining public health mitigation and protection strategies that reduce transmission risk, even among persons with a history of COVID-19 infection,” Cavanaugh wrote.

Aha. So the conclusion is that what we really need to take away from this story of FIVE people, only two of whom had even shown any “symptoms” at all when first testing positive, is that—wait for it—-we have to keep being paranoid. We have to keep “maintaining public health mitigation and protection strategies “. Why am I not surprised?

But wait…..Buried deep within the story, almost at the very end, we find this: emphasis mine

The study noted some limitations. Because specimens were not stored, researchers couldn’t conduct genomic sequencing, a laboratory technique that breaks down the virus’s genetic code, to confirm reinfection, researchers said. Also, “no additional test results exist to support the initial test result as a true positive” during the first outbreak, they said.

But the study, even with this caveat, still concluded that The results “suggest the possibility that disease can be more severe during a second infection.” “Suggests the possibility…” Wow. Pretty strong language, eh? Sure enough to keep us hiding behind face diapers, compulsively scrubbing our hands raw, staying away from friends and families even those dying alone, keeping our schools closed, shutting down businesses, prompting the President* to declare that he has the authority to halt interstate travel (that idea sure fell into the memory hole in a hurry, didn’t it?) and in general crippling the nation—because a limited examination of a limited number of people using admittedly flawed data SUGGESTED the POSSIBILITY that this virus might kill you the second time around.

In other words, the entire story is BS from beginning to end, with the sole purpose of trying to convince a panicked populace that even having the virus doesn’t mean you are safe, you can get it again and even get it worse and even die the second time around! so you have to keep engaging in the practices that research has said are not effective.

When you read the story, you realize there is nothing in it. So why print it? Why print it with such a big blaring headline? Except to try to advance an agenda, anyway.

5. Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 1:04 pm

The beginning of an exciting new trend.

On Thursday, the Oklahoma House overwhelmingly passed a bill, HB 1236, that would grant the state’s attorney general and state legislature the authority to review the president’s executive orders to determine constitutionality. Specifically, the bill would authorize the legislature to recommend that the attorney general review any executive order, federal agency rule, or federal congressional action to determine whether the state should seek an exemption or declare it unconstitutional. If either the attorney general or the legislature, by concurrent resolution, declares the act unconstitutional, then all state and local officials and any publicly funded organization are prohibited from enforcing it.

The federal actions covered under this bill include any orders pertaining to health emergencies; the regulation of natural resources, agriculture, and land use; infringements upon the Second Amendment; the regulation of the financial sector as it relates to environmental, social, or governance standards, the regulation of education; the regulation of college or school sports; or any other powers reserved by the State of Oklahoma or the people of Oklahoma.

This bill is probably the single most direct and effective way of countering federal power-grabs. As written, it would potentially pave the way for the legislature to block Biden’s mask mandate, transgender agenda in school sports, and racially biased orders in finance and commerce, just to name a few.

— snip —

While so many conservatives are focused on Congress, many fail to see that the states are where the power resides. Republicans control both houses in 31 state legislatures, the majority of them with supermajorities. If every chamber were to mimic this legislation, there would be large swaths of the country free from the totalitarian edicts of the left, regardless of what happens in Washington.

Fun times ahead!

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 3:56 pm

…many fail to see that the states are where the power resides… and of course those on the Left simply deny it.

This is along the lines of what I have been saying, about not just bemoaning the alleged loss of power this year but instead focusing on state legislatures as well as state elections for Congress. Strong state legislatures would not have certified uncertifiable election results, and we would not have President* Biden right now.

6. Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 1:37 pm

Laugh for the day:

Ted Cruz in CPAC speech — “The New York Times reported that 50% of women named Karen voted for Biden. I’ll bet 80% of men named Karen voted for Biden too.”

Helluva speech, BTW.

• Amazona February 26, 2021 / 4:03 pm

I’ll have to look that speech up.

