Open Thread

The Impeachment Drama continues, but behind closed doors and then selective leaks to the MSM…which means they’ve got nothing but are trying to make it appear they have. I think it is still just with the hope that, somehow, Trump’s support will drop…but, absent that, I don’t see the Democrats actually impeaching Trump…they’ll probably drop the matter some time between Christmas and the first primaries. Though they might drag it out until March or April if the Democrat primary turns out to be too much of a clown show.

As for Trump’s support – he went down to Louisiana the day before their State and local elections and the GOP scored a tremendous victory the next day. Sure, Louisiana is a very red State, but it was really a phenomenal victory all up and down the ballot (you’re not hearing about it in the MSM because, per humorist David Burge, the job of the MSM is to “cover stories. With a pillow. Until they stop moving”). As a party, the Louisiana Democrats are barely clinging to the governorship (with a better than even chance they lose that in the November run-off) and, once that is gone, they’ll have no power at all in the State. Trump is also raising buckets of money and can whistle up a huge crowd on short notice. Polling also seems to indicate that his support hasn’t been dented but, you know: polling.

As if you didn’t already know – CNN really does have a vendetta against Trump, and it comes from the top.

Hunter Biden gave an interview to the very friendly MSM and still managed to step in it, if early reviews are correct (I didn’t watch it, myself). As Don Surber notes:

The ABC interview actually incriminated Hunter Biden as he had to concede that he has mooched off his old man’s position as senator and vice president.

The son said, “In retrospect, look, I think that it was poor judgment on my part. Is that I think that it was poor judgment because I don’t believe now, when I look back on it — I know that there was — did nothing wrong at all,” said Biden. However, was it poor judgment to be in the middle of something that is…a swamp in — in — in many ways? Yeah.”

He also said, “I gave a hook to some very unethical people to act in illegal ways to try to do some harm to my father. That’s where I made the mistake. So I take full responsibility for that. Did I do anything improper? No, not in any way. Not in any way whatsoever.”

He takes no responsibility. He takes cash instead. He got his gigs because his name is Biden, which is all one needs to know about his lack of ethics.

This won’t work as well for Team Biden as I guess they thought it would. And given the Washington Post has a slobbering puff piece out about Warren, I’m guessing Joe’s days on the campaign trail are numbered.

The NBA has decided that sweet, sweet Chinese cash is the price of their soul. I stopped watching the NBA years ago as the players became increasingly garbage people who still dared to lecture Americans on morality…but there is something extra nauseating here. Remember, the NBA went ballistic when an American State tried to make a law about bathroom use…now they’re telling everyone to shut up about Hong Kong, because the ChiComs told them to.

Turns out that Trump’s economic policies are mostly benefiting….the middle class. Be fun to see how that works out in votes next year. I mean, fun for you and me: for Democrats, might be a bit less fun.

68 thoughts on “Open Thread

1. Cluster October 18, 2019 / 11:37 am

Joe Scarborough Unloads On Donald Trump’s Base For Swallowing His Lies

Says the man who spent the last 3 years lying to his viewers … hahahahaha YCMTSU

2. Cluster October 18, 2019 / 4:56 pm

I will just leave this here. I don’t think it will surprise any one.

State Department investigators probing Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of state discovered nearly 600 security incidents that violated agency policy, according to a report the Daily Caller News Foundation obtained……The investigation, conducted by the State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security, found 38 individuals were culpable for 91 security violations. Another 497 violations were found, but no individuals were found culpable in those incidents.

And what were we worried about again? A phone call and something called emoluments??

• fieldingclaymore October 18, 2019 / 5:11 pm

Moderator’s note: Please find a wall at some other site to throw sh*t against.

• rgrg2 October 18, 2019 / 5:33 pm

Moderator’s note: Please assist Fielding in finding another wall to throw sh*t against.

• Amazona October 18, 2019 / 8:13 pm

Gee, let’s make her PRESIDENT and see how badly she screws up security!

When people swoon over Hillary’s “experience” I nearly gag, thinking of the multitude of examples of gross incompetency she has exhibited since she hit the national stage.

3. Cluster October 18, 2019 / 5:35 pm

This is just to good not to post:

Morning Joe, Scarborough said people attending Trump rallies have a responsibility “to not be so stupid that they should be kept away from blenders.” Scarborough went on to warn Trump supporters not to be “dumb” and “ignorant,” saying they must educate themselves in order to see that Trump is lying to them.

I guess they have just completely abandoned any effort to convince us their policies are better. Instead they have chosen the path to shame, mock, apply double standards, and live in delusion.

RG and Fielding prove this everyday.

• Cluster October 18, 2019 / 10:17 pm

All roads lead to Obama and that’s why the the Dems and the media are circling the wagons around Biden and Hillary. They don’t care about either one of those two and have proven that in the past by going with Obama over Hillary and choosing any other candidate than Biden whenever he ran so this is all about Obama.

• M. Noonan October 18, 2019 / 10:57 pm

Did you check out the fight between Tulsi and Hillary? My goodness! Now, Tulsi is as much a Commie as any blue haired Xir could want but because she’s not batsh** crazy about Trump, she is hated by a lot on the Left…and, now, it seems that Hillary doesn’t like her.

• Amazona October 19, 2019 / 8:14 am

Well, Tulsi is younger, and waaayyyyyy prettier, is well spoken and telegenic, and has pulled no punches when it has come to going after some Dem sacred cows. Hillary can’t handle any of that.

And maybe Bill made some comment about Tulsi along the lines of “gotta get me somma that”.

• Amazona October 19, 2019 / 11:06 am

I have to say, I love the way Tulsi takes no prisoners. She says exactly what she means, pulls no punches, and it’s refreshing to see straightforward relevant comments, not just snide and smarmy personal attacks but focused commentary on real points.

4. Cluster October 18, 2019 / 8:07 pm

If the Kurds lived in Arizona, would the Democrats want to secure the border?

5. Amazona October 18, 2019 / 8:49 pm

The NYT frets: White House lawyers have opened an internal review of aides’ actions around President Trump’s Ukraine call. Some fear it’s a hunt for a scapegoat.

Yeah, and looking for the guy who embezzled from the bank is looking for a “scapegoat” and searching for the driver of a hit-and-run vehicle is a search for a “scapegoat”. These people are getting more and more absurd. Yes, someone broke a confidence and should be fired. The whimpering Left can call this leaker a “scapegoat” but the rest of us know he or she is just a weasel who can’t be trusted.

• Cluster October 18, 2019 / 10:02 pm

Have you heard Geraldo Rivera, who is no Trump fan, speak to this issue? Geraldo says the “ President is still surrounded by rats and vipers and is unfairly targeted” wow.

• Retired Spook October 18, 2019 / 11:20 pm

Actually Geraldo and Trump have been friends for a long time, and their friendship seems to have transcended their politics.