I went to two CPACs in DC. The first was great. You know that Rush CPAC speech everyone is raving about? I think that is the one where I gave up my center aisle seat, third row back, for someone else to see him speak because I knew it would really matter to someone else and while I liked a lot of what he said I just didn’t care about watching the speech.

The second year there were so many people I ended up watching most of the speeches in my room on TV because the venues were so packed it was impossible to sit close enough to see or hear, and they didn’t handle the crowd very well.

Cruz is brilliant, and I do think that the Trump influence has opened him up a little to being more aggressive, which I like. I think the old Cruz might have handled conflict in a more abstract intellectual academic fashion, while the new Cruz just grins and says “Give it your best shot, Sparky” and then goes for the jugular. I like it.

• Retired Spook February 26, 2021 / 5:16 pm

His lame attempts at humor in the first couple of minutes fall flat, but then he hits his stride.

• Amazona February 27, 2021 / 11:03 am

It’s not my favorite rhetorical style, but I liked his message. Barn-burner speeches are not his strength—some flow into it naturally but he seems to be trying too hard.

7. Amazona February 27, 2021 / 10:42 am

Why is Newmax touted as a conservative news site? This from its latest article on Trump being the dominant figure in the GOP: …..those gathered at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday made clear they are not ready to move on from the former president — or from his baseless charges that the November election was rigged against him.

I think we have conclusively established that the allegations that “the November election was rigged against him” are true. There was even a long article in TIME Magazine bragging about it, though it didn’t mention the illegal actions, just the political manipulations and media help.

But, like good little losers we just ignore that “baseless” comment every time it raises its ugly and lying head, until it becomes part of the public consciousness.

8. dbschmidt February 27, 2021 / 1:48 pm

Disappointing might not be a strong enough word. At the Marxist Monolith of establishment politicians, vast majority of the “news” and big high tech is closing down on us. Worst of all is we let it happen or at least I did by being asleep at the wheel.

So many scary things in the news these days like 26.9% of household income is from the Federal government which is and has been the Democrats plan all along. Get everyone feeding at the trough dependent of Uncle Sugar and you now have the “useful idiots” in your corner. I mean, people need government money to keep from having to work and expand their “peaceful” protesting. Remember, insurrections can’t happen at night or some such.

But no worries, the Government is dribbling out bits and pieces of the “new normal” (Step 4 of Marxism) and the same useful idiots are sucking it up. I never really believed the saying “politics is downstream of culture” until I have come to realize how useless and lazy people are when it comes to researching/understanding things for themselves. I don’t watch 99% of the crap coming out of Hollywierd but it is affecting me because of the morons that believe it hook, line & sinker.
    Combine that with our major “news” organizations and the vast majority of people only see and hear one side–the side the current administration wants you to hear. The indoctrinated younger masses are ringing the death knell on America and they don’t even understand. They are willfully walking towards the trains with gleeful abandon.

What the NSA couldn’t do–most of the American public gave willfully to big tech for a wee bit of convenience. Sounds a lot like something Mr. Franklin said many years ago. But no worries for Congress as Pelosi now wants another 100M to build walls are Congress. But walls don’t work. Strange the representatives of the people that are against guns & walls want guns & walls surrounding them.

We are equivalent to a Banana Republic now and sinking but I refuse to go without a fight–hopefully one a lot more peaceful than the peaceful protests. My latest thinking has been along the lines of something like a printed two sides bookmark sized (remember those) document with large enough to read from a short distance “You just got screwed” on one side and something simple to check like “You still haven’t gotten your $1,400 yet but if you are one of Pelosi’s minions it would be up to $21,000” I would add something mean as well along the lines of “We got your vote so F off for 4 more years.” but that is just me.

What it all boils down to is the stolen election is so big and deep on both sides it can never come completely to light without completely destroying the current Government even though that is what is needed. At the start of a previous “Open Thread” was a question answered. Spook likes his congressman for which I am happy; however, what about all of the local, city, state and the other 534 federal representatives?

Whoohoo, let’s buy some more windmills from the CCP.